That thing that never happens?

Posted 629 day(s) ago 2125 Views 109 Replies
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Seems to keep happening.

The Voter Fraud That ‘Never Happens’ Keeps Coming Back

Democrat Melowese Richardson has been an official poll worker for the last quarter century and registered thousands of people to vote last year. She candidly admitted to Cincinnati’s Channel 9 this week that she voted twice in the last election.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...back-john-fund

Democrats vote early vote often you might get two obama phones.

And she also had "power of attorney" for someone else to vote for them. Another person registered at her address "is there from time to time." And it sounds like she may have completed the 18 year olds absentee ballot. What a disgrace.

I bet it never happened in a republican race either

Originally Posted by TheLadiesMike View Post
    And she also had "power of attorney" for someone else to vote for them. Another person registered at her address "is there from time to time." And it sounds like she may have completed the 18 year olds absentee ballot. What a disgrace.
    she is a loser

Originally Posted by lokifz1 View Post
    Democrats vote early vote often you might get two obama phones.
    It's either Reagan phone or Bush phone depending on if its a landline or cell. Get it right.

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I bet it never happened in a republican race either
    Relevance? Do you think I would be any less opposed to voter fraud if the majority of offenders were pubs?

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Relevance? Do you think I would be any less opposed to voter fraud if the majority of offenders were pubs?
    Seems high profile cons get a pass:

http://www.alternet.org/story/151298...aud?paging=off

IMO the more relevant issue is not WHO is committing voter fraud, but rather who is standing in the way of proposed reforms that would help prevent or reduce voter fraud? One party is advocating "Let's fix this" and the other party is saying "Fix what?"
    3 users like tcrb's post: Gonzo, KCRuf/Nek, oucub23

Originally Posted by tcrb View Post
    IMO the more relevant issue is not WHO is committing voter fraud, but rather who is standing in the way of proposed reforms that would help prevent or reduce voter fraud? One party is advocating "Let's fix this" and the other party is saying "Fix what?"
    In order to fix something it must first be substantiated with evidence. The Brennan Law Center study cited in the opening story link sourced the US DoJ records which showed 38 cases in three years (2003-2006) fourteen of which were dismissed pre-trial. This issue was the priorty of the Gonzalez-led DoJ in the Bush 43 Administration the case numbers of which bore out that mass voting fraud as illustrated in the frequently crowed conservative meme did not in fact exist. The individual quoted in the piece admits to voting in person and voting absentee ballot. The article did not indicate if absentee ballots in Ohio were even counted. It also did not reveal any actionable evidence of anything resembling mass voter fraud.

http://www.brennancenter.org/publica...ut-voter-fraud

Originally Posted by StanOU View Post
    In order to fix something it must first be substantiated with evidence. The Brennan Law Center study cited in the opening story link sourced the US DoJ records which showed 38 cases in three years (2003-2006) fourteen of which were dismissed pre-trial. This issue was the priorty of the Gonzalez-led DoJ in the Bush 43 Administration the case numbers of which bore out that mass voting fraud as illustrated in the frequently crowed conservative meme did not in fact exist. The individual quoted in the piece admits to voting in person and voting absentee ballot. The article did not indicate if absentee ballots in Ohio were even counted. It also did not reveal any actionable evidence of anything resembling mass voter fraud.

http://www.brennancenter.org/publica...ut-voter-fraud
    ...."Fix what?"

Thanks for punctuating my point.

On edit: And it really doesn't matter if absentee ballots were counted or not....evidence is that several people voted illegally....that's voter fraud by any definition. And it doesn't have to be widespread to affect the outcome of an election...just ask Norm Coleman.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

"And it really doesn't matter if absentee ballots were counted or not....evidence is that several people voted illegally....that's voter fraud by any definition. And it doesn't have to be widespread to affect the outcome of an election...just ask Norm Coleman."

In that case it is time to present it to the local DA and see if it merits prosecution. If more is netted than aspersions and rumors we'll see if it stands up under scrutiny in court then see if it is enough to overturn an election result. Poor old Norm Coleman should have made his case when he had the chance. Apparently he didn't have enough legit proof to do so.

