BIG XII/SEC Rant thread

Posted 670 day(s) ago 821 Views 15 Replies
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    BIG XII/SEC Rant thread

    Mightysooner said,
    I think it's the biggest part of it. I believe Big XII coaches are resigned to a belief system that whomever has the best QB and WR's wins the conference. That's all OU is about these days. Same with Baylor, OSU, Tech, formerly Misouri, WVU, and formerly A&M. The BIG XII has been all about QB's and WR's for the last 7-8 years and that's what they invest most of their recruiting capital in. Jamarcus McFarland and Granger were both the #1 DT in the nation when they were recruited here and McGee was the #1 DT in the state of OK. It's not that long ago that we brought those kids in, whether they panned out or didn't doesn't matter. Everybody was recruiting them and it's not that long ago. We've stopped prioritizing defensive players along the way over the last 3-4 years and it shows on the field with Big XII teams because they favor flashy QB's and WR's. Perception is reality.END OF QUOTE.

    Seems like our really good D Tackles are sorta wasted against the offenses we face.. If they are great pass rushers they contribute but run stoppers not so much.. We do need to change our offense IMO. AND, Our recruiting should be more defense oriented.

  2. #2
    Most of our class we just signed was on defense

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by OSUSUCKSDICK View Post
    Most of our class we just signed was on defense
    I think Mike's influence helped there... As a matter of fact I think Mike has been very imfluential. Firing coaches, Hiring coaches. Things Bob hasn't done much of since he's been at OU. Now, Fires 3.. Yep, One of the things I stated when Mike came back was Bob will listen to Mike and that is a good thing for OU.

  4. #4
    oorah_okie's Avatar
    Posts
    24,330
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Westeros

    Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    We've stopped prioritizing defensive players along the way over the last 3-4 years and it shows on the field with Big XII teams because they favor flashy QB's and WR's. Perception is reality.
    In terms of first round NFL talent, last year there was a feast of SEC defensive players (8) and a famine of Big 12 defensive players (0).
    The three years prior, however:
    2009 NFL Draft - 2 first round, defensive players from the Big 12, 2 first round, defensive players from the SEC.
    2010 NFL Draft - 4 first round, defensive players from the Big 12, 5 first round, defensive players from the SEC.
    2011 NFL Draft - 5 first round, defensive players from the Big 12, 3 first round, defensive players from the SEC.
    Total - 11 first round, defensive players from the Big 12 from 09 to 11, 10 first round, defensive players from the SEC from 09 to 11.

    So as you can see, before the last NFL Draft, the Big 12 had a slight edge in that category. A one year blip is not a trend and once again, boomermagic provides an example of how far his head is so deeply entrenched in his ass.

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    In terms of first round NFL talent, last year there was a feast of SEC defensive players (8) and a famine of Big 12 defensive players (0).
    The three years prior, however:
    2009 NFL Draft - 2 first round, defensive players from the Big 12, 2 first round, defensive players from the SEC.
    2010 NFL Draft - 4 first round, defensive players from the Big 12, 5 first round, defensive players from the SEC.
    2011 NFL Draft - 5 first round, defensive players from the Big 12, 3 first round, defensive players from the SEC.
    Total - 11 first round, defensive players from the Big 12 from 09 to 11, 10 first round, defensive players from the SEC from 09 to 11.

    So as you can see, before the last NFL Draft, the Big 12 had a slight edge in that category. A one year blip is not a trend and once again, boomermagic provides an example of how far his head is so deeply entrenched in his ass.
    Once again, Get your head out of your ass.. I didn't say what you quoted.. Mightysooner did. Keep up, Pay attention, Head up ass syndrone once again.. Come on, Pay attention now. lol ****ed up AGAIN didn't you ? BAHAHAHAHA..

  6. #6
    Oh geeze here we go

  7. #7
    oorah_okie's Avatar
    Posts
    24,330
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Westeros

    Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    Once again, Get your head out of your ass.. I didn't say what you quoted.. Mightysooner did. Keep up, Pay attention, Head up ass syndrone once again.. Come on, Pay attention now. lol ****ed up AGAIN didn't you ? BAHAHAHAHA..
    You obviously agreed with that statement, so much so that you felt it warranted its own thread.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Soonerlife View Post
    Oh geeze here we go
    Again for the 100th time this offseason...
    The following users like this post: McRib


  9. #9
    Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    Again for the 100th time this offseason...
    And the offseason is just starting we could be going for a record
    3 users like Soonerlife's post: drspencer, McRib, soonirvana


  10. #10
    Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    You obviously agreed with that statement, so much so that you felt it warranted its own thread.
    Again, Pay attention.. You OBVIOUSLY don't know what is obvious and what isn't.. Instead of constantly running down a poster because you disagree why not just disagree and move on ? OR just don't post on the thread or comment. I would appreciate you just putting me on ignore so my time is not wasted by your posts. I will do the same. I'm not here to run posters down that I disagree with or for any reason.. Tell ya what, Let's just stick to the topics and that won't happen.
    The following users like this post: Sooner 4 Life


  11. #11
    oorah_okie's Avatar
    Posts
    24,330
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Westeros

    The following users like this post: Stein7495


  12. #12
    WTF ? I think we are off topic again. Back to football and recruiting, I think Mike is going to be an excellent recruiter I don't think just because a team is in the sec they will recruit better players. Recruiting is something that a coach has to be determined and persistant to win the recruit he wants for his team.. I'm surprised that texas recruited so many OL prospects and we didn't do better in texas with linemen.. Maybe thats one reason for the firings.

  13. #13
    Onikuno's Avatar
    Posts
    2,495
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Otisburg, CA

    The bottom line is the SEC has won in recent years is that they own the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Stoops has FINALLY realized he needs to upgrade recruiting and coaching on the o-line and d-line if he wants to add any more crystal to the Switzer Center. It's not rocket science.

  14. #14

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Onikuno View Post
    The bottom line is the SEC has won in recent years is that they own the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Stoops has FINALLY realized he needs to upgrade recruiting and coaching on the o-line and d-line if he wants to add any more crystal to the Switzer Center. It's not rocket science.
    Agreed.

  16. #16
    Originally Posted by Onikuno View Post
    The bottom line is the SEC has won in recent years is that they own the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Stoops has FINALLY realized he needs to upgrade recruiting and coaching on the o-line and d-line if he wants to add any more crystal to the Switzer Center. It's not rocket science.
    This

Similar Threads

  1. Official Offseason Rant Post Thread
    By OUrage in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 16th, 2013, 08:23 PM

Tags for this Thread