Texas Jr Day

Posted 439 day(s) ago 3125 Views 48 Replies
    vCash

Texas Jr Day

Anybody have a list of who was attending theirs?

vCash

Also, 2014 LB offer Cameron Hampton committed to them today. At their Jr Day.

vCash

Originally Posted by huntinsooner View Post
    just saw this....god damn it...
    The following users like this post: sovasooner

Texas Jr Day

Who cares?

vCash

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    Who cares?
    OU and Texas go up against each other for a lot of the same recruits. So I was wondering who made it to their Jr Day. And like I already said, one of our early offers at LB just committed to them.
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie

Damn it. Wasn't this the recruit that was going back and forth between us and A&M as his favorites and then commits to UT? Wtf?

Anybody have a list of who was attending theirs?
    http://www.burntorangenation.com/201...endees-invites
    The following users like this post: huntinsooner

vCash

Texas Jr Days. The day Oklahoma & A&M fans learn which Texas kids care about winning and which kids don't

vCash

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Texas Jr Days. The day Oklahoma & A&M fans learn which Texas kids care about winning and which kids don't
    Sad we have to include a and m in that now, but oh well. So true.

Wasn't Hampton the one openly rooting for OU during last year's RRS?

A lot of these kids get caught up in what mack has to say and really believe it. Yet, every year they fall below expectations and the players never develope. I guess being naive is a trait that you have to have to go to texass.

vCash

Texas Jr Day

Who cares?
    I know I dont

vCash

Texas Jr Day

Damn, I thought A&M was his top choice.

vCash

Who cares?
    Huge recruit at a major position of need. You should care a little.

Texas Jr Day

Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    Huge recruit at a major position of need. You should care a little.
    He's the only LB in the 2014 class?

vCash

He's the only LB in the 2014 class?
    Quit being a . Some of us want to know what our rivals our doing.

Texas Jr Day

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    Quit being a . Some of us want to know what our rivals our doing.
    I don't care. You can care all you want.

vCash

I don't care. You can care all you want.
    Well then GTFO of the thread and quit being a douche. If u don't care, prove it by staying the hell out of the conversation.
    7 users like melbitoast's post: huntinsooner, lobster999, oorah_okie, OUfootball, qaz, Sooner 76, sovasooner

Texas Jr Day

Ok.

Texas Jr Day

So who else are you guys going to get your panties in a wad about?

vCash

So who else are you guys going to get your panties in a wad about?
    You're almost as annoying as Houston Sooner...almost.
    2 users like huntinsooner's post: oorah_okie, Sooner 76

Texas Jr Day

Sorry. Ill leave it alone now.

Isn't there another OU jr day coming up? Is it next weekend or am I mistaken.

vCash

Houston Sooner is a ass ****
    2 users like barlowd's post: greensooner, huntinsooner

Next sooner junior day is allegedly feb 16th. Coaching changes drama might delay I guess

vCash

Most of you ****s do get your panties in a wad! Whinny ****es

vCash

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    Houston Sooner is a ass ****
    **** you punk ass **** with you name

vCash

Originally Posted by Houston Sooner View Post
    Most of you ****s do get your panties in a wad! Whinny ****es
    yes clearly, it's us that are getting our panties in a wad and not you in this thread...all of your responses in every thread are an example of you getting your panties in a wad b/c of something someone says to you

vCash

really weak response...I figured a 15 year would would be better at emotional responses than this...we get it you're seriously offended but what about english, care to use it?!?

apparently not...english, not even once

Texas Jr Day

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    really weak response...I figured a 15 year would would be better at emotional responses than this...we get it you're seriously offended but what about english, care to use it?!?

apparently not...english, not even once
    I agree he needs to either GTFO or do a better job of trolling.

So what's the damage from ut jr day. Is Hampton the only verbal so far? Can we fire kish yet for failing to get Hampton?

vCash

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    So what's the damage from ut jr day. Is Hampton the only verbal so far? Can we fire kish yet for failing to get Hampton?
    so far looks like Hampton was all. However, as one person said, that kid is about as fickle as a fart in a tornado. Essentially, where ever he has most recently visited becomes his new favorite place (first it was A&M, then OU, and now UT). Honestly, I don't expect his commitment to stick despite Texas' new stance on commitments. That doesn't mean I think he's coming to OU necessarily, but I don't think anything will be final with this kid until he signs and that ink is as dry as the Sahara.

