'14 RB Samaje Perine - Verbal

Posted 631 day(s) ago 27768 Views 259 Replies
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3

Recruitment '14 RB Samaje Perine - Verbal

This is the big one.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...-Perine-133509

5-11, 213. Hendrickson High School, Pflugerville, Texas

Has offers from Alabama,Tennessee,Arkansas,Nebraska,TCU Purdue, Houston.
    Rivals 4 star
    Last edited by usaosooner; March 14th, 2013 at 10:57 PM. Reason: moved

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    This is the big one.

5-11, 213. Hendrickson High School, Pflugerville, Texas

Has offers from Tennessee, Purdue, Houston.
    He is a big boy for his height.

I like that the kid initiates the contact

This will be on hell of a recruiting battle between Cale and Bama's RB coach.
    The following users like this post: VRO405

'14 RB Samaje Perine Offer

Originally Posted by SoonerDan74012 View Post
    I believe Pflugerville is a suburb of Austin, so UT will probably make a big push for the kid once they offer.

Originally Posted by SoonerDan74012 View Post
    I was thinking this too... He just looks like a "Bama back"

Originally Posted by VRO405 View Post
    I was thinking this too... He just looks like a "Bama back"
    yep, the one positive is his hs offense looks a lot like what OU runs. hopefully damien/clay have huge a huge year next year so cale can sell him on that, too. it also doesn't hurt that bama has yeldon who'll still have a year left after this year and then 2 or 3 big time guys coming in while OU graduates 3 guys after this year.

I believe Pflugerville is a suburb of Austin, so UT will probably make a big push for the kid once they offer.
    He's originally from a small town by Mobile, Alabama. Grew up an Alabama fan and has said that's the offer he wants the most.

With all that said, he attended our Jr Day and sounds like he may make it to the Spring Game. He also said in an interview this week that we are his Number 1 right now. Hopefully he sees that we graduate 3 Sr RB's and that Bama's rotation is all going to be Soph. and Freshmen.
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie

The disguised ginger, Toby, will hate to have to pronounce his name during games.

I believe US Americans have maps, but don't know how to use them.

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    The disguised ginger, Toby, will hate to have to pronounce his name during games.
    som-jay pur-nee ?
    Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    I believe US Americans have maps, but don't know how to use them.
    Well, since you mentioned it, I did Google Pflugerville immediately after.

Nag.....a

naga....hee

uhh nagonna work her anymore
    2 users like madbrad's post: BleeOU1, danbear45

Can't find any season highlight video, but if you YT search his name, you'll find a playlist of individual game highlights, which go all the way back to his jr high days.

From an ESPN guy
    Max Olson‏@max_olson

Big thanks to Coach Killian for letting me visit Hendrickson. #Sooners in very good shape for RB Samaje Perine

Excellent

Can we just just clone Cale???? Lol

so are we definitely going to take 2 RB's in this class? If so Starks and Perine wouldn't be a bad combo at all.

I heard Bama was his favorite school growing up.

Originally Posted by oudidntknow84 View Post
    I heard Bama was his favorite school growing up.
    It is. As huntinsooner pointed out, he's originally from the Mobile, AL area.

Vodnik, any luck finding this kid's Twitter, if he has one?
    The following users like this post: huntinsooner

Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    From an ESPN guy
    I believe Olson is a UT guy as well.

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    I believe Olson is a UT guy as well.
    He's basically Bob Przybylo's counterpart at HookEm Nation.

New ESPN insider with: Basically he loves Bama cause they are a childhood favorite and he is visiting there this weekend. HOWEVER he knows they signed 4 RBs last cycle and OU only signed one and we are graduating 3 (Clay,Williams,Finch) Very smart kid

"“Right now, OU has a big advantage just because of their numbers and the opportunities there,” Perine said. “But we’re just going to see how it plays out.”

"[Gundy]'s a great guy. Straightforward. Doesn’t sugarcoat anything,” Perine said. “He knows what he wants and tries to go get it. Their whole coaching staff, I think that’s the most impressive thing about OU.” "
    6 users like usaosooner's post: 2SBTM, andymancan20, oorah_okie, Sooner94, Vodnik, VRO405

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    New ESPN insider with: Basically he loves Bama cause they are a childhood favorite and he is visiting there this weekend. HOWEVER he knows they signed 4 RBs last cycle and OU only signed one and we are graduating 3 (Clay,Williams,Finch) Very smart kid

"“Right now, OU has a big advantage just because of their numbers and the opportunities there,” Perine said. “But we’re just going to see how it plays out.”

