Final Destination: Daytona Style

Posted 424 day(s) ago 1425 Views 19 Replies
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    usaosooner's Avatar
    Posts
    26,972
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    41340
    Location
    hating the off-season

    Final Destination: Daytona Style


  2. #2
    NAMLOOT's Avatar
    Posts
    2,172
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Iowa

    Damn

  3. #3
    chuckrollz's Avatar
    Posts
    454
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR

    That's why I never set in the first few rows when I go to a nascar race..... Its way too dangerous!

  4. #4
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    23,079
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    vCash
    15276

    I was just gettin on to post this. Sounds like about 250-300lbs worth of wheel assembly flying into the crowd. It's always scary when those cars get squirrelly, but ****. That's horrific.

  5. #5
    Shooter's Avatar
    Posts
    7,172
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    1100
    Location
    Closer to the action than you are.

    Really glad I wasn't leaning against the fence shooting that race.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

  6. #6
    chuckrollz's Avatar
    Posts
    454
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR

    Per Marty Smith of ESPN...... "Halifax Health PR tells me 7 injured in stands in their facility. Two critical. One of critical a child. One life-threatening (not child)."
    "Halifax Health PR tells me the patient with life-threatening injuries suffered head trauma."

  7. #7
    XxSuBLiMexX's Avatar
    Posts
    4,620
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Steppin' Razors

    Aren't people supposed to die in a swift and gruesome manner in Final Destination? False advertisement.
    The following users like this post: DHF


  8. #8
    Glad to see the one goober didn't spill his Bud.
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie


  9. #9
    Shooter's Avatar
    Posts
    7,172
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    1100
    Location
    Closer to the action than you are.

    I took this video a couple of years ago at TMS. I was leaning through a hole in the fence that we stick our cameras through to photograph the cars coming out of turns. I was in turn 4, precisely to capture wrecks. The white in the bottom of the frame, is the crash wall. Had a wreck like today's happened then, out of turn 4, my wife would be wealthy and my daughters would be fatherless. Most of the time the danger in my job is in getting landed on by basketball players or trucked by running backs or beaned by an uncaught baseball. NASCAR is a whole different kind of danger. Glad I don't shoot it much.


  10. #10
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    36,710
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    0
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    I was just gettin on to post this. Sounds like about 250-300lbs worth of wheel assembly flying into the crowd. It's always scary when those cars get squirrelly, but ****. That's horrific.
    Not to mention the engine block that flew off when his front end desinagrated. I realize that those are some pretty hefty pieces of metal but aren't these fences designed to prevent exactly what happened?

  11. #11
    pphilfran's Avatar
    Posts
    10,502
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    1000

    Originally Posted by Shooterms View Post
    I took this video a couple of years ago at TMS. I was leaning through a hole in the fence that we stick our cameras through to photograph the cars coming out of turns. I was in turn 4, precisely to capture wrecks. The white in the bottom of the frame, is the crash wall. Had a wreck like today's happened then, out of turn 4, my wife would be wealthy and my daughters would be fatherless. Most of the time the danger in my job is in getting landed on by basketball players or trucked by running backs or beaned by an uncaught baseball. NASCAR is a whole different kind of danger. Glad I don't shoot it much.

    **** that shit...

    I saw an Outlaw car disintegrate at Bristol...hit the wall at the start of the back straight and crap flew far into the stands....just happened to be a part of the speedway that was empty since it was the Outlaws...btw the Outlaws turned faster laps on dirt than Nascar does on pavement...

    Bristol - .533 miles
    Outlaw on dirt 13.8 seconds
    Nascar qualifying record 14.9

    They even had some Outlaw type cars set up for the Bristol concrete that blistered the place in 12.7 seconds (avg lap speed 150 mph)

    I will take Outlaws over Nascar any day...

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    **** that shit...

    I saw an Outlaw car disintegrate at Bristol...hit the wall at the start of the back straight and crap flew far into the stands....just happened to be a part of the speedway that was empty since it was the Outlaws...btw the Outlaws turned faster laps on dirt than Nascar does on pavement...

    Bristol - .533 miles
    Outlaw on dirt 13.8 seconds
    Nascar qualifying record 14.9

    They even had some Outlaw type cars set up for the Bristol concrete that blistered the place in 12.7 seconds (avg lap speed 150 mph)

    I will take Outlaws over Nascar any day...


    Takes grapefruit size balls to go around Bristol in a outlaw on concrete

  13. #13
    pphilfran's Avatar
    Posts
    10,502
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    1000

    Go to the 4:30 mark


  14. #14
    mgsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    6,474
    Join Date
    May 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Tallsa

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Holy sheet, oh my god! I almost spilled my daimn Bud Light!!!

  15. #15
    suncoastsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    5,392
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Destin, Florida

    Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    Go to the 4:30 mark


    Holy ****.

  16. #16
    Turk's Avatar
    Posts
    6,028
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    BFE,OK

    My question is who the media interviews first? Will they be able to choose?

  17. #17
    They're talking about relocating people in those front row seats for the race today.

  18. #18
    mexican/ninja's Avatar
    Posts
    4,996
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    SoonerTech's trailer

    Surprised someone didn't pick up the tire and run off with it to nail to the wall in the man cave.

  19. #19
    SoonerBounce Guest
    SoonerBounce's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a
    vCash
    Originally Posted by suncoastsooner View Post
    Holy ****.
    i didn't see anything

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by XxSuBLiMexX View Post
    Aren't people supposed to die in a swift and gruesome manner in Final Destination? False advertisement.
    If this scene was in Final Destination it would be near the beginning when one of the main characters has a premonition of the impending catastrophic event and takes evasive action, thus setting up the bloody and spectacular death scenes in which Fate corrects the situation by killing the main characters one-by-one throughout the rest of the movie. The person who had been in the empty seat where the wheel assembly landed might want to make sure his life insurance is paid up.
    Last edited by retro; February 25th, 2013 at 05:11 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Your Big D Hotel Destination?
    By Sooner Shemp in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: October 10th, 2013, 01:51 PM
  2. Final Destination: Utah
    By usaosooner in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: August 19th, 2013, 10:15 AM
  3. Final Destination: Texas Giant Style
    By usaosooner in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: July 23rd, 2013, 08:17 AM
  4. Kd Cannon's destination will be determined by offensive fit
    By Jenni 5 in forum Bob Barry's Press Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 11th, 2013, 08:50 PM