State of the State

Posted 624 day(s) ago 1649 Views 39 Replies

State of the State

I know you radical lemmings don't care too much about state politics because you don't have Rush to listen to to form your opinion but the Governor stated today she wanted to lower taxes and increase spending... How does that work?

Originally Posted by soonerdm View Post
    I know you radical lemmings don't care too much about state politics because you don't have Rush to listen to to form your opinion but the Governor stated today she wanted to lower taxes and increase spending... How does that work?
    Ask Obama...he did it for the last 4 years.

Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Not very successfully it appears... You have no answer.

Farm subsidies?

State of the State

Se said increase Ed funding didn't she? Not across the board spending? The other solution is tax cuts spurring growth. OKC is growing at a rapid rate--more people paying taxes at a lower rate can easily result in higher revenues.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Se said increase Ed funding didn't she? Not across the board spending? The other solution is tax cuts spurring growth. OKC is growing at a rapid rate--more people paying taxes at a lower rate can easily result in higher revenues.
    Thats it? Expand education?

She said she is seeking an additional $40 million to pick up Medicaid costs
    also is seeking an additional $16 million for state mental health services
    She also is seeking $40 million of new money to pay for recommended changes in a five-year plan to improve child welfare operations
    Fallin is seeking $10 million for the nearly 100-year-old Capitol: $8 million to repair the crumbling limestone exterior and $2 million for a study to develop a plan to repair and renovate the building.
    Lets hope a quarter of a percent is enough to spur this much additional income.

Fallin said she also is asking for a $13.5 million increase to public schools to pay for recently enacted changes.

She also is seeking an $8.5 million supplemental funding request for this fiscal year to pay for teachers' health benefits.
    Oh hell just read it for yourself...
    http://newsok.com/oklahoma-gov.-mary...rticle/3751870

Not sure how you can form an opinion tonight since the right wing nuts aren't on the radio tonight to tell you want to say

State of the State

Oh hell just read it for yourself...
    http://newsok.com/oklahoma-gov.-mary...rticle/3751870

Not sure how you can form an opinion tonight since the right wing nuts aren't on the radio tonight to tell you want to say
    You have me confused with someone else.

You have me confused with someone else.
    You as in the royal you. As in all you radicals

LOL dm, raging against the machine and swallowing the loads of every statist he can find. You look so punk rock down your knees like that, worshiping government like a good little serf.

Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    LOL dm, raging against the machine and swallowing the loads of every statist he can find. You look so punk rock down your knees like that, worshiping government like a good little serf.
    Good job. Wanna go see DRI in 2 weeks.

Still can't answer the question so you resort to mocking me. Good job fascist
    The following users like this post: OnlyOneOklahoma

Not very successfully it appears... You have no answer.
    Evidently you don't either. Let's go with grow the economy....maybe green energy...OKs unemployment is about 5%...how's der fuhrers?

I don't know how you cut taxes and ask for more funding when you're the party of smaller government. If I knew the answer I wouldn't have started a thread. You're a god damned genius. Whats is dear Fuhrers?

I don't know how you cut taxes and ask for more funding when you're the party of smaller government. If I knew the answer I wouldn't have started a thread. You're a god damned genius. Whats is dear Fuhrers?
    Hell...obamas not your man with the plan? Der fuhrer would be a reference to Obama in his dictatorial state. I haven't seen fallins state of the the state as I was busy drinking and watching the thunder game. didn't have any weed so it was a bit disappointing.

Theoretically if you grow the economy sufficiently enough your tax revenues will increase above the tax cuts that have been reduced. Obama tried it....didn't work for the country but maybe OKs economy will be more vibrant. So far it has been.

Re: State of the State

Apparently your first post was correct. Without the national echo chamber to form their opinions, they must quickly shift discussion to the national echo chamber's topic of Obama

Basically Falin thinks sunshine and farts will make up for the lack in revenue. I am skeptical, but I could be wrong.

Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    Apparently your first post was correct. Without the national echo chamber to form their opinions, they must quickly shift discussion to the national echo chamber's topic of Obama

Basically Falin thinks sunshine and farts will make up for the lack in revenue. I am skeptical, but I could be wrong.
    Apparently there is no legitimate defense for obamas plan as when a pub does it she is declared stupid. Obama apologists seem very content with sunshine and farts....

Hell...obamas not your man with the plan? Der fuhrer would be a reference to Obama in his dictatorial state. I haven't seen fallins state of the the state as I was busy drinking and watching the thunder game. didn't have any weed so it was a bit disappointing.

Theoretically if you grow the economy sufficiently enough your tax revenues will increase above the tax cuts that have been reduced. Obama tried it....didn't work for the country but maybe OKs economy will be more vibrant. So far it has been.
    We should go to 1% tax to stimulate all the spending Der State Fuhrers wants to spend from the party pf smaller government.

Apparently there is no legitimate defense for obamas plan as when a pub does it she is declared stupid. Obama apologists seem very content with sunshine and farts....
    There are literally thousands of threads decrying Obama policies and yet you gotta go off topic when we are talking about state spending.

trolling you radical lemmings is far too easy. I'll get back to the fart and boner jokes on OC because that's far more intellectually stimulating than this lemming shit.

You have the **** of the most anti-liberty and most pro government,pro bureaucracy, pro regulation, pro tax President ever lodged firmly in your throat and you are calling other people fascist?

