Grammys - Helm tribute

Posted 432 day(s) ago 965 Views 40 Replies
Results 1 to 41 of 41
  1. #1
    SMC's Avatar
    Posts
    7,195
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Near, Far

    Grammys - Helm tribute

    Keef, approve or disapprove?

    I thought it was bad ass.

    Would liked to have seen an Adam Yauch tribute, fan or not the Beastie Boys had a profound musical impact.

    RIP MCA
    2 users like SMC's post: Aurora, Julz


  2. #2

    Grammys - Helm tribute

    They didn't mention Whitney Houston in their tribute

  3. #3
    This has been one of the better Grammys in recent history. They let the shit artists open the show but the last 1 - 1 1/2 hour has been solid.

  4. #4
    Well I spoke too soon. There's some dude dressed in a banana suit singing about Forrest Gump
    The following users like this post: Stinger_1066


  5. #5

    Grammys - Helm tribute

    Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Well I spoke too soon. There's some dude dressed in a banana suit singing about Forrest Gump
    What the hell is that?

  6. #6
    I thought it was solid.. The Whitney Houston tribute was last year IIRC.

  7. #7

    Grammys - Helm tribute

    Originally Posted by ngintunr View Post
    I thought it was solid.. The Whitney Houston tribute was last year IIRC.
    Maybe I'd think it was solid if I knew why a song about Forest Gump was deserving of the Grammys.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    Maybe I'd think it was solid if I knew why a song about Forest Gump was deserving of the Grammys.
    I was talking about the Levon Helm tribute.

  9. #9
    Grammy's this year have been much more tolerable than the past 2-3 years. Can't stand Mumford and Sons or Taylor Swift though.

  10. #10

    Grammys - Helm tribute

    Originally Posted by ngintunr View Post
    I was talking about the Levon Helm tribute.
    Oh sorry.

  11. #11
    After giving album of the year to Swift a few years ago, the Grammys finally got their shit together. Following three years Arcade Fire, Adele and now Mumford.

  12. #12
    SMC's Avatar
    Posts
    7,195
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Near, Far

    Nice touch by Chuck D and LL at the end.
    Also, the world needs more Tom Morello
    The following users like this post: Aurora


  13. #13

    Re: Grammys - Helm tribute

    Frank Ocean sucks
    The following users like this post: SMC


  14. #14
    mgsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    6,439
    Join Date
    May 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Tallsa

    Grammys - Helm tribute

    People watch the Grammy's? For ****'s sake, why???

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    People watch the Grammy's? For ****'s sake, why???
    Because we like music?

  16. #16
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    12,470
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    The Falls

    Grammys - Helm tribute

    Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Because we like music?
    Most of that shit is barely music.
    4 users like AcousticSoup's post: barlowd, beelzeBob, freeeewilly66, SirPrize


  17. #17
    freeeewilly66's Avatar
    Posts
    2,366
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    OKC

    Seeing John Fulbright (from OKC) invited was pretty awesome though. Nominated for Best Americana album. He plays at the Blue Door a lot.

    The following users like this post: OUMallen


  18. #18
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    18,422
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1382
    Location
    On the golf course


  19. #19
    OUMallen's Avatar
    Posts
    6,546
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    vCash
    1500
    Location
    City of Nompton

    Originally Posted by freeeewilly66 View Post
    Seeing John Fulbright (from OKC) invited was pretty awesome though. Nominated for Best Americana album. He plays at the Blue Door a lot.

    John is from just outside Okemah. The guy you see up there. On the stage. Playing at the GRAMMYS- yeah, he played the Cushing Country Club like 2.5 months ago. I hope the best for that guy.

  20. #20

    Grammys - Helm tribute

    Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Because we like music?
    So I repeat the question.

  21. #21
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    29,563
    Join Date
    May 2011
    vCash
    1100
    Location
    The Dark Side

    Originally Posted by soonersmc View Post
    Nice touch by Chuck D and LL at the end.
    Also, the world needs more Tom Morello
    YES!

  22. #22
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    29,563
    Join Date
    May 2011
    vCash
    1100
    Location
    The Dark Side

    Black Keys and Jack White were my favorite performances. I really wish they had given MCA a proper tribute, The Beasties contributed so much to music. I was pleased with the Helm tribute. Katie Perry has amazing boobs, Adelle dresses like an old british nanny, prince still has swagger, carrie underwood missed a chance to show off her amazing legs and the laser light show dress was dumb, taylor swift appealed to her crowd and performed before their bedtime. I still love me some Elton John and his suits. I think LL Cool J is a cool cat, Justin Timberlake is OK. J Zay is a cool Dude and the grammys needed more Dave Grohl.
    The following users like this post: Oldnslo


  23. #23
    Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Black Keys and Jack White were my favorite performances. I really wish they had given MCA a proper tribute, The Beasties contributed so much to music. I was pleased with the Helm tribute. Katie Perry has amazing boobs, Adelle dresses like an old british nanny, prince still works hard to be weird, carrie underwood missed a chance to show off her amazing legs and the laser light show dress was cool, taylor swift appealed to her crowd and performed before their bedtime. I still love me some Elton John and his suits. I think LL Cool J is a cool cat, Justin Timberlake is OK. J Zay is a cool Dude and the grammys needed more Dave Grohl.
    This pretty much sums it up for me. I did change and bold the parts I disagreed with. And Tom Morello is needed more.