Fix what?

How Widespread is Voter Fraud? | 2012 Facts & Figures

Here are the facts:

To date, 46 states have prosecuted or convicted cases of voter fraud.
    More than 24 million voter registrations are invalid, yet remain on the rolls nation-wide.
    There are over 1.8 million dead voters still eligible on the rolls across the country.
    More than 2.75 million Americans are registered to vote in more than one state.
    True The Vote recently found 99 cases of potential felony interstate voter fraud.
    Maryland affiliates of True The Vote uncovered cases of people registering and voting after their respective deaths.
    This year, True The Vote uncovered more than 348,000 dead people on the rolls in 27 states.
    California: 49,000
    Florida: 30,000
    Texas: 28,500
    Michigan: 25,000
    Illinois: 24,000
    12 Indiana counties have more registered voters than residents.
    The Ohio Secretary of State admitted that multiple Ohio counties have more registered voters than residents.
    Federal records showed 160 counties in 19 states have over 100 percent voter registration.
    The Florida New Majority Education Fund, Democratic Party of Florida and the National Council of La Raza are currently under investigation for alleged voter registration fraud.

How popular is Voter ID?

74 percent of Americans support, according to The Washington Post.
    71 percent of Latinos support it, according to the PEW Research Center.
    link
    The following users like this post: Gonzo

Originally Posted by Troker View Post
    It's either Reagan phone or Bush phone depending on if its a landline or cell. Get it right.
    It was right you post nonsense.

Originally Posted by StanOU View Post
    Seems high profile cons get a pass:

http://www.alternet.org/story/151298...aud?paging=off
    Voting from the wrong address is not the same thing as voting twice. I know a sitting state rep that didn't move his registration for 2 years--the day filing ended he moved his residence. A lot of people do that--it's far different than voting multiple times.

I will only support voter ID if this card is supplied for free. Poll taxes are illegal and I REFUSE to show a card to prove who I am.

Originally Posted by azwe View Post
    I will only support voter ID if this card is supplied for free. Poll taxes are illegal and I REFUSE to show a card to prove who I am.
    i had to show my driver's license which i had to pay for.

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    i had to show my driver's license which i had to pay for.
    What are you supposed to do if you do not drive?

Originally Posted by lokifz1 View Post
    It was right you post nonsense.
    Lifeline was created in 1985 under Reagan and expanded to include cell phones in 2008 under W. Bush. It's either a Reagan phone or Bush phone. Just make sure you check the facts before regurgitating drivel from chain emails you read, it's not a good look.

Lifeline was created in 1985 under Reagan and expanded to include cell phones in 2008 under W. Bush. It's either a Reagan phone or Bush phone. Just make sure you check the facts before regurgitating drivel from chain emails you read, it's not a good look.
    They are referred to as Obama phones b/c of the youtube video.

They are referred to as Obama phones b/c of the youtube video.
    That doesn't make it any more or less accurate

A chain email certainly circulated concerning the phones that wasn't related to the Youtube video. I've received it from multiple family members. Adam Putnam also said "...We've got to drag people to the polls. That's what they're doing. You don't have to offer them cell phones like they're doing." at a Romney campaign rally.
    The following users like this post: OnlyOneOklahoma

Stop with that. Surely you're smarter than that.

That doesn't make it any more or less accurate

A chain email certainly circulated concerning the phones that wasn't related to the Youtube video. I've received it from multiple family members. Adam Putnam also said "...We've got to drag people to the polls. That's what they're doing. You don't have to offer them cell phones like they're doing." at a Romney campaign rally.
    Be that as it may, the ophone ref is a meme based on the video. It's not about accuracy--it's about mockery.

It's not about accuracy--it's about mockery.
    Ladies and gentlemen - american politics! (both sides)
    The following users like this post: oucub23

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post

What would lead you to think that?

I'm smart enough to know when a conservative wants to tax a right protected by the constitution.

I'm smart enough to know when a conservative wants to tax a right protected by the constitution.
    What's wrong - you forget to mention Jim Crow? This coming from a person that worships a man that uses the Constitution to wipe his ass.

