Sports Animal shakeup

Posted 469 day(s) ago by SG155421 Views 909 Replies
Page 13 of 19 3 11 12 13 14 15
    SoonerBounce Guest
    LOL. So you like Curtis and spinozi but don't like Steely?

Originally Posted by the-rover View Post
    What year?.....This year, August 25 falls on Sunday.
    http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlin...lip-to-sports/
    IDK
    When news breaks I fix it.

Originally Posted by Oklahomey View Post
    Steely is not going to be on air for long because of some issues.
    Care to elaborate?
    The following users like this post: oilmud

for you all saying Spinozi is crap is laughable. he makes the morning show better. there's more comedy. The three that are on there now and Curtis when he gets back will be a great morning show.

The Franchise made a major mistake not going on the air when Eschbach and Traber went on vacation. If there was a time to start, that was the time. They have screwed themselves. Steely is not going to be on air for long because of some issues. Steely is a joke as is his uncle impersonation.

They are looking at getting Tony Casillas for afternoon hours on The Franchise which will be interesting.

The Sports Animal went down in quality in recent months but they are quickly rebounding. Traber and Eschbach are comedy gold. They berate callers because the ones who call in acting like jackasses deserve to be berated. I will listen to Al and Jim always. They are better at what they do.
    So you're a "Name that tune" fan?

Months??????
    More like years!

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    Lung Cancer.

South Central 405 / Mid-Cities (it's complicated)

for you all saying Spinozi is crap is laughable. he makes the morning show better. there's more comedy. The three that are on there now and Curtis when he gets back will be a great morning show.

The Franchise made a major mistake not going on the air when Eschbach and Traber went on vacation. If there was a time to start, that was the time. They have screwed themselves. Steely is not going to be on air for long because of some issues. Steely is a joke as is his uncle impersonation.

They are looking at getting Tony Casillas for afternoon hours on The Franchise which will be interesting.

The Sports Animal went down in quality in recent months but they are quickly rebounding. Traber and Eschbach are comedy gold. They berate callers because the ones who call in acting like jackasses deserve to be berated. I will listen to Al and Jim always. They are better at what they do.

Comedy gold.

http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlin...lip-to-sports/

Update 8/16: The Sports format of “107.7 The Franchise” KRXO will debut on Monday, August 25.

???????????

If you think that's quality comedy thengo for it.... It's best suited for the under 14 crowd.

How long does Steely have to live?

Jim and Al have been mailing it in for years. Why anyone listens to those two is a mystery to me. Neither one of them knows shit, or cares to do the homework to learn shit. **** them. I'm willing to give the new station a try it can't be any worse than what the sports animal has to offer now.

Originally Posted by Wailer View Post
    it can't be any worse than what the sports animal has to offer now.
    Sure it can.

Jim and Al have been mailing it in for years. Why anyone listens to those two is a mystery to me. Neither one of them knows shit, or cares to do the homework to learn shit. **** them. I'm willing to give the new station a try it can't be any worse than what the sports animal has to offer now.

I am pretty sure that Al mailed it in so long ago he used the pony express
    The following users like this post: Wailer

Originally Posted by The View Post
    Sure it can.
    Sadly, you're probably right.

Big League City with no Big League stations.
    The following users like this post: Mixer!

I do wonder why the SA keeps renewing Al's contract when it's blatantly obvious that he doesn't give a shit anymore about the job or doing his research

And for the record I've always been a big Al supporter

Originally Posted by Yasiel Puig View Post
    I do wonder why the SA keeps renewing Al's contract when it's blatantly obvious that he doesn't give a shit anymore about the job or doing his research

And for the record I've always been a big Al supporter

so we've all heard.

ifyouknowwhatimeanandiknowthatyoudo
    The following users like this post: BernieMadoff

I don't know why they have Al on Thunder pre game. You can tell he doesn't watch the NBA or any other sports besides OU. It is pretty embarrassing listening to him talk about the Thunder, so I don't listen.

Notsureifserious.gif

You need a shakeup when nepotism runs the station. The only reason Max Eschback has a job is because his dad is Al Eschback.

