Best Burger...

Posted 1694 day(s) ago by JBret96415 Views 854 Replies
Page 17 of 18 7 15 16 17 18
    Originally Posted by Organic Potatoes View Post
    For the love of... It had 5 words capitalized at the beginning, no stated subject, and two nouns with possessive indications. It was a joke from me.

A terrible one, but that should make you feel even more ashamed for not getting it.
    the Big Daddy's Gut Grinder at Kilkenny's...

For the love of... It had 5 words capitalized at the beginning, no stated subject, and two nouns with possessive indications. It was a joke from me.

A terrible one, but that should make you feel even more ashamed for not getting it.
    It was so bad I thought you were sharp enough to have not made it. I stand corrected.
    2 users like oucub23's post: Organic Potatoes, PokeJ

I'll second Kilkenny's. While they have wonderful Irish meals, their burgers are consistently awesome.

Which place are you recommending?
    Kilkenny's in Tulsa. Classy Irish Pub, with tons of beer and whiskey choices, probably my favorite eatery in Tulsa

Originally Posted by Claw View Post
    Kilkenny's in Tulsa. Classy Irish Pub, with tons of beer and whiskey choices, probably my favorite eatery in Tulsa
    Pretty tasty bread pudding and chocolate cake options also.

nothing bad on the menu tbh. awesome place

Originally Posted by Crazyivan View Post
    Skip the burger (it's only average) and just go straight for the peach cobbler and ice cream.
    You nailed this! I did have to try it. Average is being kind. The rings and cobbler were great.

I know 87 will be mad this isnt just about burgers but we had a great visit to Lawton. Thanks for the tips!
    The following users like this post: ThievingMagpie

Originally Posted by Rufus T Firefly View Post
    You nailed this! I did have to try it. Average is being kind. The rings and cobbler were great.

I know 87 will be mad this isnt just about burgers but we had a great visit to Lawton. Thanks for the tips!
    Glad you all had a good time overall!
    The following users like this post: Rufus T Firefly

has anybody made it out to Panda Grill yet? heard their burgers are pretty good

Tucker's in Norman had their grand opening today. This was my family's game day food. Just as good ad the OKC version.
    3 users like Rufus T Firefly's post: Clark W. Griswold, Crazyivan, ThievingMagpie

Rons Special with bacon cheese fries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3 users like PokeJ's post: Crazyivan, FriarDan, zcaa0g

Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post

Oh hell yea. I've enjoyed that a time or to.
    2 users like Crazyivan's post: PokeJ, zcaa0g

Christ almighty. I went on Lipitor just looking at that
    2 users like mgsooner's post: ChocoLab, ThievingMagpie

Laguna Burger-Green Chile Cheeseburger...Best in New Mexico! 1/2 pound fresh ground beef with Hatch green chile...Mmm

3 users like nmgaucho's post: Slytherin, the-rover, ThievingMagpie

Originally Posted by Crazyivan View Post
    Oh hell yea. I've enjoyed that a time or to.
    I moved from BA to DFW 10 years ago. I go to Rons every time I get back to Oklahoma.

2 users like PokeJ's post: Crazyivan, zcaa0g

I moved from BA to DFW 10 years ago. I go to Rons every time I get back to Oklahoma.
    Love nearly everything on their menu, but my normal go-to rotation is the special, Frito pie, 3-way, steak sandwich, and the ranch chicken sandwich. Each with okra.

Don't eat many burgers anymore, but I have had a couple tasty ones over the past month. One was at The Abner in Norman (black and blue cheese burger), the other was at The Rusty Knot in Purcell (mushroom swiss burger). My wife and I split a burger and a Cobb salad. Burgers and salads > burger and fries. Nothing, however, beats a burger and onion rings.
    The following users like this post: PokeJ

"World Famous Trucker Burger"

A sign stands alone at I-44 and SW 104th.
    Did anyone ever try that place? I always drive by and wonder how it was.

Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    Don't eat many burgers anymore, but I have had a couple tasty ones over the past month. One was at The Abner in Norman (black and blue cheese burger), the other was at The Rusty Knot in Purcell (mushroom swiss burger). My wife and I split a burger and a Cobb salad. Burgers and salads > burger and fries. Nothing, however, beats a burger and onion rings.
    Doesn't it feel good to say something positive?

The following users like this post: meandmybutt

Doesn't it feel good to say something positive?

**** off aggy.
    2 users like Slytherin's post: meandmybutt, XingTheRubicon

Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    **** off aggy.
    Right back atcha!

i go back to TUlsa for thanksgiving every year, and the Friday after thanksgiving, we all go to Rons and eat all the food. Rons Special, spanish fries and chili cheese fries are the go-tos in our group
    2 users like sooner518's post: PokeJ, zcaa0g

Originally Posted by JBret View Post

If I correctly recall the place my FIL always talked about that he and my MIL would stop on the way up to see us, that may be it. In reality, his tastes were a 50/50 hit/miss when he talked about places he went, so I'm not quite sure to which 50 that was. I miss him terribly and wish I could ask him.
    The following users like this post: JBret

Me and some pals search for the best burgers in Texas.

To be fair in comparing, we classify burgers: (1) flat grill / burger shack (2) cafe (3) premium (4) gourmet

Recently had the Meers burger. It was good, well balanced

Fred's is my favorite in FTW, but there is some solid competition.

Hard to beat The G**** burger in Dallas. Some other favorites include Maple & Motor, Hamburguesa, Off Site, Angry Dog, JG's, Mudhen, Boulevardier, Wingfields

Perini Steakhouse burger in Buffalo Gap is one of the best...memorable place for sure

I ate there while working for OU at the FAA often, the sign was by far the best part of the place.
    The following users like this post: JBret

Del Frisco's in Ft. Worth. Tasty.

Had a "Gene's Tasty Burger" going through Wichita Falls this evening. Great burger

The family would always eat a burger at the Rock Café in Stroud, usually before the Friday night game. Big ol' greasy cheeseburger with glorious natural cut fries then off to watch the Tigers stomp somebody. That was in the 70's and 80's, the Rock is different now. Driving back and forth to college I would stop by the Beggs Drive-in and get and cheeseburger with icy Coke. That was always good. Also, I remember the Burger Shoppe in Kingfisher, always got the Fried Onion Cheeseburger. Good times.

Originally Posted by CZECHVAR View Post
    The family would always eat a burger at the Rock Café in Stroud, usually before the Friday night game. Big ol' greasy cheeseburger with glorious natural cut fries then off to watch the Tigers stomp somebody. That was in the 70's and 80's, the Rock is different now. Driving back and forth to college I would stop by the Beggs Drive-in and get and cheeseburger with icy Coke. That was always good. Also, I remember the Burger Shoppe in Kingfisher, always got the Fried Onion Cheeseburger. Good times.
    Nostalgic burger joints

The following users like this post: CZECHVAR

Originally Posted by smusooner View Post
    Me and some pals search for the best burgers in Texas.

To be fair in comparing, we classify burgers: (1) flat grill / burger shack (2) cafe (3) premium (4) gourmet

Recently had the Meers burger. It was good, well balanced

Fred's is my favorite in FTW, but there is some solid competition.

Hard to beat The G**** burger in Dallas. Some other favorites include Maple & Motor, Hamburguesa, Off Site, Angry Dog, JG's, Mudhen, Boulevardier, Wingfields

Perini Steakhouse burger in Buffalo Gap is one of the best...memorable place for sure
    Check out the house burger (with bacon and gorgonzola) at Lili's Bistro in FW. One of my favorites in DFW. M&O Station has an awesome burger as well. Dutch's and Rodeo Goat are really good too.

Skip Twisted Root. Most overrated burger place ive ever been to

Best Burger...

Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    Check out the house burger (with bacon and gorgonzola) at Lili's Bistro in FW. One of my favorites in DFW. M&O Station has an awesome burger as well. Dutch's and Rodeo Goat are really good too.

You don't like being called Mr Spacely when your order is ready?

