Nugent VS lemming Piers Morgan on, gasp, GUNS (shhhhhhh)

Posted 533 day(s) ago 1256 Views 61 Replies
Results 1 to 50 of 62
Page 1 of 2 1 2
  1. #1

    Music Nugent VS lemming Piers Morgan on, gasp, GUNS (shhhhhhh)


  2. #2
    eyeballjr's Avatar
    Posts
    1,707
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    2072
    Location
    Bartlesville

    I give Ted the nod. Piers has one line. Why does anyone need one of these killing machines? He keeps saying that no one can answer it, but I've heard it answered repeatedly on his show. What he should say is, no one can come up with an answer that I will accept.
    2 users like eyeballjr's post: Gonzo, ImTheDude


  3. #3
    Originally Posted by eyeballjr View Post
    I give Ted the nod. Piers has one line. Why does anyone need one of these killing machines? He keeps saying that no one can answer it, but I've heard it answered repeatedly on his show. What he should say is, no one can come up with an answer that I will accept.
    What are the answers that his guests have given him?

  4. #4
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,388
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    5250
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    That's my gun store.
    The following users like this post: eyeballjr


  5. #5
    Sooner Bob's Avatar
    Posts
    5,435
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    North of Waterloo Road

    Nice job Ted . . . he seemed to stay much more calm than Piers.

  6. #6

    Re: Nugent VS lemming Piers Morgan on, gasp, GUNS (shhhhhhh)

    Interesting video. Piers had some good points. We are worse than Yemen.

  7. #7
    Sooner Bob's Avatar
    Posts
    5,435
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    North of Waterloo Road

    The key facts are:

    • The US has the highest gun ownership rate in the world - an average of 88 per 100 people. That puts it first in the world for gun ownership - and even the number two country, Yemen, has significantly fewer - 54.8 per 100 people
    • But the US does not have the worst firearm murder rate - that prize belongs to Honduras, El Salvador and Jamaica. In fact, the US is number 28, with a rate of 2.97 per 100,000 people
    • Puerto Rico tops the world's table for firearms murders as a percentage of all homicides - 94.8%. It's followed by Sierra Leone in Africa and Saint Kitts and Nevis in the Caribbean
    Some interesting data . . . .

  8. #8
    Sooner Bob's Avatar
    Posts
    5,435
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    North of Waterloo Road

    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    Interesting video. Piers had some good points. We are worse than Yemen.
    In gun ownership. Big whoop.
    The following users like this post: kssooner


  9. #9
    azwe's Avatar
    Posts
    4,727
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    vCash
    3333
    Location
    Oklahoma

    Did he really say that police requirements in England are 20% on the target? What the ****?!

  10. #10

    Nugent VS lemming Piers Morgan on, gasp, GUNS (shhhhhhh)

    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    Interesting video. Piers had some good points. We are worse than Yemen.
    Yemen?

  11. #11
    tcrb's Avatar
    Posts
    4,444
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Behind enemy lines

    I would say we are not worse, but better than Yemen.
    3 users like tcrb's post: bushmaster06, Sooner Bob, Sooner5030


  12. #12
    Ha. You radicals siding with The Nug... fitting.

  13. #13
    tcrb's Avatar
    Posts
    4,444
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Behind enemy lines

    It's ironic how you point your finger at others and call them "radicals".

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by tcrb View Post
    It's ironic how you point your finger at others and call them "radicals".
    Nope. You guys are radicals. Just because I mock you supporting fringe figures and fear mongers doesn't make me radical. It makes me cool.

  15. #15
    tcrb's Avatar
    Posts
    4,444
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Behind enemy lines

    Guns have been a part of American society since the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock. The second amendment to the Constitution was adopted in 1791 to specifically protect the US citizen's right to own and posses guns. You point your finger at those who support an idea/law has been around since before this country was founded and call them "radicals". The reality is that the idea of revoking that idea/law is what's radical. You are just one of the lemmings who believes that big government is good for you. And you like to stir the pot. It's just what you do. But you should keep telling yourself that your schtick makes you cool.
    The following users like this post: 87sooner


  16. #16
    Originally Posted by tcrb View Post
    Guns have been a part of American society since the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock. The second amendment to the Constitution was adopted in 1791 to specifically protect the US citizen's right to own and posses guns. You point your finger at those who support an idea/law has been around since before this country was founded and call them "radicals". The reality is that the idea of revoking that idea/law is what's radical. You are just one of the lemmings who believes that big government is good for you. And you like to stir the pot. It's just what you do. But you should keep telling yourself that your schtick makes you cool.
    No moron. I'm making fun of you for supporting The Nug. Support someone like Coburn or Tom Cole and their thoughts on gun control and your not a moron. The Nug is a staright up radical hate, fear machine that needs to be mocked.

