Saudi preacher gets light sentence for killing daughter

Posted 624 day(s) ago 2572 Views 110 Replies
Results 1 to 50 of 111
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
  1. #1

    Saudi preacher gets light sentence for killing daughter

    Riyadh: A Saudi preacher who ****d his five-year-old daughter and tortured her to death has been sentenced to pay “blood money” to the mother after having served a short jail term, activists said on Saturday.

    Lama Al Ghamdi was admitted to hospital on December 25, 2011 with multiple injuries, including a crushed skull, broken ribs and left arm, extensive bruising and burns, the activists said. She died last October 22.

    Fayhan Al Gamdi, an Islamic preacher and regular guest on Muslim television networks, confessed to having used cables and a cane to inflict the injuries, the activists from the group “Women to Drive” said in a statement.

    They said the father had doubted Lama’s virginity and had her checked up by a medic.

    Randa Al Kaleeb, a social worker from the hospital where Lama was admitted, said the girl’s back was broken and that she had been ****d “everywhere”, according to the group.

    According to the victim’s mother, hospital staff told her that her “child’s rectum had been torn open and the abuser had attempted to burn it closed.”

    The activists said that the judge had ruled the prosecution could only seek “blood money (compensation for the next of kin under Islamic law) and the time the defendant had served in prison since Lama’s death suffices as punishment.”

    Three Saudi activists, including Manal Al Sharif, have raised objections to the ruling.

    The ruling is based on Saudi laws that a father cannot be executed for murdering his children, nor can husbands be executed for murdering their wives.

    http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/saudi-...hter-1.1141045


    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012...hocks-an-iron/

  2. #2
    DRminimega67's Avatar
    Posts
    1,272
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Moore

    Wow

  3. #3
    I hate people. I wish to see people like this made an example out of. This guys should be tortured every day for over a month and kept alive by blood transfusions and it should be graphically shown on TV. Until people like this are made an example of, this shit will continue. There is no accountability for crimes like this over there. ****, I hate reading these stories and they are becoming all too often a common occurance.

    Make this ****er sit on a heated rod on the last day of his torture until he draws his last breath and make it public. I know this kind of punishment won't happen but until something is done these types of events will continue to happen.
    5 users like greensooner's post: BAMFSooner, brokebacksooner, Morningwood, SiggyPoke, Stinger_1066


  4. #4

    Saudi preacher gets light sentence for killing daughter

    Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    I hate people. I wish to see people like this made an example out of. This guys should be tortured every day for over a month and kept alive by blood transfusions and it should be graphically shown on TV. Until people like this are made an example of, this shit will continue. There is no accountability for crimes like this over there. ****, I hate reading these stories and they are becoming all too often a common occurance.

    Make this ****er sit on a heated rod on the last day of his torture until he draws his last breath and make it public. I know this kind of punishment won't happen but until something is done these types of events will continue to happen.
    Even then, until you change the culture nothing will change. You referenced this as a crime, but it's closer to a misdemeanor there. Females are not equal humans in that world.
    4 users like oucub23's post: Aurora, EufaulaSooner, Shooter, SiggyPoke


  5. #5
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    25,097
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Saudi preacher gets light sentence for killing daughter

    Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    I hate people. I wish to see people like this made an example out of. This guys should be tortured every day for over a month and kept alive by blood transfusions and it should be graphically shown on TV. Until people like this are made an example of, this shit will continue. There is no accountability for crimes like this over there. ****, I hate reading these stories and they are becoming all too often a common occurance.

    Make this ****er sit on a heated rod on the last day of his torture until he draws his last breath and make it public. I know this kind of punishment won't happen but until something is done these types of events will continue to happen.
    I was just gonna bold the I hate people part, but yeah, pretty much all of this.

    For what it's worth, we didn't have laws against child or spousal abuse until after the ASPCA came about because women & children were considered a man's "property". And yet we still have men who will **** a 6 month old baby with a beer bottle, break her pelvis, and puncture her uterus & colon. Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts...
    2 users like McRib's post: greensooner, SiggyPoke


  6. #6
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,546
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    This really shouldn't surprise you people.

  7. #7
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    5,166
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    holy shit...what a backwards ****ed up place the middle east is

  8. #8
    Unfortunately, we will never see changes over there like here. No one wants to stand up to the real issue/theology behind it.

