2013 Home Schedule

Posted 430 day(s) ago 3365 Views 61 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

2013 Home Schedule

It just occurred to me how bad our home schedule is. We only get 6 games. 3 of them are the first 3 weeks against ULM, West Virginia, and Tulsa. We have 2 October home games against TCU and Tech. Then we wrap up our home schedule with one game in November against Iowa State. I'm still gonna be in Norman every week when there's a game but damn.

Last edited by Stein7495; February 11th, 2013 at 12:49 AM.

2013 Home Schedule

Going to South Bend > all home games combined.
    2 users like Coach's post: BoomerDT, SoonerMC

vCash

That TCU games is going to be a battle.

2013 Home Schedule

Big XII sucks.

Signature off
    4 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: boomersooner53, Master Pandemonium, OUrage, The

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    That would be pretty cool to go watch a game in South Bend but I expect every call in that game to go against us.

2013 Home Schedule

Why? Big 12 refs will call it, right?

Welcome to the new big 12 yaaaaaaaaawn

2013 Home Schedule

Think God they suck.

Perhaps we can actually win every home game in a season for the first time since 2010.
    The following users like this post: Soonerp

vCash

2013 Home Schedule

No reason to lose at home this season.

vCash

If my season tickets go up with this hideous home schedule, I may consider not renewing for 2013. It's not like I couldn't pick them up again next year and it's not like I still couldn't pick up four tickets outside the stadium for each of those shit games for a hell of a lot less than face. These are the fruits of a new Big XII. No Nebraska, no Mizzou, no aTm. I'm sure that being a little more diligent with my discretionary spending will cause me to be considered a bad fan, regardless of whether or not I still plan to attend our home games.

Hit the road if it is in the budget, make away games home games for the Sooners.
    2 users like Soonerside's post: ElGuapoSooner, Stein7495

vCash

Most home Notre Dame games are a 2 PM kickoff on NBC..

Have we any idea yet if they might move this to a rare night game?

vCash

Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    Most home Notre Dame games are a 2 PM kickoff on NBC..

Have we any idea yet if they might move this to a rare night game?
    That would be our luck...

vCash

My cousin scheduled her wedding for Sept. 28th in Indianapolis. So, I'll be in ****ing Indiana, but won't get to go to the ****ing game. Brutal.

Originally Posted by ElGuapoSooner View Post
    That would be our luck...
    Exactly. I'd rather it be at 2:30. I think 90% or more of Bob Stoops's losses have come when the game is at 6 PM or later. We are a good day game team.

vCash

I got to go up to the ND MICH game this season, and it really is cool. I recommend staying in Chicago and either taking the train or just renting a car. We sucked it up and rented a car, and it turned out pretty good.

2013 Home Schedule

Originally Posted by chantundefeated View Post
    I got to go up to the ND MICH game this season, and it really is cool. I recommend staying in Chicago and either taking the train or just renting a car. We sucked it up and rented a car, and it turned out pretty good.
    Why not stay in South Bend? I have a friend who is adamant on staying there. You are the 2nd person to say this.

vCash

calling it now, undefeated to the MNC we go!!!

vCash

Why not stay in South Bend? I have a friend who is adamant on staying there. You are the 2nd person to say this.

From what I hear they double or triple the hotel rates anywhere close to South Bend and even then it’s very hard to find anything that’s 2 1/2 stars or above.

vCash

Originally Posted by chantundefeated View Post
    If I go I might rent a car?
    How heavy was the traffic from Chicago to South Bend and then back?
    Thanks

2013 Home Schedule

We are driving to StL on Thursday, maybe Springfield and then headed the rest of the way on Friday. The Cardinals play the Cubs on Sunday at 1:00 so we'll be catching that on the way back and then return home Monday.

vCash

Originally Posted by CrimsonRez View Post
    calling it now, undefeated to the MNC we go!!!
    Sure

The big xii sucks balls.
    2 users like OU Pepperoni's post: BleeOU1, boomersooner53

vCash

I went to USC vs. ND in 2003, and we did stay in South Bend. It's a fine area, and there is stuff to do in South Bend/Ft. Wayne. The only reason that we decided to stay in Chicago is because they jack up the price of the Hotels in South Bend. For instance, in 2003, we stayed at a Days Inn South Bend for like $275 per night! You can stay in a hotel in Chicago, see more, and rent a car for less than that a night. It just felt like we were unnecessarily throwing money away on a crappy motel. You can stay in SB if you want though, and there is plenty to see and do there. We just think Chicago is a little more entertaining.
    The following users like this post: BMR

vCash

If I go I might rent a car?
    How heavy was the traffic from Chicago to South Bend and then back?
    Thanks
    Heading over from Chicago, we left at around 10:00am and got there around 11:30am. You do have to remember that that was a night game though. I wouldn't expect there to be a ton of traffic coming from Chicago before the game as long as you leave early enough.

