Just talked to a ex Sooner today at the gym

Posted 608 day(s) ago by Houston Sooner6197 Views 86 Replies
Results 51 to 87 of 87
Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. #51
    SoonerLibertarian's Avatar
    Posts
    10,584
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    The top players keep coming back and working with Schmitty because they know what Schmitty delivers. If you really did talk to a player it was a washout that didn't want to work hard and stay with the program.
    2 users like SoonerLibertarian's post: srburkhart, TheKing


  2. #52
    OUrage's Avatar
    Posts
    9,283
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FLORIDA

    Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
    Landry didn't get injured.
    And that pissed off half the Sooner Fan base.
    The following users like this post: DarrellS011


  3. #53

  4. #54
    Originally Posted by prentice2 View Post
    Pop tarts.
    2 users like Sooners2007's post: greensooner, Vodnik


  5. #55
    Originally Posted by Sabla View Post
    Ok, I am relatively new. What's the deal with the OP? Why does everyone hate him/her? I have notices that he/she post unneeded pics in post he/she post in which is kind of annoying. But you guys take the hate to a all new level. I missed something obviously

    I like this guy! You'll get used to the level of hate on this board... just try not to carry it over into your real life.
    The following users like this post: Sabla


  6. #56
    I have a great idea. All you guys who hate each other and talk trash like your tough, meet at Reeve's Park during the first game of the season at about 10:00 am. I will already have my tailgate bus set up and the lawn chairs out. If anyone else wants to watch, come by and bring your own drinks. See you then. Boomer Sooner

  7. #57
    Originally Posted by joshl View Post
    I have a great idea. All you guys who hate each other and talk trash like your tough, meet at Reeve's Park during the first game of the season at about 10:00 am. I will already have my tailgate bus set up and the lawn chairs out. If anyone else wants to watch, come by and bring your own drinks. See you then. Boomer Sooner
    Slapsgiving!

  8. #58

  9. #59
    Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
    Landry didn't get injured.
    Landry lifts spirits not weights.

  10. #60
    Originally Posted by srburkhart View Post
    Landry lifts spirits not weights.
    truth, at the Senior Bowl it was reported that Landry looked like he hadn't lifted a weight in his life

  11. #61
    OU48A's Avatar
    Posts
    13,580
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norman

    There are former players who swear by him. There are other former players who swear at him.
    There are enough of both that there has to be some truth to whats said.
    I wouldn’t be shocked to see a change made.

  12. #62
    Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    truth, at the Senior Bowl it was reported that Landry looked like he hadn't lifted a weight in his life
    Wasn't the same said about Tom Brady? Not that I'm comparing.

  13. #63
    Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
    Landry didn't get injured.
    That's because Landry was afraid to get hit and made sure he never got hit as much as possible by always leaving the pocket way too early and throwing away the football way too early or diving way too early.
    The following users like this post: OU JJ


  14. #64
    Originally Posted by srburkhart View Post
    Wasn't the same said about Tom Brady? Not that I'm comparing.
    honestly I don't remember even though that could be true about Brady

    Brady is a bit of a puss

  15. #65
    Originally Posted by Rockgod View Post
    "Has coached with teams that played in six national championship games and has national title rings from OU, Notre Dame and Florida."

    Whew, Okie St. was not mentioned in that sentence.

  16. #66
    Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    There are former players who swear by him. There are other former players who swear at him.
    There are enough of both that there has to be some truth to whats said.
    I wouldn’t be shocked to see a change made.
    That would be a huge mistake for Stoops. Guys need to buy-in to his system more, stop being a bunch of pussies.

  17. #67
    According to early reports, the players that Blake recruited showed up for a workout with Schmitty and started falling out from the intense demand he put upon them. Turns out it was the WARM UP part of the workout. You can look it up. Let there be ROCK!!

  18. #68
    If someone who is your boss i.e. coach is well loved by everyone, it is a good indication that this boss is not doing their job and accepts something less than a full effort.

  19. #69
    Originally Posted by SoonerLibertarian View Post
    The top players keep coming back and working with Schmitty because they know what Schmitty delivers. If you really did talk to a player it was a washout that didn't want to work hard and stay with the program.
    What top players come back to workout with Schmitty?

    AD does NOT! He works out in Houston with a trainer & with the Vikings and their S&C staff.

    Gerald McCoy works out in San Diego with Tod Durkin, not in Norman.

    And even the players who are not currently signed to an NFL team & use OU to train do NOT work out under Schmitty, they simply use the facilities of their alma mater.