Voting from the wrong address is not the same thing as voting twice. I know a sitting state rep that didn't move his registration for 2 years--the day filing ended he moved his residence. A lot of people do that--it's far different than voting multiple times.
    Duly noted, but in this specific case it comes down to if 19 cases constitutes "massive fraud." As it turns out, if all these 19 alleged cases stand up under scrutiny it amounts to 0.0045% of the number of votes cast in that county.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-an...ter?paging=off

What's wrong - you forget to mention Jim Crow? This coming from a person that worships a man that uses the Constitution to wipe his ass.
    Are you a constitutional scholar? Do you teach constitutional law at Yale Law School?

Originally Posted by tcrb View Post
    Fix what?

link
    I just have to ask where did the Tea Party, er, TrueTheVote get those numbers?

http://www.factcheck.org/2013/01/voting-conspiracies/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Sources

Burton, Terry, director of the Wood County, Ohio, Board of Elections. Email interview with FactCheck.org. 9 Jan 2013.

Wood County, Ohio. Official Results, Nov. 6, 2012, General Election. 27 Nov 2012.

Ohio Secretary of State. Elections & Voting. President and Vice President: November 6, 2012. Official Results. website accessed 16 Jan 2012.

Ohio Secretary of State. Elections & Voting. Historical Comparisons. website accessed 16 Jan 2012.

United States Census Bureau. State & County QuickFacts. Wood County, Ohio. Census.gov. accessed 15 Jan 2012.

St. Lucie County. Statement of Votes Cast. 2012 General Election, November 6, 2012. St. Lucie County Supervisor of Elections website. 12 Nov 2012.

St. Lucie County. Statement of Votes Cast. 2012 General Election, November 6, 2012. St. Lucie County Supervisor of Elections website. 10 Nov 2012.

St. Lucie County Supervisor of Elections, Gertrude Walker. slcelections.com website. accessed 15 Jan 2012.

Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections. General Election, results by precinct, 2012. pbcelections.org, accessed 15 Jan 2012.

National Conference of State Legislatures. Voter Identification Requirements. ncsl.org. accessed 15 Jan 2012.

2012 Presidential Election Results. washingtonpost.com. accessed 15 Jan 2012.

Florida Division of Elections. General Voting Information. 2012.

Hill, Miriam, et. al. “In 59 Philadelphia voting divisions, Mitt Romney got zero votes.” Philadelphia Inquirer. 31 Dec 2012.

Philadelphia County. Citywide Election Results. accessed 15 Jan 2013.
    --------------------------------------------------

Where is Will McAvoy when you need him....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1dCyMIVE7U

What are you supposed to do if you do not drive?
    i.d. card i suppose.

Those days are OVER! Time to move on because you're the one that wants to wipe his ass with the Constitution.

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    i.d. card i suppose.
    Who's going to pay for that? Certainly not me because I refuse to pay a tax to vote.

Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    Are you a constitutional scholar? Do you teach constitutional law at Yale Law School?
    No but i respect it a helluva lot more than the Dumb **** does.

Who's going to pay for that? Certainly not me because I refuse to pay a tax to vote.
    Just curious. When you go to Blockbuster and have to show your ID do you squeal like this and cry about who is going to pay? When you go to the doctor? When you use your credit card? When you pick up your tickets at will call do you tell them they are racist when they ask for your ID? What about at you supposed job? When someone picks up a script - maybe a controlled substance - do you feel like Massah keeping Toby down by axing for an ID? How do you feel about "paying a tax" for all of those?

No but i respect it a helluva lot more than the Dumb **** does.
    That "dumb ****" (awesome name-calling, by the way) was the President of Harvard Law Review and a tenured constitutional law professor at the University of Chicago, one of the top (and most conservative) law schools in the country. Now please post your credentials that support your expertise in constitutional law.