ZMediaCritic has learned Mike Steely is leaving the Sports Animal for a new radio venture with OKC Tyler Media.

Originally Posted by TenYards View Post
    You need a shakeup when nepotism runs the station. The only reason Max Eschback has a job is because his dad is Al Eschback.
    Max is a ****ing board operator, not hosting a show. Who gives a ****?

Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    Max is a ****ing board operator, not hosting a show. Who gives a ****?
    He is a ****. He thinks to be cool, he has to take a shit on sooner fans. F him and his nasal voice.

@pistolsguy is joining the sports animal now:

http://www.pistolsfiringblog.com/new...-sports-animal

idk how much that means to you all, but figured it was worth mentioning here.

I hope you are not serious about the Lung Cancer thing. Steeley is very fearful about getting old and I am sure his death. Even though he is very out of touch with the real world he seems like a cool dude. I wish him the best. I enjoy Spinozi, even though he plays the hater. I like his truthfulness. I have been listening to the morn animals these last few weeks. Curtis makes my butt hurt when I drive. I have enjoyed the morning animals, this week, with those three. Even Carey seems happier with Spinozi and Bob or whatever his name is. I get a kick out of Al and even Traber at times. I hate how Al will not answer a question and just goes to the next caller. I also really think a lot of Pat, but, he has that same thing as Traber in that, he will hang up on callers if they won't let him talk. I have even heard Big Al say, "I think the caller was trying to say" and Pat would say "whoops".
    The following users like this post: Seabass

Oh great, just when I was about to give WWLS another chance all we get is another OSU
    mouthpiece on our local air ways.
    Last edited by OU48A; August 21st, 2013 at 11:28 PM.

Pat jones is a stuttering ****, he thinks he is all world with football knowledge but he really sucks. If anyone remotely disagrees he hangs up. Dude, your lasts jobs were with the Dolphins and Raiders, need I say more. What a pompous ****.

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    Pat jones is a stuttering ****, he thinks he is all world with football knowledge but he really sucks. If anyone remotely disagrees he hangs up. Dude, your lasts jobs were with the Dolphins and Raiders, need I say more. What a pompous ****.

Not sure if serious.

Originally Posted by Bruno Gianelli View Post
    Notsureifserious.gif
    Originally Posted by Catjuggler View Post
    Not sure if serious.
    Agreed, this needs to be a smiley - stat!

FWIW, the morning show will be called "The Show": https://www.facebook.com/TheShow1077

Station FB: https://www.facebook.com/TheFranchiseSportsOK

South Central 405 / Mid-Cities (it's complicated)

Originally Posted by ousooners1baby View Post
    I hope you are not serious about the Lung Cancer thing. Steeley is very fearful about getting old and I am sure his death. Even though he is very out of touch with the real world he seems like a cool dude. I wish him the best. I enjoy Spinozi, even though he plays the hater. I like his truthfulness. I have been listening to the morn animals these last few weeks. Curtis makes my butt hurt when I drive. I have enjoyed the morning animals, this week, with those three. Even Carey seems happier with Spinozi and Bob or whatever his name is. I get a kick out of Al and even Traber at times. I hate how Al will not answer a question and just goes to the next caller. I also really think a lot of Pat, but, he has that same thing as Traber in that, he will hang up on callers if they won't let him talk. I have even heard Big Al say, "I think the caller was trying to say" and Pat would say "whoops".
    Mike celebrated his 50th birthday last weekend and he is doing fine.

So the morning show is Steely, lump, and rhode. It would be ok if lump doesn't talk.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

SoonerBounce Guest
    i'm one of the few that likes lump I guess

Lump doesn't know sports and he doesn't know comedy and he acts like he knows both. All he is really known for is burning down his house making waffles or some shit.

I made Phil mad at me on Facebook when I told him that Spinozi sucks to the extreme. He sent me a message telling me that it was uncalled for. To which I responded that having people subjected to hearing Rod's voice was uncalled for.

