what do you think of Kenny Vaccaro?

Posted 589 day(s) ago 2821 Views 55 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Fuck Texas what do you think of Kenny Vaccaro?

The Rams need another safety and I have seen several mock drafts that have him going to the rams at 22.
    I don't remember him (or any whorns) doing much the last time we played them.
    Is he first round talent?

Personally, I would say no he is not. Though, I've seen a lot of NFL blogs say that they think he is.
    The following users like this post: oudidntknow84

See above play. I understand this play is more about Millard stoning Cobb in the hole; Vaccaro actually keep his gap responsibility. It's always nice to see a "first round" horn whiff on a tackle though.
    The following users like this post: allanace16

Just going to repost this from an old thread.
    Originally Posted by NateHeupelESQ View Post
    Deadly serious. Vaccaro is easily as good in coverage as Jefferson, and he's almost as athletic. He's a beast in run support, and he can cripple WR's coming over the middle. Put nicely, Manny Diaz probably cost him 2 or 3 million dollars with that ridiculous "fire zone" scheme. What Vaccaro is capable of in a competent secondary scheme would make him a picture perfect counterpoint to Tony Jefferson.
    Personally, I think the Rams are sold on Vaccaro and depending what lineman are still available at #16, they probably take him at #16 or #22. If they miss out on Vaccaro, it will not surprise me if they take Tony Jefferson in the second.
    The following users like this post: boleybuster

Not the end of the world, but I can see it from here.

Can't really argue with you, but he always seems a step or two slow on coverage. IMHO he's second round at best. I was surprised that he has been considered 1st round talent.

The only time I've ever really watched this guy was when we've beaten them these last 3 years. Vaccaro looks slow and overrated on the biggest stage of texas's regular season but he more than makes up for it when he dominates the Iowa state and Kansas receiving cores.

He is at the top of everybody's safety ranking for the draft. I'm guessing that the NFL people have slightly less biased view
    The following users like this post: handsomedude

Vaccaro is easily the best safety in this draft. He is a hybrid safety, he is good in coverage and good at tackling i.e he can cover the pass and run. The mediocre year Texas had overshadows the monster year Vaccaro had. He will most likely be an instant starter on whichever team drafts him but like all rookies he will need a few years to fully develop into whatever he may become.

I thought we made him look almost as bad as Greg Reid circa de 2010. JMO

and i think nfl scouts are looking at more film than just his games against ou retards

Originally Posted by madillsoonerfan5353 View Post

See above play. I understand this play is more about Millard stoning Cobb in the hole; Vaccaro actually keep his gap responsibility. It's always nice to see a "first round" horn whiff on a tackle though.
    Notice the guy behind the hot chick in the video with a blank stare on his face as he claps like he fully expected Williams to break that run.

Originally Posted by Gundy's Lettuce View Post
    and i think nfl scouts are looking at more film than just his games against ou retards
    Don't call OU players retards Flacco.

Overated. Chokes. Displays bad judgement at pizza parlors. Parlors! You do not hear that word very often. Tatoos are more impressive than his tackling.

Vaccaro acts gay. He doesn't look NFL to me.

Originally Posted by echo101 View Post
    Vaccaro acts gay. He doesn't look NFL to me.
    Better watch out...he may go all Darnell Docket on your face.

U think he is fabulous. Shame his eligibility is used up.

Toughness like his has been the hallmark of texas defenses.

good thing you think that's what they are doing, your opinion is such a valued one over here on LTs...thanks again for playing

Originally Posted by Stein7495 View Post
    Notice the guy behind the hot chick in the video with a blank stare on his face as he claps like he fully expected Williams to break that run.
    More like a used car or golf club salesman whose wife talked him into going to the game to improve his image,
    The following users like this post: Stein7495

That hit he almost put on Williams almost turned that game.
    The following users like this post: meandmybutt

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Don't call OU players retards Flacco.
    The retards was actually aimed towards the retards posting here rather than the retarted ou players.

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    good thing you think that's what they are doing, your opinion is such a valued one over here on LTs...thanks again for playing
    So are you saying that they do not look at more film than just the ou game?

Weird... I guess I just always assumed that scouts only look at film against OU if its available. Good to know.

Well, he's better than Blake Gideon. But then again, so am I.
    2 users like Widescreen's post: madillsoonerfan5353, meandmybutt

The only people who think Vaccaro sucks worse than OU fans are UT fans...

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    The only people who think Vaccaro sucks worse than OU fans are UT fans...
    Yeah, their fans hate on him all the time.

Vacarro not ready for prime time. He couldn't hold Tony Jefferson's jock. Horn fans are celebrating that Vacarro will no longer be on the team. If an NFL team drafts him, they will be drafting a liability.

I think he sucks.

Say what you want about UT stinking & all that, but when you objectively look at the list of DB's that Akina's (hands down UT's best coach, IMO ) turned out, well, I for one wouldn't bet against him. Personally I hope he's still there at #21 for Cincy.

Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
    Say what you want about UT stinking & all that, but when you objectively look at the list of DB's that Akina's (hands down UT's best coach, IMO ) turned out, well, I for one wouldn't bet against him. Personally I hope he's still there at #21 for Cincy.
    DBU

Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    Yeah, their fans hate on him all the time.
    No Texas fans hate on Vaccaro. He was the only player on the defense this year who played consistently well.

The only way Vacarro has a good NFL career is if every NFL team he faces is worse than OU.

what do you think of Kenny Vaccaro?

Who?

No Texas fans hate on Vaccaro. He was the only player on the defense this year who played consistently well.
    Try and look around some Texas message boards...
    The prevailing sentiment is that he's a ****y trash talker who never backed up his smack with his play on the field.

I guess I'm in the minority here...
    He's always impressed me. Texas put him in some tough matchup situations because he was their best dback. He got stuck covering the other teams best receiver a lot. This is something he won't have to do in the league. When he was manned up with KStills this past year, I think KStills only caught a couple of short balls. I've watched him closely in other games and he seems like the real deal. I don't have any inside knowledge, but from when I've heard him speak, he seems like an intelligent guy with a good attitude. I'm a Rams fan and I'd be happy with him at 22.

I think he is better than most of our fans (any some of theirs) give him credit for. I don't think he is as good as Earl Thomas was a few years ago.

I think is a pretty weak safety class

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9134215

Top DB in the draft courtesy of DBU
    part of a defense that gave up almost 120 points the last 2 years to this guy:
    The following users like this post: Gundy's Lettuce

Vaccaro is easily the best safety in this draft. He is a hybrid safety, he is good in coverage and good at tackling i.e he can cover the pass and run. The mediocre year Texas had overshadows the monster year Vaccaro had. He will most likely be an instant starter on whichever team drafts him but like all rookies he will need a few years to fully develop into whatever he may become.
    Looks like a cut and paste job with no credit to the originator, eh?

...says the OSU/Longhorn fan...

The following users like this post: HeroOfTheDay

Originally Posted by mizzOUstu702 View Post
    ...says the OSU/Longhorn fan...

Gundy's Lettuce doesnt have to make sense

Gundy's Lettuce doesnt have to make sense
    and that's why you are a cowboy fan.

Having Vacarro at safety will be an outright donation of 7 points, on average, to the opponent in any given season. Horn fans could not wait to see him go.

Would not be surprised to see him in a Dallas uniform.

Nothing, from Texas, could care less.

I think he sucks dingalings

Vaccaro seems to play smart and tough