Will We Win Another Championship Before Armageddon?

Posted 159 day(s) ago 728 Views 29 Replies
Results 1 to 30 of 30
  1. #1
    OUrage's Avatar
    Posts
    7,505
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    FLORIDA

    Will We Win Another Championship Before Armageddon?

    Trying to plan my future.

  2. #2
    To be clear, Armageddon would be Baylor winning the Big 12 right ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    We're 1 good HC away from winning a title. Unfortunately, stoops will probably still be coaching at OU when Armageddon comes, so HELL NO.

  4. #4
    We are due a NC in 2-3 years.

  5. #5
    I doubt it. I've been in constant denial over this conference over the last two years. I constantly try to convince myself it won't hurt us. There will have to be a lot of changes in college football for OU to be an attractive destination again. It's not ou that's not attractive, it's playing TCU, Iowa State, and Kansas every week. I hope I'm wrong though.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by MrQster View Post
    We are due a NC in 2-3 years.
    Said ND fans 25 years ago. Just because you are "due" one doesn't mean they are coming.
    The following users like this post: biglynn


  7. #7
    OUrage's Avatar
    Posts
    7,505
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    FLORIDA

    Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    We're 1 good HC away from winning a title. Unfortunately, stoops will probably still be coaching at OU when Armageddon comes, so HELL NO.
    Are there any good coaches in the Taliban?

  8. #8
    If so, we better do it quick....
    Last edited by soonerghost; November 9th, 2013 at 07:04 PM.

  9. #9
    We can't even win the BIG XII anymore and people are talking about NC's?
    3 users like mightysooner's post: ab5sr, ChpThril, fdubzou


  10. #10
    soonirvana's Avatar
    Posts
    617
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    NYC

    We are a team on the rise.

  11. #11
    TheLadiesMike's Avatar
    Posts
    3,943
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Sooner Nation

    Originally Posted by OUdrewDU View Post
    I doubt it. I've been in constant denial over this conference over the last two years. I constantly try to convince myself it won't hurt us. There will have to be a lot of changes in college football for OU to be an attractive destination again. It's not ou that's not attractive, it's playing TCU, Iowa State, and Kansas every week. I hope I'm wrong though.
    Bama just played a stretch of Colorado State, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Georgia State. Only one of those has a winning record.

  12. #12
    nlight1's Avatar
    Posts
    2,626
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Oklahoma & nowhere else

    Originally Posted by MrQster View Post
    We are due a NC in 2-3 years.
    I can only hope that comes true.

  13. #13
    SoonerSapper's Avatar
    Posts
    3,135
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Fort Irwin CA

    Originally Posted by soonirvana View Post
    We are a team on the rise.
    This, and we're a young team.

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by soonirvana View Post
    We are a team on the rise.
    Hahaha what the ****?

  15. #15
    gargoyle's Avatar
    Posts
    156
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Norman, OK

    Originally Posted by MrQster View Post
    We are due a NC in 2-3 years.
    Why just because we're Oklahoma?? Look what that's done for Nebraska, Notre Dame, etc. We are not entitled to a NC b/c of our name, ridiculous to even think this way

  16. #16
    CNCSOONER's Avatar
    Posts
    288
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    On a plane

    Four years after Stoops and company are gone.

  17. #17
    I don't want to close my eyes. I don't want to fall asleep.
    The following users like this post: soonerschooner


  18. #18
    OUrage's Avatar
    Posts
    7,505
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    FLORIDA

    Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    I don't want to close my eyes. I don't want to fall asleep.
    That's hilarious. Haha

  19. #19
    Whiskey&Pills's Avatar
    Posts
    217
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    ValleyoftheSun

    We're due !!

    We're due. If history is any indication......yesterday !! We gotta figure this mess out. FAST !!

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by MrQster View Post
    We are due a NC in 2-3 years.

    Is that you Bob? Don't worry about coaching and recruiting because we are due a title in a couple years. I feel like if you aren't on OU's coaching staff you should be you'd fit right in.

  21. #21
    Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Is that you Bob? Don't worry about coaching and recruiting because we are due a title in a couple years. I feel like if you aren't on OU's coaching staff you should be you'd fit right in.
    I wish I was Bob and made that type of money.

    I just think he will turn it around, and we have a chance in a couple of years.

  22. #22
    Originally Posted by soonirvana View Post
    We are a team on the rise.
    Looks a heckuva a lot more like a glide path than a flight plan to me.

    Bummer
    The following users like this post: Fahooglegods


  23. #23
    MyT Oklahoma's Avatar
    Posts
    311
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Cimarron, KS

    Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
    To be clear, Armageddon would be Baylor winning the Big 12 right ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, I think you meant KSU. OMG, hell has already frozen over a couple of times now.

  24. #24
    Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    Why just because we're Oklahoma?? Look what that's done for Nebraska, Notre Dame, etc. We are not entitled to a NC b/c of our name, ridiculous to even think this way
    Same goes for Michigan. Ohio State and USC are overdue now as well.

  25. #25
    His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III
    SoCaliSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    6,088
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    SoCal

    I think Texas gets there before us...

  26. #26
    Rowdyroady's Avatar
    Posts
    1,780
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Austin, TX

    for you married guys...will your wife submit to anal and blow-jobs like pre-marriage....there is your answer.

  27. #27
    This week has been shit for OU football. The teams we beat in what are thought of as our "big" wins don't look good at all. Tech got absolutely hammered by K state (team that lost to an fcs school) and notre dame is in a dog fight with Pitt. If Pitt holds on, OU will not have a win against a team that will be ranked next week.

  28. #28
    NortheastOK_Sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    794
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Oklahoma

    Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
    To be clear, Armageddon would be Baylor winning the Big 12 right ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, I thought it was when OSU won it, but we all got through that didn't we?

  29. #29
    ab5sr's Avatar
    Posts
    3,886
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Euless, TX

    Funny question. Reminds me...Stoops was asked at some point last year whether we could compete with Alabama and other SEC team, and he said 'I think so, yes.'. He's a lot dumber than I originally thought. To answer OP: I wouldn't put money on it.

  30. #30
    Originally Posted by NortheastOK_Sooner View Post
    Well, I thought it was when OSU won it, but we all got through that didn't we?
    Shit happens.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. 2013 PGA Championship
    By Stinger_1066 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: August 11th, 2013, 06:36 PM
  2. Wall Street Setting Up Financial Armageddon
    By Omega in forum ThunderDome
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 20th, 2013, 01:57 PM
  3. The PGA Championship
    By Stinger_1066 in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: August 14th, 2012, 09:46 AM

Tags for this Thread