The assistant coaches possibilities thread?

Posted 569 day(s) ago by OU48A52467 Views 836 Replies
Page 8 of 17 6 7 8 9 10
    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    No sources just a name with a connection

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205146650
    Jesus Christ, if he's hired, it's like Bob Stoops has decided to leave OU and is allowing Mike Stoops to gather his old staff from Arizona before he's named the new OU head coach.

Why can't we just hire Calvin?

Originally Posted by ;
    and the couple has four children, daughters Lanea (15)
    Manti's girlfriends name sake right there.
    The following users like this post: Sooner 4 Life

I could be wrong but something in my gut tells me that Jerry Schmidt could gone after winter conditioning drills?
    +Kittle could be moved to the new player personnel department along with perhaps Mangino?

Blevins just said they are bringing in Tuiaosopo (sp?) from AZ

well, maybe he can recruit some of those big ass, pipe hittin, samoan ass mother ****ers for the defense if so.
    3 users like willie's post: Jerseysooner, lobster999, Sooner 4 Life

Dean Blevins‏@DeanBlevins
    I've confirmed Bob Stoops is parting ways w Jackie Shipp. Mike Tuiasosopo is one of the possible replacements. Ariz DL coach 4 MStoops 5yrs.

Details on @NEWS9 @News9Sport @ 6. Stoops pulls trigger on relieving Jackie Shipp. Mike Tuiasosopo candidate. Recruiter. Samoan. #sooners

So I guess all the asst. coaches are on notice. Mike better start being impressed with you or you'll be replaced by one of his cronies from AZ.
    The following users like this post: VRO405

Originally Posted by TulsatimeSooner View Post
    So I guess all the asst. coaches are on notice. Mike better start being impressed with you or you'll be replaced by one of his cronies from AZ.
    has Bob made a deal with the administration for Mike to take over in the next couple years? that would make sense b/c Mike is basically in control of these hirings: Kish, Bedenbaugh and the DL coach if true
    The following users like this post: boomermagic

Mike: I'd like to go over some ideas about the coaching staff.

Bob: Sure.

Mike: First, I'd like to replace Patton.

Bob: Done.

Mike: And Shipp.

Mike: Kittle?

Bob: Settle down Mike.
    4 users like TulsatimeSooner's post: 2SBTM, greensooner, Sabla, VRO405

Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    I've confirmed Bob Stoops is parting ways w Jackie Shipp. Mike Tuiasosopo is one of the possible replacements. Ariz DL coach 4 MStoops 5yrs.

Details on @NEWS9 @News9Sport @ 6. Stoops pulls trigger on relieving Jackie Shipp. Mike Tuiasosopo candidate. Recruiter. Samoan. #sooners
    With a name like 'Tuiasosopo', does Deano really need to mention he's Samoan?

Originally Posted by mexican/ninja View Post
    Well one thing is for sure, after the whole Tuiasosopo/Te'o fiasco, this Tuiasosopo coach must be able to sell his ass off...

Pitiful Stoops is blowing it!

Originally Posted by Houston Sooner View Post
    coming from you, I take that as this is a good move...thanks for the confirmation

How are things down in Aggyland?

Mike: I'd like to go over some ideas about the coaching staff.

Bob: Sure.

Mike: First, I'd like to replace Patton.

Mike: And Shipp.

Mike: Kittle?

Bob: Settle down Mike.
    Kittle gone.
    2 users like SpankyNek's post: Sooners2007, Straz1999

I think it was appreciated in its time LOL.

remember that one post you had when you weren't trolling? yeah, me neither
    The following users like this post: Vodnik

Dean Blevins, Captain Obvious

Originally Posted by mexican/ninja View Post
    Well, yeah, I thought he was French-Canadian.

I know, right?? What will we ever do without all of those mediocre seasons???

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    has Bob made a deal with the administration for Mike to take over in the next couple years? that would make sense b/c Mike is basically in control of these hirings: Kish, Bedenbaugh and the DL coach if true
    Correct. After OU wins the BCS title this season with Blake Bell leading the way on offense and Jordan Phillips leading the way on defense, Bob Stoops is stepping down. Let's not forget, he is 52 and Ron Stoops Sr. passed away at 54. It's something that Bob Stoops has been thinking about for a long time. He's going to go out on top and make Mike Stoops look like the hero in the process by Oklahoma winning a BCS title in just the second year of Mike Stoops being here just like in the 2000 season. And OU's schedule sets up beautifully in terms of the home games, the bye weeks before some key games and when factoring in most of the opposition losing key personnel. OU will lose to ND due to the curse, but will still play for the BCS title and win it all.

