Norman

Posted 650 day(s) ago 967 Views 30 Replies

Schooner Norman

I'm coming down to Norman with some Iowa State people for the OU game on March 2nd....Any places that we should hit up the night before the game?

Sugar's on Campus Corner. A very classy establishment.

How old are you?

Norman

Dude, there's a McDonald's on Lindsey that you totally have to go check out. Worth the trip!

Originally Posted by CycloneBlake View Post
    22+
    K, I don't actually have any suggestions, I just wanted to know.
    The following users like this post: OUdrewDU

Norman

Depends...are you a douche or not?

For dinner I'd suggest Victoria's Pasta Shop on the northwest corner of White and Buchanan streets.

For drinks, it really depends on what you're into. The Library is a tiny beer bar on Boyd in between Chautauqua and College, my personal favorite spot. Abner's is downtown on Main Street for a more pub-like atmosphere. The Deli is a dive with live local music a half block from Victoria's. And if you just want to go to some clubby bars you can hit Campus Corner.
    The following users like this post: mgsooner

Norman

If you're a douche, Seven47 or Logan's. If you're not a douche, The Library.
    The following users like this post: Mosh For Jesus

Is Capones in SE OKC still open? Used to be lots of nice girls there.

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    This!

Drive to Dallas after the game.

Norman isn't a real rowdy town. Their isn't a lot of staggering drunk chick action that goes on like some places. However, the set up is very similar to Ames in that there is a bunch of establishments right next to campus (Campus Corner) and then there is downtown. The difference there is that in Ames it's pretty much the Ag complex and Hilton between downtown and campus.

Between Campus Corner and downtown in Norman there are a bunch of churches, so you can repent of your debauchery between locations.
    The following users like this post: Morningwood

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    If you bathe, Seven47 or Logan's. If you don't, The Library
    2 users like HeroOfTheDay's post: DRminimega67, McRib

RAYS BBQ FOR LUNCH !
    2 users like CrimsonHeaven's post: beelzeBob, fdubzou

Bricktown * The Mantle

Blackbirds and Bird's Nest are cool joints as well

The Brewhouse has some good home brews

Are any of these "friends" hot women? I'd say a friend wants to know but the truth is every swinging dick on the board does.

I'm coming down to Norman with some Iowa State people for the OU game on March 2nd....Any places that we should hit up the night before the game?
    Das Bootcamp. German beer and food at affordable price. On main street.

Thanks for all the suggestions, we ended up only going to seven47 since we got in late Friday, but it was a nice place, great prices...then ended up hitting up Fuzzy's and Diamond Dogs, both supurb late night food choices! I'd definitely make the trip back to Norman for a game.... Also congrats on the W and it looks like this won't be the last time ISU/OU dukes it out this season...

Thanks for all the suggestions, we ended up only going to seven47 since we got in late Friday, but it was a nice place, great prices...then ended up hitting up Fuzzy's and Diamond Dogs, both supurb late night food choices! I'd definitely make the trip back to Norman for a game.... Also congrats on the W and it looks like this won't be the last time ISU/OU dukes it out this season...
    Glad ya had fun, sorry about the outcome. You guys just couldn't hit a 3...it happens. ISU can still do damage in the tourney.

So you're a douche. Cool.

Originally Posted by HeroOfTheDay View Post
    Glad ya had fun, sorry about the outcome. You guys just couldn't hit a 3...it happens. ISU can still do damage in the tourney.
    I'm not sorry about the outcome.
    The following users like this post: CycloneBlake

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    I'm not sorry about the outcome.
    **** Iowa State.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    **** Iowa State.
    Apparently there always has to be that guy....and for what its worth, you should probably take your "cool little wooden paddle" and shove it where the sun rarely shines....
    2 users like CycloneBlake's post: Mosh For Jesus, oucub23

Apparently there always has to be that guy....and for what its worth, you should probably take your "cool little wooden paddle" and shove it where the sun rarely shines....
    Hah.

Appreciate you coming down to see us. As for KC, him being from up there he has a lot more enmity for our old Big 8 foes than most of us do. But I promise you he'd be for ISU against Mizzou.

Sam Noble Museum of Natural History, learn something.
    The following users like this post: Stein7495

Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    Appreciate you coming down to see us. As for KC, him being from up there he has a lot more enmity for our old Big 8 foes than most of us do. But I promise you he'd be for ISU against Mizzou.
    As far as old Big 8 foes go, I can honestly say I have the least amount of bitterness towards Iowa State. Almost none for that matter. They have only beaten us 5 times in football...ever.