Cruise ships

Posted 673 day(s) ago 1858 Views 57 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Cruise ships

Caught part of a pieces yesterday discussing sanitation and spreading sicknesses on cruise ships. In a nutshell, out breaks of stomach viruses and the flu are quite common, but often covered from the majority of the guests. I've never gone on a cruise before, but after seeing the little 2-3 minute news spot yesterday I don't think I ever will.

all-inclusive beach resorts >>>>>> cruises. Even without having to poop in bio bags and walk on raw sewage and sleep in an ad-hoc shantytown on the pool deck.

But if I were 20 and single, I'd probably pick a cruise
    4 users like Morningwood's post: bushmaster06, CookiePuss, LVSOONER15, pbc2003

Seems like every 6 months someone kills their wife/girlfriend on one and drops them off the side. Thats the only thing I know about them

No offense intended towards you who live in trailers, but whenever I think of cruises, I think of trailer trash. No way in hell will I go -- alone or with my family -- on a cruise (unless it's one of those that are incredibly upscale, but even then, I wouldn't pay for it).

lol went once not my thing.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

Don't be poor. Oceania Cruise Line. Carnival is a frat party on the water.

Originally Posted by tfoolry View Post
    I've heard that before. I'm sure their are plenty of STDs exchanged on those.

Cruises are for lolpoors. No way else to put it. If you want to visit the Caribbean, save up, fly to an all-inclusive or another island resort, and not have to deal with passengers who suffer from extreme fat and cheapness.
    3 users like Bruno Gianelli's post: CookiePuss, Shooter, SoCaliSooner

Cruise ships

The worst way to do things is to do things halfassed. Cruises always seemed like a halfassed vacation.
    The following users like this post: SirPrize

Cruise ships

I've said this before on here, but the only cruise I would ever consider going on is the Alaskan one.
    4 users like mgsooner's post: AcousticSoup, CookiePuss, the_Mont, zevogolf

Originally Posted by Bruno Gianelli View Post
    Cruises are for lolpoors. No way else to put it. If you want to visit the Caribbean, save up, fly to an all-inclusive or another island resort, and not have to deal with passengers who suffer from extreme fat and cheapness.
    So much of this. My wife is trying to get me to go on a Disney cruise, as if somehow the fact that there will be personifications of animated characters will make the cruise experience not suck total ass. I'm not doing it.
    The only way I'm going to travel a long distance on a big ass boat is if I own it and the only other people on it either work for me or I invited them.
    2 users like Shooter's post: bushmaster06, CookiePuss

Cruise ships

I think I'd rather go on the "shit in a bag" cruise than the Disney one.
    The following users like this post: Morningwood

Re: Cruise ships

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    I think I'd rather go on the "shit in a bag" cruise than the Disney one.
    lol

Stranded cruise ship > Hawai'i.

I've said this before on here, but the only cruise I would ever consider going on is the Alaskan one.
    Alaska would be cool, but I think I'd try a Mediterranean one if given a chance.

E . Carib. Make sure St. Maarten is a stop. French side.
    The following users like this post: jmizzy4ou

E . Carib. Make sure St. Maarten is a stop. French side.
    St. Maarten rocks, but the French side is St. Martin.
    **** a cruise. I had a blast on that island, but never had to worry about getting back on the ****ing boat.
    Oh, did I mention, **** cruises?

The port is st Maarten but Orient beach on st Martin is worth a visit. Cheap Amstel and nakedness.

The port is st Maarten but Orient beach on st Martin is worth a visit. Cheap Amstel and nakedness.
    Nakedness is all over the island, as is cheap beer. I prefer not to deal with the French.
    The following users like this post: bushmaster06

Did Carnival the last two years, booked an all inclusive at Playa Del Carmen this year. Cruise ships port activities last from 9 am to like 4 pm. All inclusive you are there the whole time. We finally saw the light.
    2 users like barlowd's post: CookiePuss, Shooter

I was at st Thomas and air craft carrier my dad was on was taken out of commission (Constellation) and guys from ship were at bar on shore and we were all ****ed up at 4 and cruise ship was to leave then but I delayed it about 15 min due to those navy guys.

I would not even do Oceania. Yachts of Seabourn, Regent, Silver Sea, and Windstar are all I would consider now.

Cruise ships

We did an Adriatic cruise last year, which was a great way to see that part of the world. We would never cruise the Caribbean and feel like cruising would ruin most vacations.

Originally Posted by IndySooner View Post
    We did an Adriatic cruise last year, which was a great way to see that part of the world. We would never cruise the Caribbean and feel like cruising would ruin most vacations.
    Agreed. We did Med cruise a while back that was a 12 night and we stopped every day except one. It was a great way to see stuff. Caribbean, not so much except maybe Windstar.

Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    No offense intended towards you who live in trailers, but whenever I think of cruises, I think of trailer trash. No way in hell will I go -- alone or with my family -- on a cruise (unless it's one of those that are incredibly upscale, but even then, I wouldn't pay for it).
    I've been on only one, and I did notice a lot of trailer trash. We left out of LA and did the Pacific coast of Mexico. What I learned was that the cruise line offers incredible discounts to the locals the week prior to departure in order to fill up the empty cabins. That's where all the trailer trash come from.

Sponge has spoken. "Don't be poor"

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    I've been on only one . . .
    Manning an oar during the Norse invasion of England is not a cruise.
    3 users like suncoastsooner's post: greensooner, oucub23, SirPrize

Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    I would not even do Oceania. Yachts of Seabourn, Regent, Silver Sea, and Windstar are all I would consider now.
    Regent and Oceania are both owned by Prestige Cruise Holdings and Oceania is more profitable and has two new ships. Windstar just came out of bankruptcy a few yrs ago but is prob better today after Xanterra dumped $10M into it. Oceania has the longest advance booking timeframe I know of so take that for what it's worth.

Biter End - BVI
    also been on a cruise was fun and not that bad of a vacation...

Son wants to do the Nickelodeon cruise ...might not happen

Originally Posted by suncoastsooner View Post
    Manning an oar during the Norse invasion of England is not a cruise.
    I laughed so damn hard --- love ya sting but this was funny
    The following users like this post: McRib

My Godparents are taking one in a few months that leaves from Rome I think. I'd probably be interested in that.
    The following users like this post: McRib

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    My Godparents are taking one in a few months that leaves from Rome I think. I'd probably be interested in that.
    Rome is on my travel bucket list

Have to agree that All-Inclusive is by far better. Nice room>>>>shitty cabin

Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    **cough**disney**cough**

Originally Posted by SoonerArtillery View Post
    **cough**disney**cough**
    Already did it. Disaster!
    The following users like this post: SoonerArtillery

I know some folks with the CDC's vessel sanitation program . . . the stories they could tell.

And there is now way I want to be "held captive" on a floating trailer with 1000 other smelly people . . . the norovirus is enough to keep me off of those things.

St. Marten rocks. So did St. Thomas.

Oh ****ing well, I love cruising. I hope to never get noro on a cruise but if I did then just spend a couple of days near toilets, get refund on said cruise and obtain voucher for free/discounted cruise for my next one. Shit happens.
    The following users like this post: SSSSSSMMMMMMCCCCC

Lolpoors? I love cruising, been on 3 about to go on my 4th. I like hitting multiple ports, I get tired of the same place after several days (with the exception of my recent jaunt to Ireland).

I like the food, the not having to drive or be in control anywhere....I get if its not your thing, but for ****s sake it doesn't make it trailer trash or poor...I've seen all walks of life do all types of vacation, and my experience with all inclusives is more of the trailer trash and lolpoors than anywhere else.
    6 users like SSSSSSMMMMMMCCCCC's post: apr727, Aurora, McRib, nolesooner, SoonerBeerSnob, Wailer

I'm poor. I'm just gonna go to Vegas with my wife and talk her into doing cocaine and a 3way with a stripper. **** a beach. Its sand, get over it.

Just take your own yacht to your own villa on your own island you pathetic ****s. Chef can make some crappy cruise type food if you're in the mood to slum it.
    4 users like soonerbornsoonerbrett's post: Keef, oucub23, soonerdm, SSSSSSMMMMMMCCCCC

Originally Posted by soonerbornsoonerbret View Post
    Just take your own yacht to your own villa on your own island you pathetic ****s. Chef can make some crappy cruise type food if you're in the mood to slum it.
    Good call. I'm not really sure why the LT collective is even thinking of resorts? Pretty sure they have their own villas on private islands. And **** St. Marten. Monte Carlo for a month is where its at!!

I prefer the all inclusive resorts, I enjoy not spending any more money once I get there and having no itinerary.
    3 users like smot poker's post: oSuJeff97, Shooter, waynepayne

Thinking about booking a cruise and every time I do something jacked up happens on a cruise ship..

The gray place between expectations and reality.

I was lucky enough to go on a cruise once that was mostly paid for by my in-laws.

It was nice enough... went to the eastern Caribbean and back out of Miami... stopped at St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Puerto Rico and Grand Turk.

My thought was that there was no way I'd pay for something like that myself. The cost/benefit just wasn't there. Any drink that wasn't water was just outrageously expensive while on the ship, and really all there was to do with gamble, drink, eat or go to badly done Broadway-type shows.

I liked the stops, but you don't really have that much time to explore and really see the places... you basically have 8 hours or whatever before you have to be back on the boat.

I'd much rather plan a destination trip, ski trip, etc., for the money.

Originally Posted by Bruno Gianelli View Post
    bingo....cruises are for fat people and eurotrash. no exceptions.

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Thinking about booking a cruise and every time I do something jacked up happens on a cruise ship..
    do it. you'll fit right in.