It's official: Bedlam will be a day game

Posted 400 day(s) ago 4305 Views 97 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

It's official: Bedlam will be a day game

Oklahoma Football ‏@OU_Football 4m Bedlam game at Stillwater on Dec. 7 will kick at EITHER 11 am OR 2:30 pm with either ABC or FOX broadcasting the contest. #Sooners

So 11 if we lose again or OSU loses to Baylor, 2:30 if both teams win?
    The following users like this post: BoomerDT

Thats good I think
    2 users like usaosooner's post: BigRedRig, BMR

When was the last time someone tore down the goal posts against us after a day game?

Could be a good thing!

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Oklahoma Football ‏@OU_Football 4m OU vs OSU game at Stillwater on Dec. 7 will kick at EITHER 11 am OR 2:30 pm with either ABC or FOX broadcasting the contest. #Sooners
    FIFY
    2 users like Vodnik's post: ChpThril, StiffArmTrophy

Good. The company Christmas party is that night and I would have had to make a very brief appearance otherwise. This way I can either be sloshed and pissed, or sloshed and elated at the party.
    4 users like MoJoOkie's post: CrimsonOberon, SoonerBeerSnob, soonerUthenMe, Stein7495

If WV did it, we can too. That being said, the less rapings we take during prime time the better.
    The following users like this post: Nuked

Excellent.

Originally Posted by Cabbage_town_kid View Post
    If WV did it, we can too. That being said, the less rapings we take during prime time the better.
    a) Their loss to WVa was on the road. They will be home for Bedlam.
    b) They have changed QBs since then and have gotten better. We have regressed.
    The following users like this post: SoonerBeerSnob

Home field advantage doesn't mean shit for the Pokes in Bedlam. They've actually beaten OU in Norman more times than they've beaten OU in Stillwater. Additionally, this will be the third time in four years Bedlam will be in Stillwater so I'm pretty sure our players won't be intimidated by the atmosphere.
    The following users like this post: BigRedRig

Just as long as its not on FS1. I'm up in Ohio and the cable doesn't carry it in the Toledo area.

This time of year 11:00 AM is alwaysthe best kickoff time and even more so when it's on the road

Looks like it'll be between us and OSU & Texas vs. Baylor. Most likely they're waiting on to see how the Baylor vs. OSU game goes.

Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    This time of year 11:00 AM is alwaysthe best kickoff time and even more so when it's on the road
    I love night games just as much as anyone else, but I really enjoyed getting to Norman early last week and being able to get back to Tulsa at a decent time. There is good and bad to both time slots.
    The following users like this post: Lyonheart

Originally Posted by NortheastOK_Sooner View Post
    I love night games just as much as anyone else, but I really enjoyed getting to Norman early last week and being able to get back to Tulsa at a decent time. There is good and bad to both time slots.
    This time of year driving home in winter weather becomes more likely.
    I can remember driving in near blizzard conditions on the high plains late in the year trying to get home from a 2:30 kickoff.

The "Ice Bowl" was a night game. Everybody was slipping all over the field, but I watched it from the warm comfort of home.

2 users like MoJoOkie's post: BigRedRig, soonerschooner

Last edited by MoJoOkie; November 18th, 2013 at 02:13 PM.

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    Home field advantage doesn't mean shit for the Pokes in Bedlam. They've actually beaten OU in Norman more times than they've beaten OU in Stillwater. Additionally, this will be the third time in four years Bedlam will be in Stillwater so I'm pretty sure our players won't be intimidated by the atmosphere.
    I wasn't referring to their Bedlam history. I was referring to the difference between them losing to WVa (away) vs playing us at home.

except the last time they were up there they got the living shit beaten out of them and last year pull it out in overtime. yeah our guys will be totally confident rolling up there.

The gray place between expectations and reality.

What happened in Bedlam games in between 1900 and about 2010 or so are about as relevant to the outcome of this game as my decision on which shirt to wear on a daily basis.
    The following users like this post: Mosh For Jesus

Originally Posted by oSuJeff97 View Post
    What happened in Bedlam games in between 1900 and about 2010 or so are about as relevant to the outcome of this game as my decision on which shirt to wear on a daily basis.
    This post is stupid.

We know your shirt is going to be orange.
    4 users like drumhead23us's post: bamasooner1, Breadburner, Stein7495, Stinger_1066

What happened in OU vs OSU games in between 1900 and about 2010 or so are about as relevant to the outcome of this game as my decision on which shirt to wear on a daily basis.
    FIFY
    The following users like this post: ChpThril

It's totally relevant from the stand point of why there are about 3 or 4 times as many OU fans and why OU has a much bigger stadium and a bigger base of donors.
    This gives OU the ability to pass anything OSU has in the way of facility’s...thus helping OU's recruiting and winning.
    The following users like this post: bamasooner1

Last edited by OU48A; November 18th, 2013 at 02:52 PM.

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    a) Their loss to WVa was on the road. They will be home for Bedlam.
    b) They have changed QBs since then and have gotten better. We have regressed.
    So what's the good news?

