Johnny Football's A&M Education

Posted 613 day(s) ago 3087 Views 51 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Johnny Football's A&M Education

This is ridiculous...
    Johnny Manziel taking only online courses, only on campus once a month
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...02--ncaaf.html

Academic fraud. No really. Academic fraud.
    2 users like zcaa0g's post: BajaOklahoma, Sooners2007

Online classes are pretty common any more. Although, I would like to see what he is taking and what the % of student at aTm in his major are able to do the same. I'm betting he is in the minority. It's just my opinion, but aTm goes on probation because of him and he ends up in rehab.
    4 users like drspencer's post: BajaOklahoma, Cabbage_town_kid, Lost Chickasaw, Sooners2007

Johnny Internets
    The following users like this post: Spade1000

Meh, nothing to see here... Online classes are more common than you think... In 2012, I took almost 40 credit hours and all but 3 were online.

I completed my graduate school 100% online . . . two hours a class twice a week while working full-time. Took about 3 years.
    3 users like Sooner Bob's post: ArmySooner, OU Sam, soonirvana

Just my thought, but his may not end well for J Football. Not because of the online classes, but for all his extracurricular activities.

Maybe he's going to transfer to The University of Phoenix.

Signature off
    3 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: palisooner, party1234, Sooner Bob

I am sure that TeLa whatever the **** will come in here to defend his honor, ASAP.

Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    I completed my graduate school 100% online . . . two hours a class twice a week while working full-time. Took about 3 years.
    We believe you and there is nothing illegitimate about online courses. We just don't believe what ATM doing is legit and for valid reasons. They're in the SEC now.
    The following users like this post: Sooner Bob

Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    And there is nothing wrong with that. I think it's a great opportunity for people that have to work full-time. I just don't think it should be afforded to student-athletes.
    5 users like Straz1999's post: H82Lose, Houston Cougar, Julz, Sooner Bob, Sooners2007

Originally Posted by Straz1999 View Post
    And there is nothing wrong with that. I think it's a great opportunity for people that have to work full-time. I just don't think it should be afforded to student-athletes.
    I agree. There's no check and balances to this. If North Carolina could get away with academic fraud in the classroom for years before getting caught, think of what a school could get away with via internet classes.
    The following users like this post: BajaOklahoma

i would do everything i could to not have to go to College Station too. im sure hes really cracking the books hard....

Originally Posted by VRO405 View Post
    Meh, nothing to see here... Online classes are more common than you think... In 2012, I took almost 40 credit hours and all but 3 were online.
    Damn 40 hours in a year? I'm enrolled in only 9 this Spring and I'm ****ing about all of the time it takes.

2 users like Vodnik's post: BajaOklahoma, Sooner Bob

Last edited by OrangeBlossom; February 19th, 2013 at 04:21 PM. Reason: hotlink

Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
    Damn 40 hours in a year? I'm enrolled in only 9 this Spring and I'm ****ing about all of the time it takes.
    It wasn't that difficult. I took summer classes and many intersession/fast track courses
    Last edited by VRO405; February 19th, 2013 at 09:52 PM.

Can you get credits for watching online ****? I might be a damn genius.

Online classes are common yes... for the common student... Don't they provide tutors for the players that actually attend classes? Some hot chick will be taking his class while he hangs out in the coaches offices smoking weed and playing video games all day.

Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    Rhodes Scholar!

I just don't see this story ending well.

Originally Posted by Lost Chickasaw View Post
    Online classes are common yes... for the common student... Don't they provide tutors for the players that actually attend classes? Some hot chick will be taking his class while he hangs out in the coaches offices smoking weed and playing video games all day.
    Hey, Johnny F does not smoke weed.......................................cocain only.

The online classes aren't the problem, its the bullshit courses he is most likely taking.

Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    I agree. There's no check and balances to this. If North Carolina could get away with academic fraud in the classroom for years before getting caught, think of what a school could get away with via internet classes.
    Actually there are lots of checks and balances. You just need to have someone do the "checking" instead of turning a blind eye.

