Wes Welker's Sports Bar and Grill

Posted 763 day(s) ago 3817 Views 60 Replies
Results 1 to 50 of 61
Page 1 of 2 1 2
  1. #1
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    24,135
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Wes Welker's Sports Bar and Grill

    Just noticed this place the other day.

    No, I don't spend a lot of time on Memorial Road.

    Anyone need a job? They're hiring.

    http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/fbh/3846563911.html


  2. #2
    they specialize in short ribs and short cake
    3 users like willie's post: pbc2003, R3D Mamba, Stein7495


  3. #3
    When I read the thread title, I questioned the logic of his investing in the risky restaurant/bar business. At least he was smart enough to partner up with Hal Smith, who definitely knows how to run a successful restaurant. Best of luck to them.

  4. #4
    Not in a very good location. Over/under 2 years.
    The following users like this post: ChpThril


  5. #5
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    14,675
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    What used to be there

  6. #6
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    14,240
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Falls

    They could receive a lot of business...

  7. #7
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    16,658
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Whiskeytown

    Special of the Day: The Rex Ryan-pigs feet that melt into he mouth.

  8. #8
    SneakerHead's Avatar
    Posts
    520
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    OKC Metro/Norman

    Hopefully it's a legitimate SPORTS bar. I don't think OKC has one. I can never find anywhere showing boxing matches except when they're big PPV fights.
    The following users like this post: wendyaveli


  9. #9
    Originally Posted by SneakerHead View Post
    Hopefully it's a legitimate SPORTS bar. I don't think OKC has one. I can never find anywhere showing boxing matches except when they're big PPV fights.
    If they didn't charge around $1200 to broadcast a single UFC or Boxing event, more places would probably do it.

  10. #10
    According to Shamp his sister is the hiring manager
    3 users like Yasiel Puig's post: BernieMadoff, DIB, Sponge


  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Yasiel Puig View Post
    According to Shamp his sister is the hiring manager
    Unless it is an inlaw Wes doesn't have a sister.

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by SneakerHead View Post
    Hopefully it's a legitimate SPORTS bar. I don't think OKC has one. I can never find anywhere showing boxing matches except when they're big PPV fights.
    So you're wanting to find a bar that is going to show fights that are on HBO and/or Showtime? Yeah, good luck with that buddy. That doesn't exist.

  13. #13
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    26,944
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Or maybe because boxing sucks.

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    Or maybe because boxing sucks.
    MMA is so much better. It's like skinhead gay ****. Who wouldn't love that?
    2 users like mgsooner's post: BillyOcean, cbsooner


  15. #15
    People with hair and hetero tendencies?

  16. #16
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    24,135
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    What used to be there
    Carrabbas, I think.

  17. #17
    SneakerHead's Avatar
    Posts
    520
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    OKC Metro/Norman

    Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    So you're wanting to find a bar that is going to show fights that are on HBO and/or Showtime? Yeah, good luck with that buddy. That doesn't exist.
    Yep. I figured somewhere would be showing the Broner fight last week. I was wrong.

  18. #18
    I heard it's open. Has anyone been yet? First impressions?

  19. #19
    mexican/ninja's Avatar
    Posts
    11,499
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In pain

    Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    I heard it's open. Has anyone been yet? First impressions?
    It's a little short on quality.

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by playmakr View Post
    Not in a very good location. Over/under 2 years.
    That stretch of Memorial has been very hit or miss with restaurants. Some have done really well and a lot of have failed. I think it has more to do with shitty concepts though than it does the location. An S&B's Burger Joint just opened around the corner from this Wes Walker place on May and so far they've been doing really well.

  21. #21
    Went there last night for dinner. Great food. They have a shit ton of good TVs all over. Service was rough at first, but they made up for it.

    They were busy, but not as busy as I was imagining. I am finding that most people don't know that its open yet. I am wondering if they're waiting another week or so before doing a grand opening and then advertise.

    However, they need to fix their menus..


  22. #22
    Morningwood's Avatar
    Posts
    3,561
    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    "Whaddya got on darft tonight there, sweet tits??"

    DnR on draft though, that's cool

  23. #23
    Yuck Fu's Avatar
    Posts
    6,045
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ah so, mutha fucka.

    Originally Posted by htownSOONER View Post
    Unless it is an inlaw Wes doesn't have a sister.
    Maybe Shamp (Champ/Shemp) has a sister?

