Google Glass (or, college kids are about to look a lot weirder soon)

Posted 421 day(s) ago 1841 Views 44 Replies
Results 1 to 45 of 45
  1. #1
    The's Avatar
    Posts
    12,542
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Before a noun

    Google Glass (or, college kids are about to look a lot weirder soon)



    New Vid.
    The following users like this post: SoonerBeerSnob


  2. #2
    drspencer's Avatar
    Posts
    3,938
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    OKLAHOMA

    Although, I like the concept behind the Glass I just don't find it that practical. I think there's going to be some good uses for it and most of those are in the video. I don't see a value in it for every moment of every day use.

  3. #3
    The's Avatar
    Posts
    12,542
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Before a noun

    Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    Although, I like the concept behind the Glass I just don't find it that practical. I think there's going to be some good uses for it and most of those are in the video. I don't see a value in it for every moment of every day use.
    POV **** will increase exponentially.

  4. #4
    OUMallen's Avatar
    Posts
    6,532
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    vCash
    1500
    Location
    City of Nompton

    If people can get over the general perceived dorkiness, these will be AWESOME.
    The following users like this post: SoonerBeerSnob


  5. #5
    I'm more than intrigued by this. But the price point is going to be a huge deal since it won't replace a tablet/pc. If it's not sub $600 I don't see it being that popular.

  6. #6
    OUMallen's Avatar
    Posts
    6,532
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    vCash
    1500
    Location
    City of Nompton

    Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    Although, I like the concept behind the Glass I just don't find it that practical. I think there's going to be some good uses for it and most of those are in the video. I don't see a value in it for every moment of every day use.
    I tend to agree with you, but think about how often you look at your phone during the day. Especially in big cities where you have mass transit.

  7. #7
    drspencer's Avatar
    Posts
    3,938
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    OKLAHOMA

    Originally Posted by The View Post
    POV **** will increase exponentially.
    Yes yes it will.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    I tend to agree with you, but think about how often you look at your phone during the day. Especially in big cities where you have mass transit.
    They'll need person specific voice recog for it to be used in those situations, otherwise everyone saying Go Glass will fire it up and it would be chaos! Chaos I say! As an aside, I had the Xbox on last night and was talking on the phone. I said 'Netflix' and the Kinect fired up Netflix for me.
    The following users like this post: OUMallen


  9. #9
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    They'll need person specific voice recog for it to be used in those situations, otherwise everyone saying Go Glass will fire it up and it would be chaos! Chaos I say! As an aside, I had the Xbox on last night and was talking on the phone. I said 'Netflix' and the Kinect fired up Netflix for me.
    I thought I saw somehwere that you can name it whatever. In other words, you don't have to call yours "glass" ..
    The following users like this post: Sooners2007


  10. #10
    Btw, price point is high now ($1,500), but I imagine it will come down once/if it hits the mass market. It looks freaking awesome though.

  11. #11
    I'm confused... I can already do all of that stuff with my enhanced eye.




    Edit: Oh shit! Forget you read this... not supposed to say anything til 2023! Sometimes the wires into the brain **** with the cognitive functions.

  12. #12
    bJ0's Avatar
    Posts
    1,685
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1750

    Wait til I get some and the Chinese hackers get to watch me **** 8 times a day...
    The following users like this post: Spring


  13. #13
    mgsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    6,414
    Join Date
    May 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Tallsa

    The following users like this post: SiggyPoke


  14. #14
    The's Avatar
    Posts
    12,542
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Before a noun

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    They'll need person specific voice recog for it to be used in those situations, otherwise everyone saying Go Glass will fire it up and it would be chaos! Chaos I say! As an aside, I had the Xbox on last night and was talking on the phone. I said 'Netflix' and the Kinect fired up Netflix for me.
    Someone walks into a stadium restroom wearing these.

    Someone else yells "OK, GLASS, take a picture." as he's using the urinal. "Text to All Contacts."
    2 users like The's post: oucub23, SoonerBeerSnob


  15. #15
    Originally Posted by The View Post
    Someone walks into a stadium restroom wearing these.

    Someone else yells "OK, GLASS, take a picture." as he's using the urinal. "Text to All Contacts."

  16. #16
    Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    Btw, price point is high now ($1,500), but I imagine it will come down once/if it hits the mass market. It looks freaking awesome though.
    No way I'd pay that price no matter how cool they are.

  17. #17
    mgsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    6,414
    Join Date
    May 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Tallsa

    Anybody that walks around with those things on is like "Bluetooth guy" times a thousand and deserves to receive a savage beating on sight.
    2 users like mgsooner's post: Jbaker, Soonerp


  18. #18
    Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Anybody that walks around with those things on is like "Bluetooth guy" times a thousand and deserves to receive a savage beating on sight.
    But not before stealing those sweetass glasses.

  19. #19
    Sabla's Avatar
    Posts
    1,033
    Join Date
    May 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Parts Unknown

    Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Anybody that walks around with those things on is like "Bluetooth guy" times a thousand and deserves to receive a savage beating on sight.
    This,
    Nothing more annoying than a random stranger standing next to you and start asking a question and you try to not be rude so you respond. Only to find out the jackamo is wearing a BT headset with both his hands free and you feel like a dang fool

  20. #20
    OUMallen's Avatar
    Posts
    6,532
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    vCash
    1500
    Location
    City of Nompton

    Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Anybody that walks around with those things on is like "Bluetooth guy" times a thousand and deserves to receive a savage beating on sight.
    I laughed. But once we get over this idea, it'll be pretty sweet. Everyone is always looking at their phones anyway.

