Do the OSU Cowboys have to rush the court/field every time they beat OU?

Posted 532 day(s) ago 2532 Views 57 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2
    vCash

Went to bedlam basketball today and I just ****ing knew it was about to happen. Looking up all the students were moving to the front of the lower section so they could all rush out there.

It was a good win for them and all but they tend to play amateur hour after they beat us every time. I'm not gonna gripe about it but shouldn't they be above this by now? You don't see us do that mickey mouse type of shit
    The following users like this post: nstinson

Losers will be losers.
    The following users like this post: Morningwood

They all had to meet at center court so they could discuss where to meet the sheep at.

vCash

To be fair, they were ranked and we were unranked.....

Oh, wait....
    6 users like AcousticSoup's post: COLLISON ANGRY, drspencer, lycao, nstinson, SiggyPoke, Tenacious C

vCash

They were making a harlem shake video...best once i heard

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    Went to bedlam basketball today and I just ****ing knew it was about to happen. Looking up all the students were moving to the front of the lower section so they could all rush out there.

It was a good win for them and all but they tend to play amateur hour after they beat us every time. I'm not gonna gripe about it but shouldn't they be above this by now? You don't see us do that mickey mouse type of shit
    No offense, but you need to change the title of this thread because OSU doesn't exist. The college in Stillwater is The University of I Hate OU. I have yet to meet one OSU fan who could look me in the eye & deny that they'd consider it a good day if both OU & OSU lost.

vCash

Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
    No offense, but you need to change the title of this thread because OSU doesn't exist. The college in Stillwater is The University of I Hate OU. I have yet to meet one OSU fan who could look me in the eye & deny that they'd consider it a good day if both OU & OSU lost.
    lolwut...there is some serious hatred towards OU fans but I know some even keel fans that I won't consider the whole lot based on the actions of a few

having said that, they still don't have rush the court or the field every time they beat OU

vCash

Re: Do the OSU Cowboys have to rush the court/field every time they beat OU?

God I ****ing hate them. Nothing but white trash
    The following users like this post: Chuvan

vCash

Fake Dan Beebe ‏@DanBeebe
    If I were still commissioner, I would have given Oklahoma State the loss for rushing the court like that. Amateur hour.

National media picked up on it.
    Scott Van Pelt ‏@notthefakeSVP
    Give Oklahoma St a break, it's the first time a lot of those folks have seen a game there this year. They don't know who the ranked team is
    3 users like oorah_okie's post: COLLISON ANGRY, greensooner, Jestermonkey

****s
    2 users like 85sooners's post: Chuvan, SarasotaSooner

Re: Do the OSU Cowboys have to rush the court/field every time they beat OU?

We acted aggie like when we beat them in football.

Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    We acted aggie like when we beat them in football.
    Oh yeah, I remember when we rushed the field after that game.

Thats just the way it is. OSU is the land grant school and 99% of land grant schools have inferiority complexes over the flagship schools.

vCash

Even funnier to think about is how many OSU fans call us "fair weather fans" saying we only show up when our team is winning. Using the basketball example of the past few years and the football years of the 90s.... Well aren't they REALLY talking about themselves? The only time they can fill up GIA and "bring the rowdy back" is when they are a ranked team and T Boone gives tickets away. Such a funny contradiction. And they still can't even sell out football games
    The following users like this post: drspencer

Originally Posted by COLLISON ANGRY View Post
    Even funnier to think about is how many OSU fans call us "fair weather fans" saying we only show up when our team is winning. Using the basketball example of the past few years and the football years of the 90s.... Well aren't they REALLY talking about themselves? The only time they can fill up GIA and "bring the rowdy back" is when they are a ranked team and T Boone gives tickets away. Such a funny contradiction. And they still can't even sell out football games
    Where did you go to school? We are fair weather fans.

vCash

Who gives a shit about OSU?

Trying to teach OU how to do it. Don't make a feable attempt against a team that just lost to TCU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vCash

Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
    Trying to teach OU how to do it. Don't make a feable attempt against a team that just lost to TCU

Will you say that if OSU wins on Wednesday?

