OU Uniform history, changes, blasphemy

Posted 654 day(s) ago by ozz85806 Views 1214 Replies
Page 15 of 25 5 13 14 15 16 17

Originally Posted by GoldenEagleSooner View Post
    Just for reference, I posted this almost two months ago...if something does come out on Thursday.
    The 09 Pro Combat fauxback we wore when we got our asses kicked in Lubbock? Would look weird with our normal helmet and trousers. That's what it looks like, anyway.

Originally Posted by StiffArmTrophy View Post
    Let's just say the RRS will feature a road whites jersey that is "different" than normal. I saw a person with knowledge ask a player about the jersies and the play said "what jersies?" Winked, smiled, and walked away. The person then showed me a picture that he had taken of the jersey (it was Blake Bells). Also, yes the kid knew the player as they conversed and the player knew the kids first name. I'll be the first to say I didn't mind the new jersies. As long as they look as good on the field as they do in the picture.
    I bought a new OU polo yesterday, and the lady at the store showed me an away jersey with gold outline around the numbers. There was also a gold patch on the right breast area. She said its the jersey the team will wear in the RRR. I thought she was full of shit because she was kinda weird. Maybe not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Wonder what the gold is commemorating.

Originally Posted by LASooner View Post
    Then show the photo or shut up.
    No photo since as I stated it was on the persons phone not mine. If I would have gotten it I would have posted it. If the jersies aren't real then he trolled the shit out of me. Even the respective player was trolling me.

Originally Posted by Lake_Bum View Post
    I bought a new OU polo yesterday, and the lady at the store showed me an away jersey with gold outline around the numbers. There was also a gold patch on the right breast area. She said its the jersey the team will wear in the RRR. I thought she was full of shit because she was kinda weird. Maybe not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    That is the exact jersey I was shown.

Aren't we the visitors on Saturday? I guess it will be white and not red tops?

Originally Posted by silverwheels View Post
    The Golden Hat staying in Norman for another year.
    3 users like oorah_okie's post: CalSOONER, NorvellsMustache, S00NER14

Originally Posted by silverwheels View Post
    Maybe us winning the golden hat again.

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    The Golden Hat staying in Norman for another year.
    Damn you beat me to it

I wouldn't say I'm a traditionalist because I love what Oregon, Baylor, Arizona St., etc. are all doing with their unis, but I don't think that would fit our program's identity, but I can handle gold if we're adding a new color. Still want white helmets asap tho.

Also I think we could pull off black if done correctly. Maybe gradient numbering that fades from white to red? That way we don't look like Tech.

Really do need to bring these back sometime.
    6 users like KMsooners28's post: BoulderSooner, gargoyle, OKIE, PresidentRebman, silverwheels, usaosooner

Originally Posted by PresidentRebman View Post
    I wouldn't say I'm a traditionalist because I love what Oregon, Baylor, Arizona St., etc. are all doing with their unis, but I don't think that would fit our program's identity, but I can handle gold if we're adding a new color. Still want white helmets asap tho.

Also I think we could pull off black if done correctly. Maybe gradient numbering that fades from white to red? That way we don't look like Tech.
    Gradient numbers suck, though.

I just think replacing the white in our uniforms with cream would give us a more distinctive brand. Don't have to make any radical changes to the uniform.

I'd rock a crimson hoodie with cream Oklahoma lettering. It's the perfect time in OUs history to make a change like that.

There's a reason cream has never been used in football.

It doesn't look good.
    4 users like oorah_okie's post: DHF, El Jefe, SECsooner, Sooner Jake

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    There's a reason cream has never been used in football.

It doesn't look good.
    Hockey? Yes
    Baseball? Absolutely
    Football? lolno

Keep the colors, just add a white helmet and red pants, and for the love of God, DO NOT WEAR CRIMSON/CRIMSON/CRIMSON.

Originally Posted by DHF View Post
    Hockey? Yes
    Baseball? Absolutely
    Football? lolno

Keep the colors, just add a white helmet and red pants, and for the love of God, DO NOT WEAR CRIMSON/CRIMSON/CRIMSON.

We've never tried it with modern uniforms. How would you know?

It just seems silly to say that a color works in another sport...are you serious? A color combination is going to work or not work regardless of what sport it's being utilized in. The only difference is it's been used in other sports and worked, it's never been tried in football. Much more painful color combinations have been utilized at other schools for alts, and we seem to be the only major school not doing a yearly alternate uniform, why not give it a shot. They are our official colors after all.

There are like five schools that use crimson and white as a color scheme, it can't hurt to try and separate from that crowd.

i'll be disappointed if we ever have black or gray uni's. I hate them. Not against alternates, in fact i want a fauxback. just not tire tread or neb type crap.

Hockey? Yes
    Baseball? Absolutely
    Football? lolno

Agree except For the love please WEAR the Crimson/Crimson/Crimson combo!!!
    The following users like this post: CalSOONER

Originally Posted by RedDirt717 View Post
    We've never tried it with modern uniforms. How would you know?

