Bob F'ing Stoops

Posted 525 day(s) ago 4871 Views 95 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Stoops Bob F'ing Stoops

A lot of sooner fans, myself included, have been down on stoops and his decisions the past few years and have wondered if he has lost his edge. I think it is safe to say that from the recent hires something woke bob up from whatever funk he has been in. bob stepped out of his comfort zone and we look to have a hell of a recruiting prowess with the new coaches on board, coupled with norvell and gundy. the staff has suddenly gotten a lot younger and these guys seem to have a chip on their shoulder and want to prove something. only time will tell how effective bedenbaugh and montgomery will be, but stoops is definitely taking the steps to bringing playmakers back and not just the project players. BOOMER!
    7 users like max fischer's post: bd1, boleybuster, cheetah, nstinson, OU_On_My_Mind, Sooner2012, Vicarious

vCash

Jay Norvell for head coach? It has potential... if he is willing and allowed to smoke one cigar per game.
    2 users like XxSuBLiMexX's post: boleybuster, oorah_okie

vCash

Yay! Cheerleaders!!!

Lets party!

Jay Norvell as head coach...now that's funny! I love the man's enthusiasm--his elan vital--his recruiting, and his cigars, but head coach would be the Peter Principle on steroids.

Max Fischer (OP), yes, HCBS has taken positive steps, encouraging ones.

vCash

back the **** up off josh heupel's HC job right now!

vCash

Originally Posted by max fischer View Post
    A lot of sooner fans, myself included, have been down on stoops and his decisions the past few years and have wondered if he has lost his edge. I think it is safe to say that from the recent hires something woke bob up from whatever funk he has been in. bob stepped out of his comfort zone and we look to have a hell of a recruiting prowess with the new coaches on board, coupled with norvell and gundy. the staff has suddenly gotten a lot younger and these guys seem to have a chip on their shoulder and want to prove something. only time will tell how effective bedenbaugh and montgomery will be, but stoops is definitely taking the steps to bringing playmakers back and not just the project players. BOOMER!
    When I see positive results on the field I'll say Bob is what we need.. I haven't seen anything yet. Let's see a national championship.. Like Bob said, It's time..
    2 users like boomermagic's post: PLAW, SilksKS

vCash

Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    When I see positive results on the field I'll say Bob is what we need.. I haven't seen anything yet. Let's see a national championship.. Like Bob said, It's time..
    That's the boom boom I know and love!!!

Yep. National Title or Stoops sucks. Now that I think of it, Stoops has had one decent year. That's it.

vCash

Yeah it's great to see that he's trying but I'm not going to fall into that get excited about next season or the future trap anymore. When we make it, I'll be happy and exited until I'll just keep watching and wishing and appreciating the wins and not be surprised about the losses.

Originally Posted by land burglar73507 View Post
    Yeah it's great to see that he's trying but I'm not going to fall into that get excited about next season or the future trap anymore. When we make it, I'll be happy and exited until I'll just keep watching and wishing and appreciating the wins and not be surprised about the losses.
    I wouldn't go that far. If we lose to teams like Tulsa and Louisiana Monroe, I'd be surprised.

vCash

Originally Posted by Schooner9 View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. If we lose to teams like Tulsa and Louisiana Monroe, I'd be surprised.
    True dat

vCash

Originally Posted by Schooner9 View Post
    Yep. National Title or Stoops sucks. Now that I think of it, Stoops has had one decent year. That's it.
    Please ? Go ahead and say Bob has fixed everything.. I don't mind but I'll wait and see first. We are sooooooooo overdue for a nc ..

vCash

Please ? Go ahead and say Bob has fixed everything.. I don't mind but I'll wait and see first. We are sooooooooo overdue for a nc ..
    I was so sure in 2008...

vCash

Originally Posted by land burglar73507 View Post
    Yeah. Basically this.

Originally Posted by ItalianSooner View Post
    I was so sure in 2008...
    Me too. I just had a feeling after we lost to Florida in 2008 that Bob might be out of opportunities. The only other coach to get to 4 BCS championship games is Nick Saban. These recent hires/fires are a good indication that he might have the hunger back.

Originally Posted by max fischer View Post
    I think it is safe to say that from the recent hires something woke bob up
    Thank God for us internet posters.

If not, Bob would have continued the 13 year slide from his pinnacle of coaching and continue to be stupid; unlike he rest of the human species who actually get better at what they do with experience.

vCash

The internet posters didn't cause Stoop to dead weight and hell im sure Joe C didn't I do know that a few boosters wanted changes but there was not near enough pressure Bob to FORCE these changes. All of these changes is Bob deciding "Okay lets roll"

Can't wait to see how it pans out
    The following users like this post: oucub23

Until we see actual changes on the field, it isn't safe to say that Bob has seen the light.
    The following users like this post: Sooner 4 Life

Originally Posted by XxSuBLiMexX View Post
    Jay Norvell for head coach? It has potential... if he is willing and allowed to smoke one cigar per game.
    He'll be the next Pete Carrol.

vCash

Originally Posted by SoonerLibertarian View Post
    Until we see actual changes on the field, it isn't safe to say that Bob has seen the light.
    Thats all I'm saying too.. Let's see it..