Originally Posted by LordOfLittlePeople View Post
    Lump doesn't know sports and he doesn't know comedy and he acts like he knows both. All he is really known for is burning down his house making waffles or some shit.
    And buying 8k russian twitter followers. I was one that followed him but once I didn't get any $$ when his count jumped from 2,200 to 8,500 in a couple of hours, I unfollowed him. I know, big deal. haha

Here's the line up for the new station:

5:30-9 Steely, Lump, Rohde
    9-11 Sam Mayes
    11-2 Kelly Gregg and Eric G(was at WWLS in the '90s for a short time and has been in ABQ the last 13 years)
    2-3 Eric G
    3-7 Tony Casillas and David Garrett

What is the consensus on Plank? Seems pretty unoffensive to me, but then I haven't listened to him in about 3 years.

Originally Posted by Sugar Tits View Post
    What is the consensus on Plank? Seems pretty unoffensive to me, but then I haven't listened to him in about 3 years.
    He's an idiot.

I like Plank. I think it's an interesting choice in David Garrett. He's so knowledgeable and does a good job, but he always has a way to **** up his job situation. He's been the PBP voice of the NO Saints and the Dallas Cowboys. He's excellent at it. Plus he's another old dude. I don't know how energetic he will be to put in the work.

I like Plank. I think it's an interesting choice in David Garrett. He's so knowledgeable and does a good job, but he always has a way to **** up his job situation. He's been the PBP voice of the NO Saints and the Dallas Cowboys. He's excellent at it. Plus he's another old dude. I don't know how energetic he will be to put in the work.
    If they were smart they would put Erik Gee on during either morning or afternoon drive.

Originally Posted by BernieMadoff View Post

9-11 Sam Mayes
    11-2 Kelly Gregg and Eric G(was at WWLS in the '90s for a short time and has been in ABQ the last 13 years)
    2-3 Eric G
    * Erik Gee

https://www.facebook.com/erik.gee.1

Originally Posted by BernieMadoff View Post

9-11 Sam Mayes
    2-3 Eric G

I can handle that, I'll avoid Sam Mayes and listening to him shift his stomach around, but other than that, I can make the switch away from the SA.
    The following users like this post: oilmud

SoonerBounce Guest
    This new station can't get here fast enough. I switched over to rosie at lunch. He spent the first 45 minutes talking about the rappers tour bus getting pulled over and arguing with callers about it. A caller finally called him out saying I thought this wasn't going to dominate your show

Will someone please give me a recap of this 'Shake-up?' Who is leaving? Who is coming ? Who is going where? I finally turned to the Urinal yesterday for the first time since basketball season ended and Jim & Al were still on the air.

Someone needs to give Runnels a shot. He seems to have the ability.
    The following users like this post: Bob Loblaw

Originally Posted by VRO405 View Post
    Will someone please give me a recap of this 'Shake-up?' Who is leaving? Who is coming ? Who is going where? I finally turned to the Urinal yesterday for the first time since basketball season ended and Jim & Al were still on the air.
    Steely and Lump left The Animal and will be on 107.7 (The Franchise) mornings beginning Monday, along with John Rohde, who left the DOK.

The rest of The Franchise line-up is (according to BernieMadoff):

9-11 Sam Mayes
    11-2 Kelly Gregg and Erik Gee (was at WWLS in the '90s for a short time and has been in ABQ the last 13 years)
    2-3 Erik Gee

Erik Gee is a former Ruf Nek who has been doing afternoon drive sports talk at a Cumulus station in Albuquerque for the past 14 years.

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Steely and Lump left The Animal and will be on 107.7 (The Franchise) mornings beginning Monday, along with John Rohde, who left the DOK.

The rest of The Franchise line-up is (according to BernieMadoff):

9-11 Sam Mayes
    11-2 Kelly Gregg and Erik Gee (was at WWLS in the '90s for a short time and has been in ABQ the last 13 years)
    2-3 Erik Gee

Erik Gee is a former Ruf Nek who has been doing afternoon drive sports talk at a Cumulus station in Albuquerque for the past 14 years.
    That line up just doesn't excite me.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Someone needs to give Runnels a shot. He seems to have the ability.
    There is only so much the public wants to hear about how badly players need to be paid and how grossly unfair the current system is to them.

Originally Posted by soonerdm View Post
    That line up just doesn't excite me.
    But what about David Garrett?