Best Burger...

Posted 1694 day(s) ago by JBret96415 Views 854 Replies
Results 801 to 850 of 855
Page 17 of 18 7 15 16 17 18
  1. #801
    Originally Posted by Organic Potatoes View Post
    For the love of... It had 5 words capitalized at the beginning, no stated subject, and two nouns with possessive indications. It was a joke from me.

    A terrible one, but that should make you feel even more ashamed for not getting it.
    the Big Daddy's Gut Grinder at Kilkenny's...

  2. #802
    Originally Posted by Organic Potatoes View Post
    For the love of... It had 5 words capitalized at the beginning, no stated subject, and two nouns with possessive indications. It was a joke from me.

    A terrible one, but that should make you feel even more ashamed for not getting it.
    It was so bad I thought you were sharp enough to have not made it. I stand corrected.
    2 users like oucub23's post: Organic Potatoes, PokeJ


  3. #803
    I'll second Kilkenny's. While they have wonderful Irish meals, their burgers are consistently awesome.

  4. #804
    Originally Posted by Organic Potatoes View Post
    Which place are you recommending?
    Kilkenny's in Tulsa. Classy Irish Pub, with tons of beer and whiskey choices, probably my favorite eatery in Tulsa

  5. #805
    Originally Posted by Claw View Post
    Kilkenny's in Tulsa. Classy Irish Pub, with tons of beer and whiskey choices, probably my favorite eatery in Tulsa
    Pretty tasty bread pudding and chocolate cake options also.

  6. #806
    nothing bad on the menu tbh. awesome place

  7. #807
    Originally Posted by Crazyivan View Post
    Skip the burger (it's only average) and just go straight for the peach cobbler and ice cream.
    You nailed this! I did have to try it. Average is being kind. The rings and cobbler were great.

    I know 87 will be mad this isnt just about burgers but we had a great visit to Lawton. Thanks for the tips!
    The following users like this post: ThievingMagpie


  8. #808
    Originally Posted by Rufus T Firefly View Post
    You nailed this! I did have to try it. Average is being kind. The rings and cobbler were great.

    I know 87 will be mad this isnt just about burgers but we had a great visit to Lawton. Thanks for the tips!
    Glad you all had a good time overall!
    The following users like this post: Rufus T Firefly


  9. #809
    SoonerRO's Avatar
    Posts
    11,472
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    has anybody made it out to Panda Grill yet? heard their burgers are pretty good

  10. #810
    Tucker's in Norman had their grand opening today. This was my family's game day food. Just as good ad the OKC version.
    3 users like Rufus T Firefly's post: Clark W. Griswold, Crazyivan, ThievingMagpie


  11. #811


    Rons Special with bacon cheese fries


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3 users like PokeJ's post: Crazyivan, FriarDan, zcaa0g


  12. #812
    Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post


    Rons Special with bacon cheese fries
    Oh hell yea. I've enjoyed that a time or to.
    2 users like Crazyivan's post: PokeJ, zcaa0g


  13. #813
    mgsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    12,483
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tallsa

    Christ almighty. I went on Lipitor just looking at that
    2 users like mgsooner's post: ChocoLab, ThievingMagpie


  14. #814
    nmgaucho's Avatar
    Posts
    1,900
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sandia Park, NM

    Laguna Burger-Green Chile Cheeseburger...Best in New Mexico! 1/2 pound fresh ground beef with Hatch green chile...Mmm




    3 users like nmgaucho's post: Slytherin, the-rover, ThievingMagpie


  15. #815
    Originally Posted by Crazyivan View Post
    Oh hell yea. I've enjoyed that a time or to.
    I moved from BA to DFW 10 years ago. I go to Rons every time I get back to Oklahoma.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 users like PokeJ's post: Crazyivan, zcaa0g


  16. #816
    Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
    I moved from BA to DFW 10 years ago. I go to Rons every time I get back to Oklahoma.
    Love nearly everything on their menu, but my normal go-to rotation is the special, Frito pie, 3-way, steak sandwich, and the ranch chicken sandwich. Each with okra.

