O's vacation

Posted 520 day(s) ago 779 Views 50 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

O's vacation

Why is the press corps so pissy they are shut out?

vCash

O is not on vacation yet again. You lie he is not resting until he fixes the economy just as he said.

vCash

why is this ****er on vacation again?

Dear (leader) Obama,

Please stay on vacation until the end of your presidency. Then retire in Hawaii and smoke weed all day far from the public eye.

Thank you,

Gonzo

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    why is this ****er on vacation again?
    Still hasn't spent a third of his time in office on vacation.

vCash

Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    last I checked, he still has four years to go so give it time.

vCash

Wonder if he'll be able to work in a round of skeet shooting after his golf game.
    4 users like tcrb's post: bushmaster06, Gonzo, ImTheDude, KCRuf/Nek

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    last I checked, he still has four years to go so give it time.
    Doubtful. He seems to enjoy working in Washington.

vCash

Originally Posted by tcrb View Post
    Wonder if he'll be able to work in a round of skeet shooting after his golf game.
    ITT: Meaningless non-stories.

vCash

81st day of vacation. That's an average 20.25 days a per annum . . . how many paid vacation days does the average poster on this board get?

Originally Posted by Troker View Post
    ITT: Meaningless non-stories.
    Kind of how I felt. The press is pretty wound up about it though.

vCash

Originally Posted by suncoastsooner View Post
    81st day of vacation. That's an average 20.25 days a per annum . . . how many paid vacation days does the average poster on this board get?
    The president's vacation time has never correlated with that of an average persons. Nor should it.
    The following users like this post: OnlyOneOklahoma

The president is not the average poster on this board. When Obama has spent literally one third of his presidency (2.5 years) on vacation, then these complaints may have merit.

Until then, shut'da.

Originally Posted by Troker View Post
    The president's vacation time has never correlated with that of an average persons. Nor should it.
    People get bent out of shape about his vacation for the opposite reason they forgave Clinton and reelected him. They believed Bill cared and was engaged. Obama seems disengaged and uncaring. Then he says stuff like he won't rest til the economy is right, that we need to cut back and turn our heaters down to save money, that we need to stop spending as much, then heads out to Hawaii for a week. Eight year olds don't buy it when their parent tells them not to smoke while lighting a Marlboro--grown adults don't either. The Bush vacation comparison is invalid, as is the Ike comparison--both of those guys oversaw booming economies, so people weren't bothered by their vacations (though Bush was regularly criticized by the press.)

This thread was more directed at why the WH press corps is twisted up about this though. Is a vacation with a press blackout that uncommon?
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

vCash

Doubtful. He seems to enjoy working in Washington.
    What - is he working the drive thru at Mickey D's 'cuz he sure as shit ain't doing any work as the presezi.

The president is not the average poster on this board. When Obama has spent literally one third of his presidency (2.5 years) on vacation, then these complaints may have merit.

Until then, shut'da.
    Give people Bush's economic numbers and they'll quit barking about O on vacation.

vCash

Well a girl that was behind Obama at his campaign stop in Chicago the other was(shockingly) murdered by a gun. I'm wondering if Mooch will cut short her vacay in ski country for more grandstanding and photo ops at the funeral.

hmm well there's only 260 days on average that an average person works and they get 10-15 days off usually. 15 paid vacation days(or 3 weeks) would be the same rate. Most places don't just do paid vacation anymore and have it has personal time whether it be sick or vacation. I get 3 weeks of vacation days. Most on this board probably do too.

vCash

Destroying a country is hard work give Barry a break.

vCash

Originally Posted by whatitis View Post
    hmm well there's only 260 days on average that an average person works and they get 10-15 days off usually. 15 paid vacation days(or 3 weeks) would be the same rate. Most places don't just do paid vacation anymore and have it has personal time whether it be sick or vacation. I get 3 weeks of vacation days. Most on this board probably do too.
    Keep in mind that time off does not necessarily equal vacation. I may take time off of work, but that doesn't mean I'm heading out on a trip either.

vCash

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Obama, the puppet master

President Barack Obama is a master at limiting, shaping and manipulating media coverage of himself and his White House.

