Tulsa Univ and Okla. State recruiting

Posted 539 day(s) ago 3619 Views 66 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2
    vCash

Half of Tulsa Univ recruits were from Oklahoma. All but six of OSU came from Texas all the others came from Texas schools that OU use to recruit heavily. OSU may have had only one Oklahoma player. On paper it looks like Tulsa did quite well and OSU just average with no QB recruited. Among all three schools I would say Tulsa 1, OU 2, and OSU 3 in that order. Tulsa appears to be moving up, OSU back to mediocrity and OU staying the same talent wise. That is just my "On paper" take this year. OU plays Tulsa Next year early, and coming off a loss from TAM and Tulsa coming off a win in the Liberty Bowl. This will be a much better Tulsa team than in years past. So it will likely be a close game with OU winning by a smaller margin in past years.

Originally Posted by SoonerDick View Post
    Half of Tulsa Univ recruits were from Oklahoma. All but six of OSU came from Texas all the others came from Texas schools that OU use to recruit heavily. OSU may have had only one Oklahoma player. On paper it looks like Tulsa did quite well and OSU just average with no QB recruited. Among all three schools I would say Tulsa 1, OU 2, and OSU 3 in that order. Tulsa appears to be moving up, OSU back to mediocrity and OU staying the same talent wise. That is just my "On paper" take this year. OU plays Tulsa Next year early, and coming off a loss from TAM and Tulsa coming off a win in the Liberty Bowl. This will be a much better Tulsa team than in years past. So it will likely be a close game with OU winning by a smaller margin in past years.
    Tulsa No 1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are those true freshman going to have that big of an impact in September?

vCash

Wat?

Bowl wins and losses mean very little. I still love ya tho.

vCash

Come on Dick.
    The following users like this post: jmizzy4ou

vCash

This is why we can't have nice things
    The following users like this post: Gundy's Lettuce

Joe Bean from Hooker highlights the Tulsa class, they did sign a 4 star lineman from Vian, according to rivals we did not offer

vCash

I took my sun shine pumper glasses off and took a look into reality. LOL

great, not only are we being outrecruited by the majority of B12 teams now tulsa is beating us....lol
    The following users like this post: party1234

vCash

What Blankenship has done at TU is pretty incredible. I was one of the skeptical ones when he got the job, but he has brought in a real solid class (For TU Standards) and i really like that he likes to recruit in state. Plus going 11-3, A Conference Championship and big win over a Big 12 team in a bowl does not hurt either.

It will be interesting to see if TU goes to the Big East. If they do, i only see it elevating the School/Program even further. Happy for the Tulsa fans/alums!
    The following users like this post: Sieve

Tulsa's class is pretty good for them, but it's still mostly 2 and 3-star players. It's a huge stretch to call it the best class in the state.

vCash

Tulsa is reaping the benefits of OU/OSU recruiting out of state, they can pick up alot of Oklahoma players that have some heart and passion but maybe not the measurables that the sooners/cowboys like.
    The following users like this post: OU48A

vCash

Don't be a dick

Originally Posted by OldSooner View Post
    great, not only are we being outrecruited by the majority of B12 teams now tulsa is beating us....lol
    What is sad is that are people that actually believe that.

Rivals will have OU #1 in the Big 12 off total points or #2 behind Texas if you go by average player ranking
    2 users like Drake's post: CobraKai, StiffArmTrophy

vCash

Whose socket is this? It reeks of soonerfans.com
    The following users like this post: StiffArmTrophy

Don't be stupid or a dick.

UMMM guess you haven't seen the recruiting rankings.

Originally Posted by xunil View Post
    Don't be stupid or a dick.
    Go google sarcasm and get back to me

vCash

Originally Posted by nmgaucho View Post
    Tulsa is reaping the benefits of OU/OSU recruiting out of state, they can pick up alot of Oklahoma players that have some heart and passion but maybe not the measurables that the sooners/cowboys like.
    Many of Tulsa's better teams have come when OU and OSU have signed high numbers of out of state players.
    OU's national tile teams were all played with at least 49% of Oklahomans on the roster.

ESPN has us ranked lower than any other service at 20.
    Tulsa did not make their top 40.
    Rivals has us at 15, Tulsa at 71.
    Scout has us at 17, Tulsa at 82.

What "reality" are you living in?

vCash

trolling dick has landed a few

Originally Posted by Wailer View Post
    trolling dick has landed a few
    That's the thing. He's not trolling. He's just Dick.
    2 users like Jbaker's post: Irish_Sooner, Wailer

This same recruiting strategy would work if they had a baseball team. Plenty of local talent. I wish they would bring TU baseball back.
    2 users like thequietone's post: DarrellS011, DHF

vCash

Rankings are just rankings and really not all that meaningful. Tulsa got the cream of the crop in Oklahoma and the kids OU use to get. Being an academic school they play smart football, and are becoming the Stanford of the Midwest. Chew on that for a while, or if your smart you will think on it for a while. lol

We finished with the best recruiting class in the Big 12.