  24. #24
    Went there yesterday. Looks like it would be a great place to watch a sporting event. We were watching some of the soccer. Nice place.
    The kitchen has some issues they need to work out. Half of the food we got was cold. But our waiter (JJ I think was his name) handled it promptly and fixed it. I had the rotisserie chicken sandwich. It was really good. The wife had the chicken and waffle bites and mac and cheese. Both were great. Beer was a little pricey.

    All in all it was a good experience and we'd go back to try it again.

  25. #25
    Filthy's Avatar
    Posts
    1,422
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Originally Posted by R3D Mamba View Post
    I had the rotisserie chicken sandwich. It was really good.
    I had ther rotisserie Chicken as well. The pesto sauce was a nice touch.


    Have been a few times. Went for Lunch on Thursday...super busy, and hard to get in and out quickly. Service wasn't great...but its to be expected being so new. Went again yesterday after playing some golf, and it wasn't as crowded. The food is surprisingly good for a "sports bar." It's not "premium" food...but its much better quality than anything BWW, Hooters, Twin Peaks, etc...offer.
    The following users like this post: R3D Mamba


  26. #26
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    24,135
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Drove by yesterday. It is no more.

    Is now called Pub W American Ale House.

  27. #27
    Morningwood's Avatar
    Posts
    3,561
    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Pub W is essentially the same exact concept. The one in Norman has done pretty well

  28. #28
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    14,675
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    What's the restaurant where the old Bikinis was at? Whatever it is it has to be better than Bikinis because that place sucked.

  29. #29
    Originally Posted by Morningwood View Post
    Pub W is essentially the same exact concept. The one in Norman has done pretty well
    I think of W as O'Connell's for grown ups
    2 users like 1stTimeCaller's post: BernieMadoff, Morningwood


  30. #30
    Morningwood's Avatar
    Posts
    3,561
    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    What's the restaurant where the old Bikinis was at? Whatever it is it has to be better than Bikinis because that place sucked.
    'sucked' is being nice about it. Someone I used to work with talked up Bikinis' wait staff and food, made it sound like the best of all the breasteraunts so I tried it one night. Took about 15 seconds to realize he was really high or just simply ****ing with me.
    The following users like this post: Coach


  31. #31
    Morningwood's Avatar
    Posts
    3,561
    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Originally Posted by 1stTimeCaller View Post
    I think of W as O'Connell's for grown ups
    And no paint thinner required to get the ashtray smell out of clothes
    The following users like this post: 1stTimeCaller


  32. #32
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    14,675
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Originally Posted by Morningwood View Post
    'sucked' is being nice about it. Someone I used to work with talked up Bikinis' wait staff and food, made it sound like the best of all the breasteraunts so I tried it one night. Took about 15 seconds to realize he was really high or just simply ****ing with me.
    Wait staff was terrible on many levels. I ate there several times, not of my choosing after the first, and tried a different food item each time and nothing was good.

  33. #33
    Originally Posted by 1stTimeCaller View Post
    I think of W as O'Connell's for grown ups
    Where is it? I know it's shocking, but I've never heard of it.

  34. #34
    Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    Where is it? I know it's shocking, but I've never heard of it.
    36th and Robinson by Louie's. It's where the Big Tuna restaurant was for a few weeks and Cha Cha's before that. OK Runner is a few doors down

  35. #35
    Originally Posted by 1stTimeCaller View Post
    36th and Robinson by Louie's. It's where the Big Tuna restaurant was for a few weeks and Cha Cha's before that. OK Runner is a few doors down
    Go tit. I bought some shoes in OK Runner a couple weeks ago. Didn't even notice. Also, Panda Garden is gone from there. When did that happen?

  36. #36
    Morningwood's Avatar
    Posts
    3,561
    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    Go tit. I bought some shoes in OK Runner a couple weeks ago. Didn't even notice. Also, Panda Garden is gone from there. When did that happen?
    Couple years ago, their lease ran out and the owner wanted quite a bit more money than the owners were willing to spend. You know there's one on the east side now, right?
    The following users like this post: Slytherin


  37. #37
    kingswitz's Avatar
    Posts
    1,412
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Norman, USA

    Originally Posted by Morningwood View Post
    Couple years ago, their lease ran out and the owner wanted quite a bit more money than the owners were willing to spend. You know there's one on the east side now, right?
    I still haven't recovered from the loss of Panda Garden on the West side 2 minutes from my work. It was a frequent go-to for lunch. Especially the mongolian bbq. Freaking greedy lessors!
    3 users like kingswitz's post: dallasstars10, Morningwood, Slytherin


  38. #38
    Originally Posted by kingswitz View Post
    I still haven't recovered from the loss of Panda Garden on the West side 2 minutes from my work. It was a frequent go-to for lunch. Especially the mongolian bbq. Freaking greedy lessors!
    what!? nooooooooooooo!?

