***National Signing Day Thread***

Posted 682 day(s) ago by usaosooner47839 Views 678 Replies
Page 10 of 14 8 9 10 11 12
    Originally Posted by drumhead23us View Post
    I wish someone would put together some research on this. Are we unique in the way we hemorrhage talent? Do we get injured more than other teams? (FIRE SCHMITTY!!) Are we supremely unlucky, or can we just not see the forest for the trees?
    did you not see texas play this year?

SoonerBounce Guest
    Originally Posted by Sooner 76 View Post
    We don't know either way, but too many automatically start with the ****ing at the slighest provocation.

Our coaches are not in a position to give ultimatums to offensive lineman. They would take all three if they wanted to come here. Stop trying to sugar coat it.

If Ikard is correct, the coaching staff should get an F in recruiting 101 for that year.
    The following users like this post: DelMarSooner

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    If Ikard is correct, the coaching staff should get an F in recruiting 101 for that year.
    "That's just the wacky world of recruiting folks"

Is OU just waiting on LJ Moore & Toby Johnson to make their decisions now?

Originally Posted by nlight1 View Post
    Is OU just waiting on LJ Moore & Toby Johnson to make their decisions now?
    Yup.

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    it wasn't all that bad: hurst, javon harris, ronnell lewis, mcfarland, wort, bird, tyler evans, ikard, etc.

Yes. Moore should be at 2pm and Johnson any day in the next week I'd imagine

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    Yes. Moore should be at 2pm and Johnson any day in the next week I'd imagine
    Moore is announcing at 5 CT is he not?

Originally Posted by MadMex View Post
    Moore is announcing at 5 CT is he not?
    I could easily be wrong but swore I read 2pm earlier

I could easily be wrong but swore I read 2pm earlier
    His twitter account has him announcing at 3 PT / 5 CT

SoonerBounce Guest
    i thought it was 2 pacific time

He said 2pm. So 4pm CST.

I come in peace

Can anyone tell me about Darius Graham from Lawton Mac? I saw him play Clinton early in the year, and he seemed like a good get for someone like SMU, TT etc. What was the knock on him? I saw where he LOI'd Northern Colorado. TIA

Moore is announcing at 5pm CST

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    Our coaches are not in a position to give ultimatums to offensive lineman. They would take all three if they wanted to come here. Stop trying to sugar coat it.
    Whatever.

SoonerBounce Guest
    Originally Posted by Sooner 76 View Post
    Whatever.
    So you think we are in a position to turn away OL?

Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    NCAA doesn't have the money to investigate the SEC. And the $EC is too good at not leaving any tracks.
    That's what Lance Armstrong thought too... we need to get USADA after the SEC.

Originally Posted by Quasimofo View Post
    I come in peace

Can anyone tell me about Darius Graham from Lawton Mac? I saw him play Clinton early in the year, and he seemed like a good get for someone like SMU, TT etc. What was the knock on him? I saw where he LOI'd Northern Colorado. TIA
    http://newsok.com/lawton-macarthurs-...rticle/3747535

Might be a little off topic, but don't be surprised if Bob announces some staff changes at his signing day press conference today. Chatter seems to be picking up surrounding Patton and possibly Shipp.

That answers that! Thanks Hamilton.

Originally Posted by SoonerDan74012 View Post
    Might be a little off topic, but don't be surprised if Bob announces some staff changes at his signing day press conference today. Chatter seems to be picking up surrounding Patton and possibly Shipp.
    I've been a big critic of both, but get rid of #1 kittle #2 kish first, and don't even ****ing think about bringing back Mangino.
    The following users like this post: eyeballjr

guy on Sports Animal said Patton's house is up for sale, fwiw it seems highly likely he's gone

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    I've been a big critic of both, but get rid of #1 kittle #2 kish first, and don't even ****ing think about bringing back Mangino.
    agree, I've wanted Patton gone for a while now but if you're going to get rid of him Kittle should be gone as well and Kish is basically just drawing a paycheck here

guy on Sports Animal said Patton's house is up for sale, fwiw it seems highly likely he's gone
    Wow, didn't hear this yet. Definitely adds to the intrigue.

So are you guys saying there is a high probability that David is wrong?

I don't want to bring back Mangino I don't think that is a good move. Kittle seems to have been takin a piss during this recruiting season. I'm glad that he enjoyed his national recruiting trips. Recruiting is a 2 or 3 year cycles now and I'll give him a pass for this year, but if next year if he doesn't bring in some big time guys he can hit the road.

if Patton is gone and assuming Bob doesn't have his replacement already lined up, I wonder if having to share OL coaching duties w/another coach would be a turn off to potential replacements? hopefully the allure of OU would be enough to get an ace recruiter/coach on board.

It would be pretty badass to poach Wickline from OSU.

They already said he's been interviewing for jobs. Illinois in particular. Patton's done. He got Willie Martinez'd.

