California, Always California

Posted 588 day(s) ago by Keef17126 Views 671 Replies
Page 7 of 14 5 6 7 8 9
    Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Do you feel the same way about the cops who murdered two Asian women?

Stop trying to sensationalize things..... Of course it was a bad move by the LAPD, but would it have happened if some lunatic wasn't out hunting the families of cops?????

We get upset when friendly fire kills an American Troop in wartime, but we also understand how it can happen. The cops should and probably will be dealt with for their actions.

No one in this thread has said it is ok that the cops shot the women, but let's keep things in perspective: A crazy/rogue ex-cop is willfully gunning down innocent people who did nothing to him. I would rather we get him off the streets for good, and let the proper channels deal with the cops who erred.
    The following users like this post: DHF

Time to call in the strike team.

2 users like mgsooner's post: KCRuf/Nek, SoCaliSooner

Originally Posted by jmizzy4ou View Post
    Stop trying to sensationalize things..... Of course it was a bad move by the LAPD, but would it have happened if some lunatic wasn't out hunting the families of cops?????

We get upset when friendly fire kills an American Troop in wartime, but we also understand how it can happen. The cops should and probably will be dealt with for their actions.

No one in this thread has said it is ok that the cops shot the women, but let's keep things in perspective: A crazy/rogue ex-cop is willfully gunning down innocent people who did nothing to him. I would rather we get him off the streets for good, and let the proper channels deal with the cops who erred.
    I'm not taking sides. I think the guy is off his rocker. But there should be more outrage at these bufoons shooting up a quiet neighborhood and unloading 50 rounds into somebody. We can't overlook it... and knowing the LAPD, it will be swept under the rug
    The following users like this post: jmizzy4ou

Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I'm not taking sides. I think the guy is off his rocker. But there should be more outrage at these bufoons shooting up a quiet neighborhood and unloading 50 rounds into somebody. We can't overlook it... and knowing the LAPD, it will be swept under the rug
    Oh I see your point. With the history of the LAPD, it might get swept, but at least let's get the nut job off the streets first, then we can have our public outrage rallies....
    The following users like this post: Omega

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Time to call in the strike team.

Al Capone with a muthafucking badge!!

No matter the circumstance, LE shooting up vehicles with innocent civilians is criminal negligence. Unless and until they knew it was Dorner, they had no business squeezing triggers. The odd thing is that because they are cops, people are excusing their negligence, to a degree. If a civilian, carrying a gun legally, were to do the same thing, there is zero doubt that they would be doing prison time. But when cops do it, cops who are supposed to be trained to handle situations like this and therefore should be more equipped and less likely to shoot at innocents, people think it would be fine if they were just reprimanded.
    The following users like this post: quatrogenerian

Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    Those women weren't killed. Driving with lights off on the wrong side of the street, slowing in front of a cops house under protection might make the protective detail jumpy....yet still accountable.
    Did they have their blinker on?

Cops haven't killed anyone yet one of the asian ladies is still in intensive care however. Bigger issue to me is they misidentified 3 vehicles in 3 separate incidents and fired on them all before getting confirmation.
    3 users like usaosooner's post: quatrogenerian, Shooter, SoulRebel

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Cops haven't killed anyone yet one of the asian ladies is still in intensive care however. Bigger issue to me is they misidentified 3 vehicles in 3 separate incidents and fired on them all before getting confirmation.
    makes Dorner's manifesto accusations sound more truthful IYAM

Charlie Sheen wants to do his part to bring ex-LAPD officer Christopher Dorner into custody safely ... so he's recorded a video plea asking the wanted man to call him to talk things out.

Dorner -- who is accused of killing three people including a cop -- mentioned a number of celebs in his online "manifesto," and wrote about Sheen, "Charlie Sheen, you’re effin awesome."

Sheen recorded the message to Dorner yesterday, saying, "You mentioned me in your manifesto, so thank you for your kind words. I am urging you to call me. Let's figure out together how to end this thing."

Dorner is still currently at large.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/09/christ...#ixzz2KRJxTdMY
    Visit the TMZ Store: http://tmzstore.com

Oh I see your point. With the history of the LAPD, it might get swept, but at least let's get the nut job off the streets first, then we can have our public outrage rallies....
    **** that. The cops have to be better than the criminals they're after. Shooting a truck from behind and almost killing an innocent person is not right.
    2 users like bushmaster06's post: Orange is ugly, Troker

really no reason to take sides in this case. Hopefully the coppers catch the crazy dude, and hopefully the morons that shot up innocent vehicles get some prison time as well, they deserve it.

