ThunderDome Political Image/Video Thread

Posted 1276 day(s) ago by usaosooner133133 Views 4382 Replies
Page 17 of 88 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67

Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    There is no double standard. Film and art are entirely different than every day speech. So all it boils down to is frustration about a screen writer having his actors say the N word.
    No they are not. Offensive is offensive. Foxx tried to essplain away his white hate routine on SNL as being okay because he's a comedian and he was doing his act. Chris Rock, Kat Williams, and others get a pass on their **** ****** routines all the time. I don't seem to remember that working out for Micheal Richards.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    There is. Conservatives are mercilessly accused of racism. Of using code words. Of wanting to put people back in chains. Yet if it's done by a lib or by someone under the guise of art, it's okay. And he's a douche.
    We had plenty of conservatives defending the crazy Arab YouTube vid...it was not produced by a lib.

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    We had plenty of conservatives defending the crazy Arab YouTube vid...it was not produced by a lib.
    Same people who get wound up and want to end the ****ing National Endowment of the Arts over a photograph.

I don't remember people sticking up for the guy. They may have stood up for his right to make it but I don't remember comservatives as a whole saying they supported him. They were upset with the way he was singled out and treated more or less at the world's insistence. Big difference. And the libs will usually support something like that until the end but it didn't go along with Obama's narrative. They don't seem to have a problem when it's a cross in a jar of urine or dung on the Virgin Mary.
    Last edited by KCRuf/Nek; December 15th, 2012 at 11:56 PM.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    No they are not. Offensive is offensive. Foxx tried to essplain away his white hate routine on SNL as being okay because he's a comedian and he was doing his act. Chris Rock, Kat Williams, and others get a pass on their **** ****** routines all the time. I don't seem to remember that working out for Micheal Richards.
    Louis CK gets a pass when he drops the n-word straight up in his routines (dude even pronounces the "er", none of that "jigga" stuff). Why do you think that is?

Originally Posted by Troker View Post
    Louis CK gets a pass when he drops the n-word straight up in his routines (dude even pronounces the "er", none of that "jigga" stuff). Why do you think that is?
    Dunno. I've never seen his act.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Makes almost as much sense as having a prayer vigil for a school.

Makes almost as much sense as having a prayer vigil for a school.
    You know to me most days religion makes no sense but I try to keep in mind that to some it makes perfect sense. But I think there are a lot of bad things people do all the time to one another and that should probably piss off (god) more than anything...

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    You know to me most days religion makes no sense but I try to keep in mind that to some it makes perfect sense. But I think there are a lot of bad things people do all the time to one another and that should probably piss off (god) more than anything...
    I believe it saddens Him, rather than pisses Him off.

Ascribing human emotion to an omnipotent being is a logical fallacy.

Originally Posted by The View Post
    Unless we're created in His image. Which is another fallacy for you, but that's cool. You roast the marshmallows, I'll sing Kum Bay Ya.

Unless we're created in His image. Which is another fallacy for you, but that's cool. You roast the marshmallows, I'll sing Kum Bay Ya.
    But then, he wouldn't be infallible.... /breaks out the acoustic guitar

Am I on marshmallow duty? And if you think creating something in His image removes infallibility, you've obviously not watched Multiplicity in awhile. Give Keaton a gander while I make s'mores.

Am I on marshmallow duty? And if you think creating something in His image removes infallibility, you've obviously not watched Multiplicity in awhile. Give Keaton a gander while I make s'mores.
    I love you guys
    The following users like this post: oucub23

I base my morality on Nicholas Cage, not Michael Keaton.

I think he is talking about if god creates something in his image, and that being is fallible, then god must also be fallible (or his image is fallible).

Keaton was not a being of perfection...

I think he is talking about if god creates something in his image, and that being is fallible, then god must also be fallible (or his image is fallible).

The following users like this post: SpankyNek

I base my morality on Nicholas Cage, not Michael Keaton.

I think he took her Face/Off.

You're being far too serious here.

You're being far too serious here.
    Sorry...I got the graham s.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Dunno. I've never seen his act.
    He gets a pass because a word, in and of itself, isn't offensive.

You should check his stuff out. He's fantastic.

Originally Posted by Troker View Post
    Carlin has a pretty famous bit along the same lines and was CK's biggest influence. I can see quite a bit of difference between those two comedians making social commentary and Michael Richards losing his shit over a heckler or Andrew Dice Clay milking the shock effect.
    The following users like this post: Troker

Originally Posted by Nuked View Post
    Carlin has a pretty famous bit along the same lines and was CK's biggest influence. I can see quite a bit of difference between those two comedians making social commentary and Michael Richards losing his shit over a heckler or Andrew Dice Clay milking the shock effect.
    Fact. I was pointing out that Irish's assertion that "offensive=offensive" was silly.

