Bungie's DESTINY

Posted 671 day(s) ago 4868 Views 240 Replies
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3

Bungie's DESTINY

Looks pretty epic, maybe moreso, than Halo.

The following users like this post: SoonerBeerSnob

I'm pretty interested in what they are doing. They are still petty vague about what the project.

Hopefully we don't have to wait until e3 to get a proper gameplay trailer. It looks good though. I'm curious to know more about the MMOish nature of the game.

And is the the first game that is officially announced for next-gen even though the next-gen consoles haven't even been announced yet?

The the new Star Wars game is next gen, and watch dogs is also next gen

Originally Posted by LASooner View Post
    The the new Star Wars game is next gen, and watch dogs is also next gen
    Watch Dogs has my interest, for sure.

Great story on it here http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...ope-and-dreams They mentioned it being on both current gen (Xbox 360, PS3) and next gen Sony and Microsoft consoles.
    Also it is essentially a first person shooter MMO. Cannot wait. The sheer depth of story and lore that Bungie puts into their games is enough to sell me on this game.

The following users like this post: drspencer

In Bungie I trust.

The following users like this post: SoonerBeerSnob

Sony having Bungie as their final announcement was a bit of a poke in the eye to microsoft.

Originally Posted by SoonerBeerSnob View Post
    Sony having Bungie as their final announcement was a bit of a poke in the eye to microsoft.
    In a sense. But it will be released day and date on the new Xbox as well.
    They announced some "PS4 only" content. My guess is there will be Xbox only content as well.

Bungie is making this game for Activision, ATVI doesn't put it's eggs in one basket, it will be on everything at launch to maximize profits.

Rinse, Repeat, Dominate the industry.

Originally Posted by LASooner View Post
    Bungie is making this game for Activision, ATVI doesn't put it's eggs in one basket, it will be on everything at launch to maximize profits.

Rinse, Repeat, Dominate the industry.
    Day 1 DLC confirmed!

/jk

Looks like The Imp (Aka: the God of Tits and Wine, AKA: The Demon Monkey) will be your companion as you make your way through Destiny.

"New" Destiny gameplay video. It seems the same demo played at E3 but without the crowd noise and cuts to the audience.
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/07/03...ay-walkthrough

Destiny releases 7 min of new gameplay

Anyone playing the Beta? Have to wait until the Xbone gets it next week. Game looks cool though.

I am/did. Awesome game. I was hesitant about it at first since it was from the makers of halo which I'm not a fan, but they made a great game. Like GOTY good!

If anyone has extra beta codes for the Xbox 360 that they don't want, please shoot them my way. I'm looking for at least 3 for myself and 2 friends. Email: oukingpen at gmail dot com. Thanks!

Us X1 owners are getting dicked; beta starts tomorrow and ends for us on Saturday, Gamestop is having issues getting beta codes for preorders, something is up with their own system. I'm going to call today to see if it's fixed, apparently Bungie is giving 4-5 codes with each preorder code registered.

Pre-ordered mine on Amazon, came with 3 codes (already gave the other two out or I'd hook you up, sorry). Beta should be back up Wednesday @ noon CST, Saturday is the day you really want to be on. Bungie said "The rewards will be handsome and permanent."

If anyone needs a code just preorder the game off Amazon, get the code, and then cancel the preorder if you want.

Originally Posted by SoopaSooner View Post
    If anyone needs a code just preorder the game off Amazon, get the code, and then cancel the preorder if you want.
    I would but I'm having trouble taking my eyes off your avatar.
    The following users like this post: SoopaSooner

Originally Posted by SoopaSooner View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Just go my codes. Completely forgot about Amazon. duh.
    The following users like this post: SoopaSooner

Beta is back up from maintenance early. As in, now.

I really like this game. A definite day one purchase for me. I have an extra Xbox One code if anyone wants it. PM me first come first serve.

Yeah I played for like nearly 5 hours last night, game is pretty neato.

Downloaded yesterday but didn't have time to give it a go yet. I'll probably waste my night tonight on it.

I entered the code last night (XBONE) and it said welcome to destiny but I couldn't find where to download it ....am I missing something?

