Attendance record OU vs KU

Posted 570 day(s) ago 1517 Views 41 Replies

Oklahoma vs. Kansas Attendance record OU vs KU

SoonerHoops: One more note from today's game: the paid attendance of 13,490 was a Lloyd Noble Center record. Thank you fans! #Sooners

Originally Posted by tydude View Post
    SoonerHoops: One more note from today's game: the paid attendance of 13,490 was a Lloyd Noble Center record. Thank you fans! #Sooners
    I saw a bunch of empty seats. And maybe it was all the Squawk fans but it could have been a lot louder.
    The following users like this post: brokebacksooner

There were plenty of open seats. No way that was a record. I suppose it could have been a record for seats paid for. Still, it was a ton of fun.

Re: Attendance record OU vs KU

Originally Posted by Mahler View Post
    There were plenty of open seats. No way that was a record. I suppose it could have been a record for seats paid for. Still, it was a ton of fun.
    Paid attendance means amount of tickets sold, not actual attendance inside the LNC.

I think it was in 2003 that I went down there when we beat KU. Now that was a packed house full of screaming people.

I remember going in I think 2000? When Cincinatti was in town with Kenyon Martin and it was ****ing packed to the gills. That was a while ago. I also remember the years with Hollis and co. right around there, Bedlam was always packed, OU/TX, etc.
    Yesterday was nice but nowhere near those crowds.

And the KU fans are ****ing annoying. Probably similar to the OU football superfans who go to every road game. Every made basket was like a game winner. 5 minutes into the game, Withey makes a free throw and their fans go apeshit like he just cured aids.
    5 users like Boognish's post: Bk2X, COLLISON ANGRY, S00NER14, Slappyslapopolus, ultralance12

I remember those Cincy games. Both years we played them right after they got beat and they kicked our ass. Those were some good teams. They might have won it all had Martin not broken his leg.
    The following users like this post: Morningwood

best crowd since Blake left right?

Originally Posted by tydude View Post
    You're welcome. SoonerHoops

Pretty solid crowd

Originally Posted by VRO405 View Post
    Pretty solid crowd
    look great on TV. But there were times when I turned away (I was cooking) and I heard a cheer and it was Kansas fans. They seemed to have traveled well.

This was the loudest crowd in a game I attended after Billy left...I had already moved away by the time that Blake was playing.

All parts are on YouTube.
    3 users like SpankyNek's post: Boognish, cheetah, KyleOU

Good crowd. Not even top 20 all-time, but it's good to be back on the right track.

castiglione should be embarrassed by the fans in blue in the lower bowl....

We were sure a lot better at rushing the court back then.

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    castiglione should be embarrassed by the fans in blue in the lower bowl....
    No. OU fans should be emnarrassed by all the KU fans there. At AFH you can put the opposing fans in a thimble.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    No. OU fans should be emnarrassed by all the KU fans there. At AFH you can put the opposing fans in a thimble.
    KU fans save their money by NOT traveling during football.

Of course they travel well....wouldn't you want to get out of Kansas?

We were sure a lot better at rushing the court back then.
    You should have seen "security" trying to stop them from rushing the court. Twenty kids would rush past a guard and the guard would choose one and grab them, trying to stop them. It was pretty weird, really. Saw someone grab a chair from the band area and throw it.

Originally Posted by Mahler View Post
    You should have seen "security" trying to stop them from rushing the court. Twenty kids would rush past a guard and the guard would choose one and grab them, trying to stop them. It was pretty weird, really. Saw someone grab a chair from the band area and throw it.
    There is a video on the game thread showing it all.

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    There is a video on the game thread showing it all.
    I'll have to check that out. I just thought it was strange.

Originally Posted by I.M. Hipp83 View Post
    Of course they travel well....wouldn't you want to get out of Kansas?
    Not if it meant going to Oklahoma.

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    This was the loudest crowd in a game I attended after Billy left...I had already moved away by the time that Blake was playing.

Funny thing is the attendance for this game was 11K as opposed to the 13K+ "announced" yesterday.

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Not if it meant going to Oklahoma.
    Really? You sure about that? Lol

All those kids in the 95 game probably couldn't wait to celebrate at Brothers.

Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
    All those kids in the 95 game probably couldn't wait to celebrate at Brothers.
    Pretty sure me and mine ended up at O'Connell's...

Btw, still get goose bumps even today seeing Ernie Abercrombie hit that 3 from the corner...

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    Pretty sure me and mine ended up at O'Connell's...

Btw, still get goose bumps even today seeing Ernie Abercrombie hit that 3 from the corner...
    Yep. I hoisted my pledge brother up onto the rim, and he cut down the net. There are a few of us that have a piece, and the main portion ended up with Ryan Minor who wore it around his neck. I remember the place was still rockin as Sampson came back out to do his post game with Bob Barry.

