OU Spring game during the Masters

Posted 542 day(s) ago 3523 Views 57 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2
    vCash

Butthurt OU Spring game during the Masters

So I just got an email from OU telling me about tickets to the Spring game. Which is April 13th at 2PM. Saturday afternoon during the time the leaders will be playing Amen Corner. Sucks when your wife and your girlfriend both want to hang out at the same time.

Happens often. DVR it these days. Some of my favorite spring games were watching golf in the morning, football in the early afternoon, and golf after that.

vCash

I love the Masters too. But it's ALL about SUNDAY. You can sacrifice the third round for OU.

That's an easy choice. Best golf tournament vs a football practice. The Masters is a no doubter from Wednesday's Par 3 through Sunday afternoon.

vCash

Originally Posted by aaron7 View Post
    That's an easy choice. Best golf tournament vs a football practice. The Masters is a no doubter from Wednesday's Par 3 through Sunday afternoon.
    What about a football practice vs. watching paint dry?
    4 users like Yuck Fu's post: Big Red One, HeroOfTheDay, jumperstop, SoonerBeerSnob

Football practice by a nose
    2 users like aaron7's post: meandmybutt, Yuck Fu

vCash

Hopefully the defense shows up.

vCash

I want to coach someday and even I know Spring games are a waste of time to watch.

Its a four day tournament. I'll skip a few hours for the spring game.

vCash
    Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Originally Posted by oudavid1 View Post
    I want to coach someday and even I know Spring games are a waste of time to watch.
    Wow... I hope you have a backup plan to that whole "coaching" thing... because if you think there's nothing to see at our spring game this year, then you will be one shitty football coach.
    5 users like MikeLucky's post: AcousticSoup, DHF, meandmybutt, oorah_okie, OUCarlton

vCash

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    Wow... I hope you have a backup plan to that whole "coaching" thing... because if you think there's nothing to see at our spring game this year, then you will be one shitty football coach.
    I said to watch. Not to coach. I've worked spring games as a student assistant. But attending them as fans just seems weak.The leads aren't weak, YOU'RE WEAK!

**** golf watching
    6 users like 85sooners's post: amlah6, meandmybutt, oorah_okie, Sooner 4 Life, SoonerBeerSnob, tennsooner

Who gives a shit? It's golf...

I said to watch. Not to coach. I've worked spring games as a student assistant. But attending them as fans just seems weak.The leads aren't weak, YOU'RE WEAK!
    This year's spring game is worth taking a look at. A lot of question marks this year on both sides of the ball.
    The following users like this post: Yuck Fu

vCash

Originally Posted by Stein7495 View Post
    This year's spring game is worth taking a look at. A lot of question marks this year on both sides of the ball.
    I used to think just like this! But if I told you that Trevor Knight would start, but pretty much rotate evenly with Blake Bell, and both dudes would maybe throw 1 TD and about 130 yards would you really care?

I'm just saying that the expectations are never really met. It's so bloody boring. But getting into that stadium for 10$ and seeing the helmets is enough for some to get in the gate.

vCash

I used to think just like this! But if I told you that Trevor Knight would start, but pretty much rotate evenly with Blake Bell, and both dudes would maybe throw 1 TD and about 130 yards would you really care?

I'm just saying that the expectations are never really met. It's so bloody boring. But getting into that stadium for 10$ and seeing the helmets is enough for some to get in the gate.
    Again, if you feel this way... then coaching probably isn't your thing.
    The following users like this post: meandmybutt

vCash

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    Again, if you feel this way... then coaching probably isn't your thing.
    Well like I said earlier, I loved be an SA for one. I just hate to watch and have no control or be involved. I want to coach because something happened to me that I never thought would: I enjoy being on the sidelines in Edmond than being in the stands at Norman. I would never goto a UCO game as a fan though. Ever.