Not for the reason that conservatives suspect: namely, that a liberal press willingly and eagerly allows itself to get manipulated. Instead, the mastery mostly flows from a White House that has taken old tricks for shaping coverage (staged leaks, friendly interviews) and put them on steroids using new ones (social media, content creation, precision targeting). And it’s an equal opportunity strategy: Media across the ideological spectrum are left scrambling for access.

The results are transformational. With more technology, and fewer resources at many media companies, the balance of power between the White House and press has tipped unmistakably toward the government. This is an arguably dangerous development, and one that the Obama White House — fluent in digital media and no fan of the mainstream press — has exploited cleverly and ruthlessly. And future presidents from both parties will undoubtedly copy and expand on this approach.

“The balance of power used to be much more in favor of the mainstream press,” said Mike McCurry, who was press secretary to President Bill Clinton during the Monica Lewinsky scandal. Nowadays, he said, “The White House gets away with stuff I would never have dreamed of doing. When I talk to White House reporters now, they say it’s really tough to do business with people who don’t see the need to be cooperative.”

McCurry and his colleagues in the Clinton White House were hardly above putting their boss in front of gentle questions: Clinton and Vice President Al Gore often preferred the safety of “Larry King Live” to the rhetorical combat of the briefing room. But Obama and his aides have raised it to an art form: The president has shut down interviews with many of the White House reporters who know the most and ask the toughest questions. Instead, he spends way more time talking directly to voters via friendly shows and media personalities. Why bother with The New York Times beat reporter when Obama can go on “The View”?

At the same time, this White House has greatly curtailed impromptu moments where reporters can ask tough questions after a staged event — or snap a picture of the president that was not shot by government-paid photographers.

The frustrated Obama press corps neared rebellion this past holiday weekend when reporters and photographers were not even allowed onto the Floridian National GolfClub, where Obama was golfing. That breached the tradition of the pool “holding” in the clubhouse and often covering — and even questioning — the president on the first and last holes.

Obama boasted Thursday during a Google+ Hangout from the White House: “This is the most transparent administration in history.” The people who cover him day to day see it very differently.

“The way the president’s availability to the press has shrunk in the last two years is a disgrace,” said ABC News White House reporter Ann Compton, who has covered every president back to Gerald R. Ford. “The president’s day-to-day policy development — on immigration, on guns — is almost totally opaque to the reporters trying to do a responsible job of covering it. There are no readouts from big meetings he has with people from the outside, and many of them aren’t even on his schedule. This is different from every president I covered. This White House goes to extreme lengths to keep the press away.”
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

vCash

Keep in mind that time off does not necessarily equal vacation. I may take time off of work, but that doesn't mean I'm heading out on a trip either.
    I think perception is as big of a part as anything. When people are hurting like they are it's bad form to be seen as jetting here and there and living like a king and a queen. Then when you hear the cost and how they double up on travel, etc. People don't like the notion of them using the WH as their private travel agency. Four people die - jet to Vegas. Shit hitting the fan - play golf with Tiger. People unemployed and can't make ends meet - go to Spain with 50 friends. Remember how the left sneered when Bush quit playing golf because families had to endure their loved ones coming home killed in action? Obama cares about them - sometimes - when there's a camera involved. People notice shit.

vCash

I would venture to say most of us get 14-28 days per year plus paid holidays for vacation and CEO level folks probably get more.. I see no problems

vCash

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I think perception is as big of a part as anything. When people are hurting like they are it's bad form to be seen as jetting here and there and living like a king and a queen. Then when you hear the cost and how they double up on travel, etc. People don't like the notion of them using the WH as their private travel agency. Four people die - jet to Vegas. Shit hitting the fan - play golf with Tiger. People unemployed and can't make ends meet - go to Spain with 50 friends. Remember how the left sneered when Bush quit playing golf because families had to endure their loved ones coming home killed in action? Obama cares about them - sometimes - when there's a camera involved. People notice shit.
    I can see this as a valid point, vacations for me anyway usually have to coordinate with my work being caught up unless there is a pre planned event with my kiddo.

