***official I'm so ****ing glad I didn't go to the game thread***

Posted 376 day(s) ago 1160 Views 26 Replies

***official I'm so ****ing glad I didn't go to the game thread***

Just sayin....
    4 users like bJ0's post: Boomasoona, Keef, R3D Mamba, Teo9969

very glad I didn't go and I damn near just up and left yesterday to go down there and find some tickets

**** that shit

In.

Saved a few hundred $

oh shiit ..... My brother and I almost booked a flight. I would have absolutely lost my sh,i.t , what an embarrassment to OU this paper tiger program is right now. You brainwashed masses canstill believe and call me a heretic.... but these idiots we are paying millions and millions per yer to coach our teams..... every couple of weeks look like they literally no idea what they are doing.

We went. It stunk. Consider yourselves lucky

I was there. We looked beat from UT's first series.

Stayed to the bitter end.

Will say the Cotton Bowl has never been better. New bathrooms. New concourses.

Too bad we didn't show up. This was my 17th straight. I think we're about even over that timeframe. I think it's 9-8.

I went and was sitting in the Texas section this year which was pretty shitty. They were just as surprised by this game as we were. It was also one of the hotter OU-Texas games I've been to.

The corny dogs were delicious as always though.
    The following users like this post: Chk

I was there. But I've only missed one OU-Texas game (2006) since I was a freshman at OU (1993).

Just walked into the house after a brutal 7hr drive. Yea, the game ****ing sucked, but I'm still glad I went. Mother of God.....it was hotter than satans butthole.

Im glad I went. It makes the wins that much better

I didn't even watch it. I saw the 36-13 score, called my mom and asked her if it was bad. She confirmed. Went about my way.

I took the kids to Fiesta Texas.

Great day.

One RRR weekend that i'm glad I was scheduled to work.

I went fearing it would rain.
    Before halftime I was wishing it would rain just to cool it down a little.

The best thing about this game is Texas had low expectations so they didn't buy many seats in the OU section.
    This is the 1st loss that I haven't had a Whorn fan sitting near me talking crap all game.

I went. But don't you boys worry, us men will continue to go, with Heupel as OC or without, and we'll eventually bring back a victory. Plus, where else are you gonna see about 10,000 hotties wearing short skirts and boots?

2 users like mexican/ninja's post: Slappyslapopolus, soonerdm

Mauds, plz change thread title to ***OFFICIAL I'M A **** THREAD***

TIA.
    2 users like mgsooner's post: mexican/ninja, oorah_okie

Could have at least drowned your sorrows in corn dogs and paper cup beer.

Win or lose I'm always glad to cheer on my team. We went to ACL fest this weekend because of schedule conflicts but we always love thw experience in Dallas. We have been there for big wins and for losses. I'm nervous about the Baylor game but the dictator wants to go and win or lose we will go and be happy we did. Boomer Sooner

The Dark Side

Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    Could have at least drowned your sorrows in corn dogs and paper cup beer.
    These are the things I missed.

Living life in reverse is dumb. I have no regrets about going. Where are the threads after a victory for "I am so ****ing mad I didn't go to the game"?

I went and enjoyed it. Sucks that we lost. But that's sports. Your team loses sometimes.

I was on the 50 so I was surrounded by Texas fans. They were shocked just as we were. The stuff they say about Case McCoy is way worse than anything I've ever seen on this board.

Text from my mom after the game: Can I slap a fat texas fan in a wheelchair who is screaming curse words at me?

My text to her: Yes! Easier to not get caught after.
    2 users like Nostalgic Scientist's post: Chk, Lehmanfan

Originally Posted by jakel View Post
    oh shiit ..... My brother and I almost booked a flight. I would have absolutely lost my sh,i.t , what an embarrassment to OU this paper tiger program is right now. You brainwashed masses canstill believe and call me a heretic.... but these idiots we are paying millions and millions per yer to coach our teams..... every couple of weeks look like they literally no idea what they are doing.
    Our millionaire coaches are coaching against other millionaire coaches that have the same goal. Shit happens

Yeah, well I did go. Spent a ton on a ticket because you couldn't pay me to sit on the UT side. Had to wake up by 6 AM with a hangover, to catch the train and be there before kickoff. Spent another small fortune on tickets so I could try to kill my hangover with more beer and nasty fried foods. Sweated the few beers I did drink out by halftime, because there was zero breeze where I was sitting, which felt like a ****ing sauna. Watched my team get handled, then went back out for more nasty fried food, and even got sympathy beers bought for me by UT fans who seemed only slightly more excited that their team had won than I was.

It's funny how all of that turns into good memories when we win.

The UT fans I encountered this year actually seemed genuinely nice. Not that conceding BS. Maybe these past years have been humbling for them but I'm sure next year they'll be themselves again.

I had to choose between going to the Eagles or going to the game. I made the right choice.

FWIW, I talked to a Longhorn friend this morning and he's pissed they won because he figures they'll keep Mack after all. It's just bonus when they win and don't fully enjoy it.

I'm glad I didn't go because I hate seeing my team lose. That being said IF I did go this year, I wouldn't have regretted it one bit. Its as much about the experience as it is the result. Why else in the world would a Poke fan go to a game in the last century if this weren't true?