Didn't Oklahoma sign like 3 of the top 4 in state players this year? I was under the impression that OU did really well in state this year.

vCash
    The gray place between expectations and reality.

Rankings are just rankings and really not all that meaningful. Tulsa got the cream of the crop in Oklahoma and the kids OU use to get. Being an academic school they play smart football, and are becoming the Stanford of the Midwest. Chew on that for a while, or if your smart you will think on it for a while. lol

You're either a troll or really, really, really dumb.

vCash

DICK.

stahp.
    2 users like The's post: AcousticSoup, DHF

vCash

Switzer signed good players. If he used to sign more good in-state kids than Stoops does now, it's b/c there used to be more good in-state kids than there are now. I guarantee Barry would take OU's 2013 class over the one Tulsa just signed.

Incidentally, I am impressed at what Blankenship is doing at TU. I hope he's able to keep it up over the long haul.

Originally Posted by oSuJeff97 View Post
    You're either a troll or really, really, really dumb.
    You are correct.

vCash

Now now now, I am not dumb. Just have to put my sunshine pumper glasses back on. At least OSUJeff got offended on my analysis. He is the troll here. LOL

vCash

DICK!

Stahp!
    The following users like this post: DHF

vCash

Originally Posted by Camel at Sea View Post
    Switzer signed good players. If he used to sign more good in-state kids than Stoops does now, it's b/c there used to be more good in-state kids than there are now.
    If anything there should be more in state players now because the state’s population is larger than it was when Switzer was coaching at OU.

vCash

Mauds...can we start a subforum called "Sooner Times"? I think if we did, Dick would be confused enough that he would only ever post there.
    The following users like this post: StiffArmTrophy

vCash

Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    If anything there should be more in state players now because the state’s population is larger than it was when Switzer was coaching at OU.
    State population doesn't equate directly to recruiting, at least not on an annual basis. Oklahoma doesn't seem to produce as many high end linemen as it used to.

Maybe that has to do with the decline of HS wrestling in the state? Or maybe there just aren't any more Selmon brothers?
    The following users like this post: OU48A

vCash

You've derailed, Dick.

The following users like this post: ousooner_4

Originally Posted by Camel at Sea View Post
    State population doesn't equate directly to recruiting, at least not on an annual basis. Oklahoma doesn't seem to produce as many high end linemen as it used to.

Maybe that has to do with the decline of HS wrestling in the state? Or maybe there just aren't any more Selmon brothers?
    I think your point on the decline of HS wrestling has merit.

Stanford of the Midwest? Are you ****ing kidding me? How many BCS bowls has Tulsa won or played in the last five years or for that matter since its inception? I'll wait.

vCash

Originally Posted by xunil View Post
    I think your point on the decline of HS wrestling has merit.
    It very easily could….
    In fact I have thought that OU should send its linemen to the wrestling room during the off season

vCash

Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Joe Bean from Hooker highlights the Tulsa class, they did sign a 4 star lineman from Vian, according to rivals we did not offer
    Was he really considered Tulsa's top recruit?

vCash

Bean from Hooker??? I remember when OU recruited a small western Oklahoma OT from eight man football that became All Big 8 before he graduated. Barry did that.

vCash

Bean from Hooker??? I remember when OU recruited a small western Oklahoma OT from eight man football that became All Big 8 before he graduated. Barry did that.
    I'm not knocking Hooker (it's my hometown) or Joe Bean (he's a friend of mine), but you didn't answer my question.
    The following users like this post: Coach

vCash

Originally Posted by Houston Cougar View Post
    I'm not knocking Hooker (it's my hometown) or Joe Bean (he's a friend of mine), but you didn't answer my question.
    You know the Hussey's then.

vCash

Houston Cougar: My answer is that he has to be smart to go to Tulsa and he can learn the system just as fast as anyone else. He could have been an OU recruit, but Bob doesn't recruit small town guys from western OK. Bud Wilkinson made good money off them back in the day.

vCash

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    You know the Hussey's then.
    Absolutely!

vCash

Houston Cougar: My answer is that he has to be smart to go to Tulsa and he can learn the system just as fast as anyone else. He could have been an OU recruit, but Bob doesn't recruit small town guys from western OK. Bud Wilkinson made good money off them back in the day.
    Thanks SD. I think Joe made a good choice and I hope he does well at Tulsa. I also agree there are some great athletes/kids in the Panhandle who tend to get overlooked.

vCash

What color is the sky in your reality, Dick?

Originally Posted by Houston Cougar View Post
    Hooker is my mom's hometown!
    The following users like this post: Houston Cougar