vCash

And none of them will be answered during the spring game.
    The following users like this post: oudavid1

vCash

Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    What about a football practice vs. watching paint dry?
    Admit it, Yuck Fu. You'll be there wearing your Blake Bell jersey and cargo shorts, and pushing little kids out of the way to get autographs.
    The following users like this post: Stein7495

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    And none of them will be answered during the spring game.
    True. But its the only thing we have to look at as an indication until September.

vCash

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Admit it, Yuck Fu. You'll be there wearing your Blake Bell jersey and cargo shorts, and pushing little kids out of the way to get autographs.
    Which reminds me. If any of you jersey-chasing weirdos wants to rent a kid so you can have an excuse to stand and line and get autographs, shoot me a PM, I might be able to help you out for a nominal fee.
    2 users like drumhead23us's post: OUCarlton, SoonerBeerSnob

vCash

Masters fo sho!

vCash

True. But its the only thing we have to look at as an indication until September.
    Which is exactly why you shouldnt fall for a tease. Dont watch a move preview 6 months in advance if you dont have to. It will only leave you disappointed and waiting.

vCash

Unless I want to nap, I just don't get watching golf for an entire weekend. Totally understand playing it. I'm a heathen, apparently.

vCash

Originally Posted by drumhead23us View Post
    Which reminds me. If any of you jersey-chasing weirdos wants to rent a kid so you can have an excuse to stand and line and get autographs, shoot me a PM, I might be able to help you out for a nominal fee.
    How much and do you provide the kid's jersey?

vCash

I watch the Spring game because I follow the team and like to see any improvement in current players on the roster and and get a glimpse of some the early enrollees. Plus, it's nice to watch our team do SOMETHING considering practices are closed to the public. If I didn't live out-of-state I would go in a heartbeat.

A lot of you **** about Bama out recruiting us and fielding better teams. If our fanbase could only take ONE THING from Bama fans, it's that they treat their Spring game like a big event. Meanwhile, OU fans barely show up. Maybe if we all followed that example it would give SOME boost in recruiting. 2014 recruits will most likely be there. It wouldn't hurt to show these guys what a gameday atmosphere looks like in Norman. Who ****ing cares what the game is like? Go show some support to the kids that have and will work their butts off all offseason. It's not like it's expensive to go. I'm broke and even I could shell out $5-$10 for an open seating event.

You all want to be like Bama? Copy this one trait they have and WATCH OR GO TO THE SPRING GAME!

Does this guarantee a national title? No. But maybe it at least gets the ball rolling.

If not, then sit at home while falling asleep on the coach while watching The Masters "Sponsored by Ambien"
    4 users like Onikuno's post: AcousticSoup, oorah_okie, OUCarlton, SoonerBeerSnob

vCash

Mods, pls merge into the First World Problems thread.
    4 users like oorah_okie's post: danbear45, golfer50, NortheastOK_Sooner, tcrb

vCash

Originally Posted by Onikuno View Post
    I watch the Spring game because I follow the team and like to see any improvement in current players on the roster and and get a glimpse of some the early enrollees. Plus, it's nice to watch our team do SOMETHING considering practices are closed to the public. If I didn't live out-of-state I would go in a heartbeat.

A lot of you **** about Bama out recruiting us and fielding better teams. If our fanbase could only take ONE THING from Bama fans, it's that they treat their Spring game like a big event. Meanwhile, OU fans barely show up. Maybe if we all followed that example it would give SOME boost in recruiting. 2014 recruits will most likely be there. It wouldn't hurt to show these guys what a gameday atmosphere looks like in Norman. Who ****ing cares what the game is like? Go show some support to the kids that have and will work their butts off all offseason. It's not like it's expensive to go. I'm broke and even I could shell out $5-$10 for an open seating event.

You all want to be like Bama? Copy this one trait they have and WATCH OR GO TO THE SPRING GAME!

Does this guarantee a national title? No. But maybe it at least gets the ball rolling.

