Sports Car Thread

Posted 1688 day(s) ago by SiggyPoke8547 Views 155 Replies
Page 4 of 4 2 3 4

Originally Posted by acheman8 View Post
    So Chip - you do all that work yourself with your own two hands? I want to supercharge my 2012 Grand Sport. Is that something you could do? How hard would that be? Places like Hennessy want $10k+ to supercharge an LS3 (includes parts.) Is that a fair deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes. Well I didn't sleeve it or do the machine work. But i assembled the longblock myself. Me and a few buddies did the install (some things are tough to do with only one set of hands) and another buddy tuned it. Done plenty of blower installs on ls3's.

10k with a tune and install aint bad. Depends on which blower though. Blower is around 7500. Tune is 600-800. What about fuel system upgrades...injectors specifically. Stay away from Hennessey.

Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    Dyno numbers?

That number is secret... you know the game.

JK... texas mile peeps already kicked me out for no cage after my 210mph run

Max ive pushed it is 1186 @24... but tires were spinning bad. It stays at 17 and upper 900's. Remember its set up for top speed and road course.
    2 users like ChpThril's post: pphilfran, veyron_80

Originally Posted by ChpThril View Post
    Yes. Well I didn't sleeve it or do the machine work. But i assembled the longblock myself. Me and a few buddies did the install (some things are tough to do with only one set of hands) and another buddy tuned it. Done plenty of blower installs on ls3's.

10k with a tune and install aint bad. Depends on which blower though. Blower is around 7500. Tune is 600-800. What about fuel system upgrades...injectors specifically. Stay away from Hennessey.

That number is secret... you know the game.

JK... texas mile peeps already kicked me out for no cage after my 210mph run

Max ive pushed it is 1186 @24... but tires were spinning bad. It stays at 17 and upper 900's. Remember its set up for top speed and road course.
    So for the SC, I'm thinking about A&A or Edelbrock eForce. I like the looks of the Edelbrock but I've heard really good things about A&A. What are your thoughts? Also, I know to stay away from Hennessy. Can you recommend a shop in the Houston area?

Capable of going from 0-60 mph in 1.9 seconds
    He also said it would climb from 0 to 100 mph in 4.2 seconds and clear a quarter mile in 8.9 seconds

Originally Posted by acheman8 View Post
    So for the SC, I'm thinking about A&A or Edelbrock eForce. I like the looks of the Edelbrock but I've heard really good things about A&A. What are your thoughts? Also, I know to stay away from Hennessy. Can you recommend a shop in the Houston area?
    Two totally different animals. what are your goals? The e-force is going to produce a lot of heat and limit your Peak power. Personally I prefer the Maggie heartbeat over that blower. With the A&A, the sky is the limit as far as power. If you're willing to change the hood you could also look at the Whipple. Do you have a problem with turbos?

As far as shops in the Houston area, you don't get much better than LMR.
    The following users like this post: acheman8

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Best thing is how he’s named the speed settings in the car.