Not sure about XBONE, I had to go to the PS store to start the DL.

Be wary though, its like 13GB and takes an hour or two to load. plan accordingly.

Just pre ordered mine on PS4. I will get home and try the Beta out.

Originally Posted by SoonerBeerSnob View Post
    I entered the code last night (XBONE) and it said welcome to destiny but I couldn't find where to download it ....am I missing something?
    If should have just shown up in the queue under My Games and Apps.
    I'd guess it's probably done downloading and just sitting in your Games folder at this point.

Jumped in last night.

I liked the combat and control. Definitely felt more like CoD or Titanfall than Halo.

The back and forth to the same area got a little tedious in the roughly four hours I played.

Loot and guns were decent. I'm a gear hoarder and that could be trouble in a game like this.

Overall, I'm hoping they're holding out a ton of content. Even though I enjoyed what I played, I'm not really an MMO guy and I'm not sure how this will continue to be fun long term.

Yeah I agree, some of the missions started to get repetitive like Borderlands.

Has anyone here played in the crucible yet? What's it like?

I played for a bit last night. Got up to level 4.

Overall, I basically have no idea what I'm doing. I don't completely understand how currency and stuff like that works. And I spent A LOT of time in the Tower trying to figure out how to dance. I was super pissed when I figured out how easy it was.
    The following users like this post: Jive Turkey11

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    I played for a bit last night. Got up to level 4.

Overall, I basically have no idea what I'm doing. I don't completely understand how currency and stuff like that works. And I spent A LOT of time in the Tower trying to figure out how to dance. I was super pissed when I figured out how easy it was.
    I never figured it out. I had like 6 dudes run up and dance at me and I could only jump and crouch.

I'm with you on currency too. I only managed to pick up a little and I never had much use for it because I picked up better gear than I could buy. I was also listening to Giant Bomb and they said there are several forms of currency in the game. Who knows.

The currency are those blue cube looking icons right? That's how I took it, I'm an item hoarder as well but I was "dismantling" a lot of gear and guns I got cause that leads to a good handful of..well..those blue cube looking things. My fireteam last night was interesting, one of my buddies acquired a sweet sniper rifle through loot while some of my best guns have been bought at the tower. It's all random.

You dance with the d-pad.

Also, there appear to actually be 3 types of currency or something. One is that blue stuff, one is called Vanguard, and one is something else.

Also, I got a sniper at some point in my first mission. I was playing with my friend and he had no idea how I got it. I thought you were supposed to get it during the mission, and everybody had it... But maybe not.

I also haven't gotten a "Heavy" weapon yet though, and am not super sure how you get that. I'm also not level 5 yet, so I haven't done the Crucible.

I got a heavy weapon by turning in an artifact I found during the mission where I hit level 5.

I'm also playing as a hunter and got my sniper rifle during an early mission. I've been following the story missions and it seems like you get a pretty good start by doing that.

I don't know what all the drops are exactly. I just pick up everything that glows and hope for the best.

The bosses in the game are a tedious pain in the ass. Once you get to the crucible prepare to be annoyed because people in there have really good weapons.

I played the crucible a little bit last night, and that is the last time I'll be playing it. I'll stick to the story mode with friends.

Only got to play about 2 hours and then I had to go into vacation mode. Got up to level 5 on my main character (human warlock) It is a lot better than I had thought it would be. I was de-hyping this game for a while now in my mind because it was starting to look too much like a halo clone especially with all the terminology similarities. It's a legit cool concept and fun game from what little I saw.

Level 7 (and a half) 7-8 hours played. Bored.

Not a fan of the crucible or the exploring side missions.

I cannot even dl the beta. Kept getting error code. suck is playstation store

Seems to open to everybody right now. Created all three classes. Each to level 3. I'm digging it for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beta closes today at 12am

Got to play just a few min of it

Originally Posted by runningwithscissors View Post
    Seems to open to everybody right now. Created all three classes. Each to level 3. I'm digging it for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What class you like the most?

I got a little fatigued but came back around to enjoying it and was sad to see them pull the plug. If they can keep up the content and vary missions, I'll be happy.