Just curious. When you go to Blockbuster and have to show your ID do you squeal like this and cry about who is going to pay? When you go to the doctor? When you use your credit card? When you pick up your tickets at will call do you tell them they are racist when they ask for your ID? What about at you supposed job? When someone picks up a script - maybe a controlled substance - do you feel like Massah keeping Toby down by axing for an ID? How do you feel about "paying a tax" for all of those?
    Hahaha you're so ****ing stupid it's pathetic. You don't have a Constitutional right to Blockbuster, a doctor's visit, or a controlled substance. Get it through your thick ****ing skull that poll taxes are ILLEGAL. This is why you dumb motherfuckers lost the election last year because you have zero respect for the rights of others and the American people see that.

Hahaha you're so ****ing stupid it's pathetic. You don't have a Constitutional right to Blockbuster, a doctor's visit, or a controlled substance. Get it through your thick ****ing skull that poll taxes are ILLEGAL. This is why you dumb motherfuckers lost the election last year because you have zero respect for the rights of others and the American people see that.
    Free IDs are opposed too. Go take a Valium.

Free IDs are opposed too. Go take a Valium.
    By who?

By who?
    By the dumb motherfuckers that won the election. They are even opposed to it when rides to get the free IDs are offered. Face it. You can't cheat if you have to play by the rules. Funny. It never mattered before the left ran on division and racism. It has nothing to do with zero respect for people's rights. Ask the Trampler in Chief about that.

You are correct. It is a right. A right belonging to citizens with the LEGAL right to vote. Not illegals, felons(Al Franken anyone?), dead people, Micky Mouse, or someone wanting to vote more than once. If you are a legal citizen you should have some sort of ID. Funny it's not racist when having to show ID to get welfare and food stamps.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/news...,4922929.story

Second defendant admits guilt in ballot petition case

Just playing devils advocate here, because I know this would open a Pandora's Box, but we should just do biometric ID for voters. The tech is there. It would cut down voter fraud. Just have to re-register when you are voting the first time it's implemented.

Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    Just playing devils advocate here, because I know this would open a Pandora's Box, but we should just do biometric ID for voters. The tech is there. It would cut down voter fraud. Just have to re-register when you are voting the first time it's implemented.
    Interesting choice of advocacy there ...

How would voter ID's prevent people from forging petitions, which is what your link was about cub?

Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    How would voter ID's prevent people from forging petitions, which is what your link was about cub?
    Ask the Doc. He's wanting to put the mark of the beast on us all.

Interesting choice of advocacy there ...
    It creates some other problems and privacy debates that I would have issues with. But it is a solution.

By the dumb motherfuckers that won the election. They are even opposed to it when rides to get the free IDs are offered. Face it. You can't cheat if you have to play by the rules. Funny. It never mattered before the left ran on division and racism. It has nothing to do with zero respect for people's rights. Ask the Trampler in Chief about that.

You are correct. It is a right. A right belonging to citizens with the LEGAL right to vote. Not illegals, felons(Al Franken anyone?), dead people, Micky Mouse, or someone wanting to vote more than once. If you are a legal citizen you should have some sort of ID. Funny it's not racist when having to show ID to get welfare and food stamps.
    If you want people to show an ID to vote for President (NOT a Constitutionally protected right, by the way) it means you are a racist and you hate poor people and old people and you are depriving them of their rights. If you want them to show an ID to buy a gun (which IS a Constitutionally protected right) well.... all of a sudden none of that applies anymore.
    Funny how that works.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...=Share+Buttons

THIS COUNTY HAD 124% MORE REGISTERED VOTERS THAN ELIGIBLE VOTERS – COUNTING DEAD PEOPLE AND FELONS

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...=Share+Buttons

THIS COUNTY HAD 124% MORE REGISTERED VOTERS THAN ELIGIBLE VOTERS – COUNTING DEAD PEOPLE AND FELONS
    Not really a problem unless they are voting.

What legislation and requisite funding are you willing to stomach to ensure that the voting rolls at each election are 100% accurate. A federal database of deaths that must be immediately updated by any coroner's office? Supplying every polling place with a wireless Internet connected computer to check up to the second results? A chip in your arm?

I also don't trust the blaze to know how to properly utilize the percentages they cite in an honest way.

Lets just say I doubt that there were 124% more than...probably the population of registered voters was 124% of eligible voters.