vCash

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I would venture to say most of us get 14-28 days per year plus paid holidays for vacation and CEO level folks probably get more.. I see no problems
    I damn sure do....we are up against the wall with self imposed limits (this entire mess was put together by Obama)...our leadership has failed to handle them within the self imposed time frame...a new disaster each month while the entire core of leadership continues to ignore the next train coming down the track..

When my business is going into the crapper...and when my revenue is declining and future viability is on the line I don't go off taking vacations...I am working 7 days a week until the problem is resolved...

Congress included...
    The following users like this post: ImTheDude

vCash

Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    I damn sure do....we are up against the wall with self imposed limits (this entire mess was put together by Obama)...our leadership has failed to handle them within the self imposed time frame...a new disaster each month while the entire core of leadership continues to ignore the next train coming down the track..

When my business is going into the crapper...and when my revenue is declining and future viability is on the line I don't go off taking vacations...I am working 7 days a week until the problem is resolved...

Congress included...
    I can agree as I said in the next line I have to have my work done to go one vacation, congress is an overpaid useless body of beings that is sucking the very life from this country... They have the best health and pay and they can't pass a budget ...really. The president needs to put his foot in their asses and make it happen. They need to all stop with the R and the D and get with the AP (american people) I am sick of that whole bunch of whiny, crazy, over paid, bunch of morons.

vCash

I can agree as I said in the next line I have to have my work done to go one vacation, congress is an overpaid useless body of beings that is sucking the very life from this country... They have the best health and pay and they can't pass a budget ...really. The president needs to put his foot in their asses and make it happen. They need to all stop with the R and the D and get with the AP (american people) I am sick of that whole bunch of whiny, crazy, over paid, bunch of morons.
    The Prez's foot only like Republican ass...he was on the news today...repubs this...repubs that...repubs must compromise...using broadcasting to drive the dividing wedge deeper

vCash

Not according to Pelosi.

Nancy Pelosi begs us not to ruin her dignity by cutting her paycheck

http://now.msn.com/nancy-pelosi-says...dignity-of-job

vCash

Let them eat cake.
    2 users like bushmaster06's post: KCRuf/Nek, McRib

I get 26 weeks a year

vCash

Not according to Pelosi.

I think she is worth a million a year...in laughs...

vCash

Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    I think she is worth a million a year...in laughs...
    That Botox isn't going to pay for itself.

vCash

Not according to Pelosi.

I can't stand her

Originally Posted by SoonerArtillery View Post
    I get 26 weeks a year

That Botox isn't going to pay for itself.
    Botox won't help her
    The following users like this post: SoonerArtillery

vCash

I dont have a problem with any president taking a vacation. They deserve down time just like the rest of us. What I do have a problem with is the cost to the taxpayers for Barry and Mickey's "first class resort vacations" that go on the taxpayer's tab. Other presidents have utilized Camp David, and their own personal residences for down time. But every time the Obama's take time off they use AF1 as if it were their own personal travel agency jetting around the world from one 5 star resort to another. Half the time they dont even bother to travel together, which doubles the cost. Yet he has the gaul to lecture us about being wasteful by driving an SUV or keeping our thermostats set at 72 degrees. It smacks of arrogance and ruling class vs peasant mentality and sends the message that they believe they are better than the people who pay the bills of this country.

President finally shows his face after $1m golfing weekend with Tiger Woods that White House didn't want world to see

All downhill for Obama gals
    3 users like tcrb's post: KCRuf/Nek, Sooner Bob, URNotserious

Last edited by tcrb; February 19th, 2013 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Added another link

Not according to Pelosi.

