$2 bet wins $9 million

Posted 566 day(s) ago 816 Views 14 Replies

$2 bet wins $9 million

Payout if TCU beat Kansas for its 1st Big 12 victory. My goodness...where the hell was Marty McFly on that shit!?!?

Uh what book was offering this line?

Don't make no gawdam sense!!!

Originally Posted by Irish_Sooner View Post
    Uh what book was offering this line?
    No idea. My old boss (TCU grad) told me about it at lunch. He found out about it on their team site.

absolutely not true
    2 users like T-town Sooner's post: Irish_Sooner, nstinson

Originally Posted by T-town Sooner View Post
    absolutely not true
    lol yep you are correct but I will say after watching TCU tonight it should have won somebody 9mil LoL...as usao asked in the game thread ... How in the blue **** did TCU beat Kansas?

Maybe it was part of a 15 team teaser?

Tyson was regularly 35-1 against whatever tomato can he fought - even Holyfield. You'll see the bottom pro teams at 250-400 to 1 as far as odds to win it all. No book, wise guy, or anyone is going to give 4,500,000 - 1. I call

$2 bet wins $9 million

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Tyson was regularly 35-1 against whatever tomato can he fought - even Holyfield. You'll see the bottom pro teams at 250-400 to 1 as far as odds to win it all. No book, wise guy, or anyone is going to give 4,500,000 - 1. I call
    Pretty much this. I'm better than a 4,500,000 to 1 shot to win the Masters.

I'll pass your sentiments onto my old boss.
    Personally, it doesn't make any sense to me either. I immediately thought "4.5MM to 1"? Who the **** would do that?

Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    I'll pass your sentiments onto my old boss.
    Personally, it doesn't make any sense to me either. I immediately thought "4.5MM to 1"? Who the **** would do that?
    Everyone in their right mind would sacrifice 10 bucks to earn 45 mil.... Total bullshit.

Originally Posted by Bk2X View Post
    Everyone in their right mind would sacrifice 10 bucks to earn 45 mil.... Total bullshit.
    Mainly the players playing on the other team ;-)

I still have a problem with how way that books set futures payouts.

For instance, the Astros are 200:1 to win the World Series. Should be closer to 10,000:1 if we are really calculating odds. If they set this line, shouldn't there be equal action at 1:200 that hey don't win it?

If so, it would be stupid for a wealthy gambler to not throw several million at it.

The gray place between expectations and reality.

For instance, the Astros are 200:1 to win the World Series. Should be closer to 10,000:1
    But the 200:1 isn't really the "odds" of the Astros winning, is it? Isn't it just based on the amount of action the Astros are getting win it all? In other words, I think if they set the odds at 10,000:1, so many people would jump on that outrageous line that it would quickly correct to 200:1.

If they set this line, shouldn't there be equal action at 1:200 that hey don't win it?
    That's essentialy what IS happening. The sum total of the action on the rest of the field to win it (or bets that the Astros won't win) would be the inverse of the Astros' "odds", right?

Originally Posted by oSuJeff97 View Post
    But the 200:1 isn't really the "odds" of the Astros winning, is it? Isn't it just based on the amount of action the Astros are getting win it all? In other words, I think if they set the odds at 10,000:1, so many people would jump on that outrageous line that it would quickly correct to 200:1.

That's essentialy what IS happening. The sum total of the action on the rest of the field to win it (or bets that the Astros won't win) would be the inverse of the Astros' "odds", right?
    That isn't happening, the inverse is covered just on bets of Toronto (7:1) and Oakland (30:1)

The odds of the field (non Astros) is 1:1220

They aren't going to set odds that high - even in the beginning. As I said 200-400 is as high as it will ever get. Even when Tyson was 35-1 tons of money would come in one Tyson. People would bet 300K just to win 10K. I made money on Holyfield because I put my usual 20$ on the opponent and as the odds went down I put more and more. It eventually closed at 6-1. I made about six grand on the fight. On odds like 200-1 you are more likely to get smaller bets and the larger sums will be on the lower odds. People that have larger sums of money to bet don't gamble on long shots.