Nebraska: The big loser in conference realignment (Recruiting)

Posted 684 day(s) ago 2260 Views 12 Replies
    BadCompanyOU Guest

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...gning-day-2013

"Nebraska - Arguably the most interesting case of the seven. The Huskers' recruiting has taken a step back since joining the Big Ten, despite the fact that their results on the field have been fairly good. Their Big Ten classes have had, on average, two fewer VHTs and and marginally lower rank than their last five classes in the Big XII. Texas and Kansas, two Big XII states, were first and second on the lists of states from which Nebraska pulled VHTs in their last five years in the Big XII.

In the two classes since joining the Big Ten, those two states have dried up as sources for Nebraska, without being replaced by any Big Ten states:"

Charts at the link shows it

Yet the Huskers got a couple of recruits OU was after, linemen.

Originally Posted by BadCompanyOU View Post
    http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...gning-day-2013

"Nebraska - Arguably the most interesting case of the seven. The Huskers' recruiting has taken a step back since joining the Big Ten, despite the fact that their results on the field have been fairly good. Their Big Ten classes have had, on average, two fewer VHTs and and marginally lower rank than their last five classes in the Big XII. Texas and Kansas, two Big XII states, were first and second on the lists of states from which Nebraska pulled VHTs in their last five years in the Big XII.

In the two classes since joining the Big Ten, those two states have dried up as sources for Nebraska, without being replaced by any Big Ten states:"

Charts at the link shows it
    I hadn't considered the dampening of their recruiting in KS. Interesting stuff.

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Yet the Huskers got a couple of recruits OU was after, linemen.
    Only got one we offered on the OL. Finnin, who wasn't coming here after Josiah St. John verbaled.Dwanye Johnson is headed to Arkansas We offered the RB from Katy way late. so its 2

Whats real interesting is Nebraska still hasn't found its niche. Its not having great success in establishing a pipeline any where

If it's getting bad two years in, just imagine what they'll look like when our OOC series rolls around in 2021/2022. They may get the same enthusiastic welcome that Utah State gets.

Scout has Nebraska with a Top 10 class right now. Rivals has them at #14. I don't remember NU doing a lot better than that as a Big 12 team.

I wish they wouldn't have left. Their big problem was Texas overshadowing them and Osborne couldn't work with DeLoss. Until Nebraska can start finishing better than 9-4, they'll just be overshadowed by Michigan and Ohio State.

Originally Posted by Camel at Sea View Post
    Scout has Nebraska with a Top 10 class right now. Rivals has them at #14. I don't remember NU doing a lot better than that as a Big 12 team.
    Yeah, I haven't noticed that much of a drop off in their recruiting.

Dear Author,

They weren't exactly tearing up the Big XII either even when they were tied into that recruiting goldmine known as Kansas. They were a perennial four-loss team at best then and they remain a perennial four-loss team at best now. Maybe, just maybe, Nebraska is an above average program that draws the same above average recruits that produce the same above average results no matter which conference they're in or which states the recruits come from.

Sincerely,

Football

Originally Posted by Ibi unus Oklahomae View Post
    Dear Author,

They weren't exactly tearing up the Big XII either even when they were tied into that recruiting goldmine known as Kansas. They were a perennial four-loss team at best then and they remain a perennial four-loss team at best now. Maybe, just maybe, Nebraska is an above average program that draws the same above average recruits that produce the same above average results no matter which conference they're in or which states the recruits come from.

Sincerely,

Football
    Dear Football,

Huh?

Author

Nebbish seems to be doing as well or better than OU in recruiting, so... What does that say about us? I know recruit rankings are subjective but by all current measures, they're doing no worse than us and they're doing no worse than when they were in the big12. So what was the point of the story again?

Maybe the Baylor douchebag wrote the article to scare OU fans away from the highly profitable and very powerful Notorious B1G.

Hmmmmm

Originally Posted by Camel at Sea View Post
    Let's not let facts interfere with a good hypothesis.

Seriously, Nebraska's recruiting looks fine to me. Plus, they're in a better academic conference with more stability.