Its a good soundbite against her but she's right in the fact that cutting her 174K salary by 10, 20 or even 50% wouldn't impact her. Her net worth alongwith her husband is in range of $50 MM +. Even with modest returns, her AGI should be about 20 times her yearly salary. I'm betting its higher.

vCash

Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post
    Its a good soundbite against her but she's right in the fact that cutting her 174K salary by 10, 20 or even 50% wouldn't impact her. Her net worth alongwith her husband is in range of $50 MM +. Even with modest returns, her AGI should be about 20 times her yearly salary. I'm betting its higher.
    She's suggesting that cutting Congress's salary undermines the dignity of the job and that some in Congress will actually struggle to make ends meet on a salary of $174,000.00 a year. If some can't make ends meet on $174,000.00 a year, how the **** are we to expect that they can solve this country's problems?

And Pelosi can complain about losing the dignity of her job when she actually brings some dignity to her job.

vCash

She's suggesting that cutting Congress's salary undermines the dignity of the job and that some in Congress will actually struggle to make ends meet on a salary of $174,000.00 a year. If some can't make ends meet on $174,000.00 a year, how the **** are we to expect that they can solve this country's problems?

And Pelosi can complain about losing the dignity of her job when she actually brings some dignity to her job.

I don't want my representatives looking sad all the time.
    The following users like this post: OnlyOneOklahoma

I am not disagreeing with you there. Its truly laughable that she suggests that Senators would not be able to make ends meet with a salary of 174K when most of the country does it at a fraction of that amount. Just highlights the disconnect that she has from the people and realities of this country.

I despise that snake as much as you do.
    The following users like this post: kssooner

vCash

Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post
    I am not disagreeing with you there. Its truly laughable that she suggests that Senators would not be able to make ends meet with a salary of 174K when most of the country does it at a fraction of that amount. Just highlights the disconnect that she has from the people and realities of this country.

I despise that snake as much as you do.
    174K plus everything paid for or most likely reimbursed. Clothing, meals, transportation(drivers), who knows what perks. Then there's their pension. And of course there's the insurance. I'm thinking they aren't covered by Owebamacare. Don't see them waiting six months for an MRI.

Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 04:57 PM.

vCash

I wish he would have stayed and partied with Tiger a bit longer. His performance today at his whine fest was abhorrent.

vCash

Originally Posted by playmakr View Post
    I wish he would have stayed and partied with Tiger a bit longer. His performance today at his whine fest was abhorrent.
    Would you expect anything else from him?

vCash

Would you expect anything else from him?
    No not at all. I mean, why did he stop at just having the responders up there? He should have put a starving/frail kid up there half in a coma or something.

vCash

Originally Posted by playmakr View Post
    No not at all. I mean, why did he stop at just having the responders up there? He should have put a starving/frail kid up there half in a coma or something.
    Since there aren't any dead kids to stack like kindling. I guess Gabby Giffords was busy?

Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    174k really isn't enough to attract a lot of people to be in congress. You have a lot of people who are brighter and more successful than a lot of congressmen and they won't take the pay cut to enter politics.

Now don't get me wrong, it is a lot more money than the average joe makes, but if we really want to attract the best and the brightest, then they need to get paid.
    When you can legally engage in insider trading, the sky is the limit on how much you can make.
    2 users like oucub23's post: ImTheDude, KCRuf/Nek

When you can legally engage in insider trading, the sky is the limit on how much you can make.
    Very true.

vCash

Only 47 more months

vCash

Out of all the crap in politics, this is the most mind boggling to me. I really can't believe more is not made of this in the media.

vCash

Which vacation is this one? Does he do ANY work?

Originally Posted by zevogolf View Post
    Which vacation is this one? Does he do ANY work?
    If he wasn't doing anything, the right wouldn't be pissed nearly as often as they are.