    Have I ever said I don't support gun rights? No, I make fun of you radicals for pissing your pants about the right being taken away... pssssst, It won't stop living in fear.

    You guys should be far more worried Obama has declared himself king and can kill anyone in the world he wants. Your AR-15 is useless against an armed drone.
    2 users like soonerdm's post: KCRuf/Nek, OnlyOneOklahoma


  17. #17
    tcrb's Avatar
    Posts
    4,444
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Behind enemy lines

    Maybe you can show me where I jumped on Ted's support wagon. I made one comment in this thread that voiced my thought that in terms of gun ownership, the fact that we in the US own more guns per 100 citizens than they do in Yemen was a good thing, rather than a bad one. You see, I would speculate that most of the guns owned in the US are owned by law abiding citizens who posses them legally. And conversely, that most the guns in Yemen are not legally owned by law abiding citizens.

    But you didn't bother to try to understand the intent of my post, you just jumped into your usual schtick and started throwing out insults and name calling. But I guess that's what makes you cool (in your own mind at least).

  18. #18
    Originally Posted by tcrb View Post
    Maybe you can show me where I jumped on Ted's support wagon. I made one comment in this thread that voiced my thought that in terms of gun ownership, the fact that we in the US own more guns per 100 citizens than they do in Yemen was a good thing, rather than a bad one. You see, I would speculate that most of the guns owned in the US are owned by law abiding citizens who posses them legally. And conversely, that most the guns in Yemen are not legally owned by law abiding citizens.

    But you didn't bother to try to understand the intent of my post, you just jumped into your usual schtick and started throwing out insults and name calling. But I guess that's what makes you cool (in your own mind at least).
    In my own mind is all that matters to me. Like anyone would ever give a **** what you internet dorks thought of them.

    Perhaps I wasn't addressing you. I said "You radicals supporting Nug" so if you weren't, looks like I wasn't addressing you. Thanks for playing

  19. #19
    I like "The Nug". He's a character. His music sucks ass, but it's better than DRI.

    Guess I'm a, gasp, radical. Wooooooo.

    Radical Nug talking about guns. Scary.

  20. #20
    Sooner Bob's Avatar
    Posts
    5,435
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    North of Waterloo Road

    If agreeing with much of what Ted said in the video makes me a radical then . . . I'm ok with that.
    2 users like Sooner Bob's post: Bk2X, eyeballjr


  21. #21
    eyeballjr's Avatar
    Posts
    1,707
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    2072
    Location
    Bartlesville

    Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    What are the answers that his guests have given him?

    Second amendment right, Personal Defense, Varmint control, protection against a tyrannical government.
    He says it is absurd, and do you really thing that our government could turn tyrannical? This is exactly why we have the second amendment, be cause we had just fought for our independence from a tyrannical government.
    In his interview with Ted, he says well outside of Hog Hunting why do you need them?
    Why do the police need high cap. mags? Because shit happens, not once has there been a gun fight that the person who comes out on top wished that they had a few less bullets left in their Mags.
    The following users like this post: JDShellnutt


  22. #22
    okie52's Avatar
    Posts
    7,282
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I like "The Nug". He's a character. His music sucks ass, but it's better than DRI.

    Guess I'm a, gasp, radical. Wooooooo.

    Radical Nug talking about guns. Scary.
    Led Zeppelin > Grateful Dead

  23. #23
    Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Led Zeppelin > Grateful Dead
    Crazy talk.

    Umphreys Mcgee > grateful dead > led zeppelin > DRI

  24. #24
    Sancho's Avatar
    Posts
    4,791
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Land of milk and honey

    Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    If agreeing with much of what Ted said in the video makes me a radical then . . . I'm ok with that.
    If you support the 2nd Amendment you are a radical to these trolls.

  25. #25
    okie52's Avatar
    Posts
    7,282
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Crazy talk.

    Umphreys Mcgee > grateful dead > led zeppelin > DRI
    On another planet.

    Led Zeppelin > Pink Floyd> The Who> Hendrix> grateful dead> Notre Dame

  26. #26

    Nugent VS lemming Piers Morgan on, gasp, GUNS (shhhhhhh)

    Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    If you support the 2nd Amendment you are a radical to these trolls.
    I support the second amendment and am a certified non-radical.

    I think Spanky does too.

  27. #27
    kssooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,776
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Kansas

    Nugent VS lemming Piers Morgan on, gasp, GUNS (shhhhhhh)

    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    I support the second amendment and am a certified non-radical.

    I think Spanky does too.
    Certified? By whom?

  28. #28

    Nugent VS lemming Piers Morgan on, gasp, GUNS (shhhhhhh)

    Cub, Jason, kennyd for starters.

  29. #29
    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    I support the second amendment and am a certified non-radical.