I bet $100 that when they catch this dude he is wearing a Laker jersey
    The following users like this post: sooner28

Kobe Bryant or Ron Artest?

Originally Posted by 2121sooner View Post
    I bet $100 that when they catch this dude he is wearing a Laker jersey

I'll take that bet!!! If he had on a Laker jersey, he wouldn't be able to hit shiznit!!!!!
    The following users like this post: Shooter

RT @AP BREAKING: Los Angeles police say they'll reopen investigation into firing of ex-cop wanted in 3 killings

wow....

RT @AP BREAKING: Los Angeles police say they'll reopen investigation into firing of ex-cop wanted in 3 killings

wow....
    It's a little ****ing late now!
    2 users like Steve O'Seinus's post: JCBoomer, jmizzy4ou

I'll take that bet!!! If he had on a Laker jersey, he wouldn't be able to hit shiznit!!!!!
    That would be a Russell Westbrook jersey

wow....
    Ploy to get him to come out of hiding.

Originally Posted by Shooterms View Post
    Ploy to get him to come out of hiding.
    If that's their ploy, it's no wonder this guy is clowning them all over place.

Originally Posted by Steve O'Seinus View Post
    If that's their ploy, it's no wonder this guy is clowning them all over place.
    Well....yeah.

Here is the 2nd vehicle the LAPD bumped to disable and shot at on the same day they shot at the two newspaper ladies:

Not been much reported about this one because they didn't hit they guy despite putting three rounds in the windshield. The article is HERE that contains the posted picture. It is mentioned elsewhere, but usually in passing.

Re: California, Always California

Originally Posted by 2121sooner View Post
    That would be a Russell Westbrook jersey
    Think you mean a Dwight Howard jersey..

Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    The case is about 4 inches...5.5 inches overall...
    bullets doesn't equal case. The gun doesn't shoot a 5 inch bullet. Another instance of media exaggerating.
    The following users like this post: Shooter

Originally Posted by JCBoomer View Post
    Here is the 2nd vehicle the LAPD bumped to disable and shot at on the same day they shot at the two newspaper ladies:

Not been much reported about this one because they didn't hit they guy despite putting three rounds in the windshield. The article is HERE that contains the posted picture. It is mentioned elsewhere, but usually in passing.
    How do you mistake a Honda Ridgeline or whatever that ugly thing is called with a Nissan Titan?! At least it's a similar color this time. Jeezus.

That guy just hit the lottery. It'll be interesting to see how much LA has to pay out in lawsuits.

Am I allowed to shoot large black men right now?

Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    Am I allowed to shoot large black men right now?
    Depends.

You a cop?
    The following users like this post: beelzeBob

LAPD :

4 users like ArbySooner's post: beelzeBob, JCBoomer, oudavid1, SoCaliSooner

So you're saying he's wearing a Howard jersey?

Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
    So you're saying he's wearing a Howard jersey?
    You're a little late to the party

Third guy from the left is a visual metaphor for the LAPD.

Christopher Dorner, the ex-LAPD cop who allegedly killed three people has been on the run, successfully evading police, for over a week. To finally track him down, it seems that law enforcement is pulling out all the stops. According to the Express, Dorner is now a target for drones, among the first ever on U.S. soil.

The Express quotes a "senior police source" as having said:

The thermal imaging cameras the drones use may be our only hope of finding him. On the ground, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Riverside Police Chief Sergio Diaz, a joint leader of the force tasked with finding Dorner, has confirmed—though not explicitly—and is quoted as saying "We are using all the tools at our disposal." And a third, vague conformation comes from Customs and Border Patrol spokesman Ralph DeSio who is quoted as saying the agency is on the "forefront of domestic use of drones by law enforcement," while declining to elaborate further.

It wouldn't be the first time drones have ever been involved in a law enforcement operation in the U.S. As early as 2011 there was an incident in which Predator drones hunted down fugitives and directly lead to their ultimate arrest. Still, the practice is far from widespread. Presumably, the drones looking for Dorner's heat signature are unarmed. Presumably.

