I am Torn About These Murder Charges

Posted 622 day(s) ago by Aurora4451 Views 265 Replies
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4

In hindsight, I bet he regrets not choking the ****. Could always say he was trying to 'revive' him in a rescue attempt. I'd buy that for a dollar...

Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    Unfortunately for that guy, he is not the Justice maker in society. I hope he enjoys sitting in jail for 20+ years.
    So, it's ok for women to murder their babies, but it's not ok for this guy to kill a guy that killed his kids? Typical liberal logic.
    3 users like DIB's post: 2121sooner, Keef, quatrogenerian

Unfortunately for that guy, he is not the Justice maker in society. I hope he enjoys sitting in jail for 20+ years.
    Can't be worse than 2 dead kids ... I would rather be in prison than lose my son.

Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    Having his 11 and 12 year old sons push his truck along a highway at 11:30pm was his first bad decision.
    yes it was, in the end this man is still the father of 2 dead kids and that is not something anyone wants to know the pain of.

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    But he didn't. He went home, got his gun, and executed the dude.
    He apparently didn't live very far. I can see how this could be sold as a heat of passion defense if his dead sons were still at the scene, as well as the guy who just killed them.
    The dad needs to be charged and tried by a jury of his peers. If that jury acquits or lets him off with a very light sentence, I'd be fine with that.
    The following users like this post: ArbySooner

Originally Posted by keefsmangledfingers View Post
    If revenge isn't a justification for killing someone then what is?
    It helps me get an erection
    The following users like this post: Keef

Re: I am Torn About These Murder Charges

Originally Posted by DIB View Post
    So, it's ok for women to murder their babies, but it's not ok for this guy to kill a guy that killed his kids? Typical liberal logic.
    Yes.

Maybe he could just convince the jury he was performing a late term abortion?

Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    Having his 11 and 12 year old sons push his truck along a highway at 11:30pm was his first bad decision.
    No shit. Why didn't he have some of the other 20 Mexicans in the cab help out.
    The following users like this post: Sieve

If that jury acquits
    Impossible for me to forsee any scenario where the guy is acquitted ... unless the DA is a moron and doesn't give the jury alternative conviction options.

This guy, what a murdering piece of scum and a shitty parent. He should have just made his wife murder those babies from the get go and he could have afforded a better ****ing truck to begin with.

Originally Posted by Bruno Gianelli View Post
    Impossible for me to forsee any scenario where the guy is acquitted ... unless the DA is a moron and doesn't give the jury alternative conviction options.
    Makes sense. You certainly know more about it than I do.

I can understand the guy's anger but walking home to get the gun has pre-meditation written all over it.

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Yes.
    hypocrite

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    hypocrite
    False.

Originally Posted by Shooterms View Post
    He apparently didn't live very far. I can see how this could be sold as a heat of passion defense if his dead sons were still at the scene, as well as the guy who just killed them.
    The dad needs to be charged and tried by a jury of his peers. If that jury acquits or lets him off with a very light sentence, I'd be fine with that.
    The prosecution will probably argue that once he removed himself from the scene, went to his house, got his gun, came back and shot the guy, it was no longer in the "heat of passion."

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

False.
    No, True.

You are forgetting about his Latin temper

Shits got real

Originally Posted by ozz View Post
    The prosecution will probably argue that once he removed himself from the scene, went to his house, got his gun, came back and shot the guy, it was no longer in the "heat of passion."
    I'm sure they will. The question is if they defense can sell that it still was. What would be the catharsis for the removal of the heat of passion? Would it disappear when he entered his house? When he left the scene? What if he lived two houses from the scene? It's not cut and dried, which is why it needs to be tried and decided by a jury. I'm no lawyer, but if they only conviction option is 1st degree murder, I think he could easily walk.

There's no "light sentence" for murder 1 (which this certainly seems to be). You get life with or without the chance of parole. I think a jury will have a hard time convicting him.

Originally Posted by Oldnslo View Post
    There's no "light sentence" for murder 1 (which this certainly seems to be). You get life with or without the chance of parole. I think a jury will have a hard time convicting him.
    They said the same thing about Ersland and that involved a white business owner shooting a black kid.

They said the same thing about Ersland and that involved a white business owner shooting a black kid.
    Ersland was defending property, not grieving over his dead sons. And had the Ersland facts been a bit different... I seem to remember him reloading or coming back or something... might well have been a different result.
    The following users like this post: Shooter

Defending a store is not the same as a dead child ... and this man shot him one time he did not reload his gun and fill him full of wholes...

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    True he should have just beat him to death right there with an object out of his truck then everyone would say "oh he was defending his kids in the heat of the moment" but he should have had plenty of time to get over his dead kid on his walk home.
    well, that is what tire irons are for.

