Oklahoma @ Texas Tech

Posted 578 day(s) ago 1219 Views 40 Replies

Oklahoma @ Texas Tech

6:00 tip on ESPNU. Need to jump out to an early lead and not allow this game to be in doubt late in the second half.

Radio
    KOKC 1520 AM in Oklahoma City
    KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa

Vipbox.tv should have a stream though

Tech is the sukc.

Need to avoid a letdown. Only two officials to start the game because one was delayed due to travel difficulties.

Lets get it

10-4 OU, 15:51 in first

Texas Tech leads 15-14 with 11:37 left to play in the half.

horrid stretch

9-0 run by tt

This announcer is a big time Big 12 basketball homer. Didn't know there was such a thing. KU the best team in the country? Ha.

25-23 OU

32-27 Under 4 in the first

This game absolutely falls under the definition of a trap game... Hopefully at some point in the next hour+ we can extract our heads from our rectums

No Hield once again following a heartbreaker up in Sheep country now we draw a scrappy team on their home court and this is the same team(TT) that when they do not get blown out they seem to drag unsuspecting teams that are growing and learning to play w/o one of it's arguably most talented player(Please notice I specifically said "arguably" ) down to their level(TT's level... yea it is truly a pathetic level LoL) which seems to be what is happening at times this half

starting to pull away. hopefully

44-36 OU at the half

Alright lets go

I don't want to jinx us, but it seems like we have a lot more poise this year than in years past. Obviously it helps to also have more talent than in years past as well. Even when opponents make a run we seem to have an answer. Now watch, we'll let TT go on a huge run.

OU leads 46-43

50-43

Up double digits. Let's keep it up, boys!

What the hell is happening with Cousins? That's four turnovers for points with him handling the ball.

up 15 now with just over a minute to go, got this one in hand. It's nice to finally not have to sweat it out until the dying end.

Good win. Played with poise for the most part, except for Cousin's difficulties. Let's take care of Baylor at home on Saturday!

final 86-71 Boomer!

Originally Posted by Mahler View Post
    What the hell is happening with Cousins? That's four turnovers for points with him handling the ball.
    Cousins has been overwhelmed in B12 play.

Good win. Cousins got played tonight, he got stripped 4 times by the same ****ing guy. Pledger was a monster tonight, though.

Boys have to bus back cause of fog.... fuuuuuuck that

Glad they got the W

Originally Posted by OldSooner View Post
    Cousins has been overwhelmed in B12 play.
    I have been hard on him in the past but I have thought he actually stepped up his game recently, until tonight.

How much will playing this bad team hurt the RPI?

Ever since that article in the DOK about Cousins and his NYC upbringing back in December, I have yet to see the guy have a good game. I know he's a freshman, but so was the guy who owned him tonight. I guess I have missed the games where he played well, because to me the guy has been a disappointment. What's worse is his lack of hustle on the turnovers tonight. Dude needs a major attitude adjustment. Not impressed by a longshot.

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Boys have to bus back cause of fog.... fuuuuuuck that

Glad they got the W
    That sucks! 369 mi, 6 hours 8 min they will get back to Norman at 3 a.m. I hope they don't have to go to class tomorrow. **** LUBBOCK!

Originally Posted by Soonerside View Post
    That sucks! 369 mi, 6 hours 8 min they will get back to Norman at 3 a.m. I hope they don't have to go to class tomorrow. **** LUBBOCK!
    Hope they get back safe and avoid the bad weather.

Cousins has the athletic ability, size, and defense ability to be a very very good college basketball player. I hope he can mature and learn a lot this year from his struggles. The thing is Grooms may not have the natural ability, but what he lacks physically he makes up mentally. I am now convinced that Cousins role will not expand next year, instead Woodward will take over and it will still be the Buddy Love and Hornbeak show. On another note, if Cousins dedicates himself to become a better overall player the sky is the limit. Now I want to mention next years team, I am very excited for. Woodward, Buddy, M'baye, Spangler will start; but who is the other starter, is it Clark?

Cousins has played well in spots recently. However, got rattled at home against OSU press and had to be taken out. Really blew up tonight. Lon and the staff will have some work to do with him to get his confidence back. With Heild out and Hornbeak went out tonight and did not come back in, we will need him somewhere down the stretch.

really annoying game to watch. refs kept everything super disjointed. seemed like they called a foul on every other possession in the 2nd half. good to see us get a win in a really ugly game, although the freshmen played like garbage.

Originally Posted by Stein7495 View Post
    Pledger was a monster tonight, though.
    Damn right ... When he is on he has almost unlimited range ... When/if he adds an improved level of consistency his game would be an impossible guard ... I am a Big Pledger fan especially when he is locked on like he was most of tonight obviously

Originally Posted by soonerjunky View Post
    Cousins has the athletic ability, size, and defense ability to be a very very good college basketball player. I hope he can mature and learn a lot this year from his struggles. The thing is Grooms may not have the natural ability, but what he lacks physically he makes up mentally. I am now convinced that Cousins role will not expand next year, instead Woodward will take over and it will still be the Buddy Love and Hornbeak show. On another note, if Cousins dedicates himself to become a better overall player the sky is the limit. Now I want to mention next years team, I am very excited for. Woodward, Buddy, M'baye, Spangler will start; but who is the other starter, is it Clark?
    Yes. Clark should start next year as well. He had a pretty good game tonight.

I'll take it. Any road win is a good win. Cousins needs to take better care of the ball or play less minutes, IMO..

Originally Posted by OUfootball View Post
    I'll take it. Any road win is a good win. Cousins needs to take better care of the ball or play less minutes, IMO..
    Yep!

Didn't get to watch it, but a solid win. Just keep winning.

Originally Posted by soonerjunky View Post
    It will be either Clark or one of the JUCO guys coming in, depending on how good they are

Originally Posted by COLLISON ANGRY View Post
    It will be either Clark or one of the JUCO guys coming in, depending on how good they are
    Hornbeak will be the other starter.