  21. #21
    usaosooner's Avatar
    Posts
    26,915
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    41340
    Location
    hating the off-season

    The following users like this post: OrionJc


  22. #22
    kssooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,593
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Kansas

    Originally Posted by The View Post
    POV **** will increase exponentially.
    over/under on how long it takes bangbros to have a dedicated website up?

    Also, I do see downside, the POV from the girl. Don't think there are to many guys who want to see what it's like to have a nut blown on their face.
    The following users like this post: SiggyPoke


  23. #23
    The's Avatar
    Posts
    12,542
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Before a noun

    Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    over/under on how long it takes bangbros to have a dedicated website up?

    Also, I do see downside, the POV from the girl. Don't think there are to many guys who want to see what it's like to have a nut blown on their face.
    This is how I know you don't venture too far from the "safe" areas of the internet.
    3 users like The's post: kssooner, SoonerBeerSnob, Tobias


  24. #24
    SiggyPoke's Avatar
    Posts
    3,358
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Tulsa

    Ooooh yeah.

    Last edited by usaosooner; February 20th, 2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Hotlink

  25. #25

  26. #26
    EufaulaSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    649
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    NYC & Dallas

    They're cool, but I was assuming they were going to enable virtual reality and a full-screen (full-field, I guess) web browser.

  27. #27
    LASooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,732
    Join Date
    May 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Canyon Country, California

    Hopefully they'll be able to identify people, so I won't have to remember the names of people I don't give a shit about. Basically, everyone.

    Like every new technology, **** will DEFINITELY lead the way on this one.
    3 users like LASooner's post: drspencer, Julz, SiggyPoke


  28. #28
    Google has already announced a new variant of Google Glass:

    http://teamcoco.com/video/google-gla...your-other-end

  29. #29
    NAMLOOT's Avatar
    Posts
    2,165
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Iowa

    Originally Posted by SoonerDude View Post
    Google has already announced a new variant of Google Glass:

    http://teamcoco.com/video/google-gla...your-other-end
    LOL

  30. #30
    I'll probably pick this up right after I buy a Nexus Q and sign up for Google+. Can't wait to share videos from it with all my friends on Google Wave.

  31. #31
    Best thing that can come out of this will be the videos from inside a player's helmet. It will shut some people up who think they could step out there and find the open receiver.
    The following users like this post: soonerUthenMe


  32. #32
    Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    I'll probably pick this up right after I buy a Nexus Q and sign up for Google+. Can't wait to share videos from it with all my friends on Google Wave.
    Don't be mad cause Apple didn't make it.

  33. #33
    Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    Don't be mad cause Apple didn't make it.
    Don't let him fool you, he's awaiting the arrival of the Mac Book Wheel...

  34. #34
    Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    Don't be mad cause Apple didn't make it.
    It's really cool tech, and I think it could lead to some interesting things in the future.
    As it is, it will fail miserably.

  35. #35
    What's up with this hotlink shit?

  36. #36
    Gary Manilow's Avatar
    Posts
    274
    Join Date
    May 2012
    vCash
    2434
    Location
    Chicago

    So it's a voice activated helmet cam? okay...

  37. #37
    LASooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,732
    Join Date
    May 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Canyon Country, California

    How about realtime translation subtitles? That would be cool, because I could finally understand what the **** teenagers are saying. Swag to English.

  38. #38

  39. #39
    LASooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,732
    Join Date
    May 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Canyon Country, California

    Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    Let me just write tomorrows headline based on this one, "Google Glass Hacked to Allow ****, Stalking"
    The following users like this post: Bk2X


  40. #40
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,453
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    1727

    Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    pffft you can still side load it...

  41. #41
    traxx's Avatar
    Posts
    8,533
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    In a DeLorean in 1985

    Is the goal for us to not experience anything first hand anymore? For it all to be experienced through a lens as if we're watching a movie, detached from what is happening right in front of us?

  42. #42
    The's Avatar
    Posts
    12,542
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Before a noun

    Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Is the goal for us to not experience anything first hand anymore? For it all to be experienced through a lens as if we're watching a movie, detached from what is happening right in front of us?
    Eventually, yes.

    In the next 25-50 years we'll be able to essentially upload your consciousness into a hard drive, and you can download in real time the experiences and knowledge of every human and computer hooked up to the network. The Baby Boomers are the last generation that will experience death. The rest of us will live forever on a server in some remote storage facility.

  43. #43
    SiggyPoke's Avatar
    Posts
    3,358
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Tulsa

    Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Is the goal for us to not experience anything first hand anymore? For it all to be experienced through a lens as if we're watching a movie, detached from what is happening right in front of us?
    Pretty much. Kevin Flynn would be proud.

  44. #44
    LASooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,732
    Join Date
    May 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Canyon Country, California

    Originally Posted by The View Post
    The rest of us will live forever on a server in some remote storage facility.
    Hopefully some people will be stored on Seagate drives so we can be done with them.
    4 users like LASooner's post: DIB, drspencer, macdaddybuff, The


  45. #45
    Originally Posted by macdaddybuff View Post
    pffft you can still side load it...
    Great, I was hoping this could make the paper bag over her head obsolete.
    The following users like this post: macdaddybuff


Similar Threads

  1. Sammy using Google Glass
    By Widescreen in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: July 22nd, 2013, 02:17 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 17th, 2013, 09:20 AM
  3. The glass house...!!!
    By The Baconator® in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: July 4th, 2012, 03:27 PM