Posted 619 day(s) ago by usaosooner1958 Views 80 Replies
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Well hopefully buddy is alright and no one else gets hurt

tcu is ****ing terrible.

lead by 32 with 5:22 left

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    tcu is ****ing terrible.
    This!

i think the luther high school team could beat them.

no let down on to Bedlam

The following users like this post: thurman murman

Well played tonight. Little ugly to start, but played well after that.

Glad to see no letdown after Kansas also.

Would have been sick had OU had Kruger in 2007-09.

SoonerBounce Guest

Oklahoma vs TCU

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    i think the luther high school team could beat them.
    Maybe on talent alone. It would be inspite of their coach

A couple thoughts..

1. I love how hard we play.
    2. I wish we would take better care of the ball, we are pretty reckless.
    3. I am starting to love our freshmen.
    4. How the **** did KU lose to that team?

Re: Oklahoma vs TCU

Originally Posted by Bennie Owen View Post
    No Thunder game tonight...
    I realize that, doesn't mean people would n't want to wait and spend their money on the thunder

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Other board saying Buddy's in a boot and on crutches

Edit: Buddy Hield fracture in his ankle out for 4 weeks

Edit: ****

Oklahoma vs TCU

God dammit.

If you want to see a crowd turn on the KU game. I have the radio on and it sounds like there's a jet airplane in there. So far they've hit 118 decibels.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    If you want to see a crowd turn on the KU game. I have the radio on and it sounds like there's a jet airplane in there. So far they've hit 118 decibels.

Originally Posted by Cleavon Little View Post
    Other board saying Buddy's in a boot and on crutches

Edit: Buddy Hield fracture in his ankle out for 4 weeks

Edit: ****
    ****. all from stepping on some ****ers foot

Originally Posted by Irish_Sooner View Post

Yep. Crowds like tonight will really get those top recruits. Should I play in front of the same crowd at OU or at the Y?

Ryan Spangler was not on the bench anywhere. Does anyone know where he was? Buddy fractured his foot, needs surgery and will be out 4-6 weeks.

Announced crowd was something like 4,000 or something. Although there should be no excuse, it was a 6 pm game on a Monday against what is not a traditional conference opponent (and a team that sucks). Like I said though, no excuse for that bad of a crowd. I'm pretty sure we had that many in the arena when we played Ohio earlier this year, didn't we?

The Buddy injury just kicks my ass. I'm just sick for these guys. They were finally jelling and ready to go on a roll and this happens.

Good win for OU.
    TCU looked like an absolute joke. 11 points in a half is pathetic for any team in division 1, this isn't womens basketball. How they beat KU is beyond me.
    Feel bad for Hield, but that shit happens and guys gotta step up.

Oklahoma vs TCU

Originally Posted by Mahler View Post
    Announced crowd was something like 4,000 or something. Although there should be no excuse, it was a 6 pm game on a Monday against what is not a traditional conference opponent (and a team that sucks). Like I said though, no excuse for that bad of a crowd. I'm pretty sure we had that many in the arena when we played Ohio earlier this year, didn't we?

The Buddy injury just kicks my ass. I'm just sick for these guys. They were finally jelling and ready to go on a roll and this happens.
    So irritating. This is a good group of kids and a good coach turning a program around. I live in Lawrence, KS and if I ever move even as close as Wichita I will have season basketball tickets. I don't understand why people go crazy over Thunder, but can't support OU hoops.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Oh you mean that two top 15, in-state rival teams, battling for first place in the conference. playing on the home court of a traditional basketball powerhouse has a big, loud crowd? I never would have guessed that......
    The following users like this post: 87sooner

Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    Oh you mean that two top 15, in-state rival teams, battling for first place in the conference. playing on the home court of a traditional basketball powerhouse has a big, loud crowd? I never would have guessed that......
    They sell out for Popcorn State in November. I guarantee you if they play TCU again the place will be packed. They support their team no matter who the opponent. Think if you're bringing recruits to our game tonight or any game in Lawrence. Who makes the better impression? Building a top tier program involves more than just on the court.

