DHS BUYS 1.6 ROUNDS OF AMMO

Posted 616 day(s) ago 726 Views 23 Replies
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1

    DHS BUYS 1.6 BILLION ROUNDS OF AMMO

    Do you ever wonder why it is so hard to find popular types of ammo is sizeable quantities lately. Well it is not just private gun owners purchasing ammo...

    http://http://www.prisonplanet.com/w...of-course.html

  2. #2
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,574
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    1.6 rounds doesn't seem like a whole lot. I guess they're pretty good shots.
    3 users like bushmaster06's post: DHF, McRib, oucub23


  3. #3
    Conspiracy theorists say government is preparing for economic unrest.

  4. #4

    DHS BUYS 1.6 ROUNDS OF AMMO

    I might apply for a job with DHS.

  5. #5
    oh they're all hollow points..... nothing to see here folks. Give Obama another Nobel Peace prize. Screw me for voting for this guy.
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek


  6. #6

    DHS BUYS 1.6 ROUNDS OF AMMO

    Originally Posted by TenYards View Post
    oh they're all hollow points..... nothing to see here folks. Give Obama another Nobel Peace prize. Screw me for voting for this guy.
    Well, in defense of the government, they are wasteful enough to buy hollow points for range use.
    4 users like oucub23's post: oorah_okie, OU48A, Sooners2007, Tundra


  7. #7

    DHS BUYS 1.6 ROUNDS OF AMMO

    I heard he government is buying a more f-35s and building a new class of super carriers.

    Better call Alex Jones to get him to report on this.

  8. #8
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,575
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Page doesn't load but I thought they bought 21.6 million rounds. Didn't I see they're bought enough ammo to fight the Iraq war for like 20 years?

    Originally Posted by TenYards View Post
    Conspiracy theorists say government is preparing for economic unrest.
    It's not just the crowd saying that. I don't think they are expecting a revolution. I do think they have run a scenario concerning the economic collapse. They know that our society is unraveling. Generally when something like this happens you have such things as violence, looting, general unrest, and people killing each other over food, shelter, transportation, and just because. Something like that is actually something I can at least halfway buy in to.

    Look at the increase in drones. Aren't they looking for six sights to build even more?

  9. #9
    So the government is well armed, with drones, jets, hollow point bullets, but shame on me for owning an AR-15.
    The following users like this post: Sooners2007


  10. #10
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,575
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by TenYards View Post
    So the government is well armed, with drones, jets, hollow point bullets, but shame on me for owning an AR-15.
    Well come on. How many bullets do you really need to go deer hunting?

  11. #11

    DHS BUYS 1.6 ROUNDS OF AMMO

    Originally Posted by TenYards View Post
    So the government is well armed, with drones, jets, hollow point bullets, but shame on me for owning an AR-15.
    You should buy an F-35...defend your rights

  12. #12

    DHS BUYS 1.6 ROUNDS OF AMMO

    Originally Posted by Gratefuldawg View Post
    You should buy an F-35...defend your rights
    If you can't afford one, boot strap, you lazy poor.
    The following users like this post: ThievingMagpie


  13. #13
    QRISooner's Avatar
    Posts
    5,812
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Granbury, Texas

    Its 1.6 billion rounds. Here is a news story on it. The link is Fox but I just googled the subject. I think its an AP article.

    Link: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...-many-bullets/

    google link for more info: http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partner...mmo&gsc.page=1

    Article: Online rumors about a big government munitions purchase are true, sort of.

    The Homeland Security Department wants to buy more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition in the next four or five years. It says it needs them -- roughly the equivalent of five bullets for every person in the United States -- for law enforcement agents in training and on duty.

    Published federal notices about the ammo buy have agitated conspiracy theorists since the fall. That's when conservative radio host Alex Jones spoke of an "arms race against the American people" and said the government was "gearing up for total collapse, they're gearing up for huge wars."

    The government's explanation is much less sinister.

    Federal solicitations to buy the bullets are known as "strategic sourcing contracts," which help the government get a low price for a big purchase, says Peggy Dixon, spokeswoman for the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Ga . The training center and others like it run by the Homeland Security Department use as many as 15 million rounds every year, mostly on shooting ranges and in training exercises.