  17. #817
    Don't eat many burgers anymore, but I have had a couple tasty ones over the past month. One was at The Abner in Norman (black and blue cheese burger), the other was at The Rusty Knot in Purcell (mushroom swiss burger). My wife and I split a burger and a Cobb salad. Burgers and salads > burger and fries. Nothing, however, beats a burger and onion rings.
    The following users like this post: PokeJ


  18. #818
    "World Famous Trucker Burger"

    A sign stands alone at I-44 and SW 104th.
    Did anyone ever try that place? I always drive by and wonder how it was.

  19. #819
    Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    Don't eat many burgers anymore, but I have had a couple tasty ones over the past month. One was at The Abner in Norman (black and blue cheese burger), the other was at The Rusty Knot in Purcell (mushroom swiss burger). My wife and I split a burger and a Cobb salad. Burgers and salads > burger and fries. Nothing, however, beats a burger and onion rings.
    Doesn't it feel good to say something positive?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: meandmybutt


  20. #820
    Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
    Doesn't it feel good to say something positive?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    **** off aggy.
    2 users like Slytherin's post: meandmybutt, XingTheRubicon


  21. #821
    Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    **** off aggy.
    Right back atcha!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #822
    sooner518's Avatar
    Posts
    5,682
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post


    Rons Special with bacon cheese fries


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i go back to TUlsa for thanksgiving every year, and the Friday after thanksgiving, we all go to Rons and eat all the food. Rons Special, spanish fries and chili cheese fries are the go-tos in our group
    2 users like sooner518's post: PokeJ, zcaa0g


  23. #823
    Originally Posted by JBret View Post
    "World Famous Trucker Burger"

    A sign stands alone at I-44 and SW 104th.
    Did anyone ever try that place? I always drive by and wonder how it was.
    If I correctly recall the place my FIL always talked about that he and my MIL would stop on the way up to see us, that may be it. In reality, his tastes were a 50/50 hit/miss when he talked about places he went, so I'm not quite sure to which 50 that was. I miss him terribly and wish I could ask him.
    The following users like this post: JBret


  24. #824
    Me and some pals search for the best burgers in Texas.

    To be fair in comparing, we classify burgers: (1) flat grill / burger shack (2) cafe (3) premium (4) gourmet

    Recently had the Meers burger. It was good, well balanced

    Fred's is my favorite in FTW, but there is some solid competition.

    Hard to beat The G**** burger in Dallas. Some other favorites include Maple & Motor, Hamburguesa, Off Site, Angry Dog, JG's, Mudhen, Boulevardier, Wingfields

    Perini Steakhouse burger in Buffalo Gap is one of the best...memorable place for sure

  25. #825
    Originally Posted by JBret View Post
    "World Famous Trucker Burger"

    A sign stands alone at I-44 and SW 104th.
    Did anyone ever try that place? I always drive by and wonder how it was.
    I ate there while working for OU at the FAA often, the sign was by far the best part of the place.
    The following users like this post: JBret


  26. #826
    Del Frisco's in Ft. Worth. Tasty.

  27. #827
    Had a "Gene's Tasty Burger" going through Wichita Falls this evening. Great burger

  28. #828
    The family would always eat a burger at the Rock Café in Stroud, usually before the Friday night game. Big ol' greasy cheeseburger with glorious natural cut fries then off to watch the Tigers stomp somebody. That was in the 70's and 80's, the Rock is different now. Driving back and forth to college I would stop by the Beggs Drive-in and get and cheeseburger with icy Coke. That was always good. Also, I remember the Burger Shoppe in Kingfisher, always got the Fried Onion Cheeseburger. Good times.