    On my second tour to Saudi in the mid 90's we had just arrived at the Gold Shops. The local police were cleaning up after an incident between a Saudi National Guard Colonel and a Mutawa (Islamic Religious Police). From what we were told, the Mutawa had confronted the Col because his wife's face was not covered. The Col told him to "piss off" the Mutawa then ripped the veil and head covering off the Col's wife and proceeded to call her whatever he could think of. The Mutawa didn't get to say much because the Col pulled his 9mm and emptied the clip in the Mutawa right on there on the street. The Police Officers with the Mutawa then apologized to the Col and called for clean up.

    The difference between there and here is the founding theologies/philosophies of our regions are vastly different.
    The following users like this post: Aurora


  9. #9
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    31,463
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side

    **** this guy and his woman hating culture, I hope he gets serious slow painful disease and it plagues him into a slow agonizing death.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Even then, until you change the culture nothing will change. You referenced this as a crime, but it's closer to a misdemeanor there. Females are not equal humans in that world.
    You're right, and it's terrible. I would hate to live in that part of a world and have a daughter trying to grow up in that culture. I want to see people who torture others in this manner receive their fair share of punishment. Everything they did come back to them for all the world to see. I don't know how the culture could be changed there but these people are using their religion as a shield and pronouncing to the world what they are doing is ok and it's not. This guy is a piece of shit and I hope he dies a horrendously slow and painful death.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    You're right, and it's terrible. I would hate to live in that part of a world and have a daughter trying to grow up in that culture. I want to see people who torture others in this manner receive their fair share of punishment. Everything they did come back to them for all the world to see. I don't know how the culture could be changed there but these people are using their religion as a shield and pronouncing to the world what they are doing is ok and it's not. This guy is a piece of shit and I hope he dies a horrendously slow and painful death.
    Part of it is we're afraid to address it here. This isn't the exception--it's the rule. I always come back to the Time cover w/the girl w/her nose cut off b/c she wouldn't marry who she was supposed to. We've had 'honor killings' in this country. Yet when we talk about Islam or Sharia, if we say anything other than it's a religion of peace and these things are the exception rather than the rule, we're called bigots and worse.
    2 users like oucub23's post: greensooner, Shooter


  12. #12
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    21,104
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    If this had happened in North Korea or Iran then our Sec of State would be lodging diplomatic protests and threatening sanctions.

    But, since this one is on our "good friends" the Saudis then I don't think we'll hear a peep.
    3 users like Stinger_1066's post: Aurora, brokebacksooner, smot poker


  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    If this had happened in North Korea or Iran then our Sec of State would be lodging diplomatic protests and threatening sanctions.

    But, since this one is on our "good friends" the Saudis then I don't think we'll hear a peep.
    not really much we can do about it....

  14. #14

    Re: Saudi preacher gets light sentence for killing daughter

    Why is this in OConnells but my thread about the kidnapped child got moved?

  15. #15
    Shooter's Avatar
    Posts
    7,485
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Closer to the action than you are.

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    not really much we can do about it....
    It would be nice if stopped throwing huge piles of our wealth at them and, instead took strides to become energy independent by drilling in ANWR and offshore. It would also be nice if our leaders and media shed more light on these crimes against humanity, instead of telling us to be tolerant of these barbarians.

  16. #16

    Re: Saudi preacher gets light sentence for killing daughter

    This belongs in the Dome

  17. #17
    Shooter's Avatar
    Posts
    7,485
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Closer to the action than you are.

    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    Why is this in OConnells but my thread about the kidnapped child got moved?
    There is nothing overtly political or ideological in the OP. Your post was an obvious attempt to start a political/ideological argument.

  18. #18
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    13,000
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Whiskeytown

    Gun...mouth...pull

  19. #19

    Re: Saudi preacher gets light sentence for killing daughter

    Originally Posted by Shooterms View Post
    There is nothing overtly political or ideological in the OP. Your post was an obvious attempt to start a political/ideological argument.
    I was informing and curious why no one was talking about it.

    This is another thread about LOOK AT THOSE DUMB ****ING NON WHITES.

    It even has the requisite link to THE BLAZE, a haven for conservative infotainment.

    It is bullshit that conservatives are allowed to spew their shit everywhere and if I dare start a thread about a kidnapped white child, it gets killed.