2 users like OnlyOneOklahoma's post: Aurora, pbc2003

The following users like this post: Aurora

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    great googly moogly,

87 is that you

"Low information" voters indeed.

"Low information" voters indeed.
    So it was the inner city college kids that pushed him over the top? Interesting.

The Daily News reminds me, in case you didn't know, at the same time LaPierre was giving his "blame everything including video games, Obama and hurricanes, except guns" speech, a man went on shooting spree in Pennsylvania, killing 4 and wounding several others, including 3 cops. Apparently the cops didn't have easy enough access to guns.

So it was the inner city college kids that pushed him over the top? Interesting.
    I wasn't making a post about race or anything. Just pointing out that the best educated states in the nation lean one direction, and the worst educated lean another.

I wasn't either. I was simply pointing out one possible threat to the validity of your assertion.

I didn't pay a cent for my bypass and seven days in the hospital.

SoonerBounce Guest
    I wasn't making a post about race or anything. Just pointing out that the best educated states in the nation lean one direction, and the worst educated lean another.
    and yet, people still come to the US for medical procedures? how much more are premiums or taxes in those countires? how long of a wait for surgery? How good is the care? how much is that actual american citizen paying of those costs?

On Fox News.

LET'S JUST MAKE SHIT UP

On Fox News.

LET'S JUST MAKE SHIT UP
    ? Saw this story several places.

Re: ThunderDome Political Image/Video Thread

? Saw this story several places.
    Read the bolded picture caption of the story.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Read the bolded picture caption of the story.

Are the WB's right or wrong OOO? If they are wrong they must be left, right?

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    Are the WB's right or wrong OOO? If they are wrong they must be left, right?
    This is the Fox News and many Conservatives thinking. Westboro is bad, liberals are bad, therefore Westboro is liberal.

Too bad that it has no bearing in actual realty and just makes the people who think that way and read that shit look like idiots.

This is as close to a No True Scotsman fallacy one can get without involving haggis and bagpipes.

This is the Fox News and Conservative thinking. Westboro is bad, liberals are bad, therefore Westboro is liberal.

Too bad that it has no bearing in actual realty and just makes the people who think that way and read that shit look like idiots.
    Dude I was being funny but continue being serious if you must.

Btw, what does selling homes and WB have in common?

This is the Fox News and many Conservatives thinking. Westboro is bad, liberals are bad, therefore Westboro is liberal.

This is as close to a No True Scotsman fallacy one can get without involving haggis and bagpipes.
    It's kinda funny actually. He's a Demo. He's run for office as a Demo. He was a Gore supporter. It's amusing that you're this tangled up about this when you're one of the first to leap on the GOP is racist or hates women.

It's kinda funny actually. He's a Demo. He's run for office as a Demo. He was a Gore supporter. It's amusing that you're this tangled up about this when you're one of the first to leap on the GOP is racist or hates women.

I forgot where democrats diametrically hate gay people, soldiers, and Jews.

Most likely he is non-partisan, his movement contains the fringes of both sides. However Fox just calls everything bad left-wing instead of doing real thinking/reporting.

Also, that biker group is non-partisan, and was founded in response to WBC, but because they are "good" Fox calls them conservative.

He's a Democrat. He's run for governor multiple times as a Demo. He's run for US Senate as a Demo. Sorry, this nut is yours. It's somewhat telling though that we didn't know that--I guarantee you that were he a Pub we'd all have been told over and over. The omission of his Dem-ness is the bias cons complain about--when his Pub-ness would have been common knowledge.

Last edited by oucub23; December 31st, 2012 at 02:09 PM.

I'm officially inventing the term DINO. He may claim to be a democrat, but nothing he does is liberal or progressive. He comes from the far right with his message of social purity.

The least you could do is admit that WBC does not have a left wing message.

Time for some crazy:

OOO- Fred Phelps is a REGISTERED DEMOCRAT. I am sorry you do not like this but it is a fact.

Re: ThunderDome Political Image/Video Thread

Originally Posted by Irish_Sooner View Post
    OOO- Fred Phelps is a REGISTERED DEMOCRAT. I am sorry you do not like this but it is a fact.

Dino and Lino then. It is also a fact that I am a REGISTERED REPUBLICAN. So if that is your point then why is gay rights not in my party's platform?

That religious zealot has no place in this party. Maybe in the per republican southern strategy dem party. Not today's party.

Still a right wing kook that Fox paints as left wing.

The following users like this post: Dexa

Not sure what your point is there. I've been with these groups that go to keep those mouth breathers from disrupting funerals.