If they bring back Mangino I'll be golfing on Saturdays. His 2001 offense made me want to pull my toe nails out. Most of you may not remember but in the early 2000's we couldn't pay an O-Lineman to come here. It took Kevin Wilson to create a running game.
    2 users like srburkhart's post: OU812, Sooners2007

Yeah, Mangino would be a poor decision. Wickline would be a great one.

Good thing he heard it on the Sports Animal, otherwise I'd be skeptical.
    3 users like Col.JimBeam's post: drspencer, greensooner, Straz1999

Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
    Good news.

Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    Vodnik to Volleyball on campus recruiting coordinator
    Women's volleyball recruiter....my dream job!

Originally Posted by srburkhart View Post
    They already said he's been interviewing for jobs. Illinois in particular. Patton's done. He got Willie Martinez'd.

If they bring back Mangino I'll be golfing on Saturdays. His 2001 offense made me want to pull my toe nails out. Most of you may not remember but in the early 2000's we couldn't pay an O-Lineman to come here. It took Kevin Wilson to create a running game.
    To be fair to the fat man, he was the O-Line coach when Mike Leach was the OC and running the football wasn't necassarily a priority. Now, the offense did suck some major balls in 01', I'm not doubting that one bit, but I think Mangino would bring some toughness back to the O-Line (if they can survive his verbal wrath) which has been lacking to put it mildly.
    The following users like this post: 2SBTM

Adrian Klemm, OL coach for ucla. Bring him to Norman, even if stoops needs to cut his own pay to give it to him.
    2 users like OU812's post: DHF, SoonerDan74012

Adrian Klemm, OL coach for ucla. Bring him to Norman, even if stoops needs to cut his own pay to give it to him.
    Stanford O-Line coach would be a nice hire too.
    3 users like SoonerDan74012's post: LVSOONER15, OU812, Sooner 4 Life

Stanford O-Line coach would be a nice hire too.
    He just got promoted to OC.

Originally Posted by srburkhart View Post
    He just got promoted to OC.
    Well furk.

Originally Posted by Quasimofo View Post
    I come in peace

Kid didn't want to play FB and he had a offer from La Tech until they filled up on him

Hey guys start a OL thread please discussion belongs there before we get to in depth

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Hey guys start a OL thread please discussion belongs there before we get to in depth
    Sorry.

"That's just the wacky world of recruiting folks"
    Washouts 2009 xfer NSU, Marcus Trice xfer UNT, Jarrett Brown xfer to WVU in NFL, Terry Franklin failed to qualify, Jonathon Miller xfer Ill. St., Josh Alendoye xfer Ill. St., Kevin Brent xfer ATM.

Graduated - Kaydin Bird, Cam Kenney, Lane Johnson NFL?. Javon Harris, Tom Wort, Jamarkus McFarland, Demontre Hurst NFL?, Ronnell Lewis NFL, Tavaris Jeffries

ON team - Marshell Musil, Jaz Reynolds, Gabe Lynn, Tyler Evans, Gabe Ikard, Drew Allen still on roster, but this tells me he is gone.

Only one I miss might be Josh.

I bet it goes on all over the place at the same rate, bu I don't keep up with other teams. Not too bad

Originally Posted by warrenpiece View Post
    Washouts 2009 xfer NSU, Marcus Trice xfer UNT, Jarrett Brown xfer to WVU in NFL, Terry Franklin failed to qualify, Jonathon Miller xfer Ill. St., Josh Alendoye xfer Ill. St., Kevin Brent xfer ATM.

Graduated - Kaydin Bird, Cam Kenney, Lane Johnson NFL?. Javon Harris, Tom Wort, Jamarkus McFarland, Demontre Hurst NFL?, Ronnell Lewis NFL, Tavaris Jeffries

ON team - Marshell Musil, Jaz Reynolds, Gabe Lynn, Tyler Evans, Gabe Ikard, Drew Allen still on roster, but this tells me he is gone.

Only one I miss might be Josh.

I bet it goes on all over the place at the same rate, bu I don't keep up with other teams. Not too bad
    Isn't Tom Wort going pro? lol.
    2 users like S00NERB0RN73's post: 2SBTM, SoonerDan74012

Gotta love the behind the scenes rumors. Guy here at work knows a coach at OU and he swears Mangino is coming back.

Would anyone be surprised? Bob is incapable of hiring anyone he's not related to or friends with or who is friends of a friend.

Originally Posted by S00NERB0RN73 View Post
    Riiiight.

I forgot about Gus Jones (who?) and Justin Chaisson (I think he is the one who got arrested for beating his girlfriend before he stpped on campus - good riddance

Originally Posted by S00NERB0RN73 View Post
    In something other than sports? Lol
    4 users like SoonerDan74012's post: Backintheday, drumhead23us, OUrage, sOUltrain65

http://www.soonersports.tv/video/pla...nt_id=25578697

Stoops presser starting in 2 minutes

guess KREF isn't carrying it