    And spare me the non political shit. You just posted a paragraph about politics.

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by Shooterms View Post
    It would be nice if stopped throwing huge piles of our wealth at them and, instead took strides to become energy independent by drilling in ANWR and offshore. It would also be nice if our leaders and media shed more light on these crimes against humanity, instead of telling us to be tolerant of these barbarians.

    like i said....not really much we can do about it....

  21. #21
    Shooter's Avatar
    Posts
    7,485
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Closer to the action than you are.

    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    I was informing and curious why no one was talking about it.

    This is another thread about LOOK AT THOSE DUMB ****ING NON WHITES.

    It even has the requisite link to THE BLAZE, a haven for conservative infotainment.

    It is bullshit that conservatives are allowed to spew their shit everywhere and if I dare start a thread about a kidnapped white child, it gets killed.

    And spare me the non political shit. You just posted a paragraph about politics.
    Here is the content of your OP. You are either being argumentative or idiotic if you really think you were just posting an innocent interrogative sentence.

    White, ex-Navy, prepper, distrust of the government...

    This man is your hero, he actually acted on the sabre rattling we have been seeing permeate the South.
    Sometimes threads become Thunderdome-worthy as they evolve. This one may well do so. Other times, they are intentionally meant to be argumentative. Yours was and it is silly to pretend otherwise.

  22. #22

    Re: Saudi preacher gets light sentence for killing daughter

    Are you saying that a thread sourced from the blaze is meant to be more than a point and laugh at what non white people are up to?

    Come on dude. Even your post about leadership starts shifting this to the dome. Ban it all or allow us dome posters to post shit here. This thread is nothing but more race baiting. Just like the "hood" thread.

    You're just fine with it because it fits your world view of what Saudis and Black people are.

  23. #23
    Shooter's Avatar
    Posts
    7,485
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Closer to the action than you are.

    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    Are you saying that a thread sourced from the blaze is meant to be more than a point and laugh at what non white people are up to?

    Come on dude. Even your post about leadership starts shifting this to the dome. Ban it all or allow us dome posters to post shit here. This thread is nothing but more race baiting. Just like the "hood" thread.

    You're just fine with it because it fits your world view of what Saudis and Black people are.
    I don't know what the OP's intent was. It was obvious what your intent was.

    Oh, and **** you. You need to read more of my posts on race if you want to stand by that last statement.

  24. #24
    DIB's Avatar
    Posts
    4,580
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tulsa

    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    Are you saying that a thread sourced from the blaze is meant to be more than a point and laugh at what non white people are up to?

    Come on dude. Even your post about leadership starts shifting this to the dome. Ban it all or allow us dome posters to post shit here. This thread is nothing but more race baiting. Just like the "hood" thread.

    You're just fine with it because it fits your world view of what Saudis and Black people are.
    Why do you want 5 year old girls to get ****d?
    2 users like DIB's post: smot poker, Steve O'Seinus


  25. #25
    smot poker's Avatar
    Posts
    4,071
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    OOO, do you ever lighten or are you really the miserable soul you portray on here?

  26. #26

    Re: Saudi preacher gets light sentence for killing daughter

    Don't be willfully dense. His intent, just like the intent of the black woman being tazed thread, was to get all the white folks on here to laugh at what the brown folks are doing.

    The Dome is titled as a place for current events. This is a current event and just another dog whistle in the sea of shit.

    Here, mods are circle jerking over the OP too.

  27. #27
    DIB's Avatar
    Posts
    4,580
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tulsa

    Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    OOO, do you ever lighten or are you really the miserable soul you portray on here?
    I think child **** lightens him up, but only if it is by brown people.

  28. #28
    DIB's Avatar
    Posts
    4,580
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tulsa

    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    Don't be willfully dense. His intent, just like the intent of the black woman being tazed thread, was to get all the white folks on here to laugh at what the brown folks are doing.

    The Dome is titled as a place for current events. This is a current event and just another dog whistle in the sea of shit.

    Here, mods are circle jerking over the OP too.
    So, discussing a man that ****d and tortured his 5 year old daughter and only received a light sentence is only race baiting?
    3 users like DIB's post: oucub23, Shooter, The Baconator®


  29. #29
    Shooter's Avatar
    Posts
    7,485
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Closer to the action than you are.

