OU vs Notre Dame 2013

Posted 541 day(s) ago by soonerrhea18838 Views 312 Replies
Page 5 of 7 3 4 5 6 7
    Originally Posted by jimmyd View Post
    come one, come all.. calling all Sooner fans to South Bend to watch the destruction of OU at the hands of the mighty Irish. things to expect when visiting..
    1.) GA runs for 200 yards
    2.) Irish win by 20+
    3.) Plenty of beer
    4.) Lots of green

Enjoy your stay, and thanks for visiting.
    can we meet up personally to hang out? I'd like to make sure all your predictions come true and if not all my beer is on your tab...deal?

SoonerBounce Guest
    come one, come all.. calling all Sooner fans to South Bend to watch the destruction of OU at the hands of the mighty Irish. things to expect when visiting..
    2.) Irish win by 20+
    3.) Plenty of beer
    4.) Lots of green

will you and meni be sucking each other off?

2.) Irish win by 20+
    3.) Plenty of beer
    4.) Lots of green

5.) jimmyd getting the shit kicked out of him by some Sooner fans.
    The following users like this post: hawkdriver

I doubt jimmyd will be at the game, or that he could be admitted at ND. Just an underemployed burnout posting from his parents basement.

Someday I will tell you guys the sordid story of my last sordid trip through Chicago and on to South Bend...............cops, hookers, video cameras, white sox, snobbish ND professors, five dollar tickets on the 40 , etc. The video camera was on in the truck from Chi. to SB and nobody knew.............evidence, oh the evidence. all audio of course, Started watching at home with the wife and had a unforseen electronic glitch to get it shut off. bwahahaha.........kids say the darndest tthings.
    The following users like this post: S00NERB0RN73

Originally Posted by CrimsonHeaven View Post
    Someday I will tell you guys the sordid story of my last sordid trip through Chicago and on to South Bend...............cops, hookers, video cameras, white sox, snobbish ND professors, five dollar tickets on the 40 , etc. The video camera was on in the truck from Chi. to SB and nobody knew.............evidence, oh the evidence. all audio of course, Started watching at home with the wife and had a unforseen electronic glitch to get it shut off. bwahahaha.........kids say the darndest tthings.
    Sounds like a party.. Are you complaining?

So has OU sent out tickets yet?

Originally Posted by hOUrricane View Post
    So has OU sent out tickets yet?
    i called and asked today ... ticket office said they will mail them the end of this week

2.) Irish win by 20+
    3.) Plenty of beer
    4.) Lots of green

I'm not sure GA3 will be the starter by the end of the month. Amir is looking good as well as the freshman.

Who has the scoop on tailgating and or other OU get togethers? I'll be there with the wife and we are both excited for the vacation/trip.

Lou Holtz, you were in charge of one thing. ONE THING!
    2 users like SoonerBeerSnob's post: chris9996, OU812

Originally Posted by TheLadiesMike View Post
    I doubt jimmyd will be at the game, or that he could be admitted at ND. Just an underemployed burnout posting from his parents basement.
    Careful Boooomerini will come to his defense

Screw these Friday fish eatin' SOB's. Hang a half a hundred on them.

Originally Posted by OKIRISHFAN View Post
    I'm not sure GA3 will be the starter by the end of the month. Amir is looking good as well as the freshman.
    Greg Bryant, the piss ant.

Section 118. Decorative with ND crap. I'm ready.

Originally Posted by Balko View Post
    Greg Bryant, the piss ant.
    It was supposed to be "freshmEn", i.e. plural. as in Greg Bryant and Tarean Folston.

I am selling my single tickets so I can buy a pair. If you're interested check out the ticket forum on here.

bump. i'm freaking pumped about this trip. premature? maybe. it's time for you people to get amped too.

Originally Posted by hawkdriver View Post
    bump. i'm freaking pumped about this trip. premature? maybe. it's time for you people to get amped too.
    I'm pumped as well. my trip for this starts tomorrow. I talked about it earlier in the thread but 2 weeks between chicago, sandusky(cedar point), Niagara falls, south bend. Super stoked.