I would guess everyone of these cheerleader threads is going to die a quick death this off season. I think it is good that the fan base is no longer going to accept this team and coaching staff leaving a huge smelly turd on the field after their bowl game.

vCash

Bowl games don't matter to me unless they are one of the big five...even then, only The NC game carries emotion for me for more than a few days.

vCash

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Bowl games don't matter to me unless they are one of the big five...even then, only The NC game carries emotion for me for more than a few days.
    good for you but they matter to some of us.

Bowl games only matter when you play bad in them.
    The following users like this post: DHF

vCash

Truth.

vCash

so the following?

2004 vs. USC
    2006 vs. BSU
    2007 vs. WVU
    2012 vs. A&M

vCash

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    so the following?

2004 vs. USC
    2006 vs. BSU
    2007 vs. WVU
    2012 vs. A&M
    It would appear so (at least in our fan base). Perhaps we should revisit all of the pomp and circumstance associated with Landry's (at one time) 3-0 bowl record.

I'm sure BoomerMagic was having trouble hiding his swollen pride.

Edited

so the following?

2004 vs. USC
    2006 vs. BSU
    2007 vs. WVU
    2012 vs. A&M
    I don't think we played that bad against Boise in the 2nd half.

vCash

Nor do I...

And they are only considered a BIG game if OU loses

You must be an A&M fan. Oh wait, since Cotton bowl we cant even make fun of them.

Originally Posted by Soonerlife View Post
    And they are only considered a BIG game if OU loses
    Florida State, Washington State, Oregon were big games. Stanford was pretty close to that also. Good thing they didn't have Luck in that one or we would have gotten our asses kicked.

Florida State, Washington State, Oregon were big games. Stanford was pretty close to that also. Good thing they didn't have Luck in that one or we would have gotten our asses kicked.
    It is true that Luck would have helped them. On the other hand I think if we had our missing starters (Sam Bradford, Jermaine Gresham, Brody Eldrige, Jarvis Jones, Brandon Caleb, Auston English, DeMarcus Granger and Tom Wort) we would have beaten them and their freshman QB Luck by somewhere north of 50 points.

vCash

Nor do I...
    I agree but that game is the most talked about upset in the BCS era

It would appear so (at least in our fan base). Perhaps we should revisit all of the pomp and circumstance associated with Landry's (at one time) 3-0 bowl record.

Edited
    Refresh my memory on those opponents

vCash

Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    Refresh my memory on those opponents
    You wouldn't need refreshing if Bowls really mattered to you, as BoomerMagic asserted they did to him.

Originally Posted by CrimsonRez View Post
    back the **** up off josh heupel's HC job right now!
    Does anyone else here think Josh will some day be as fat as Mangino?

Originally Posted by OU Pepperoni View Post
    Does anyone else here think Josh will some day be as fat as Mangino?
    I am not sure if that transformation is humanly possibly

I agree but that game is the most talked about upset in the BCS era
    I was watching a top 10 biggest upsets in sports and was cringing in anticipation.

NO OU!

Michigan (our equal) was there for App State

You wouldn't need refreshing if Bowls really mattered to you, as BoomerMagic asserted they did to him.
    Bowls do matter when we play top 10 opponents. Hopefully we can get back to beating top 10 teams

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    I was watching a top 10 biggest upsets in sports and was cringing in anticipation.

NO OU!

Michigan (our equal) was there for App State
    Both teams were in the top 10 so I don't get calling it an upset like that. Now if we got blown out in the 2nd half like we pretty much did the 1st half it may have made it a bigger upset.
    2 users like SoonerLibertarian's post: DHF, Sooner 4 Life

vCash

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    I am not sure if that transformation is humanly possibly
    Josh would have to get rid of his neck somehow.
    Breastfeeding IS still an option though.

Both teams were in the top 10 so I don't get calling it an upset like that. Now if we got blown out in the 2nd half like we pretty much did the 1st half it may have made it a bigger upset.
    Exactly. That still irritates me. It was one of the most amazing games ever in terms of lead changes and wild plays. But the whole underdog thing is revisionist history. They were ranked 2 spots ahead of us and had a better record. We were Vegas favorites, but not by a ton. That was far from a big upset. It doesn't even compare to Mich - App St.

Sarcasm dude

I too have been way down on Stoops the last few years. But I'm glad to see he finally made some professional hires. People that on paper at least look like they belong. Some of his hiring/firing (or lack there of) decisions would have gotten him sent to the door in the corporate world.

As it's been stated in the thread, now let's see if we can stop having mediocre seasons.

vCash

Edited
    You being sure means zilch..

vCash

Why watch the damn bowl games if they don't matter ? Heh, Makes no sense.. I think all OU games matter to real Sooner fans..

vCash

Originally Posted by mfoster View Post
    Stoops still has it, one game away from a BCS appearance. It was four years of having a statue in the backfield that made it monotonous
    Makes no sense at all.. If He has IT why didn't he make a change at the qb position IF that was the problem ?

vCash

Why watch the damn bowl games if they don't matter ? Heh, Makes no sense.. I think all OU games matter to real Sooner fans..
    If you are contending that this years Cotton Bowl "mattered" the same as a game against the Red Wolves of Arkansas State, I agree.