Right after the game, expect OU-like traffic. However, once you get on the highway back to Chicago, it clears up very nicely, and it shouldn't take any longer than two hours for the trip back. This was from the Mich game though, and I would expect there to be more OU fans headed West than Michigan fans (they all took the road north). Renting a car worked perfectly though!

Also, you guys might want to check if there is a Bears game played that week because I got to go see them play the Rams last season, and it was awesome!
    The following users like this post: OU48A

Originally Posted by Soonerside View Post
    Hit the road if it is in the budget, make away games home games for the Sooners.
    Totally agree. I'm in Dallas and the girlfriend is wrapping up her Masters in Norman. We will go to all 6 home games, hit Notre Dame with some friends, and then go to The Shootout and most likely go to the Baylor game, and wrap it all up with the Bedlam game. Thats damn near 10 games.

Originally Posted by SoonerCPM View Post
    Totally agree. I'm in Dallas and the girlfriend is wrapping up her Masters in Norman. We will go to all 6 home games, hit Notre Dame with some friends, and then go to The Shootout and most likely go to the Baylor game, and wrap it all up with the Bedlam game. Thats damn near 10 games.
    Damn. That's a good schedule for yourself. I was in Stillwater 2 years ago for Bedlam. It was a bad turn out of Sooner fans and an even worse game. Hopefully that changes this year.

vCash

2013 Home Schedule

I think some you guys are having the usual knee jerk reactions. TCU and WVU should over the course of a decade, bring better games than A&M and Mizzou did. In fact, I can only think of one time in the old Big 12 era (Mizzou 07) in which those two teams created any buzz coming in.

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    I think some you guys are having the usual knee jerk reactions. TCU and WVU should over the course of a decade, bring better games than A&M and Mizzou did. In fact, I can only think of one time in the old Big 12 era (Mizzou 07) in which those two teams created any buzz coming in.
    TCU seems like they have a bright future in this conference but its hard to tell for West Virginia. You are right though about Missouri in 2007. Outside of that there was no other former Big 12 team that made any real noise. A&M flopped in 2011 and of course there was Nebraska in the 90s.

vCash

2013 Home Schedule

Originally Posted by Stein7495 View Post
    TCU seems like they have a bright future in this conference but its hard to tell for West Virginia. You are right though about Missouri in 2007. Outside of that there was no other former Big 12 team that made any real noise. A&M flopped in 2011 and of course there was Nebraska in the 90s.
    Provided this conference stays alive (I hope it doesn't) I fully expect that TCU will win a few conference titles. Quite honestly, if the PAC-16 ever became a reality, I would prefer taking TCU over Tech, to keep a strong DFW presence.

Provided this conference stays alive (I hope it doesn't) I fully expect that TCU will win a few conference titles. Quite honestly, if the PAC-16 ever became a reality, I would prefer taking TCU over Tech, to keep a strong DFW presence.
    So if the PAC-16 were to happen, it would be OU, Texas, OSU, and TCU. Does that sound right?

I would agree with you if we weren't going to lose that game. Looking back it was bizarre how confident I was about that game last year.

Originally Posted by ElGuapoSooner View Post
    If my season tickets go up with this hideous home schedule, I may consider not renewing for 2013. It's not like I couldn't pick them up again next year and it's not like I still couldn't pick up four tickets outside the stadium for each of those shit games for a hell of a lot less than face. These are the fruits of a new Big XII. No Nebraska, no Mizzou, no aTm. I'm sure that being a little more diligent with my discretionary spending will cause me to be considered a bad fan, regardless of whether or not I still plan to attend our home games.
    Already decided to let mine go this season, the schedule was the last straw. The night games have finally become too much and they consume the entire weekend (only parents with small children that live more than 2 1/2 hours away from Norman will understand this). The good thing is you can get them back pretty easy, but you'll lose your points, though I am prepared to do that. I am guessing that a few on that waiting list will be getting calls this April.

vCash

2013 Home Schedule

Originally Posted by Stein7495 View Post
    So if the PAC-16 were to happen, it would be OU, Texas, OSU, and TCU. Does that sound right?
    That's how I would prefer it. I have no clue as to who UT or OSU would favor, but you would assume they would also like to keep a DFW presence.
    Last edited by oorah_okie; February 12th, 2013 at 05:12 PM.

vCash

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m...021213aaa.html

2013 Schedule Features 11 Bowl Participants

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m...021213aaa.html

2013 Schedule Features 11 Bowl Participants
    Pffff...bowl participants. Think about this, it's almost a certainty that at least 7 will be bowl participants each and every year. More than likely 8..