    Dixon said one of the contracts would allow Homeland Security to buy up to 750 million rounds of ammunition over the next five years for its training facilities. The rounds are used for basic and advanced law enforcement training for federal law enforcement agencies under the department's umbrella. The facilities also offer firearms training to tens of thousands of federal law enforcement officers. More than 90 federal agencies and 70,000 agents and officers used the department's training center last year.

    The rest of the 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition would be purchased by Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the federal government's second largest criminal investigative agency.

    ICE's ammunition requests in the last year included:

    --450 million rounds of .40-caliber duty ammunition

    --40 million rounds of rifle ammunition a year for as many as five years, for a total bullet-buy of 200 million rounds

    --176,000 rifle rounds on a separate contract

    --25,000 blank rounds

    The Homeland Security ammo buy is not the first time the government's bullets purchases have sparked concerns on the Internet. The same thing happened last year when the Social Security Administration posted a notice that it was buying 174,000 hollow point bullets.

    Jonathan L. Lasher, the agency's assistant inspector general for external relations, said those bullets were for the Social Security inspector general's office, which has about 295 agents who investigate Social Security fraud and other crimes.

    Jones the talk-show host did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

  14. #14
    Dexa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,232
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Moore

    DHS BUYS 1.6 ROUNDS OF AMMO

    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    I heard he government is buying a more f-35s and building a new class of super carriers.

    Better call Alex Jones to get him to report on this.
    I'm not currently a competitor of purchasing f-35s and super carriers.... Yet

  15. #15
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,575
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by Dexa View Post
    I'm not currently a competitor of purchasing f-35s and super carriers.... Yet
    Have you checked into something used?
    The following users like this post: ThievingMagpie


  16. #16
    Originally Posted by QRISooner View Post
    Its 1.6 billion rounds. Here is a news story on it. The link is Fox but I just googled the subject. I think its an AP article.

    Link: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...-many-bullets/

    google link for more info: http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partner...mmo&gsc.page=1

    Article: Online rumors about a big government munitions purchase are true, sort of.

    The Homeland Security Department wants to buy more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition in the next four or five years. It says it needs them -- roughly the equivalent of five bullets for every person in the United States -- for law enforcement agents in training and on duty.

    Published federal notices about the ammo buy have agitated conspiracy theorists since the fall. That's when conservative radio host Alex Jones spoke of an "arms race against the American people" and said the government was "gearing up for total collapse, they're gearing up for huge wars."

    The government's explanation is much less sinister.

    Federal solicitations to buy the bullets are known as "strategic sourcing contracts," which help the government get a low price for a big purchase, says Peggy Dixon, spokeswoman for the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Ga . The training center and others like it run by the Homeland Security Department use as many as 15 million rounds every year, mostly on shooting ranges and in training exercises.

    Dixon said one of the contracts would allow Homeland Security to buy up to 750 million rounds of ammunition over the next five years for its training facilities. The rounds are used for basic and advanced law enforcement training for federal law enforcement agencies under the department's umbrella. The facilities also offer firearms training to tens of thousands of federal law enforcement officers. More than 90 federal agencies and 70,000 agents and officers used the department's training center last year.

    The rest of the 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition would be purchased by Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the federal government's second largest criminal investigative agency.

    ICE's ammunition requests in the last year included:

    --450 million rounds of .40-caliber duty ammunition

    --40 million rounds of rifle ammunition a year for as many as five years, for a total bullet-buy of 200 million rounds

    --176,000 rifle rounds on a separate contract

    --25,000 blank rounds

    The Homeland Security ammo buy is not the first time the government's bullets purchases have sparked concerns on the Internet. The same thing happened last year when the Social Security Administration posted a notice that it was buying 174,000 hollow point bullets.

    Jonathan L. Lasher, the agency's assistant inspector general for external relations, said those bullets were for the Social Security inspector general's office, which has about 295 agents who investigate Social Security fraud and other crimes.

    Jones the talk-show host did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
    Imagine that.