Originally Posted by whatitis View Post
    I'm pumped as well. my trip for this starts tomorrow. I talked about it earlier in the thread but 2 weeks between chicago, sandusky(cedar point), Niagara falls, south bend. Super stoked.
    I'm jealous. I am headed to San Fran tomorrow-Saturday... Then back in Dallas till Friday. Pumped for Chi/South Bend. Still looking for a ticket if someone wants to help me out

Bump

Weather forecast for Saturday's game at South Bend: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.
    Chicago's weather: 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 75.

Who's parking where at ND?

Originally Posted by Slobber View Post
    Weather forecast for Saturday's game at South Bend: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.
    Chicago's weather: 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 75.

Who's parking where at ND?
    K Lot here.

If you drive there in a 4x4.....just park in the reflecting pool.

The following users like this post: JakeFromStateFarm

ugly women

I'm going to try the golf course. But, if I get there early enough, try some free street parking off campus, near the K lot.

What is the estimate on how many sooner fans will be in the stadium?

Don't know but I will be there, early, loud and late. I hope all of our fans bring it. Last year they pissed in our post-toasties and I'm angry about it.
    The following users like this post: OU48A

Don't know but I will be there, early, loud and late. I hope all of our fans bring it. Last year they pissed in our post-toasties and I'm angry about it.
    Be loud and proud.^
    Wish I was going.

I think the bye week is big for Oklahoma. In fact, we have byes before our three biggest games, Notre Dame, Baylor, and OSU. We play Kansas before Texas Tech, so that's effectively another bye!

Originally Posted by soonerrhea View Post
    What is the estimate on how many sooner fans will be in the stadium?
    10K plus. ND likes to put visitors high up in the endzone out of the way. But there should be plenty of Crimson there to make our presence felt.

Originally Posted by mesocyclone View Post
    I think the bye week is big for Oklahoma. In fact, we have byes before our three biggest games, Notre Dame, Baylor, and OSU. We play Kansas before Texas Tech, so that's effectively another bye!
    Actually "bye" is probably a little tougher than Kansas.
    The following users like this post: mesocyclone

Uniform nd game

Section 18 row 39 lower bowl........ im going to the golf course be there when they open at 8 am anyone else going to the golf course to tailgate.....BOOMER SOONER

why the golf course? is that the spot? if you've been to ND before please sound off with the best spot. Are LT's getting together ?

also, what bars should we hit in south bend?
    Last edited by hawkdriver; September 23rd, 2013 at 11:24 AM. Reason: solicit bar recs

why the golf course? is that the spot? if you've been to ND before please sound off with the best spot. Are LT's getting together ?
    The wife and I are new Chicago residents and are considering driving down to South Bend on Saturday morning (no tickets...yet). We would love to meet up and tailgate with some other Sooner alums before, during (if we remain ticketless) and after the game. Of course we would be happy to pitch in/bring some of our own food, etc. to share in the Sooner experience. After being in Boston for the past few years its nice to have a Sooner game somewhat close to home for a change. Looking forward to seeing a 4-0 start to the season.
    3 users like kwatson's post: hawkdriver, JakeFromStateFarm, opusrex

The golf course requires you have tickets to the game to get in. Also, if it is raining, they will not open the golf course for parking.

tailgate

well the golf course is quite close to walk and tour the campus and i have my tickets so i can get in.....But i ve never been to notre dame so idk what the best tailgating place is......white field is a option you just take a shuttle to the stadium and then back after the game..

I too would like to know the best spots to park (on the cheap, if possible).

Originally Posted by lauderdaleOU View Post
    I too would like to know the best spots to park (on the cheap, if possible).
    I did some googling on my own, found this: http://gameday.nd.edu/campus/parking/

Best tailgates are in the lots just south of the stadium. The C-lot. I don't know of any OU tailgates scheduled to be there.