That's how I would prefer it. I have no clue as to who UT or OSU would favor, but you would assume they would also like to keep a DFW presence.
    I really don't mind Tech over TCU. Either one will do. But I wouldn't want Baylor.

vCash

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Pffff...bowl participants. Think about this, it's almost a certainty that at least 7 will be bowl participants each and every year. More than likely 8..
    Maybe so, but even so, OU schedule is far better than the vast majority of other teams.

So next year schedule is not the greatest we have ever seen, that might not be all that bad of deal considering the problems we have.

Maybe so, but even so, OU schedule is far better than the vast majority of other teams.

So next year schedule is not the greatest we have ever seen, that might not be all that bad of deal considering the problems we have.
    Yep...I think what really gets at people is the same old teams every year. When I read the Big X was contemplating 10 conference games I immediately thought "man, that's going to get boring year after year". When you can't sprinkle in a good OOC at home each year then it gets old. Unfortunately that's this year for OU.

Re: 2013 Home Schedule

Originally Posted by OU Pepperoni View Post
    The big xii sucks balls.
    Where was all attitude when A&M was postering to the SEC? Y'all seemed super excited to get rid of us.

Texas A&M - 1997, 1998, 2010, 2012 Big 12 Champs*

vCash

Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    Where was all attitude when A&M was postering to the SEC? Y'all seemed super excited to get rid of us.

Stop your constant trolling or leave
    3 users like usaosooner's post: Camel at Sea, OU48A, thurman murman

Re: 2013 Home Schedule

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Stop your constant trolling or leave
    I mean, while you may view it as trolling, I view it as a legitimate point of interest. Feelings aside, did A&M in the conference not bring a more interesting home and away? If so, do you not regret the collective groupthink mentality of 'good riddance', even if just from a schedule standpoint? Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but it is a legitimate question and not trolling in the slightest, even if it was a bias way to ask the question.

I mean, while you may view it as trolling, I view it as a legitimate point of interest. Feelings aside, did A&M in the conference not bring a more interesting home and away? If so, do you not regret the collective groupthink mentality of 'good riddance', even if just from a schedule standpoint? Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but it is a legitimate question and not trolling in the slightest, even if it was a bias way to ask the question.

For the most part they really didn't. They bring in more money and they have a better fan base than TCU and West Virginia but outside of the 2002 and 2010 upsets, we owned you guys. A&M's best seasons in the Big 12 since their 1998 Big 12 Championship were 2006 when they went 9-4 and got smashed in the Holiday Bowl by Cal and in 2010, again a 9-4 record and a loss to LSU. And then in 2011, you guys started #8 in the polls. A&M was supposed to come to Norman undefeated and they finished 7-6. This is why everybody said "good riddance." A&M gave no reason why they would succeed in the SEC based on past results.

How could you be Big 12 Champs? You didn't beat KState.
    The following users like this post: Sooner 4 Life

Why? Big 12 refs will call it, right?
    Correct, domers have the replay booth.

vCash

From what I hear they double or triple the hotel rates anywhere close to South Bend and even then it’s very hard to find anything that’s 2 1/2 stars or above.
    This. We had to stay in Benton Harbor, MI in 99. South Bend is like Stillwater with fewer livestock.

vCash

That home game vs TCU has potential to be a big top ten game. TCU has LSU in Arlington week one and right now I'd pick them to win that one. OU has a much tougher road, but it's manageable. If you circle one big home game it's definitely that one.

Originally Posted by IndySooner View Post
    My cousin scheduled her wedding for Sept. 28th in Indianapolis. So, I'll be in ****ing Indiana, but won't get to go to the ****ing wedding. Brutal.
    FIFY

Originally Posted by Onikuno View Post
    That home game vs TCU has potential to be a big top ten game. TCU has LSU in Arlington week one and right now I'd pick them to win that one. OU has a much tougher road, but it's manageable. If you circle one big home game it's definitely that one.
    Yes it does. I hope its not at night. OU in recent years hasn't played well in big night games. I would like a nice 2:30 kickoff. I can't remember the last time Stoops lost a day game that wasn't the Red River Shootout.