    P.S. I could listen to The Band all night, so I was hoping for more but I understand. And no direct tribute to MCA was embarrassing. The motherfuckers that made that decision should be hung by their balls.
    2 users like shamankeefsmangledfingers's post: 65Mustang, Aurora


  24. #24
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    29,563
    Join Date
    May 2011
    vCash
    1100
    Location
    The Dark Side

    Originally Posted by keefsmangledfingers View Post
    This pretty much sums it up for me. I did change and bold the parts I disagreed with. And Tom Morello is needed more.

    P.S. I could listen to The Band all night, so I was hoping for more but I understand. And no direct tribute to MCA was embarrassing. The motherfuckers that made that decision should be hung by their balls.
    I have always found Prince' weird to be what makes him awesome

  25. #25
    Agree with Aurora but she left off Mumford's performance. Jack White was probably the best performance for me. Big deal today on if he dropped the f-bomb during his song. We thought he said it but rewound and it sounded like fight. That's what CBS is saying as well.

    Price is one weird dude but he used to make some damn good music.
    The following users like this post: Aurora


  26. #26
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    29,563
    Join Date
    May 2011
    vCash
    1100
    Location
    The Dark Side

    Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Agree with Aurora but she left off Mumford's performance. Jack White was probably the best performance for me. Big deal today on if he dropped the f-bomb during his song. We thought he said it but rewound and it sounded like fight. That's what CBS is saying as well.

    Price is one weird dude but he used to make some damn good music.
    I did forget Mumford, I actually love that song and have liked them a long time. I think their folk quality is enough for me to love them.

  27. #27
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    29,563
    Join Date
    May 2011
    vCash
    1100
    Location
    The Dark Side

    One last thing I do not like frank ocean and his forest gump song was ****ing painful
    3 users like Aurora's post: Julz, SoonerDustin, Stinger_1066


  28. #28
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    12,470
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    The Falls

    Grammys - Helm tribute

    Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    One last thing I do not like frank ocean and his forest gump song was ****ing painful
    Forrest Gump song?

    You serious?
    The following users like this post: Aurora


  29. #29
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    29,563
    Join Date
    May 2011
    vCash
    1100
    Location
    The Dark Side


  30. #30
    Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    Forrest Gump song?

    You serious?
    Yeah it was horrid. Even Taylor Swift was better and I can't freaking stand her.

  31. #31
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    12,470
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    The Falls

    Grammys - Helm tribute

    That's a real song?

    Does anyone understand why I don't watch the Grammys?

  32. #32
    I dvr'd it, put the kids to bed around 8 and then fastforwarded through the Taylor Swift's/Frank Ocean's /etc's of the night.

  33. #33
    Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    That's a real song?

    Does anyone understand why I don't watch the Grammys?
    It was definitely the low point of the night. I usually watch the Grammys based on the artists scheduled to preform. If it's a bunch of pop star crap I skip it. This year had a good line up and didn't disappoint.

  34. #34
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    10,303
    Join Date
    May 2011
    vCash
    5727
    Location
    Whiskeytown

    Frank Ocean performance was gay

  35. #35
    Originally Posted by keefsmangledfingers View Post
    This pretty much sums it up for me. I did change and bold the parts I disagreed with. And Tom Morello is needed more.

    P.S. I could listen to The Band all night, so I was hoping for more but I understand. And no direct tribute to MCA was embarrassing. The motherfuckers that made that decision should be hung by their balls.
    You sir, are a Gentleman and a scholar...
    The following users like this post: shamankeefsmangledfingers


  36. #36
    SoonerBounce Guest
    SoonerBounce's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a
    vCash
    Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Yeah it was horrid. Even Taylor Swift was better and I can't freaking stand her.
    shut up

  37. #37
    Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    shut up
    Sorry. Forgot you were president of her fan club

  38. #38
    SMC's Avatar
    Posts
    7,195
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Near, Far

    Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Sorry. Forgot you were president of her fan club
    He shed tears when she was singing along to "that all black" tribute...right before he asked his wife who is Rob Barley?

  39. #39
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    12,470
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    The Falls

    Grammys - Helm tribute

    Originally Posted by soonersmc View Post
    He shed tears when she was singing along to "that all black" tribute...right before he got his wife a beer and returned to the sink to finish the dinner dishes...
    FIFY
    2 users like AcousticSoup's post: Julz, SMC


  40. #40
    SoonerBounce Guest
    SoonerBounce's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a
    vCash
    Originally Posted by soonersmc View Post
    He shed tears when she was singing along to "that all black" tribute...right before he made his wife a drink, picked up the kids' toys, and finished the dishes
    Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    FIFY
    FIFY

  41. #41
    nocalsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,429
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Northern California

    Amy and Jeff Weber (sister & brother) at the Grammys. They both graduated from OU in the mid-80s and went to Norman High. Their dad, Jerry Weber, was a dean at OU.



    Amy's lived in LA for a while and Jeff & his family recently moved there. He's President of the Content & Advertising Division of AT&T. Amy has a semi-precious jewelry shop in Santa Monica.

Similar Threads

  1. This is a tribute....
    By SoonerBeerSnob in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: February 7th, 2013, 03:05 PM