Super Bowl Commercials

Posted 635 day(s) ago by xunil2204 Views 83 Replies
Page 2 of 2 1 2
    Originally Posted by jmizzy4ou View Post
    I enjoyed them. Color me easily entertained...

The VW commercial was AWESOME!!!! Anyone who can find racism in that, is searching too hard, IMO.......
    The VW commercial made me laugh, but I just didn't like how loosely wrapped up it was. Driving this car will make you happy, and Jamaicans are always happy, so you talk in a Jamaican accent. And then it's playing a Partridge Family song and not a Jamaican song about being happy. You just kinda have to make an extra step in your head to get there.

I thought the father-son playing catch VW Passat ad that they've been running for the last few weeks was a lot better. Funny, highlights the benefit of the car, and ties that back into the joke.
    The following users like this post: brokebacksooner

Originally Posted by DRminimega67 View Post
    I always seem to enjoy the Doritos commercials. And I also wish I was the dude who was making out w Bar Rafaeli.
    That wasn't you?

The VW, Coke and Dodge commercials were my favs . . .

I found the Oreo whispering riot in the library funny and the cars.com "you want drama?" wolf good also.

all my pals seem grossed out by the Go Daddy commercial, I found it funny and good for that guy landing a part like that!

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    all my pals seem grossed out by the Go Daddy commercial, I found it funny and good for that guy landing a part like that!
    The news this morning said it took 25 takes to get it right. Lucky ****!
    3 users like PokeJ's post: Aurora, COLLISON ANGRY, IndySooner

Re: Super Bowl Commercials

Dodge knew if you put god in your commercial people would fall for it. And it worked!

SoonerBounce Guest

Super Bowl Commercials

It was disgusting a d went over the top imo

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    It was disgusting a d went over the top imo
    nothing more wonderful than some kissing and love, war is everywhere why do we have to hide the beautiful things.

SoonerBounce Guest

Super Bowl Commercials

nothing more wonderful than some kissing and love, war is everywhere why do we have to hide the beautiful things.
    So where do u stop? Why not go full nude?

Leon Sandcastle

4 users like smot poker's post: COLLISON ANGRY, fdubzou, SoonerBeerSnob, Troker

No love for the Jeep commercial?
    Really liked the Taco Bell spot.
    CK finally realized that gay guys and women watch the superbowl as well and have started marketing to them.
    The 2nd go daddy ad was pretty funny with the spliced conversations. "Sky waitress!"
    Samsung just subtly made fun of all the other commercials. (crowd sourcing =doritos/Lincoln/Speedstick, people love babies = etrade baby, sending people to space = axe etc.)
    That 15 min Pepsi ad was good too. Beyonce is hot.

Bonus regional ad

it wasn't about "kissing and love"....it was about kissing and humor.......making fun of people that don't look like models....
    i don't even remember what they were advertising

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    it wasn't about "kissing and love"....it was about kissing and humor.......making fun of people that don't look like models....
    either way I don't see why people get grossed out over kissing no matter what the people look like, it is a beautiful natural thing.

because TV says you can't, apparently being nude is offensive

Originally Posted by SoonerBeerSnob View Post
    No love for the Jeep commercial?
    Really liked the Taco Bell spot.
    CK finally realized that gay guys and women watch the superbowl as well and have started marketing to them.
    The 2nd go daddy ad was pretty funny with the spliced conversations. "Sky waitress!"
    Samsung just subtly made fun of all the other commercials. (crowd sourcing =doritos/Lincoln/Speedstick, people love babies = etrade baby, sending people to space = axe etc.)
    That 15 min Pepsi ad was good too. Beyonce is hot.

Bonus regional ad

I like the Jeep/USO ad, The Samsung ad cracked me up and the doritos commercial was funny.

Meh, went to far for a 'family program.'

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Meh, went to far for a 'family program.'
    your children have never seen anyone kiss before ... not like he reached up and got a hand full of titty or anything..

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    Hate to say it but I do agree with this. The "humor" comes from the fact that the kid is a stereotypical unattractive nerd, the enhanced the sloppy wet noises, and extreme closeups were all designed to make the viewer uncomfortable. It worked. People are talking about the ad and getting the name Godaddy.com out in the news yet again.
    2 users like SoonerBeerSnob's post: COLLISON ANGRY, oucub23

your children have never seen anyone kiss before ... not like he reached up and got a hand full of titty or anything..
    They don't need to see the shitty scantily clad halftime show

AD, come on, there was nothing beautiful about that kiss. Quit reaching.
    2 users like smot poker's post: brokebacksooner, oucub23

I give the commercials this year an overall rating of 2/10.

Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    AD, come on, there was nothing beautiful about that kiss. Quit reaching.
    I am just saying it doesn't bother me, I bet those bothered are the same ones bothered by PDA ...I am not... Maybe it wasn't beautiful but it certainly wasn't gross and completely wrong as I read on FB...

Soonerbeersnob you are right it was designed to make people uncomfortable and it did the job except for those of us who are comfortable

Barlowd is right the half time show was much less family friendly than that kiss

Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    Dodge knew if you put god in your commercial people would fall for it. And it worked!
    That was actually Paul Harvey. Not God.
    4 users like Bruno Gianelli's post: brokebacksooner, MikeLucky, SoonerBeerSnob, ThievingMagpie

I am just saying it doesn't bother me, I bet those bothered are the same ones bothered by PDA ...I am not... Maybe it wasn't beautiful but it certainly wasn't gross and completely wrong as I read on FB...

Soonerbeersnob you are right it was designed to make people uncomfortable and it did the job except for those of us who are comfortable

Barlowd is right the half time show was much less family friendly than that kiss
    I'm not bothered by PDA--but I would be bothered if I was sitting next to someone and I had to listen to that.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    I'm not bothered by PDA--but I would be bothered if I was sitting next to someone and I had to listen to that.
    I guess I did not here it, Of course I had a million things around me going on and my kiddo was skateboarding in hall half the night so I suppose everyone was grossed out by the sound

Calvin klein guy was a butter face

The Dark Side
    He had a face? lol
    The following users like this post: Aurora

The Dodge one creeped me out; probably because I started thinking of moronic wheat farmers in Ok. J/k, I loved it although I've heard that Paul Harvey bit before.
    Jeep was awesome
    Budweiser with the clysdesdale made me tear up
    Samsung and Best Buy were funny

Taco Bell one was meh - maybe because of all the old farts I see down here every day
    Go Daddy was gross
    Doritos was lame. Way overplayed. Maybe because everyone knew that their commercials would have guys being emasculated.
    The following users like this post: Aurora

James Guest
    you probably would have to go to godaddy.com to see the rest of THAT commerical

Why Not? They go full nude in much of Europe and look at the difference in overall societal violence.

Super Bowl Commercials

Bouncy is skeered of nakedity.

I liked the pudding commercial at the end

San Francisco fans who don't like pudding may like something else the Jell-O company is offering: an app for Google Chrome that will block out any and all mentions of Baltimore, meaning you won't have to read on and on about the Ravens' 34-31 Super Bowl win.

According to Jell-O, the Google Chrome app, once installed, will "replace all words and images related to Baltimore with things you'd much rather see. Like puppies."
    The following users like this post: COLLISON ANGRY

http://youtu.be/YoOfBVraMNw

No love for the Miracle Stain?
    The following users like this post: oucub23

SoonerBounce Guest

Super Bowl Commercials

Originally Posted by COLLISON ANGRY View Post
    http://youtu.be/YoOfBVraMNw

No love for the Miracle Stain?
    Forgot about that one. It was good.