    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    Don't be willfully dense. His intent, just like the intent of the black woman being tazed thread, was to get all the white folks on here to laugh at what the brown folks are doing.

    The Dome is titled as a place for current events. This is a current event and just another dog whistle in the sea of shit.

    Here, mods are circle jerking over the OP too.
    I realize you believe you are omniscient and can tell the motives from someone's post even when they don't state an opinion. As it turns out, you aren't and neither are we. Therefore, we just try to follow the rules without pretending we can surmise everyone's intent.

  30. #30

    Re: Saudi preacher gets light sentence for killing daughter

    Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    OOO, do you ever lighten or are you really the miserable soul you portray on here?
    I am always light. I just get tired of the thinly masked racism people post here.

    Seriously, can you tell me the point of this thread? One poster said lack of leadership(obama) and barbarianism(dirty Muslims).

    This forum should be above racial mudslinging and not devolve into a conservative circle jerk. We already have a forum for that.

  31. #31
    DIB's Avatar
    Posts
    4,580
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tulsa

    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    I am always light. I just get tired of the thinly masked racism people post here.

    Seriously, can you tell me the point of this thread? One poster said lack of leadership(obama) and barbarianism(dirty Muslims).

    This forum should be above racial mudslinging and not devolve into a conservative circle jerk. We already have a forum for that.
    Why don't you believe that Muslim children should be protected from horrific crimes perpetrated by their own fathers?

    Would you react this way, if the kid is white?

  32. #32
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,546
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    If this had happened in North Korea or Iran then our Sec of State would be lodging diplomatic protests and threatening sanctions.

    But, since this one is on our "good friends" the Saudis then I don't think we'll hear a peep.
    Again, why does this surprise you?

  33. #33
    smot poker's Avatar
    Posts
    4,071
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    I am always light. I just get tired of the thinly masked racism people post here.

    Seriously, can you tell me the point of this thread? One poster said lack of leadership(obama) and barbarianism(dirty Muslims).

    This forum should be above racial mudslinging and not devolve into a conservative circle jerk. We already have a forum for that.
    We do agree, this belongs in TD, OC is for low brow comedy and 2nd grade insults.

    I quit trying to save the world when I got old enough to realize I'm a dumb ass.
    The following users like this post: OnlyOneOklahoma


  34. #34

    Re: Saudi preacher gets light sentence for killing daughter

    Originally Posted by DIB View Post
    Why don't you believe that Muslim children should be protected from horrific crimes perpetrated by their own fathers?

    Would you react this way, if the kid is white?
    They should be. But sitting around calling them barbarians doesn't do any ****ing good either.

    Same thing goes for the black woman getting tased video, what value did that bring?

  35. #35
    Shooter's Avatar
    Posts
    7,485
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Closer to the action than you are.

    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    I am always light. I just get tired of the thinly masked racism people post here.

    Seriously, can you tell me the point of this thread? One poster said lack of leadership(obama) and barbarianism(dirty Muslims).

    This forum should be above racial mudslinging and not devolve into a conservative circle jerk. We already have a forum for that.
    You made the leap to "Obama" and "dirty Muslims". I was talking about leadership in general, Obama is included in it, but so are a lot of people on the other side of the aisle. As well, I'm talking about sharia, not dirty Muslims. If you don't believe that honor killings, murdering and raping your 5 year old daughter, etc. are barbaric, then I guess I can see where you made your error.

  36. #36
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,546
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    I am always light. I just get tired of the thinly masked racism people post here.

    Seriously, can you tell me the point of this thread? One poster said lack of leadership(obama) and barbarianism(dirty Muslims).

    This forum should be above racial mudslinging and not devolve into a conservative circle jerk. We already have a forum for that.
    Where's this "racial mudslinging"?

  37. #37

    Re: Saudi preacher gets light sentence for killing daughter

    You'll never be able to take "crazy" out of religion.

  38. #38
    Shooter's Avatar
    Posts
    7,485
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Closer to the action than you are.

    Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    Where's this "racial mudslinging"?
    Anywhere OOO deems it to be.
    The following users like this post: bushmaster06


  39. #39

    Re: Saudi preacher gets light sentence for killing daughter

    Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    You'll never be able to take "crazy" out of religion.
    Here here.
    The following users like this post: Sooner 4 Life


  40. #40
    DIB's Avatar
    Posts
    4,580
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tulsa

    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    They should be. But sitting around calling them barbarians doesn't do any ****ing good either.