South Bend bars:

The Backer - dive bar that is always crowded on game weekends (technically the Linebacker Lounge?)
    Mulligans - another dive, less busy, nothing special
    O'Rourke's - right on the edge of campus, nothing special, decent spot to watch a game in the day/evening
    Brother's - just south of campus - popular spot for bros and the general party crowd, good spot to watch games until the party crowd comes out
    Finnie's (technically Finnegans or the Blarney Stone) - dive bar, cash cover, can get packed after midnight, come drunk and leave drunker
    Corby's - was in Rudy, indoors and outdoors, a bit of a dive bar but cleaner than the other dive bars

Best tailgates are in the lots just south of the stadium. The C-lot. I don't know of any OU tailgates scheduled to be there.

South Bend bars:

The Backer - dive bar that is always crowded on game weekends (technically the Linebacker Lounge?)
    O'Rourke's - right on the edge of campus, nothing special, decent spot to watch a game in the day/evening
    Brother's - just south of campus - popular spot for bros and the general party crowd, good spot to watch games until the party crowd comes out
    Finnie's (technically Finnegans or the Blarney Stone) - dive bar, cash cover, can get packed after midnight, come drunk and leave drunker
    Corby's - was in Rudy, indoors and outdoors, a bit of a dive bar but cleaner than the other dive bars
    Most of that is my kinda place. Thanks for the intel.

South Bend bars:

Any must try places to eat in the SB area?

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    Any must try places to eat in the SB area?
    I liked Fiddler's Hearth, which is actually trying to be Irish food and is pretty good (I've never been to Ireland so I can't say how authentic it is). It can be tough to get a seat, as it is a popular spot on gameday weekends. Brunch is good, too, even for lunch or dinner but is not available after 5 pm on Fri/Sat. It is pub style seating. I liked the boxty, the fish & chips is solid.

Fine dining I would say Corndance in Mishawaka (about 10 minutes east of campus). The Peruvian pork ham hock was one of the best meals I ever ate. The Sword of John Adams is supposed to be excellent as well, it is a mix of meat and veggies on a sword. They also have a chicken and waffles on a sword. I want to say these meals run about $30 but it was worth it.

Mexican and BBQ in the midwest is to be avoided in my experience.

People say CJs downtown has a good burger but I think it was better before the new location. Rocco's is a popular local pizza place, between campus and downtown. JW Chen's is a pretty good Chinese/Asian place where the owner comes to greet you and can make some custom meals. Cambodian Thai is good Asian food but seating is very limited so I got it to go.

Brother's, O'Rourke's, and Between the Buns are all decent sports bars but nothing special food-wise. I never cared for Legend's, the on campus sports bar, as it is overpriced and service is always slow. I recommend avoiding it. It also has some weird booze policies due to campus rules.

Nick's Patio is the place for post-bar breakfast food. I have never been there sober but it's been a good close to some memorable nights.

Anyone out in Mishawaka/Granger I'd say Uptown Kitchen is a good breakfast spot, and Soho is solid sushi. Aladdin's eatery was good Mediterranean but I never really eat Mediterranean so what do I know. Granite City Brewery was solid for a burger or other American food.
    The following users like this post: hawkdriver

Last edited by TheLadiesMike; September 23rd, 2013 at 11:00 PM.

I would add that South Bend bars are open til 3 am. People generally pregame 9 to 11 or 12 then hit the bars.

Also, Mulligan's would do country night on Fridays. I am not sure if that's still going on but it was this spring.

Indiana alcohol laws: Cold beer is sold at liquor stores only, along with liquor and wine. Grocery stores sells warm beer, wine, and liquor. Gas stations sell warm beer. Liquor stores are open late - closing from 11 pm to 1 am, it varies based on the store. They are closed on Sundays.

Hope you all enjoy your return to The Bend. It should be a great sequel to last year.

For classic American dining, popular choices are La Salle Grille, and the Tippecannoe.
    2 users like notre dame joe's post: chantundefeated, lauderdaleOU

Bought a new hat for the game.

The following users like this post: boomermagic

I have that one. "Hang half a hundred on em"!!

I have that one. "Hang half a hundred on em"!!
    2 users like Coach's post: boomermagic, swampsooner

We'll Earl Dibbles Jr. picked the Sooners to beat ND. Aint nothing countrier than a bulldozer!
    2 users like TerminatorX75's post: hawkdriver, soonerchoctaw

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    will you and meni be sucking each other off?
    You sound jealous that you weren't invited.