Re: The assistant coaches possibilities thread?

Originally Posted by zcaa0g View Post
    Correct. After OU wins the BCS title this season with Blake Bell leading the way on offense and Jordan Phillips leading the way on defense, Bob Stoops is stepping down. Let's not forget, he is 52 and Ron Stoops Sr. passed away at 54. It's something that Bob Stoops has been thinking about for a long time. He's going to go out on top and make Mike Stoops look like the hero in the process by Oklahoma winning a BCS title in just the second year of Mike Stoops being here just like in the 2000 season. And OU's schedule sets up beautifully in terms of the home games, the bye weeks before some key games and when factoring in most of the opposition losing key personnel. OU will lose to ND due to the curse, but will still play for the BCS title and win it all.

Jk...sounds great!
    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by usaosooner; February 13th, 2013 at 03:19 AM. Reason: hotlink

If it's not Thibodeaux, I'd like the new DT coach to be another black coach. I think it would help to have one on the defensive staff.
    3 users like Jbaker's post: oorah_okie, Sooners2007, VRO405

I think Joe C. already put the kibosh on Mike as HC after 2001 when Bob wanted to bolt for the Gators.

I think Joe C. already put the kibosh on Mike as HC after 2001 when Bob wanted to bolt for the Gators.
    Actually it was Boren and his “persuasive” ways.
    Mike basically said so.

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    coming from you, I take that as this is a good move...thanks for the confirmation

How are things down in Aggyland?
    I bet you are the only ****er that is sad to see Shipp go!

Not Safe For Work

Last edited by usaosooner; February 13th, 2013 at 02:09 AM. Reason: nsfw tag

I bet you are the only ****er that is sad to see Shipp go!

Not Safe For Work

predictable response from you, the old "I'll bet you are..." followed by a .gif of a woman

didn't I already call out your automatic responses, can't you come up with something ****ing original instead of the same old shit you spew?

You are a petulant ****ing child who attempts to troll this website and I might add unsuccessfully...you can't be more than 16
    Last edited by usaosooner; February 13th, 2013 at 02:10 AM. Reason: nsfw tag

Re: The assistant coaches possibilities thread?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    The following users like this post: macdaddybuff

Last edited by usaosooner; February 13th, 2013 at 02:11 AM. Reason: hotlink

-Spitballing names for the DL spot

Rodney Garner

Cornell Brown

Brick Haley

Ed Orgeron

Jim Tomsula

So how is this Tuiasosopo related to the guy that hoaxed Manti T'eo?

Now that "Cut the Fat" Tuesday is over, i hope we arent going to wait until "Good hire Friday" to fill these slots

Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Jesus Christ, if he's hired, it's like Bob Stoops has decided to leave OU and is allowing Mike Stoops to gather his old staff from Arizona before he's named the new OU head coach.

Why can't we just hire Calvin?
    Perhaps because he's been coaching as long as it takes to drink a cup of coffee.

I think OU needs a DL coach who has ties to the SEC so that he can bring in some of those top, regional lineman. It's tough to sell DTs on playing in the Big Whatever because of the spread teams.

I don't dislike that video.

At Arizona, the Wildcats ranked among the top schools in total defense the last three seasons (24th in 2008, 25th in 2009, 33rd in 2010), leading the Pac-10 in quarterback sacks all three years, largely due to the 'Cats defensive front
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Perhaps because he's been coaching as long as it takes to drink a cup of coffee.

I think OU needs a DL coach who has ties to the SEC so that he can bring in some of those top, regional lineman. It's tough to sell DTs on playing in the Big Whatever because of the spread teams.
    I don't disagree. I just couldn't believe that yet another coach from Arizona might be considered for this staff.

Ed Orgeron could be intriguing. He has ties to both the SEC and west coast, but I don't know if he would mesh well with Bobby.