    This retarded crap that OU players all come back to work out under Schmitty is FALSE, & only idiots that can't research things themselves & that simply puke up the crap fed to them, is so completely false.

    The S&C field has advanced so much in the past 15 years it's amazing, and instead of old schools coaches like Schmitty who know very little about science running programs teams now have people with advanced degrees in nutrition & human movement running their programs.

    There is a very real why NONE of the OU coaches were certified before 2010 as strength coaches, b/c to do so you must pass a long & difficult test.

    Yes Schmitty needs to be replaced, and for numerous reasons. We continue to see the same attitude problems while he is the guy in charge of forming the attitude of the program as he spends more time with the players than anyone else. Beyond the attitude & work issues of kids not caring to work for Jerry simply look at kids slowing down, not getting as strong as others at other programs and the massive amount of injuries & bodies breaking down under Schmitty.

    If he isn't reloaded with someone that knows what they are doing than in 3-4 years people will be ****ing about needing better recruits & Bob will be replacing coaches again b/c the play was so poor. When reality is that all starts with Schmitty.

    He is in charge of development, and how people can look at the play & development of players recently (outside of Lane Johnson, who put on over 60 solid lbs by himself before he reached OU) and say he is doing an amazing job are lying to themselves. B/c Tom Wort, Corey Nelson, Joseph Ibiloye, David King, RJ Washington, Jamarkus McFarland and numerous other hard working kids speak to how off Schmitty's system is.
    3 users like ElDiablo's post: 06Sooner, Sooner 4 Life, Tazo


  20. #70
    Straz1999's Avatar
    Posts
    394
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Yorktown, VA

    Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    Was it John Michael McGee?
    It was Malcolm Kelly.

  21. #71
    There is a real motivated guy^

  22. #72
    lonetreebill's Avatar
    Posts
    386
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lone Tree, CO

    Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    Everyone here is way too tinse.
    You're right. I am really tinse right now because my wife washed my underwear in really hot water and has resulted in me sitting at my desk all day with a wedgie. Would make anyone really tinse.

  23. #73
    lonetreebill's Avatar
    Posts
    386
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lone Tree, CO

    Originally Posted by ElDiablo View Post
    What top players come back to workout with Schmitty?

    AD does NOT! He works out in Houston with a trainer & with the Vikings and their S&C staff.

    Gerald McCoy works out in San Diego with Tod Durkin, not in Norman.

    And even the players who are not currently signed to an NFL team & use OU to train do NOT work out under Schmitty, they simply use the facilities of their alma mater.

    This retarded crap that OU players all come back to work out under Schmitty is FALSE, & only idiots that can't research things themselves & that simply puke up the crap fed to them, is so completely false.

    The S&C field has advanced so much in the past 15 years it's amazing, and instead of old schools coaches like Schmitty who know very little about science running programs teams now have people with advanced degrees in nutrition & human movement running their programs.

    There is a very real why NONE of the OU coaches were certified before 2010 as strength coaches, b/c to do so you must pass a long & difficult test.

    Yes Schmitty needs to be replaced, and for numerous reasons. We continue to see the same attitude problems while he is the guy in charge of forming the attitude of the program as he spends more time with the players than anyone else. Beyond the attitude & work issues of kids not caring to work for Jerry simply look at kids slowing down, not getting as strong as others at other programs and the massive amount of injuries & bodies breaking down under Schmitty.

    If he isn't reloaded with someone that knows what they are doing than in 3-4 years people will be ****ing about needing better recruits & Bob will be replacing coaches again b/c the play was so poor. When reality is that all starts with Schmitty.

    He is in charge of development, and how people can look at the play & development of players recently (outside of Lane Johnson, who put on over 60 solid lbs by himself before he reached OU) and say he is doing an amazing job are lying to themselves. B/c Tom Wort, Corey Nelson, Joseph Ibiloye, David King, RJ Washington, Jamarkus McFarland and numerous other hard working kids speak to how off Schmitty's system is.
    I took a long and difficult test once and took me 5 times to pass. Seems like I couldn't parallel park. But I finally passed but I was traumatized as a result and only park in the far corner of the Walmart parking lot.

  24. #74
    Originally Posted by scorpion50 View Post
    If someone who is your boss i.e. coach is well loved by everyone, it is a good indication that this boss is not doing their job and accepts something less than a full effort.
    hinse : Mack Brown

  25. #75
    OUrage's Avatar
    Posts
    9,283
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FLORIDA

    I wish Houston Sooner was black so I could hate everything about him.
    The following users like this post: greensooner

    Last edited by OUrage; February 22nd, 2013 at 12:35 AM.