"[Gundy]'s a great guy. Straightforward. Doesn’t sugarcoat anything,” Perine said. “He knows what he wants and tries to go get it. Their whole coaching staff, I think that’s the most impressive thing about OU.” "
    Just read that...also Bama has like 8 rb's on campus and one of the top kids for next year...he knows that we have good kids but we don't have 8 to deal with...the guys think we have a great shot at him and we need it...get him and starks and move on to other positions

Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    Just read that...also Bama has like 8 rb's on campus and one of the top kids for next year...he knows that we have good kids but we don't have 8 to deal with...the guys think we have a great shot at him and we need it...get him and starks and move on to other positions
    get him and Starks and give Gundy a f'n raise...the dude has brought in some serious talent and continues to do so...pull in these 2 and that would be an amazing haul by him yet again

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    get him and Starks and give Gundy a f'n raise...the dude has brought in some serious talent and continues to do so...pull in these 2 and that would be an amazing haul by him yet again
    If OU could pull him and Starks it would be damn incredible. I think their running styles would be a very nice compliment to each other.

I'm sure I'll get fried for this, but I'm just not that impressed with him. He's not fast, not overly quick, but he's just strong enough to run over high school competition. D1 guys will track his ass down in a heartbeat, and D1 athletes are strong enough to bring him down.

Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    I'm sure I'll get fried for this, but I'm just not that impressed with him. He's not fast, not overly quick, but he's just strong enough to run over high school competition. D1 guys will track his ass down in a heartbeat, and D1 athletes are strong enough to bring him down.
    he's coming off an mcl/acl injury so his season started slowly but ended really well...he should keep gaining all that speed back plus sometimes you just need a bruiser to go get those few yards...sans Millard we don't have a great short run yardage guy who can really take a beating although Clay is starting to progress to that

Well, he did recover and rehab from both an ACL and MCL tear in the same amount of time as AD. What's the level of competion he faces in TX HS football? I assume being an Austin suburb, Hendrickson HS has got to be in the top class?

Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    he's coming off an mcl/acl injury so his season started slowly but ended really well...he should keep gaining all that speed back plus sometimes you just need a bruiser to go get those few yards...sans Millard we don't have a great short run yardage guy who can really take a beating although Clay is starting to progress to that
    Just curious, but any idea how fast he actually was before his injury? I saw highlights from '11 that looked identical to the 2012 highlights (body language-wise), so that's where my opinion comes from.

We've seen Millard outrun some college folks, but I don't see that speed from Perine. And yeah, Clay really started to embrace that short-yardage role quite well this season. I was impressed.

Well, he did recover and rehab from both an ACL and MCL tear in the same amount of time as AD. What's the level of competion he faces in TX HS football? I assume being an Austin suburb, Hendrickson HS has got to be in the top class?
    Yeah, Pflugerville is 5A, so the competition is solid.

his highlights arent nearly as impressive as Starks, but hes prolly seeing better competition. if the coaches offered him this early, they must be pretty impressed with him

Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    While I agree, If he wants to be here you gotta take him. But If I got to choose, I would rather has Starks and the kid from cali.
    Last edited by oudidntknow84; February 21st, 2013 at 04:56 PM.

remind anyone else of Jerald Moore?
    The following users like this post: OUfootball

@max_olson
    Pflugerville Hendrickson RB Samaje Perine (@samajp32) offered by Alabama. Big deal for a kid who grew up in that state.

^As expected.

Found his Twitter, looks like really enjoyed Bama's jr day. I did find this gem back from Feb 3,

@max_olson
    Pflugerville Hendrickson RB Samaje Perine (@samajp32) offered by Alabama. Big deal for a kid who grew up in that state.
    And here we go.

with that stacked RB depth chart, surely that has to help...I understand he's a Bama fan but they grabbed 4 RBs last year

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    with that stacked RB depth chart, surely that has to help...I understand he's a Bama fan but they grabbed 4 RBs last year
    Like usao pointed, he's smart kid. Reading that ESPN article about him and his comments about want to compete, but realizing that Bama is loaded and getting playing time there would be a tall order even for the elite, really gives me hope that we'll land him. Sucks that we don't have any great home games thi year to bring him to, yet Bama will have home games against Tennessee (old rivalry game) and LSU (new rivalry game).

We still lead after his bama visit and offer..

The following users like this post: CrimsonOberon

That's not something we hear very often

So Starks, Mixon, Perine and Stockton are all on the radar... Thats a lot of running backs. Which one(s) are we pulling for the most?

Personally I say Starks and perine if you only take 2

Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    Personally I say Starks and perine if you only take 2
    yes, this...give us those 2 and move onto next year...hell of a haul by Cale if he gets it

Kid ain't a Bama lock no more.

whoa, on Soonerscoop it looks like from the front page headline that Josh is insinuating that Perine could commit this weekend. Anyone else hearing the same??

Originally Posted by ben.woods1986 View Post
    whoa, on Soonerscoop it looks like from the front page headline that Josh is insinuating that Perine could commit this weekend. Anyone else hearing the same??
    I doubt it...but I think the kid is interested in OU. I don't think he likes ALL of the RBs in Alabama. lol...I wouldn't either if I was a RB. I think this kid and Starks talk a bit too.

Nole, I know you post on soonerscoop too. Is Josh optimistic that Perine will commit?