    Same thing goes for the black woman getting tased video, what value did that bring?
    I am not discussing the black woman getting tased video. That was most likely race baiting.
    This is a thread highlighting a barbaric practice that has no place in this world and a person of authority that essentially sanctioned that practice. You are trying too hard to lump two disparate threads into the same category.

  41. #41
    Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    You'll never be able to take "crazy" out of religion.
    You'll never be able to take 'crazy' out of people.

  42. #42
    Originally Posted by DIB View Post
    I am not discussing the black woman getting tased video. That was most likely race baiting.
    This is a thread highlighting a barbaric practice that has no place in this world and a person of authority that essentially sanctioned that practice. You are trying too hard to lump two disparate threads into the same category.
    He got knotted up about the title of the tasing video. Turns out, the title of the thread was the title of the youtube video.

  43. #43
    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    Here here.
    Bigotry is bigotry, whether you believe people deserve it or not.

  44. #44
    Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    You'll never be able to take "crazy" out of religion.
    it's always nice to have fresh atheist meat around here...

  45. #45

    Re: Saudi preacher gets light sentence for killing daughter

    Originally Posted by DIB View Post
    I am not discussing the black woman getting tased video. That was most likely race baiting.
    This is a thread highlighting a barbaric practice that has no place in this world and a person of authority that essentially sanctioned that practice. You are trying too hard to lump two disparate threads into the same category.
    You're probably correct in my trying hard to lump it together.

    I am still annoyed the mods let that slide(and posted in it) and every time I see the blaze cited I see ****ing red.

    Obviously I don't condone killing children. Didn't think I had to clarify that. But I don't think that 1 billion Muslims think honor killings are cool either.

  46. #46

    Saudi preacher gets light sentence for killing daughter

    I see OOO has come along and ****ed up another thread with his bullshit.

    I posted a link to the blaze because it had pictures of the girl and more information on the story. It had nothing to do with politics but you decided to come along and try to make it so with your typical left wing "its racist" ****ery.

    You seem to manage to try and **** up every thread you post in recently because you can't see past you own ideology. Not everything is ****ing political, or racist, and a 5 year old girl being tortured and ****d and killed by her father who ends with a slap on the wrists for it, regardless of where the **** he comes from and no matter the source who reports it, is not ****ing political. It's ****ing horrible.

  47. #47
    Shooter's Avatar
    Posts
    7,485
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Closer to the action than you are.

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    He got knotted up about the title of the tasing video. Turns out, the title of the video was the title of the youtube video.
    He also saw no outrage in mods not moving the "preacher not tipping" thread to Thunderdome, since it was just a Christian being discussed. He must have been really conflicted when the preacher's race was revealed.

  48. #48
    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    You're probably correct in my trying hard to lump it together.

    I am still annoyed the mods let that slide(and posted in it) and every time I see the blaze cited I see ****ing red.

    Obviously I don't condone killing children. Didn't think I had to clarify that. But I don't think that 1 billion Muslims think honor killings are cool either.
    Interesting that you see red when you see a blaze links, but you have said you never click on said links. Why the outrage about something you don't frequent?

  49. #49

    Re: Saudi preacher gets light sentence for killing daughter

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    He got knotted up about the title of the tasing video. Turns out, the title of the thread was the title of the youtube video.
    Turns out it was race baiting. Why is it OK since that was the title? Is it because the blaze thought a black woman getting tased was newsworthy?

  50. #50
    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    You're probably correct in my trying hard to lump it together.

    I am still annoyed the mods let that slide(and posted in it) and every time I see the blaze cited I see ****ing red.

    Obviously I don't condone killing children. Didn't think I had to clarify that. But I don't think that 1 billion Muslims think honor killings are cool either.
    Holy shit you are a whiny ****ing ****...
    The following users like this post: bushmaster06


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 147
    Last Post: September 15th, 2014, 08:43 AM
  2. Seems Like the Saudi's are Insecure
    By Aurora in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: April 26th, 2013, 08:28 PM
  3. Preacher gives interesting gay rights speech
    By XxSuBLiMexX in forum ThunderDome
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: October 23rd, 2012, 08:53 AM
  4. Replies: 48
    Last Post: September 14th, 2012, 11:03 AM