You have the **** of the most anti-liberty and most pro government,pro bureaucracy, pro regulation, pro tax President ever lodged firmly in your throat and you are calling other people fascist?
    Well its good you can read. But I don't believe anywhere I've defended our current president. I just make fun of you **** gobbling anti book learning, gun ****in, anti-good time cum guzzlers.

In for D.R.I. or what?

Details...I need details...

Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    Details...I need details...
    D.R.I. (or Dirty Rotten Imbeciles) is a hardcore/metal band from the United States that formed in Houston, in 1982. The band currently comprises founding members, vocalist Kurt Brecht and guitarist Spike Cassidy, as well as drummer Rob Rampy and bassist Harald Oimoen.
    D.R.I. never gained a mainstream audience, but the integration of their hardcore punk roots with thrash metal influences was a stylistic catalyst for their contemporaries —most notably Suicidal Tendencies, Corrosion of Conformity, and Stormtroopers of Death— alongside whom they are considered pioneers of what would later be called "crossover thrash."
    D.R.I. have released seven original studio albums, the last of which was released in 1995. Since then, the band has continued touring and intermittently going on hiatus. In 2004, D.R.I. released a web-only demo track "Against Me", their first recording in a decade. For years, there has been talk of an eighth D.R.I. album, which has yet to materialize.

Wanna go pphil?

Hell, I am always up for damn near anything...

We should go to 1% tax to stimulate all the spending Der State Fuhrers wants to spend from the party pf smaller government.

There are literally thousands of threads decrying Obama policies and yet you gotta go off topic when we are talking about state spending.

trolling you radical lemmings is far too easy. I'll get back to the fart and boner jokes on OC because that's far more intellectually stimulating than this lemming shit.
    Good troll then...you've got it mastered. Obamabots only think lowering taxes and raising spending is good if Obama does it...they can't connect the dots if it falls outside of Hussein's domain. All I've said is Fallin's plan sounds similar in theory to Obama's and it has been too difficult intellectually for you to make the connection.

But don't leave...fart and boner jokes are your best contribution.

Fallin is seeking $10 million for the nearly 100-year-old Capitol: $8 million to repair the crumbling limestone exterior and $2 million for a study to develop a plan to repair and renovate the building. Yellow barricades and scaffolding to protect passers-by were erected 18 months ago on the south side of the Capitol.
    Ummmmm, does it REALLY cost that much to make a PLAN?

Im up for DRI.

Wait, DRI is playing somewhere??

Last time I saw them was in Tulsa a looong time ago at Hercules Engine Company...There was like 8 people there, and I got to sing "Beneath the Wheel" on stage with them...

Originally Posted by soonersmc View Post
    Wait, DRI is playing somewhere??

Last time I saw them was in Tulsa a looong time ago at Hercules Engine Company...There was like 8 people there, and I got to sing "Beneath the Wheel" on stage with them...
    Yep the 19th. Hit me up if you're in.

Originally Posted by beelzeBob View Post
    Im up for DRI.
    Sorry man, you have to be down for DRI...
    The following users like this post: soonerdm

Well its good you can read. But I don't believe anywhere I've defended our current president. I just make fun of you **** gobbling anti book learning, gun ****in, anti-good time cum guzzlers.

In for D.R.I. or what?

Oh, so you voted Libertarian in November then? Or at least for Romney right?

And no, D.R.I sucks.

Oh, so you voted Libertarian in November then? Or at least for Romney right?

And no, D.R.I sucks.
    Well they're defiantly no 98 degress that takes up space on your ipod.

He didn't lower taxes did he?

He didn't lower taxes did he?
    Well he did lower them on the payroll tax and he kept the Bush tax cuts that would have expired.

Answering the OQ, I don't know. I need to see her math. It could easily just be a political posturing State of the State. It wouldn't surprise me a bit. I do know though that at the pace of OKC's growth, we can still see increased revenues with lower taxes, but w/o her numbers I don't know where or if her math is funky. I do know that unless we increase the population though (as we are) there it will be tough to cut taxes and increase revenue--we're operating at close to 100% employment already. The possibility of population growth and more high paying jobs coming to OKC could offset some of this--that's probably why the workers' comp stuff will be top of the list.

Well he did lower them on the payroll tax and he kept the Bush tax cuts that would have expired.
    Keeping them in place isn't lowering them to me.

Well they're defiantly no 98 degress that takes up space on your ipod.
    So you voted fascist then?

Keeping them in place isn't lowering them to me.
    It is to me particularly since the Bush tax cuts were assailed by the left as being irresponsible and a big reason for our debt to increase. It required action by Obama to keep the Bush cuts from returning to the Clinton tax rates or God forbid...the fiscal cliff. But, if it makes you more comfortable, just go with the payroll tax cut.

Answering the OQ, I don't know. I need to see her math. It could easily just be a political posturing State of the State. It wouldn't surprise me a bit. I do know though that at the pace of OKC's growth, we can still see increased revenues with lower taxes, but w/o her numbers I don't know where or if her math is funky. I do know that unless we increase the population though (as we are) there it will be tough to cut taxes and increase revenue--we're operating at close to 100% employment already. The possibility of population growth and more high paying jobs coming to OKC could offset some of this--that's probably why the workers' comp stuff will be top of the list.
    Strange how OKC keeps growing with such a large tax burden, eh?

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    It doesn't have a large tax burden compared to some places. It does compared to other places.

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Looks like paradise to Californians.

Looks like paradise to Californians.
    Well, that depends upon many factors.