It just seems silly to say that a color works in another sport...are you serious? A color combination is going to work or not work regardless of what sport it's being utilized in. The only difference is it's been used in other sports and worked, it's never been tried in football. Much more painful color combinations have been utilized at other schools for alts, and we seem to be the only major school not doing a yearly alternate uniform, why not give it a shot. They are our official colors after all.

There are like five schools that use crimson and white as a color scheme, it can't hurt to try and separate from that crowd.
    Yes, because other sports use different fabrics for their uniforms, and the fabrics do make a difference.

Originally Posted by Sooner Jake View Post
    Agree except For the love please WEAR the Crimson/Crimson/Crimson combo!!!
    It looks terrible.

2 users like DHF's post: DirtySouth_Sooner, hawkdriver

It looks terrible.

I like it for one game! Looks way better than black or cream!

It's good to see that after all this time this thread is as fresh as ever.
    The following users like this post: SoonerBeerSnob

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    It's good to see that after all this time this thread is as fresh as ever.
    well we can only make unfounded re-alignment speculation so long before it gets repetitive, so we come here to re-hash arguments on a different topic.
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

3 users like GoldenEagleSooner's post: boomhorn., hawkdriver, usaosooner

would buy. Free is my favorite shoe to run in

More pics:

interesting on the gold...

So the gold trim is another way for Nike to make a few more bucks. Now it makes perfect sense.

Originally Posted by hawkdriver View Post
    would buy. Free is my favorite shoe to run in
    Free is the last word that comes to mind seeing those.
    2 users like KCRuf/Nek's post: Mixer!, NorvellsMustache

I think the gold is gonna be sweet
    The following users like this post: BoulderSooner

More pics:

so, the blog says these shoes will be released tomorrow. If anyone see these at a store in Norman, post it here please. I badly need new running shoes and these are the them.

So crimson numbers/lettering with gold outline? Sounds like Florida State to me. Are pants stripes going to be changed in some way?

Black out tribute

I would love to see us do a "blacked out" uni for just one game. Possibly some kind of tribute (like when Bob Barry passed or Coach Switzer hopefully a long time from now). Maybe some initials on the lapel or sticker on the back of the helmet.

Just do it one time though, so that whenever you see a picture of it from now until forever you know what game it was for and why.

Other than that, I don't mind flecks in the crimson or whatever, just don't turn us into Maryland/Oregon please.

More pics:
    I'm thinking Arby's...
    3 users like oorah_okie's post: Camel at Sea, hawkdriver, traxx

Like it.

i do too. not what i REALLY wanted. but i like it.

eh.... i might pick up the shoes though!

I like it. Is the gold for something special or just a Nike gimmick?

Originally Posted by StiffArmTrophy View Post
    That is the exact jersey I was shown.
    Why couldn't you just say that, then? You come on here with the "I know something you don't know" attitude but you don't say anything concrete. You just drop a bunch of hints. If you couldn't show a picture, you could've just said what Lake Bum said; gold around the numbers and a gold patch. How difficult is that?

To those saying white helmets. Why would we do that against Texas? We don't want 22 white helmets running around on the field. You want your helmet and jersey color to be as different as possible from your opponent so that your QB can make quicker reads. Anything that would make your QB hesitate, even for a split second, could make the difference in a game. The only way I see it happening against Texas is if they were burnt orange helmets.
    2 users like traxx's post: eyeballjr, NorvellsMustache

Traxx, I would not be in favor of wearing white helmets against a team that also wears white helmets.

Big Rivalry Game. Another way for Nike to make money. I am sure UT will do the same as well.

So both teams are adding gold to their normal unis?

Meh. Doesn't do much for me.

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Why couldn't you just say that, then? You come on here with the "I know something you don't know" attitude but you don't say anything concrete. You just drop a bunch of hints. If you couldn't show a picture, you could've just said what Lake Bum said; gold around the numbers and a gold patch. How difficult is that?

To those saying white helmets. Why would we do that against Texas? We don't want 22 white helmets running around on the field. You want your helmet and jersey color to be as different as possible from your opponent so that your QB can make quicker reads. Anything that would make your QB hesitate, even for a split second, could make the difference in a game. The only way I see it happening against Texas is if they were burnt orange helmets.

I didn't come here with anything insinuating the I know something you don't know mentality. You got it all wrong son. I was giving the heads up and was proven right when several douches were calling me out.

so Texas is mixing gold with their burnt orange?

Saw the replica jersey in the bookstore just now. Kind of a let down honestly, I was expecting much more than some gold trim.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by ousooner_4 View Post
    so Texas is mixing gold with their burnt orange?
    If so, it has the potential to be absolutely disgusting. Plus their jerseys aren't actually burnt orange, just a normal orange

I want all gold errthang. If we're going gold make everything gold even their skin. Example. Gold dust. I want them so gold it looks like they just climbed out of a leprechauns ass.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

Love it

Too much like U$C.