Some other big names were there, but there wasn't anything spectactular said about UT by any of them.

Granted Texas already has a handful of '14 verbals, but you usually expect more than one commitment out of their Junior Days. So, all things considered, this is a slight positive for OU.

vCash

so far looks like Hampton was all. However, as one person said, that kid is about as fickle as a fart in a tornado. Essentially, where ever he has most recently visited becomes his new favorite place (first it was A&M, then OU, and now UT). Honestly, I don't expect his commitment to stick despite Texas' new stance on commitments. That doesn't mean I think he's coming to OU necessarily, but I don't think anything will be final with this kid until he signs and that ink is as dry as the Sahara.

Some other big names were there, but there wasn't anything spectactular said about UT by any of them.
    I don't think Hampton was ever coming here. That said, what is UT's new stance on commits. Have not heard.

vCash

Originally Posted by warrenpiece View Post
    I don't think Hampton was ever coming here. That said, what is UT's new stance on commits. Have not heard.
    Basically, Mack has said that once you commit, that's it, you're done with recruiting. No looking around and no visits, period. If you want to go look, fine. They'll rescind your offer and look for someone else. Essentially a zero-tolerance policy.

Hampton really likes OU's coaches, so there was a legitimate shot at the kid.

Basically, Mack has said that once you commit, that's it, you're done with recruiting. No looking around and no visits, period. If you want to go look, fine. They'll rescind your offer and look for someone else. Essentially a zero-tolerance policy.

Like someone said earlier, don't expect this to be over yet. This could backfire on Mack or it might not. Either way it is a fine line with these kids. I understand what he is saying but it isn't the same recruiting method like it was when he first got there.

vCash

Mack says a lot of things that's full of BS. A'Shawn Robinson committed early but looked around all year. Mack and staff kissed his ass the whole time he took trips. Finally signed with Bama.

Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post
    Mack says a lot of things that's full of BS. A'Shawn Robinson committed early but looked around all year. Mack and staff kissed his ass the whole time he took trips. Finally signed with Bama.
    Yep, you need leverage to pull off this kind of shit. Texas had it circa three years ago, but not anymore. Very few schools do: USC under Carroll, Bama right now, Florida under Meyer. Both OU and UT are far from being able to dictate to elite recruits what they can and can't do.
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

vCash

Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post
    Originally Posted by sovasooner View Post
    Yep, you need leverage to pull off this kind of shit. Texas had it circa three years ago, but not anymore. Very few schools do: USC under Carroll, Bama right now, Florida under Meyer. Both OU and UT are far from being able to dictate to elite recruits what they can and can't do.
    I agree, I don't believe this kid's recruiting is over. Far from it. We'll test Mack's new policy hard this year I believe.

vCash

Trololololololololololol

Darrion Johnson didn't make it to UT's junior day today

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...ua7E7P7qRGPZB4

Blake Borron‏@GoHornsGo90

No UT offer for LB Otaro Alaka. Who really needs smart 6'3" freak athletes with sick closing speed who like to detonate ball carriers anyway
    The following users like this post: huntinsooner

Texas Longhorns second Junior Day recap. http://www.burntorangenation.com/rec...rmanti-foreman

God mack is such a piece of shit. obviously all coaches recruit guys committed to other schools, but how are you going to come out and **** and moan about decommits, issue a no tolerance policy to guys that if you go visit other schools after committing to texas then your scholarship is gone but go right around and try to get guys committed to other schools to come visit texas? here's hoping for another 50+ point win come october.

One of the question marks heading into the event was whether the elite deep threat from Mount Pleasant would be able to make his way to Austin to see practice, an important first step in convincing him that the Texas offense is a good fit for his immense talent.

Ha. Haha. Hahahaha.

Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    Texas Longhorns second Junior Day recap. http://www.burntorangenation.com/rec...rmanti-foreman
    lots of good stuff in this article. i especially like the tackle missing the 2nd junior day to attend a girls basketball game. these guys at burntorange can turn anything into a positive spin for texas. it's actually quite impressive.

So, any commits for ut jr day?

vCash

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    So, any commits for ut jr day?
    Not. A. One.

By the looks of it, the only commits that may be coming this week for them would be "Texas only" type kids and 2nd option guys that don't currently have offers but would commit if they received an offer.

Oh, and apparently MB is telling kids to go home and talk it over with their parents and think about it. He's relaxing his commitment expectations. Smart move considering his post-commitment restrictions/expectations.