Sooner Basketball (Next 2-3 years)

Posted 638 day(s) ago 1850 Views 25 Replies

OU Hoops Sooner Basketball (Next 2-3 years)

Just curious to know what we should expect in regards to continued progress over the next few seasons. It seems to me, that all of the young talent is at the guard position. What is there in the way of quality talent waiting in the wings that will have a post presence? Obviously M'Baye is back next year, but who else is already on campus that will contribute, and who are the possible targets in recruiting?

National championship or bust...
    4 users like prentice2's post: HeroOfTheDay, nstinson, Sooner 4 Life, Teo9969

Spangler and Bennett should be solid contributors in the post next season - although Bennett probably much more so defensively.

I've been curious about this, too.
    I know we have some good young talent in Hield, Cousins, Hornbeak, etc. but I think it will be tough to replace Pledger, Osby and Fitzgerald. Those guys are really solid contributors who have carried us down the stretch this season. Even Fitz. When he gets in he just goes to work... baseline jumpers, rebounding... unselfish and solid, under control. Grooms has done really well lately, too.
    Hopefully we get in the tourney and get some good experience for these young guys.

Next year is going to be down from this year, which is why it was so important we made the tournament this year. We graduate 3 of the 4 best players from this years team, and are going to be relying heavily on a bunch of sophomores next year.

Insane what Kruger's done in so little time.

Billy and Calvin spoiled us.

Then Calvin ****ed us over.

Then Joe C. made a bad hire.

Then Joe C. made a mediocre hire.

The '90s and early 2000s were our salad days. We'll never see that level of success here again for a long time. Lon is not the answer.

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

The '90s and early 2000s were our salad days. We'll never see that level of success here again for a long time. Lon is not the answer.

Clearly... LoL

Come on Sting you know better

Sounds like someone has a little stinger dick

Are there any JuCo guys that are out there that we've got an eye on, that can come in and make a immediate impact? And would Kruger go out, and try to bring in a "one and done" kind of talent, to support the guys that are already here? (Or would we even be able to land someone of that caliber?)

Might be one of the worst posts on this board in a while.

Originally Posted by sperry View Post
    Next year is going to be down from this year, which is why it was so important we made the tournament this year. We graduate 3 of the 4 best players from this years team, and are going to be relying heavily on a bunch of sophomores next year.
    I think we'll be back in the tournament next year.

Originally Posted by sperry View Post
    i disagree...
    The following users like this post: COLLISON ANGRY

Not sure if you're serious or just trolling .

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    Yea I am hoping he(Stinger) pops his head in and says he was being facetious LoL ... As not even knowing how to spell one of our coaches name right who coached here for what 12 years? That is bad enough but to add the so incredibly obviously ignorant comments about Kruger...

Come on Sting please say you were joking even if you weren't

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    Obviously you missed my "we should have traded for" thread.

Lon's history is he makes the tourney about half of the time. We were spoiled and took for granted the success we had with Billy and Kelvin. Lon is a very good coach but it is unlikely he will have the success that we had with Billy and Kelvin.

Originally Posted by HVSooner View Post
    Lon's history is he makes the tourney about half of the time.
    that is because he spent a good portion of his time rebuilding teams...
    after he built a winner....he moved on to the next project...

We were spoiled and took for granted the success we had with Billy and Kelvin. Lon is a very good coach but it is unlikely he will have the success that we had with Billy and Kelvin.
    i disagree......but i suppose it depends how long he stays.....
    lon can coach every bit as well as billy and kelvin.....i think lon will recruit slightly better....
    i believe lon can have as much success or more.......ou was/is not the difficult rebuilding job some self proclaimed geniuses tried to lead you to believe....
    we are back in the tournament in lon's second year.......we are one player away from competing for a conference championship....

I stopped reading after Calvin.. Nice post.
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie

87 after tonight I rest my case on Lon not being as good a coach as Billy or Kelvin.

87 after tonight I rest my case on Lon not being as good a coach as Billy or Kelvin.
    Lol. One. Half. Of. One. Game. Put down the hemlock.
    4 users like oucub23's post: COLLISON ANGRY, fdubzou, Irish_Sooner, nstinson

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Lol. One. Half. Of. One. Game. Put down the hemlock.
    No hemlock here...and I am not calling for Lon's head or anything like that. But 87 said in response to a post I made "lon can coach every bit as well as billy and kelvin.....i think lon will recruit slightly better....i believe lon can have as much success or more". So he is claiming Lon is a better coach that Billy or Kelvin....while Lon is a solid good coach his track record is not as good as Kelvin or Billy. We are kidding ourselves if we expect the NCAA every year like we got used to for 25 years...with Lon there will be bad years mixed in with tourney years....go look at his record.

No hemlock here...and I am not calling for Lon's head or anything like that. But 87 said in response to a post I made "lon can coach every bit as well as billy and kelvin.....i think lon will recruit slightly better....i believe lon can have as much success or more". So he is claiming Lon is a better coach that Billy or Kelvin....while Lon is a solid good coach his track record is not as good as Kelvin or Billy. We are kidding ourselves if we expect the NCAA every year like we got used to for 25 years...with Lon there will be bad years mixed in with tourney years....go look at his record.

you need to do some more research on lon kruger...
    The following users like this post: Irish_Sooner

We will be in the tournament or contending for a tourney bid pretty much every year under Kruger.

UNLV is not OU.
    The following users like this post: Irish_Sooner