I wonder how much you guys will **** after OSU storms the field in Stillwater this year after another bedlam rout.

vCash

Originally Posted by Gundy's Lettuce View Post
    I wonder how much you guys will **** after OSU storms the field in Stillwater this year after another bedlam rout.
    I understand why y'all rushed the field in 2011 - first conference title, first Bedlam win in 8 years - but say one or both teams are mediocre next year, say we're playing for the Alamo Bowl. Would that really be necessary? If both teams stink or one has a significantly worse record and the field is rushed, you're basically saying "Nothing's changed since 1998!".
    2 users like oorah_okie's post: Mississippi Sooner, StiffArmTrophy

vCash

He's got hiiiiggggghhh hopes.... He's got higggggghhhh hopes...

Originally Posted by Sooner209 View Post
    Will you say that if OSU wins on Wednesday?
    Maybe.

vCash

Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post

ignorant shit, you guys were ranked 17th while we were unranked...you storm the court b/c you guys are a bunch of idiots...hell it didn't even seem genuine from the student section b/c you guys storm the court so much after each win

vCash

Yes, every single time.

Didn't you guys celebrate for 20 minutes after a football win at home over a supposed team you guys don't consider rivals?

vCash

Originally Posted by Cowboy1964adam View Post
    Yes, every single time.

Didn't you guys celebrate for 20 minutes after a football win at home over a supposed team you guys don't consider rivals?
    we don't rush the field, quite different to celebrate a win and have as many fans as can get on the field as possible...you guys think that's standard for some reason

i'll give OSU their due respect, they are a tough rival at this time but look at it like this 83-17-7 is hard to make take OSU seriously for most fans as rivals

we don't rush the field, quite different to celebrate a win and have as many fans as can get on the field as possible...you guys think that's standard for some reason.
    So if the 800 fans who wound up on the court had gotten there in a slower more orderly fashion, it would have been OK? Gotcha. We learn so much about who to be a first class program from here.

vCash

Originally Posted by JCBAustinPoke View Post
    So if the 800 fans who wound up on the court had gotten there in a slower more orderly fashion, it would have been OK? Gotcha. We learn so much about who to be a first class program from here.
    were you even there? the atmosphere was like they rush the court after every game

you don't even know what first class is, you pokes are so damn concerned with anything OU and that is what you put on display

vCash

Just own it, Pokes. Rush to field/court after every win.

You guys need a schtick.
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie

just for the record I was not at the game and I do not necessarily agree with the act of the fans rushing the court as it was not really justified in this case and im pretty sure all the pokes who rushed the court knew this too and it seems to me to be all part of an elaborate troll on sooner nation which appears to be working because you all continue to **** about it and refuse to accept the fact that yall were defeated.

vCash

just for the record I was not at the game and I do not necessarily agree with the act of the fans rushing the court as it was not really justified in this case and im pretty sure all the pokes who rushed the court knew this too and it seems to me to be all part of an elaborate troll on sooner nation which appears to be working because you all continue to **** about it and refuse to accept the fact that yall were defeated.
    Yay, OSU beat OU in basketball!

Too bad this isn't the East Coast, its a football state

vCash

I accepted the fact we lost and even mentioned it was a good win for OSU in the OP. If you refuse to ****ing read, I can't help you on this matter any further. We all know you won, yet you guys act like kids every time you win. Act like you've been there some time and you might get rid of the stepbrother mentality one day. As it is, you guys are exactly as described in this thread.

I accepted the fact we lost and even mentioned it was a good win for OSU in the OP. If you refuse to ****ing read, I can't help you on this matter any further. We all know you won, yet you guys act like kids every time you win. Act like you've been there some time and you might get rid of the stepbrother mentality one day. As it is, you guys are exactly as described in this thread.
    Let me re-phrase my previous statement. Rather then reject the fact that you lost, you are trying to escape it by focusing on how the fans rushed the court as you all have done in this thread

vCash

Let me re-phrase my previous statement. Rather then reject the fact that you lost, you are trying to escape it by focusing on how the fans rushed the court as you all have done in this thread
    no, asking a serious question...why do you guys still rush the court/field after every bedlam win? you can avoid the subject of the thread all you want but the question still remains and it's a good question

I am not escaping anything here, you continue to avert the question by jumping to conclusions as to the purpose and intent of this thread

If you can't answer the question, just state it as such

vCash

I'm not really bothered by this. People expressed excitement after an energizing game.

no, asking a serious question...why do you guys still rush the court/field after every bedlam win? you can avoid the subject of the thread all you want but the question still remains and it's a good question