So let me get this straight, The same staff that got shit canned from Arizona is coming here and people expect that we will get better? Makes sense I guess.
    The following users like this post: Dr Sleep

Originally Posted by oudidntknow84 View Post
    So let me get this straight, The same staff that got shit canned from Arizona is coming here and people expect that we will get better? Makes sense I guess.
    Arizona made a stupid decision. Stoops improved Arizona, but, for some reason, the admins at AZ got this idea that they should win PAC-12/16 titles against USC, Oregon, Stanford, and UCLA, which is a fantasy.

Arizona made a stupid decision. Stoops improved Arizona, but, for some reason, the admins at AZ got this idea that they should win PAC-12/16 titles against USC, Oregon, Stanford, and UCLA, which is a fantasy.
    Why is it a fantasy? I had a friend that was stationed in both Tucson and California. He told me Arizona was a better/funner place to live in. Besides UT out recruits OU all the time so don't tell me its recruiting or coaching. The only case you could have are facilities. And that I would have to agree with you on. But I am not so sure that is enough reason.

So would it not also be fantasy to suddenly expect the same staff to win the big games here at OU?

You serious?

Mike had 3 winning seasons in 7 years. He was 4-8 this past year.

Rich Rod went 8-5 in his first season and won a bowl game.

It was a great decision by Arizona. Mike had better never, at any point, be named HC of Oklahoma.
    The following users like this post: ousooner_4

I don't care how mean and fat Mangina is, I want him back. Won an orange bowl at POS Kansas! I like the Bendedough hire well enough, and would like to have both.
    I don't know any names for the DL coach, but expect and hope that he has had at least 2 widely successfull stents elsewhere before OU hires him.

Originally Posted by Bruno Gianelli View Post
    You serious?

It was a great decision by Arizona. Mike had better never, at any point, be named HC of Oklahoma.
    I agree with this but something seems like it's in the works here, Mike is getting all his guys back together and makes me wonder if that's the transition we are about to see with Mike at the helm in the next few years

Seriously doubt Tuisosopo gets the job - I hear they are shooting big for this DL hire

Originally Posted by Bruno Gianelli View Post
    You serious?

Certainly not here to say Arizona made a mistake by letting Mike go, but let's not act like Rich Rod accomplished some great feat in his first season that Mike never was able to during his tenure. He won 8 games, including a 1 point victory over a 6-6 Nevada team in a bowl game. He lost 49-0 to Oregon and 66-10 to UCLA. He lost at home to rival Arizona State. Woo hoo.

Originally Posted by OUsooners1982 View Post
    Seriously doubt Tuisosopo gets the job - I hear they are shooting big for this DL hire
    I hope so.

If they mean big as in hiring the D-Line coach from Florida, LSU, S. Carolina, or Alabama then I'm all in on that ****.

Originally Posted by SoonerDan74012 View Post
    If they mean big as in hiring the D-Line coach from Florida, LSU, S. Carolina, or Alabama then I'm all in on that ****.
    give me Tosh Lupoi from Washington and I'm all on that **** as well
    The following users like this post: OU812

who do you hear this from? LTs?

-Spitballing names for the DL spot

Rodney Garner *fingers crossed*

Cornell Brown *meh*

Brick Haley *cushy high pay LSU job = stays there*

Ed Orgeron *nice thought but I doubt it*

Jim Tomsula *more likely than 2-4*
    If we could lure Garner away from Georgia, I think that's the way to go. IMO.

Originally Posted by oudidntknow84 View Post
    Why is it a fantasy? I had a friend that was stationed in both Tucson and California. He told me Arizona was a better/funner place to live in. Besides UT out recruits OU all the time so don't tell me its recruiting or coaching. The only case you could have are facilities. And that I would have to agree with you on. But I am not so sure that is enough reason.
    Your friend's perceptions of how good or fun a place is means a lot...

UT's recruiting isn't even comparable and shouldn't be used as a way to make a case the Arizona is in the same league with USC, Stanford, Oregon, and UCLA (maybe them).

The fantasy is that AZ was never in the same group as USC, Stanford, and Oregon; sometimes Arizona State and UCLA (now that they're good). Thus, to demand that they stay in the group when they never were is stupid.