Going undefeated at home that year was awesome, I was at every game (also was at all of the girls games since I was a junior member...Etta Maytubby was an animal)

Really? You sure about that? Lol
    Yes. Kansas > Oklahoma.

Yes. Kansas > Oklahoma.
    Now I've seen some outlandish crazy shit said on this board before... but THAT might top the list. Lol.

Yes. Kansas > Oklahoma.
    Ha! That's rich. Tell us another one!

I remember those Cincy games. Both years we played them right after they got beat and they kicked our ass. Those were some good teams. They might have won it all had Martin not broken his leg.
    We had to stand around the lower bowl walkway during one of those Cincy games. Not an empty seat in the house.

Now I've seen some outlandish crazy shit said on this board before... but THAT might top the list. Lol.
    Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Ha! That's rich. Tell us another one!
    Well if I thought OK was a better place to live than where I do in Kansas then I would live in OK.

Considering KC is about the only place of note in the whole damn state. Sad thing is the good part of KC is in Missouri....

My roots are in west Kansas and I ****ing dread every time I go there...

Even Elk City clowns on west Kansas so I would say no where in Oklahoma is as bad as Kansas. That's not even considering the illegal mexican population...*cough* Liberal/Hugoton *cough*

Well if I thought OK was a better place to live than where I do in Kansas then I would live in OK.
    That's loco on top of loco, mang....

As for the crowd, the amount of blue shirts was rough at the beginning. Fortunately, the Sooners showed up to play and kept the OU crowd in it. Hats off to the students for showing good support for quite a few games now. Last year vs Kansas was brutal when they did their rock chalk chant in our own stadium.

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post

Thanks for posting this, what memories. I loved that team, you talk about playing above yourself, that team did.

Originally Posted by Bk2X View Post
    Considering KC is about the only place of note in the whole damn state. Sad thing is the good part of KC is in Missouri....

My roots are in west Kansas and I ****ing dread every time I go there...
    You mean the Mo side with over 100 murders a year? The place where the school district lost its accreditation? The side with too many abandoned buildings, blighted areas, and hopeless neighborhoods to even count? I guess where I live in Ks with its flourishing businesses, acclaimed schools, nice areas, houses, humming along economies, etc., don't count for much. Having the Chiefs and Royals don't make you a good city.

Good part is in Mo.? Who's smoking the loco now?

State to State comparison your fraction of 1% area in Kansas doesn't hold a candle...

Originally Posted by Bk2X View Post
    State to State comparison your fraction of 1% area in Kansas doesn't hold a candle...
    Well that 1% is where I live. And the "1%" as you call it has the highest median household income and highest per-capita income in Kansas and is among the most affluent in the United States as well as having 20% of the state's population.

Personally I care about where I live as opposed to the entire state and where I live is a very nice area. I'm not interested in living in Topeka or Wichita. I could move to wherever I wanted and I am here. I'm sure people that live elsewhere just love it there. Hell, people loved living in a shithole like Vegas. So a guy that has basically lived in the same area for over 35 years says he prefers it to other places and people soil themselves? Life ain't that long.

Soil myself?! Not quite...

I was really just amazed by your assertion... and I think that even you would admit there is a pretty glaring difference between:

Well that 1% is where I live. And the "1%" as you call it has the highest median household income and highest per-capita income in Kansas and is among the most affluent in the United States as well as having 20% of the state's population.

Personally I care about where I live as opposed to the entire state and where I live is a very nice area. I'm not interested in living in Topeka or Wichita. I could move to wherever I wanted and I am here. I'm sure people that live elsewhere just love it there. Hell, people loved living in a shithole like Vegas. So a guy that has basically lived in the same area for over 35 years says he prefers it to other places and people soil themselves? Life ain't that long.
    and this:

Yes. Kansas > Oklahoma.

One is a very valid assertion and wouldn't have drawn many comments, if any... the other is, as I said, loco on top of loco...

Well someone originally said something about it being a good thing to get out of Kansas. I merely stated that I ,prefer Kansas to Oklahoma and I believe it to be a better place to live - hence I live here. It's okay to say that about Kansas but if something is said about Oklahoma the butthurt comes out. Simple as that.

Now hopefully back to the discussion from the OP. I've said all I am going to say.

Well someone originally said something about it being a good thing to get out of Kansas. I merely stated that I ,prefer Kansas to Oklahoma and I believe it to be a better place to live - hence I live here. It's okay to say that about Kansas but if something is said about Oklahoma the butthurt comes out. Simple as that.

Now hopefully back to the discussion from the OP. I've said all I am going to say.
    Hey we can both agree to our hatred of the chickenhawks... That's good common ground... oh, and big butts too...