Originally Posted by Wailer View Post
    except the last time they were up there they got the living shit beaten out of them and last year pull it out in overtime. yeah our guys will be totally confident rolling up there.
    Landry's fault. It's always Landry's fault. And ten years from now, it will still always be Landry's fault.

Originally Posted by 3xt View Post
    Just as long as its not on FS1. I'm up in Ohio and the cable doesn't carry it in the Toledo area.
    What cable do you have?

Originally Posted by MoJoOkie View Post
    Good. The company Christmas party is that night and I would have had to make a very brief appearance otherwise. This way I can either be sloshed and pissed, or sloshed and elated at the party.
    I'm sure the your co-workers at the bowling ally won't mind either way.

Hopefully it's an eleven kick off. It would be nice to enjoy the rest of the days games.

Originally Posted by MoJoOkie View Post
    haha this is great, i'm in the same boat.

Originally Posted by Ibi unus Oklahomae View Post
    When was the last time someone tore down the goal posts against us after a day game?

Could be a good thing!
    If I remember correctly the last time somebody tore down the goal posts during the day was Bedlam 2002.

Glad to see its a day game. Either time works but I would prefer 11.

Originally Posted by OUEverest View Post
    I'm sure the your co-workers at the bowling ally won't mind either way.

Hopefully it's an eleven kick off. It would be nice to enjoy the rest of the days games.
    You should see me bowl when I'm sloshed. It's a thing of beauty.
    The following users like this post: OUEverest

Why do we call this game "Bedlam"? Sooner fans should not participate in this nonsense. This is nothing but a bad marketing ploy intended to make this ass whoopin' sound important. A series should be required to be competitive on a regular basis before being given a name. Bedlam is the name of the rasslin' series.
    3 users like ShreveportSooner's post: ChpThril, RGVSooner, Vodnik

Originally Posted by ShreveportSooner View Post
    Why do we call this game "Bedlam"? Sooner fans should not participate in this nonsense. This is nothing but a bad marketing ploy intended to make this ass whoopin' sound important. A series should be required to be competitive on a regular basis before being given a name. Bedlam is the name of the rasslin' series.
    Since the official OU Football twitter account used the term, you should probably dispatch a strongly-worded letter to the athletic department.
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie

Originally Posted by zcaa0g View Post
    So what's the good news?
    I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night?

Landry's fault. It's always Landry's fault. And ten years from now, it will still always be Landry's fault.
    Yes, it was Laundry's fault, that he had a record setting day he was only 46/71 500 yards, 3 TDs, 1 Int. I blame him for that day, it was his fault.

Originally Posted by BigRedRig View Post
    Yes, it was Laundry's fault, that he had a record setting day he was only 46/71 500 yards, 3 TDs, 1 Int. I blame him for that day, it was his fault.
    Exactly! And it's his fault for the QB problems this year, because if he would have left after his junior year, we could of already known about having bad QB play last year instead of this year! You see, everything IS his fault!

2011? yes LJ set the tone.

11 AM kickoffs ****ing suck.

Okie Lite is hoping for a 11:00 kickoff. It'll give them the rest of the day to molest the sheep.
    The following users like this post: Hotrod33

Originally Posted by Wailer View Post
    Derp.

A 11am kick would be perfect.

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Since the official OU Football twitter account used the term, you should probably dispatch a strongly-worded letter to the athletic department.
    I don't care who uses it. It's still for rasslin'. Series that are this lopsided (is there another one that even comes close?) do not REALLY have names.

Originally Posted by ShreveportSooner View Post
    I don't care who uses it. It's still for rasslin'. Series that are this lopsided (is there another one that even comes close?) do not REALLY have names.
    Is this really the thing to focus on right now? There's an entire offseason for this.

Now, if we could get back to discussing the kickoff time for a game still 3 weeks away.

The gray place between expectations and reality.

Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    It's totally relevant from the stand point of why there are about 3 or 4 times as many OU fans and why OU has a much bigger stadium and a bigger base of donors.
    This gives OU the ability to pass anything OSU has in the way of facility’s...thus helping OU's recruiting and winning.
    Ok. So we're in agreement that past results have **** all to do with this game. Thanks.

Ok. So we're in agreement that past results have **** all to do with this game. Thanks.
    Not so much for this year, but going forward, over many decades, the past gives OU a huge advantage in resources and thus its ability to continue its dominance over OSU....
    All that needed is steady improvement in OU facility’s and good OU coaching.

Past results do matter when its so one sided in OU's favor.

It always amuses me how OSU fans like to try and pretend that nothing that has happened in the past in FOOTBALL between these two teams matters, but then try to turn around and talk about how they have won more National Titles than OU. Can't have it both ways Pokes.

God dammit.... Quit referring to this shit as Bedlam and acknowledging those shit stains as a rival.

It's OU vs OSU

EDIT: Meh nvm... ShreveportSooner covered it

I like our chances playing a day game; for some reason over the last 5 years almost all of our colossal turd games have been at night.

Bedlam.
    The following users like this post: Mosh For Jesus

If Heupel brings back his 2011 playbook (something like 16 passes and 1 run in the first half) it's going to be a massace.