  26. #76
    Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    I wish Houston Sooner was black so I could hate everything about them.
    he is...his bunky is Brutha....no lie

  27. #77
    Blevins says there's a 40% chance you could be right but also a 65% chance you're wrong. I think there's a 75% chance Blevins is right and 30% chance he's wrong.

  28. #78
    meandmybutt's Avatar
    Posts
    7,112
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Deported to San Antonio

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Its funny cause Dusty and Teddy talk to ex players and have said they the team needs to "buy into" Schmitty workouts more
    But did they talk to ex players in a bar

  29. #79
    Smitty knows his shit, he has been a great strength coach for years.....Just more pussies these days
    2 users like sooners2win's post: Sooner7926, Stein7495


  30. #80
    OkieforOU's Avatar
    Posts
    2,522
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Eastern Oklahoma

    Originally Posted by ElDiablo View Post
    What top players come back to workout with Schmitty?

    AD does NOT! He works out in Houston with a trainer & with the Vikings and their S&C staff.

    Gerald McCoy works out in San Diego with Tod Durkin, not in Norman.

    And even the players who are not currently signed to an NFL team & use OU to train do NOT work out under Schmitty, they simply use the facilities of their alma mater.

    This retarded crap that OU players all come back to work out under Schmitty is FALSE, & only idiots that can't research things themselves & that simply puke up the crap fed to them, is so completely false.

    The S&C field has advanced so much in the past 15 years it's amazing, and instead of old schools coaches like Schmitty who know very little about science running programs teams now have people with advanced degrees in nutrition & human movement running their programs.

    There is a very real why NONE of the OU coaches were certified before 2010 as strength coaches, b/c to do so you must pass a long & difficult test.

    Yes Schmitty needs to be replaced, and for numerous reasons. We continue to see the same attitude problems while he is the guy in charge of forming the attitude of the program as he spends more time with the players than anyone else. Beyond the attitude & work issues of kids not caring to work for Jerry simply look at kids slowing down, not getting as strong as others at other programs and the massive amount of injuries & bodies breaking down under Schmitty.

    If he isn't reloaded with someone that knows what they are doing than in 3-4 years people will be ****ing about needing better recruits & Bob will be replacing coaches again b/c the play was so poor. When reality is that all starts with Schmitty.

    He is in charge of development, and how people can look at the play & development of players recently (outside of Lane Johnson, who put on over 60 solid lbs by himself before he reached OU) and say he is doing an amazing job are lying to themselves. B/c Tom Wort, Corey Nelson, Joseph Ibiloye, David King, RJ Washington, Jamarkus McFarland and numerous other hard working kids speak to how off Schmitty's system is.
    Good post. Can anyone dispute this?
    The following users like this post: soonerUthenMe


  31. #81
    Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    I wish Houston Sooner was black so I could hate everything about him.
    Wow! Really? Awww... That's to bad

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

  32. #82
    Originally Posted by OkieforOU View Post
    Good post. Can anyone dispute this?
    Im sure all those 1st round draft picks hate Schmitty for what he did to them.
    2 users like Vodnik's post: ArmySooner, XxSuBLiMexX


  33. #83
    mexican/ninja's Avatar
    Posts
    7,441
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In pain

    Originally Posted by srburkhart View Post
    Landry lifts spirits not weights.
    The following users like this post: XxSuBLiMexX


  34. #84
    oorah_okie's Avatar
    Posts
    22,901
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Westeros

    Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    I wish Houston Sooner was black so I could hate everything about him.
    Wow, racist much? Where's our hotlink assassin mod, OB at?

  35. #85
    XxSuBLiMexX's Avatar
    Posts
    4,624
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Steppin' Razors

    Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    Wow, racist much? Where's our hotlink assassin mod, OB at?
    It's only racist if the OP isn't a **** face.

  36. #86
    suncoastsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    8,584
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Destin, Florida

    Do none of you ****ers know how to use the word "an" in a sentence? Sweet baby Jesus in a bassinet.

  37. #87
    Originally Posted by suncoastsooner View Post
    Do none of you ****ers know how to use the word "an" in a sentence? Sweet baby Jesus in a bassinet.
    annex would have been better for the OP?

Similar Threads

  1. A few Sooner mentions from Kiper's chat today
    By Salt City Sooner in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 31st, 2013, 06:32 PM
  2. Have we talked about meth...
    By tator in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: September 27th, 2013, 06:50 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 6th, 2013, 02:00 AM