  17. #17
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,574
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Have you checked into something used?
    i bet he could pick up something russian surplus for cheap.

  18. #18
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,574
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by QRISooner View Post
    Its 1.6 billion rounds. Here is a news story on it. The link is Fox but I just googled the subject. I think its an AP article.

    Link: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...-many-bullets/

    google link for more info: http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partner...mmo&gsc.page=1

    Article: Online rumors about a big government munitions purchase are true, sort of.

    The Homeland Security Department wants to buy more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition in the next four or five years. It says it needs them -- roughly the equivalent of five bullets for every person in the United States -- for law enforcement agents in training and on duty.

    Published federal notices about the ammo buy have agitated conspiracy theorists since the fall. That's when conservative radio host Alex Jones spoke of an "arms race against the American people" and said the government was "gearing up for total collapse, they're gearing up for huge wars."

    The government's explanation is much less sinister.

    Federal solicitations to buy the bullets are known as "strategic sourcing contracts," which help the government get a low price for a big purchase, says Peggy Dixon, spokeswoman for the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Ga . The training center and others like it run by the Homeland Security Department use as many as 15 million rounds every year, mostly on shooting ranges and in training exercises.

    Dixon said one of the contracts would allow Homeland Security to buy up to 750 million rounds of ammunition over the next five years for its training facilities. The rounds are used for basic and advanced law enforcement training for federal law enforcement agencies under the department's umbrella. The facilities also offer firearms training to tens of thousands of federal law enforcement officers. More than 90 federal agencies and 70,000 agents and officers used the department's training center last year.

    The rest of the 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition would be purchased by Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the federal government's second largest criminal investigative agency.

    ICE's ammunition requests in the last year included:

    --450 million rounds of .40-caliber duty ammunition

    --40 million rounds of rifle ammunition a year for as many as five years, for a total bullet-buy of 200 million rounds

    --176,000 rifle rounds on a separate contract

    --25,000 blank rounds

    The Homeland Security ammo buy is not the first time the government's bullets purchases have sparked concerns on the Internet. The same thing happened last year when the Social Security Administration posted a notice that it was buying 174,000 hollow point bullets.

    Jonathan L. Lasher, the agency's assistant inspector general for external relations, said those bullets were for the Social Security inspector general's office, which has about 295 agents who investigate Social Security fraud and other crimes.

    Jones the talk-show host did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
    really?

  19. #19
    eyeballjr's Avatar
    Posts
    1,772
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bartlesville

    These bullets will all be shot on American soil. Maybe they are expecting an invasion by China or something.

  20. #20
    QRISooner's Avatar
    Posts
    5,812
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Granbury, Texas

    Things like this don't really bother me. I find it interesting, but I'm not much on conspiracies.......

    I do wonder what the governments normal pattern of ammo buying is? I mean, all these federal agents with guns just didn't drop out of the sky. They've been shooting lots of rounds for a long time. So have they been buying less total rounds more often, or what? Or is this news just because of the current "gun situation"?????
    The following users like this post: Sooners2007


  21. #21
    Originally Posted by QRISooner View Post
    is this news just because of the current "gun situation"?????

    yes
    The following users like this post: OnlyOneOklahoma


  22. #22
    If there's one thing that history teaches us is that governments should be trusted. Oh and if you ain't nothing to hide, don't worry the government will always treat you fairly.

  23. #23
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,574
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by TenYards View Post
    If there's one thing that history teaches us is that governments should be trusted. Oh and if you ain't nothing to hide, don't worry the government will always treat you fairly.
    bounce truly believes this.

  24. #24

Similar Threads

  1. No guns or ammo sold here
    By oucub23 in forum Forum Help & Feedback
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 9th, 2013, 05:10 PM
  2. DHS Ammo
    By OUSchitzo in forum ThunderDome
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: March 17th, 2013, 08:27 PM
  3. Bulk Ammo Backorder
    By htownSOONER in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 13th, 2013, 12:51 PM
  4. more ammo for the cartels...literally
    By bushmaster06 in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 19th, 2012, 04:16 PM