I am not escaping anything here, you continue to avert the question by jumping to conclusions as to the purpose and intent of this thread

If you can't answer the question, just state it as such
    Well I already said I did not really see the justification in rushing the court on Saturday because we were the better team and should have won. As for football I think that rushing the field is pretty justified because as lopsided as the rivalry is every win deserves to be celebrated to the highest degree.

vCash

Well I already said I did not really see the justification in rushing the court on Saturday because we were the better team and should have won. As for football I think that rushing the field is pretty justified because as lopsided as the rivalry is every win deserves to be celebrated to the highest degree.
    I don't think anyone was saying the football rushing the field was unjustified. Hell I at least understand the rushing the field after winning the game in 2011. Why rush the court though after the bball game where OSU was ranked 17 and OU was unranked? That's my only only question. Usually, a rushing of the field/court means that win was unexpected or a "monumental" win. Bedlam football 2011 was pretty monumental for OSU wouldn't you think? I don't think yesterday's win was exactly monumental. Great win, nonetheless, but not monumental. Do you see what I mean?
    The following users like this post: greensooner

Originally Posted by NortheastOK_Sooner View Post
    I don't think anyone was saying the football rushing the field was unjustified. Hell I at least understand the rushing the field after winning the game in 2011. Why rush the court though after the bball game where OSU was ranked 17 and OU was unranked? That's my only only question. Usually, a rushing of the field/court means that win was unexpected or a "monumental" win. Bedlam football 2011 was pretty monumental for OSU wouldn't you think? I don't think yesterday's win was exactly monumental. Great win, nonetheless, but not monumental. Do you see what I mean?
    I thought it was a bit strange and a pretty half ass court rushing effort. Even though he was half joking, I think SVP was pretty close to the reason. It's hard to act like you've been there before since most of those kids don't remember being there.

Scott Van Pelt ‏@notthefakeSVP
    Give Oklahoma St a break, it's the first time a lot of those folks have seen a game there this year. They don't know who the ranked team is

I think it's funny that the OSU fans are trying to defend themselves on an OU site. Lost cause guys. good job good effort.
    The following users like this post: drspencer

I thought it was a little gay to rush the court.
    And I'd say it wasn't a "great win" for OSU... this was a game they should have won and 99% of people probably had it chalked up as so.
    If OU had won in Stillwater, and swept the series, that would have been a great win.

On another note, its great that both OU and OSU are good enough to be contending for spots in the tournament, and give fans a reason to be excited about basketball again.
    I mean, when's the last time both OU and OSU beat Kansas in the same season? That's pretty impressive in itself.

vCash

OU beat OSU by more points than OSU beat OU by. OU was missing a starter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

vCash

When it comes down to it, I'm a fan of the state of Oklahoma. Can't we all just agree that OSU fans are losers at heart, obsessed with OU and as such are forever stuck in that little brother mentality?

Cone on guys, we can all agree on that.

A little late to this argument but I will add this; I was at the KU/TU game Saturday and they showed highlights of the OU/OkSt game prior...the KU folks were laughing at them. It was bush. Just wanted to spread some perspective from some outside of the state.

Originally Posted by Dexa View Post
    I'm not really bothered by this. People expressed excitement after an energizing game.
    Did they rush the court after beating Baylor in OT a couple weeks ago?

vCash

I wonder how much you guys will **** after OSU storms the field in Stillwater when they win again in 9 or 10 years.
    Fixed for statistical accuracy
    The following users like this post: Stein7495

vCash

Originally Posted by Morningwood View Post
    When it comes down to it, I'm a fan of the state of Oklahoma. Can't we all just agree that OSU fans are losers at heart, obsessed with OU and as such are forever stuck in that little brother mentality?

Cone on guys, we can all agree on that.
    This kind of lame act happens when one program is historically worse than another and happens to win. Even being ranked they honestly felt that they could lose this game with their coach, who absolutely blows, and superior talent or else they never would have rushed.

vCash
    The gray place between expectations and reality.

Originally Posted by NortheastOK_Sooner View Post
    Here's my take on a "real" response.