  29. #829
    Originally Posted by CZECHVAR View Post
    The family would always eat a burger at the Rock Café in Stroud, usually before the Friday night game. Big ol' greasy cheeseburger with glorious natural cut fries then off to watch the Tigers stomp somebody. That was in the 70's and 80's, the Rock is different now. Driving back and forth to college I would stop by the Beggs Drive-in and get and cheeseburger with icy Coke. That was always good. Also, I remember the Burger Shoppe in Kingfisher, always got the Fried Onion Cheeseburger. Good times.
    Nostalgic burger joints


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: CZECHVAR


  30. #830
    sooner518's Avatar
    Posts
    5,682
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Originally Posted by smusooner View Post
    Me and some pals search for the best burgers in Texas.

    To be fair in comparing, we classify burgers: (1) flat grill / burger shack (2) cafe (3) premium (4) gourmet

    Recently had the Meers burger. It was good, well balanced

    Fred's is my favorite in FTW, but there is some solid competition.

    Hard to beat The G**** burger in Dallas. Some other favorites include Maple & Motor, Hamburguesa, Off Site, Angry Dog, JG's, Mudhen, Boulevardier, Wingfields

    Perini Steakhouse burger in Buffalo Gap is one of the best...memorable place for sure
    Check out the house burger (with bacon and gorgonzola) at Lili's Bistro in FW. One of my favorites in DFW. M&O Station has an awesome burger as well. Dutch's and Rodeo Goat are really good too.

    Skip Twisted Root. Most overrated burger place ive ever been to

  31. #831

    Best Burger...

    Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    Check out the house burger (with bacon and gorgonzola) at Lili's Bistro in FW. One of my favorites in DFW. M&O Station has an awesome burger as well. Dutch's and Rodeo Goat are really good too.

    Skip Twisted Root. Most overrated burger place ive ever been to
    You don't like being called Mr Spacely when your order is ready?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #832
    sooner518's Avatar
    Posts
    5,682
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
    You don't like being called Mr Spacely when your order is ready?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ha is that a Twisted Root reference maybe? Ive been there a couple times but dont remember anything about that.....

  33. #833
    Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    ha is that a Twisted Root reference maybe? Ive been there a couple times but dont remember anything about that.....
    They give you a slip with a goofy pop reference name that they call when your burger is ready. All the Jetson characters make the rotation. I'm beginning to think you've never been to Twisted Root


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  34. #834
    Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    Check out the house burger (with bacon and gorgonzola) at Lili's Bistro in FW. One of my favorites in DFW. M&O Station has an awesome burger as well. Dutch's and Rodeo Goat are really good too.

    Skip Twisted Root. Most overrated burger place ive ever been to
    Really like Dutch's and had Rodeo Goat near Design District. Hoped for more from Rodo Goat but it could have been an off day. They have great craft brews for sure.

    I'm check out Lili's next time I'm out in FTW. Thanks for the suggestion.

    Had a burger at The Bearded Lady in FTW a few months back and thought it was good. Again, another good spot for craft brews, too.

    Twisted Root is so over rated; one of the lesser burgers in DFW. I honestly may rather go to Whataburger

  35. #835
    Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    Check out the house burger (with bacon and gorgonzola) at Lili's Bistro in FW. One of my favorites in DFW. M&O Station has an awesome burger as well. Dutch's and Rodeo Goat are really good too.

    Skip Twisted Root. Most overrated burger place ive ever been to
    How do you feel about Kincaid's and Love Shack?

  36. #836
    Monday night is burger night at El Toro Chino, the chorizo chili cheeseburger was pretty tasty this week.

    It is between Moore and Norman on Telephone road

  37. #837
    sooner518's Avatar
    Posts
    5,682
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
    They give you a slip with a goofy pop reference name that they call when your burger is ready. All the Jetson characters make the rotation. I'm beginning to think you've never been to Twisted Root


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i havent been in years. and i only went to the one in Roanoke becuase it was pretty close to where i lived at the time. maybe that was before they were doing that. or i just forgot.