You don't like being called Mr Spacely when your order is ready?

ha is that a Twisted Root reference maybe? Ive been there a couple times but dont remember anything about that.....

ha is that a Twisted Root reference maybe? Ive been there a couple times but dont remember anything about that.....
    They give you a slip with a goofy pop reference name that they call when your burger is ready. All the Jetson characters make the rotation. I'm beginning to think you've never been to Twisted Root

Really like Dutch's and had Rodeo Goat near Design District. Hoped for more from Rodo Goat but it could have been an off day. They have great craft brews for sure.

I'm check out Lili's next time I'm out in FTW. Thanks for the suggestion.

Had a burger at The Bearded Lady in FTW a few months back and thought it was good. Again, another good spot for craft brews, too.

Twisted Root is so over rated; one of the lesser burgers in DFW. I honestly may rather go to Whataburger

How do you feel about Kincaid's and Love Shack?

Monday night is burger night at El Toro Chino, the chorizo chili cheeseburger was pretty tasty this week.

It is between Moore and Norman on Telephone road

They give you a slip with a goofy pop reference name that they call when your burger is ready. All the Jetson characters make the rotation. I'm beginning to think you've never been to Twisted Root

i havent been in years. and i only went to the one in Roanoke becuase it was pretty close to where i lived at the time. maybe that was before they were doing that. or i just forgot.

How do you feel about Kincaid's and Love Shack?
    never got around to either of those places. i only lived in FW for 2 years while i got my masters so i certainly missed some spots. I never went to Jakes as well which ive heard is good.

Rodeo Goat's burger (only been there once as it didnt exist when i lived there. i was visiting family and had it) reminded me a lot of HopDoddy in Austin (although theyre kind of all over now).

Originally Posted by oughostpilot View Post
    Monday night is burger night at El Toro Chino, the chorizo chili cheeseburger was pretty tasty this week.

It is between Moore and Norman on Telephone road
    That place is different but I like the food. Will have to try the burger next time.

Goldies in Tulsa is still my favorite. They have been consistent for decades and at all locations.
    2 users like zcaa0g's post: NickDangerThirdEye, PokeJ

Hunky's in Dallas has a pretty good burger. Not the best, but good.

However, they do a Blue Bell Oreo Cookie Milk Shake that will blow your mind

Really like Dutch's and had Rodeo Goat near Design District. Hoped for more from Rodo Goat but it could have been an off day. They have great craft brews for sure.

I'm check out Lili's next time I'm out in FTW. Thanks for the suggestion.

Had a burger at The Bearded Lady in FTW a few months back and thought it was good. Again, another good spot for craft brews, too.

Twisted Root is so over rated; one of the lesser burgers in DFW. I honestly may rather go to Whataburger
    Don't hate on Whataburger. For fast(ish) food, it's hard to beat.
    3 users like JBret's post: Crazyivan, smusooner, sooner59

Don't hate on Whataburger. For fast(ish) food, it's hard to beat.
    I haven't had one in 30 years but they are rather large for a fast food burger.

Heard Reese Davis say BurgerFi is an awesome chain place

SIAP, but don't feel like reading through 18 pages.

The Hanging Tree in itty bitty Goliad, TX has a 50/50 burger. It's 50% bacon, 50% ribeye. Uh-mazing. Could be a stop if you ever drive down to Corpus or Port A.

little mike's on nw expressway is the best in okc now that sob's is gone.

/thread

Tried 1907 burger joint in Moore a few weeks ago..... a solid "meh" on the burgers. Tastes like something your aunt would make at a backyard family gathering.

Originally Posted by Tao Chemical View Post
    Tried 1907 burger joint in Moore a few weeks ago..... a solid "meh" on the burgers. Tastes like something your aunt would make at a backyard family gathering.
    That as my impression too. First try was decent, went back & tried again -- pretty meh.
    2 users like Morningwood's post: boomer23, PokeJ

Originally Posted by Tao Chemical View Post
    You're being gracious and kind. It's the Backdoor BBQ of burger joints.

I thought Jake's in Dallas was pretty good.