Should armed drones actually be authorized to fire on Dorner, then it would be a first, and frankly a terrifying precedent. And considering all the collateral damage that's already happened, adding drone fire to the mix would be a horrible idea. Unmanned eyes in the sky could be the ticket to ending the week-long search, but you can't unset a precedent. [The Express via Matt Novak, Adam Pash]

http://gizmodo.com/5983175

Im going to take an easy stance here: They wont fire on him with a drone.

Originally Posted by oudavid1 View Post
    Im going to take an easy stance here: They wont fire on him with a drone.
    Lol, LAPD has already fired at at least two innocent vehicles. I wouldn't rule any thing out.

I would say it would depend on where he's at, how armed he appears to be and how fortified his position is. If he's at a cabin or some shit in the middle of the mountains that hard to access and/or an extremely dangerous approach for officers, I could see a drone being used to fire upon him and we'll have a new pivot point in this country.

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

Christopher Dorner, the ex-LAPD cop who allegedly killed three people has been on the run, successfully evading police, for over a week. To finally track him down, it seems that law enforcement is pulling out all the stops. According to the Express, Dorner is now a target for drones, among the first ever on U.S. soil.

The Express quotes a "senior police source" as having said:

The thermal imaging cameras the drones use may be our only hope of finding him. On the ground, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Riverside Police Chief Sergio Diaz, a joint leader of the force tasked with finding Dorner, has confirmed—though not explicitly—and is quoted as saying "We are using all the tools at our disposal." And a third, vague conformation comes from Customs and Border Patrol spokesman Ralph DeSio who is quoted as saying the agency is on the "forefront of domestic use of drones by law enforcement," while declining to elaborate further.

It wouldn't be the first time drones have ever been involved in a law enforcement operation in the U.S. As early as 2011 there was an incident in which Predator drones hunted down fugitives and directly lead to their ultimate arrest. Still, the practice is far from widespread. Presumably, the drones looking for Dorner's heat signature are unarmed. Presumably.

Should armed drones actually be authorized to fire on Dorner, then it would be a first, and frankly a terrifying precedent. And considering all the collateral damage that's already happened, adding drone fire to the mix would be a horrible idea. Unmanned eyes in the sky could be the ticket to ending the week-long search, but you can't unset a precedent. [The Express via Matt Novak, Adam Pash]

http://gizmodo.com/5983175
    It's only bad if Bush authorized it....
    2 users like SoCaliSooner's post: fdubzou, kssooner

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/10/us/lap...html?hpt=hp_t1

$1 million reward for his capture and conviction. Who's heading to LA?

Originally Posted by OUfanINtulsa View Post

What's the worst that could happen?

Drones? Geez, the more I hear about this situation the bigger my tinfoil hat gets.
    The following users like this post: Aldebaran

I have a feeling they aren't planning for a conviction.

Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    I have a feeling they aren't planning for a conviction.
    They've already fired on at least 2 vehicles without even seeing a gun or knowing who they were shooting at. They aren't looking to arrest him, they are looking to assassinate him. That's not really something the police are supposed to do in this country. I sincerely hope that he ends up dead. Regardless, they've shown with their actions that they aren't going to worry about if he brandishes a weapon or attempts to fire on them. They will just shoot him on sight. Hopefully, they get him before they shoot anymore innocents, or wreck any more private property.

****ing Wild Wild West out there

****ing Wild Wild West out there
    Yup, and this dumbshit wins every time they shoot up innocents.

87 will take care of this.
    2 users like bushmaster06's post: DHF, fdubzou

If I'm a heavy set bald black man living in southern California I am staying the hell off the street
    2 users like OU Sam's post: Shooter, usaosooner

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    But, he'll give the money to the church. He doesn't need any more money.
    The following users like this post: bushmaster06

Originally Posted by OU Sam View Post
    If I'm a heavy set bald black man living in southern California I am staying the hell off the street

Or two small oriental women
    The following users like this post: mgsooner

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    interesting that he spent time at vance afb here in enid...
    if we cross paths.....i have no plans to flee....

Originally Posted by Shooterms View Post
    But, he'll give the money to the church. He doesn't need any more money.
    i don't know what i'd do with another $million....