If not, then sit at home while falling asleep on the coach while watching The Masters "Sponsored by Ambien"
    our coaches don't treat the spring game like a big event .. why should the fans

vCash

From a coaching standpoint, there's not much that you will get out of a spring game. The spring games are more for the fans to actually see a product on the field. The coaches have been at practice w/ these guys for a month and they know how good or how bad they are. A simple intrasquad scrimmage isn't going to change much on the minds of the coaches. I like to think of it as something for the fans to watch and the players to be able to go out in front of a crowd after a month of practicing. A sort of reward for the players. The coaches do coach and they watch what the players do, but it doesn't make much difference in the opinion of the players.

vCash

Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    our coaches don't treat the spring game like a big event .. why should the fans
    Thanks for proving my point.

vCash

I could have smoked a pound of weed and not lost as many brain cells as I have reading this thread.

WTF is the masters? Sounds like something old people do or an MMA tournament.
    The following users like this post: morrisja20

vCash

Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    How much and do you provide the kid's jersey?
    You're looking at $100/hour and a $25 per diem. All kids will have adorable tiny jersey and autograph-ready OU footballs.
    The following users like this post: Yuck Fu

Re: OU Spring game during the Masters

Originally Posted by aaron7 View Post
    OU football vs golf..OU football everytime.
    The following users like this post: OUCarlton

vCash

Originally Posted by Orange is ugly View Post
    So I just got an email from OU telling me about tickets to the Spring game. Which is April 13th at 2PM. Saturday afternoon during the time the leaders will be playing Amen Corner. Sucks when your wife and your girlfriend both want to hang out at the same time.
    You must be doing it wrong...

vCash

Gawddamn, that's a good damn weekend.
    2 users like McRib's post: AcousticSoup, MikeLucky

I don't watch golf. Golf makes me think of Craig Humphries. Craig Humphries pisses me off. Out.
    3 users like scorpion50's post: Master Pandemonium, oorah_okie, Yuck Fu

vCash

Originally Posted by tenaciOUs b View Post
    You must be doing it wrong...
    Analogies??? No, I think he has that skill covered.

Which is exactly why you shouldnt fall for a tease. Dont watch a move preview 6 months in advance if you dont have to. It will only leave you disappointed and waiting.
    I'm not expecting that much this next season. I just think its going to be interesting to watch because this is the first spring game since 2007 where we had to replace a quarterback.

vCash

It's a waste because we all know the game produces spring phenoms that are never seen in the fall, you know, like Dominique Whaley a couple years ago...wait a minute. Nevermind.

vCash

I said to watch. Not to coach. I've worked spring games as a student assistant. But attending them as fans just seems weak.
    If there is one phrase I associate with oudavid it is "just seems weak".
    5 users like Sancho's post: AcousticSoup, oorah_okie, SpankyNek, thurman murman, Turk

vCash

Go to Owen Field or sit on the couch, drink beer, pick your toenails and watch guys push a little ball, are you kidding me. GO SOONERS
    The following users like this post: Sooner 4 Life

also OU spring game will be on Sooner Sports TV so if you can't make it you can watch it on TV

vCash

I'm not expecting that much this next season. I just think its going to be interesting to watch because this is the first spring game since 2007 where we had to replace a quarterback.
    I'll agree w/ you on that...that'll be an interesting aspect of the game we haven't seen since then

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I could have smoked a pound of weed and not lost as many brain cells as I have reading this thread.
    That's quite a bit. You're going to need some assistance. Want to hang out?
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

vCash

I got tickets to the Master's. "A tradition unlike any other"
    3 users like SnakeDoctor's post: ab5sr, Stinger_1066, VoodooChild

vCash

Wait. What the ****?

vCash

I'm so used to DVR'ing stuff these days I'll probably make the drive with wife to the spring game. Get me a poster, sit in the high-dollar seats, have a nice weekend in Norman. But yeah, between Easter weekend, the Master's, etc. it's a tough time to schedule a spring game.

vCash

The Texas Longhorns scheduled their Spring Game on Easter Sunday.

vCash

Sounds like they don't want people there.
    The following users like this post: McRib