Originally Posted by OUfootball View Post
    A couple thoughts..

1. I love how hard we play. Me too. Defense was crazy ball seeking last night and helping on the low-post.
    2. I wish we would take better care of the ball, we are pretty reckless. IMO, I think we'll see that improve with Hield out. He may be our best defender, but he's also the most reckless with the ball. He tries to force hoops that just aren't there. Drives me freakin' nuts. We create turnovers, and Hield gives it right back.
    3. I am starting to love our freshmen. I agree. Very encouraging for the future.
    4. How the **** did KU lose to that team? Unbelievable. I'm dumbfounded after watching last night. McLemore and Witley (sp?) should have scored 25 each against TCU.
    Comments in bold.

Originally Posted by CrimsonRez View Post
    I realize that, doesn't mean people would n't want to wait and spend their money on the thunder

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    OOOOh because that $5 ticket to the OU game is so unaffordable...

Seriously can someone explain to me why the attendance for this game was so bad. I live in Texas and came up for the Texas game which was on Big Monday on a Holiday and there only 7800 people there. I understand why people wouldn't want to pay to see Capel's mess but he's gone and this team deserves support. The Thunder wasn't playing and less face it, what the hell else is there to do in Norman? What happened on Monday?

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    Seriously can someone explain to me why the attendance for this game was so bad. I live in Texas and came up for the Texas game which was on Big Monday on a Holiday and there only 7800 people there. I understand why people wouldn't want to pay to see Capel's mess but he's gone and this team deserves support. The Thunder wasn't playing and less face it, what the hell else is there to do in Norman? What happened on Monday?
    Because OU fans don't really care about OU basketball unless we are highly ranked, playing on a weekend day, not playing the same time as the thunder, not playing during Wednesday church, playing late enough that they can get there after work, not playing so late that they have to be up past 10 o'clock on a school night, not playing when it's snowing and dangerous to drive, not playing when it's really nice outside, playing a big rival, not playing during the renaissance fair, played in a new basketball friendly arena on campus, don't play at the same time as the 2A state championships at the big house, and the game isn't on TV.

Did I miss anything?

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    Because OU fans don't really care about OU basketball unless we are highly ranked, playing on a weekend day, not playing the same time as the thunder, not playing during Wednesday church, playing late enough that they can get there after work, not playing so late that they have to be up past 10 o'clock on a school night, not playing when it's snowing and dangerous to drive, not playing when it's really nice outside, playing a big rival, not playing during the renaissance fair, played in a new basketball friendly arena on campus, don't play at the same time as the 2A state championships at the big house, and the game isn't on TV.

Did I miss anything?
    Sad but true. We have a lot of bandwagon idiot fans

I know we aren't a basketball school but we ought to be able to get more than 5000 people to go to a game 2 days after we beat KU. I guess that's asking too much.

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post

Did I miss anything?
    The only thing I would change about what you said would be to add that there truly is a small core of people (I would include myself in this) who attend every home game and try to make it to away games. Plus, there are others (on this board) who catch every game they can, but live far enough away they can't realistically make it to home games. I would agree, however, that the majority of fans only show up when the team is playing well AND playing against a big time opponent or rival.

I will say, though, that it does seem different now than in the past. I realize this year's team can't be compared to the really good teams Kelvin had, but he also had some teams that were just pretty good. And, even those teams filled the stadium when we played KU, Texas, OSU, etc. . . There were PLENTY of open seats when we upset KU the other day. My season tickets are in the upper level and I sat in the 5th row.

With all that said, there are plenty of football fair weather fans as well. Hell, people left the stadium when we were down only 7 against Notre Dame with 3 or 4 minutes left and we had the ball. Not some people, a LOT of people. It's just that there are more football fans in general than basketball fans I suppose. I don't honestly ever see it changing on a consistent basis, unfortunately. On the bright side, I guess I'll get to keep sitting in great seats.