First off, the question is flawed. We don't rush the field/court "every time" we beat OU. In fact, I can't remember the last time we rushed the court after beating OU in basketball. Off the top of my head, the past several "court rushes" in basketball were:
    • Beating #2 Missouri last year (huge upset obviously)
    • Beating #1 Kansas in 2010 (again, obvious big upset)
    • Beating Texas in 2004 (game that essentially clinched the Big 12 title)

The only other game that I can possibly remember us *maybe* rushing the court would have been the Bedlam game in 2001 or 2002? The Victor Williams last second shot game... Although I'm not 100% sure on that. Maybe others remember. I think we also might have rushed the court after immediate post-plane crash game vs. Missouri in 2001. Again, not 100% sure on that.

As for football, as you and others pointed out, the rush after winning in 2011 was really more about winning our first conference football title in forever.

As for Saturday, I don't necessarily agree with rushing the court after that game, but I understand it. The rush wasn't necessarily about just beating OU... it was about celebrating the renewed atmosphere inside GIA.

This was the first time that this batch of students got to experience GIA in its full force. It's hard to describe the energy in the building unless you're there. Back in the day, the students were basically used to that energy because it happened all the time. But it's new for the current students and rushing the court is just a natural extension celebrating that fact.

So no, the victory itself certainly wasn't "monumental", but GIA returning to its full glory for, really, the first time in the Travis Ford era was something that was monumental to those of us who remember what it used to be like.

I wouldn't expect people on the outside to understand that, but for those of us who have an emotional attachment to OSU basketball and to a full, rowdy GIA, it means a lot. I think the students were celebrating that, more than anything.

Originally Posted by oSuJeff97 View Post
    Here's my take on a "real" response.

First off, the question is flawed. We don't rush the field/court "every time" we beat OU. In fact, I can't remember the last time we rushed the court after beating OU in basketball. Off the top of my head, the past several "court rushes" in basketball were:
    • Beating #2 Missouri last year (huge upset obviously)
    • Beating #1 Kansas in 2010 (again, obvious big upset)
    • Beating Texas in 2004 (game that essentially clinched the Big 12 title)

The only other game that I can possibly remember us *maybe* rushing the court would have been the Bedlam game in 2001 or 2002? The Victor Williams last second shot game... Although I'm not 100% sure on that. Maybe others remember. I think we also might have rushed the court after immediate post-plane crash game vs. Missouri in 2001. Again, not 100% sure on that.

As for football, as you and others pointed out, the rush after winning in 2011 was really more about winning our first conference football title in forever.

As for Saturday, I don't necessarily agree with rushing the court after that game, but I understand it. The rush wasn't necessarily about just beating OU... it was about celebrating the renewed atmosphere inside GIA.

This was the first time that this batch of students got to experience GIA in its full force. It's hard to describe the energy in the building unless you're there. Back in the day, the students were basically used to that energy because it happened all the time. But it's new for the current students and rushing the court is just a natural extension celebrating that fact.

So no, the victory itself certainly wasn't "monumental", but GIA returning to its full glory for, really, the first time in the Travis Ford era was something that was monumental to those of us who remember what it used to be like.

I wouldn't expect people on the outside to understand that, but for those of us who have an emotional attachment to OSU basketball and to a full, rowdy GIA, it means a lot. I think the students were celebrating that, more than anything.
    I can agree a bit with the GIA thing you were talking about but Bedlam football in 2011 was not mostly for winning a conference title. It was mostly about beating OU for the first time in 8 years and only the 17th time in school history.

vCash
    The gray place between expectations and reality.

Originally Posted by Stein7495 View Post
    I can agree a bit with the GIA thing you were talking about but Bedlam football in 2011 was not mostly for winning a conference title. It was mostly about beating OU for the first time in 8 years and only the 17th time in school history.
    Really?

So you took a survey of the students and fans who rushed the field, did you?

I guess the students and fans who were parading around the field chanting "Big 12 Champs! Big 12 Champs!" were really more excited about beating OU than being Big 12 champs?

Originally Posted by oSuJeff97 View Post
    Really?

So you took a survey of the students and fans who rushed the field, did you?

I guess the students and fans who were parading around the field chanting "Big 12 Champs! Big 12 Champs!" were really more excited about beating OU than being Big 12 champs?
    Obviously being Big 12 Champs had something to do with it but you know beating OU was equally important or more important (for some) to the students who rushed the field. I don't blame them though for doing it in football, but this year's basketball scenario was not one to "court rush."

vCash

Obviously I'm an OSU fan and I thought that was dumb too. Rush the court after beating an unranked team at home?