University of Phoenix online- college station campus. Is a&m a community college now? They are in the SEC, which we all know is like the Ivy League of the south.

Brilliant!

Originally Posted by soonerbldr View Post
    This is ridiculous...
    Johnny Manziel taking only online courses, only on campus once a month

So, you're saying he's on campus more than The Hammer ever was?
    The following users like this post: soonerbldr

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Maybe he's going to transfer to The University of Phoenix.

Signature off
    They have a pretty badass stadium.
    2 users like ozz's post: Clark W. Griswold, DarrellS011

Meanwhile, Manti Te'o is having to attend class in person because he's getting mobbed online.
    7 users like Houston Cougar's post: 180WestBrooks, ArmySooner, Big Red One, DHF, OrlandoSooner, Sooner Bob, VRO405

Johnny is a Queerass****

I've been wondering how he was able to be at so many sporting events and concerts. Every time he has been in the news he has been anywhere but College Station.

I can understand why he is doing this, I know that Tebow had to have a armed security guy follow him around on campus after he won the Heisman, he was mobbed so much he literally could not walk around by himself.

Can we stop pretending that we are trying to give them an education? Our graduation rates are one of the worst in the BIG XII....you people know that dont you?
    The following users like this post: SoulRebel

That's how I got my M.D.

I agree with the folks up top...he is a student athlete, she should be attending class, or atleast one class...lol

he nfl bound next yr... he is probably getting as many classes done to he can coast next football season with easy classes and as soon as the bowl is over.... the party starts up again.

he's prob not going to even graduate so it's a wash

When I was at OU I took a class one summer that was 90% athletes and anyone who says that they don't get special concessions are just lying to themselves. I know it happens at every major University and have had friends tell me similar stories about when they were in school at Nebraska, Texas and Cal...
    I took a couple of online classes that were supposed to be challenging when I was in Grad School and they were nothing compared to attending class and studying and making that commitment to being in the class.
    There are just way too many things that can go on especially for a star athlete not physically attending class. What kind of precedent does this set, he has no responsibility and is not held accountable. This is just setting this kid up for failure if he doesn't make the NFL.

The fact his ego is saying he can go to class because it disrupts class just baffles me! Is A&M that hungry for a star on campus? I mean VY, AD, Bardford, Tebow all made it to classes and did not seem to effect the students in their classes. JMFF is for sure the DB of Heismans.

He party's and ass ****s all the ****s

Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    I wish... I probably would have graduated by now

Originally Posted by zcaa0g View Post
    Academic fraud. No really. Academic fraud.
    Manziel or the whole school?

He is a goofy looking clown.. Which makes me even more pissed he made our defense look so piss poor.

Originally Posted by TexasSucks View Post
    So, you're saying he's on campus more than The Hammer ever was?
    Devil's advocates are losers.

We ain't come here to play school
    2 users like KyleOU's post: DHF, drspencer

Johnny Doucheball is becoming more annoying than the Tebow lovefest.

No lie, I would be annoyed with this bullshit if he went to OU.

Originally Posted by CrimsonRez View Post
    No lie, I would be annoyed with this bullshit if he went to OU.
    I would think most fans of any school. A&M and OSU come to mind as schools who would love this kind of pub and defend everything he does.

Maybe this speaks to allowing only Juniors and Seniors to qualify for the Heisman. I think more than one year of work on the field should be a requirement for Heisman consideration. Johnny Football has big feet and someone might step on one and slow him down resulting in a bone crushing tackle.

Dick are you a real poster? Some of the stuff you say amazes me.

Originally Posted by SoonerDick View Post
    Maybe this speaks to allowing only Juniors and Seniors to qualify for the Heisman. I think more than one year of work on the field should be a requirement for Heisman consideration. Johnny Football has big feet and someone might step on one and slow him down resulting in a bone crushing tackle.
    Why? It's a single season award. You must have been thrilled when Eric Crouch won it. Still love ya' tho.