Defending a store is not the same as a dead child ... and this man shot him one time he did not reload his gun and fill him full of wholes...
    Defending isn't really the right term, though. It seems that both Ersland and the dad were essentially dealing payback. That is why the jury had no sympathy for Ersland as he was dealing payback for the robbery, while the dad is dealing payback for the death of his children. That is the difference. It's a glaring difference, even if OOO can't see it.
    2 users like Shooter's post: BajaOklahoma, jmizzy4ou

ersland didn't have to go very far to shoot his gun down the street or to reload his pistol. you see how well that worked out for him.

Ersland didn't have any dead children on the floor of the pharmacy.
    The following users like this post: BajaOklahoma

no, he had 2 dudes with guns trying to rob him.

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    no, he had 2 dudes with guns trying to rob him.
    They weren't trying to rob him while he reloaded.

Defending isn't really the right term, though. It seems that both Ersland and the dad were essentially dealing payback. That is why the jury had no sympathy for Ersland as he was dealing payback for the robbery, while the dad is dealing payback for the death of his children. That is the difference. It's a glaring difference, even if OOO can't see it.
    true defending is the wrong term, in the case of the dead kids avenging and in Ersland's case perhaps defense of his property but comparing a dead kid to a pharmacy is bad

I"m glad he killed that driver.

Wow, the plot thickens. It was just released that the drunk driver was wearing a hoodie, so the shooter may have been justified.

BTW, if the driver were stoned, the boys would have just had a few scrapes and bruises.

They weren't trying to rob him while he reloaded.
    exactly.

true defending is the wrong term, in the case of the dead kids avenging and in Ersland's case perhaps defense of his property but comparing a dead kid to a pharmacy is bad
    If Erlsand had only defended himself and the property, he would be free right now. After incapacitating the kid, though, he got a second gun and killed the kid while he was no longer a threat. That is why he is in prison.

You are OK with this guy murdering someone. What good did becoming a killer do for the guy being charged?
    Made sure that the drunk would not kill anyone else's children.
    3 users like Big Red One's post: Aurora, Keef, quatrogenerian

Originally Posted by Big Red One View Post
    Made sure that the drunk would not kill anyone else's children.
    yes, specifically, he made sure the drunk driver would never kill my children. Thanks buddy.
    The following users like this post: macdaddybuff

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    So you get sad over bent blades of grass and falling leaves but you condone this? It's like the father that kills the person that molested his kid. Now not only is the kid ****ed up from being molested but his dad is in prison.

Seeing what I see here if I was on the jury I'd convict. Hate to agree with OOO but you have to let the system run its course. And forget insanity and grief defenses. Any shred of evidence of planning and that goes out the window.
    The act of returning home to retreive a weapon shows adequate forthought to warrant first degree murder.

Originally Posted by beelzeBob View Post
    The act of returning home to retreive a weapon shows adequate forthought to warrant first degree murder.
    According to whom?

Originally Posted by DIB View Post
    Typical Conservative to make any discussion focus on abortion.

Can't be worse than 2 dead kids ... I would rather be in prison than lose my son.
    In this case he gets both. He also gets blood on his hands that he is responcible for.

He was not defending the child. The child was already dead.

According to whom?
    The law.

Legal Precedent.

Originally Posted by beelzeBob View Post
    The law.

Legal Precedent.
    Oh, I see. Perhaps you could quote both of them for me, so it is clear.

Oh, I see. Perhaps you could quote both of them for me, so it is clear.
    Perhaps I could but I am too lazy to research legal precedent for you.

You know there is a precedent that pertains to this case so specifically that you are certain there was legal premeditation...but you still have to research it?

You know there is a precedent that pertains to this case so specifically that you are certain there was legal premeditation...but you still have to research it?
    I know there is alot of precedent regarding premeditation. Not being a lawyer, I cant name a case for you. Knowing 12 of them working Capitol Trial Division, a simple phone call or text and I can give you a list. Im just not willing to do that.

Just an overall sad situation.
    The following users like this post: Aurora

Originally Posted by Mrs. Tuscany Stoops View Post
    This guy, what a murdering piece of scum and a shitty parent. He should have just made his wife murder those babies from the get go and he could have afforded a better ****ing truck to begin with.
    Yeah,,,,,,and don't be poor!!!

Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 05:22 PM.

More than likely the Big House for him...

yes it was, in the end this man is still the father of 2 dead kids and that is not something anyone wants to know the pain of.
    But it doesn't justify going and getting a gun and murdering someone in cold blood. I can't believe you or anyone else is defending this guy.

I am Torn About These Murder Charges

I was in mental health hearings all afternoon, but really wanna read this thread. Before I do - has it already been ****ed over? If so, I'll dis move on.