Best BBQ you've ever had?

Posted 1451 day(s) ago by OUdrewDU50227 Views 403 Replies
Page 9 of 9 7 8 9
    Bob's Pig Shop in Paul's Valley. Owned by the Father of a great friend, but that doesn't influence my comment. I haven't been there in 5 years or so, I hope Phil is still running it, but I have driven from Dallas for their BBQ on multiple occasions.

Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
    Are there any remnants left , of Bob's BBQ in Ada ?

About 50 years ago, my Dad loved that place and we would make a 30 minute drive pretty regularly for their ribs. I quit goin in the 70's.

Plate would 4 to 6 ribs, with beans on one end, slaw on the other , then all that covered with french fries.

I'd heard , maybe 20 years ago, that possibly some members of Bobs family had revived the place, IIRC.

Or how bout Bens BBQ in Wewoka ? They had a thick dark sweet smoky sauce.
    It was definitely open last time I was in Ada about 25 years ago. I know that's not a lot of help. But it was still damn good at that time whoever was running it.

Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
    It was definitely open last time I was in Ada about 25 years ago. I know that's not a lot of help. But it was still damn good at that time whoever was running it.
    Bob's is dead; been dead for about ten years it seems. I think the old location is about to be a mexican restaurant. Oh boy. Too bad, in the glory days Bob's was good as anywhere. RIP
    The following users like this post: PokeJ

Steve's Ribs in Edmond is pretty good...