    I loved that place. haven't lived in Norman for a while but loved it when I lived there.

  39. #39
    Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    What's the restaurant where the old Bikinis was at? Whatever it is it has to be better than Bikinis because that place sucked.
    It's going to be a pizza and pub house or some shit like that.

  40. #40
    wendyaveli's Avatar
    Posts
    7,607
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Yukon

    We've gone there for a few drinks. It was okay. I'll have to try the food to confirm if they will get my business.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  41. #41
    Trivia God
    There is no off position on the Genius Switch.
    BernieMadoff's Avatar
    Posts
    887
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Originally Posted by 1stTimeCaller View Post
    I think of W as O'Connell's for grown ups
    They have a really good Fried Chicken special on Sundays. Only times I have been in the joint.

  42. #42
    kingswitz's Avatar
    Posts
    1,412
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Norman, USA

    Originally Posted by whatitis View Post
    what!? nooooooooooooo!?

    I loved that place. haven't lived in Norman for a while but loved it when I lived there.
    Yep. There is a Charming Charlies women's accessories store there now. From what I heard, the reason they raised their lease renewal was that they really wanted them out of Brookhaven. A lot of the other retailers complained of parking issues because Panda was always so busy. I was told this by a commercial real estate agent and the manager of Louies at the time. The East side location has the exact same buffet and mongolian bbq setup.

  43. #43
    Originally Posted by kingswitz View Post
    Yep. There is a Charming Charlies women's accessories store there now. From what I heard, the reason they raised their lease renewal was that they really wanted them out of Brookhaven. A lot of the other retailers complained of parking issues because Panda was always so busy. I was told this by a commercial real estate agent and the manager of Louies at the time. The East side location has the exact same buffet and mongolian bbq setup.
    um.....the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few!

  44. #44
    kingswitz's Avatar
    Posts
    1,412
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Norman, USA

    Originally Posted by whatitis View Post
    um.....the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few!
    I agree. I guess the Brookhaven Elite didn't want that in their center anymore. Snobs!

  45. #45
    Originally Posted by kingswitz View Post
    I agree. I guess the Brookhaven Elite didn't want that in their center anymore. Snobs!

  46. #46
    kingswitz's Avatar
    Posts
    1,412
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Norman, USA

    It's ok. I'm an evil white man. Not a Brookhaven elite. Just loves me some good Chinese food. And you'll usually see me eating lunch with a Japanese Architect. lol

  47. #47
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    29,110
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Originally Posted by kingswitz View Post
    Yep. There is a Charming Charlies women's accessories store there now. From what I heard, the reason they raised their lease renewal was that they really wanted them out of Brookhaven. A lot of the other retailers complained of parking issues because Panda was always so busy. I was told this by a commercial real estate agent and the manager of Louies at the time. The East side location has the exact same buffet and mongolian bbq setup.
    What we have a Charming Charlie's?!

  48. #48
    kingswitz's Avatar
    Posts
    1,412
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Norman, USA

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    What we have a Charming Charlie's?!
    In Brookhaven at 36th NW and Rob, yes.

    On a side note, we did some architectural surveys for them a few years back and almost had to bring suit against them to pay us.

  49. #49
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    29,110
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Originally Posted by kingswitz View Post
    In Brookhaven at 36th NW and Rob, yes.

    On a side note, we did some architectural surveys for them a few years back and almost had to bring suit against them to pay us.
    Aww my nieces love their cutesy stuff! I'll have to take them there.
    The following users like this post: kingswitz


  50. #50
    SportyJames's Avatar
    Posts
    1,839
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Corpus Christi

    Has anyone mentioned that their prices are too HIGH yet?

Similar Threads

  1. Wes Welker a Bronco
    By Wailer in forum Jenkins & Lindsey
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: March 17th, 2013, 01:36 PM
  2. Wes Welker's Sister
    By Yasiel Puig in forum The Pub
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 21st, 2013, 01:11 AM
  3. Wes Welker is the anti-Christ.
    By Rockgod in forum Jenkins & Lindsey
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 13th, 2013, 04:56 PM

Tags for this Thread