    I think Spanky does too.
    you should prolly re-read the second amendment.....and don't overlook the part that says "shall not be infringed".....

  30. #30
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    23,775
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    Cub, Jason, kennyd for starters.
    meh, 1 for 3. jason is canadian and kennyd died so they don't count.
    The following users like this post: oucub23


  31. #31
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,388
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    5250
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    you should prolly re-read the second amendment.....and don't overlook the part that says "shall not be infringed".....
    Here is the legal definition of infringement:
    The encroachment, breach, or violation of a right, law, regulation, or contract.
    The Supreme Court has ruled that limits do not constitute infringement.

  32. #32
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,388
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    5250
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    meh, 1 for 3. jason is canadian and kennyd died so they don't count.
    Wait...when did Kennyd die?

  33. #33
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    23,775
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    balls deep

    as far as i know he didn't, but he really is old.

  34. #34

    Nugent VS lemming Piers Morgan on, gasp, GUNS (shhhhhhh)

    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Wait...when did Kennyd die?
    He didn't. He just doesn't read this place because of the trolls/time wasting.

    He told me the worst day he had on here was when someone compared him to 87sooner and zevogolf.

  35. #35
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,388
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    5250
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Well that's good news.
    Kenny and I didn't always see eye to eye, but he is a good poster (and person, if I can say such things from inferring)

  36. #36
    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    He told me the worst day he had on here was when someone compared him to 87sooner and zevogolf.
    Sounds as though he took this joint too seriously.

  37. #37

    Nugent VS lemming Piers Morgan on, gasp, GUNS (shhhhhhh)

    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Well that's good news.
    Kenny and I didn't always see eye to eye, but he is a good poster (and person, if I can say such things from inferring)
    Inferred or not, he is.

  38. #38
    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Here is the legal definition of infringement:

    The encroachment, breach, or violation of a right, law, regulation, or contract.
    The Supreme Court has ruled that limits do not constitute infringement.
    encroach
    1: to enter by gradual steps or by stealth into the possessions or rights of another

    looks like the supreme court needs a good dictionary....

  39. #39
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,388
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    5250
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    encroach
    1: to enter by gradual steps or by stealth into the possessions or rights of another

    looks like the supreme court needs a good dictionary....
    I think I will side with them on this one, 87.
    The following users like this post: OnlyOneOklahoma


  40. #40
    Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    Sounds as though he took this joint too seriously.
    I think posted that one. But, Kenny is a very nice man and did not like being compared to some of the dregs of this hell hole.

  41. #41
    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    I think I will side with them on this one, 87.

    you do that...
    i'll side against them on this one....and owebamacare.....and abortion......

  42. #42
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,388
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    5250
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    you do that...
    i'll side against them on this one....and owebamacare.....and abortion......
    How does it feel being on the wrong side of the law?

  43. #43
    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    How does it feel being on the wrong side of the law?
    how does it feel being on the wrong side of the law.....and not even realizing it?

  44. #44
    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    How does it feel being on the wrong side of the lawhistory?
    ftfy

  45. #45
    i guess i feel the same as alito...thomas.....scalia......and kennedy....

  46. #46
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,388
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    5250
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    i guess i feel the same as alito...thomas.....scalia......and kennedy....
    Are they against background checks?

    Personally, I think citizenship should be the only requirement to own a firearm.

  47. #47

    Nugent VS lemming Piers Morgan on, gasp, GUNS (shhhhhhh)

    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Are they against background checks?

    Personally, I think citizenship should be the only requirement to own a firearm.
    Background checks are stupid for people that already have CC.
    2 users like oucub23's post: bushmaster06, Fahooglegods


  48. #48
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,388
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    5250
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Background checks are stupid for people that already have CC.
    If we are looking at this in a world where background checks are required, I would say it depends upon the authority supplying the CC.

  49. #49
    Dexa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,072
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    vCash
    1476
    Location
    Moore

    Originally Posted by soonerdm View Post
    Ha. You radicals siding with The Nug... fitting.
    I did not know agreeing with one opinion of an individual gave me the season park pass to their entire rhetoric.

    I should probably pay more attention to who I agree with on anything from now on. Thank you for your dose of enlightenment. I had been walking around in the dark all this time.

  50. #50
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    23,775
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    balls deep

    don't feed the troll.

Similar Threads

  1. CNN cancels Piers Morgan
    By SMC in forum ThunderDome
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: February 24th, 2014, 02:56 PM
  2. For Piers Morgan haters...
    By URNotserious in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: December 28th, 2013, 02:33 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 28th, 2013, 07:19 AM
  4. Escape From New York (Gasp!) Reboot
    By SirPrize in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 18th, 2013, 04:37 PM
  5. Piers Morgan...
    By TIMB0B in forum ThunderDome
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: February 15th, 2013, 08:10 PM