  38. #838
    sooner518's Avatar
    Posts
    5,682
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Originally Posted by smusooner View Post
    How do you feel about Kincaid's and Love Shack?
    never got around to either of those places. i only lived in FW for 2 years while i got my masters so i certainly missed some spots. I never went to Jakes as well which ive heard is good.

    Rodeo Goat's burger (only been there once as it didnt exist when i lived there. i was visiting family and had it) reminded me a lot of HopDoddy in Austin (although theyre kind of all over now).

  39. #839
    kingswitz's Avatar
    Posts
    5,064
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Norman, USA

    Originally Posted by oughostpilot View Post
    Monday night is burger night at El Toro Chino, the chorizo chili cheeseburger was pretty tasty this week.

    It is between Moore and Norman on Telephone road
    That place is different but I like the food. Will have to try the burger next time.

  40. #840
    Goldies in Tulsa is still my favorite. They have been consistent for decades and at all locations.
    2 users like zcaa0g's post: NickDangerThirdEye, PokeJ


  41. #841
    Hunky's in Dallas has a pretty good burger. Not the best, but good.

    However, they do a Blue Bell Oreo Cookie Milk Shake that will blow your mind

  42. #842
    Originally Posted by smusooner View Post
    Really like Dutch's and had Rodeo Goat near Design District. Hoped for more from Rodo Goat but it could have been an off day. They have great craft brews for sure.

    I'm check out Lili's next time I'm out in FTW. Thanks for the suggestion.

    Had a burger at The Bearded Lady in FTW a few months back and thought it was good. Again, another good spot for craft brews, too.

    Twisted Root is so over rated; one of the lesser burgers in DFW. I honestly may rather go to Whataburger
    Don't hate on Whataburger. For fast(ish) food, it's hard to beat.
    3 users like JBret's post: Crazyivan, smusooner, sooner59


  43. #843
    Originally Posted by JBret View Post
    Don't hate on Whataburger. For fast(ish) food, it's hard to beat.
    I haven't had one in 30 years but they are rather large for a fast food burger.

  44. #844
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    27,970
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Punsylvania

    Heard Reese Davis say BurgerFi is an awesome chain place

  45. #845
    BehindEnemyLines's Avatar
    Posts
    3,614
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Georgetown, TX

    SIAP, but don't feel like reading through 18 pages.

    The Hanging Tree in itty bitty Goliad, TX has a 50/50 burger. It's 50% bacon, 50% ribeye. Uh-mazing. Could be a stop if you ever drive down to Corpus or Port A.

  46. #846
    p23570's Avatar
    Posts
    6,423
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Miyakojima-shi, Okinawa-ken

    little mike's on nw expressway is the best in okc now that sob's is gone.

    /thread

  47. #847
    Tried 1907 burger joint in Moore a few weeks ago..... a solid "meh" on the burgers. Tastes like something your aunt would make at a backyard family gathering.

  48. #848
    Morningwood's Avatar
    Posts
    5,763
    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Originally Posted by Tao Chemical View Post
    Tried 1907 burger joint in Moore a few weeks ago..... a solid "meh" on the burgers. Tastes like something your aunt would make at a backyard family gathering.
    That as my impression too. First try was decent, went back & tried again -- pretty meh.
    2 users like Morningwood's post: boomer23, PokeJ


  49. #849
    Originally Posted by Tao Chemical View Post
    Tried 1907 burger joint in Moore a few weeks ago..... a solid "meh" on the burgers. Tastes like something your aunt would make at a backyard family gathering.
    You're being gracious and kind. It's the Backdoor BBQ of burger joints.

  50. #850
    I thought Jake's in Dallas was pretty good.

Similar Threads

  1. The Best Burger You Ever Ate?
    By sooner518 in forum Make Me a Sammich
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: August 1st, 2012, 02:57 AM