Best BBQ you've ever had?

Posted 1333 day(s) ago by OUdrewDU36243 Views 365 Replies
Page 8 of 8 6 7 8
    Ok, been to Stanley's in Tyler, TX twice now. This last time I had the Mother Clucker, a sandwich with smoked chicken thighs with bacon, cheddar, guac and a fried egg on a jalapeno cheese sourdough bun.

It might be the best sandwich on the face of the earth.

2 users like the-rover's post: Greek Sooner, hOUrricane

I may have to try to replicate that Mother Clucker at home. Sounds tasty!

Saw Famous Dave's mentioned somewhere earlier.

Giving the Orange County location a try today.

Originally Posted by JBret View Post
    Saw Famous Dave's mentioned somewhere earlier.

Giving the Orange County location a try today.
    I actually ate at Famous Dave's in El Paso a couple of weeks ago.

I also just now saw the comments about the gas station burritos. I guess those are a uniquely Oklahoma thing because I haven't seen them anywhere else I've lived in the last 22 years. Back in the 80s one of my friends' mom worked at a convenience store that sold them, and every Friday night she would bag up all of those that hadn't sold and give them to us. We'd eat a few, but most got thrown at passing cars. Good times.
    2 users like Mississippi Sooner's post: mgsooner, ThievingMagpie

Originally Posted by Mississippi Sooner View Post
    I actually ate at Famous Dave's in El Paso a couple of weeks ago.

I also just now saw the comments about the gas station burritos. I guess those are a uniquely Oklahoma thing because I haven't seen them anywhere else I've lived in the last 22 years. Back in the 80s one of my friends' mom worked at a convenience store that sold them, and every Friday night she would bag up all of those that hadn't sold and give them to us. We'd eat a few, but most got thrown at passing cars. Good times.
    Boy, if I had a dollar for every gas station burrito I've thrown at a passing car over the years...
    2 users like mgsooner's post: Mississippi Sooner, Petro-Sooner

OKC food truck in Houston with Operation BBQ Relief

theflyingpigbbqA whole lotta pork loin, chicken and pit cleaning. It all makes it happen @opbbqrelief @CallAFoodTruck #BestBBQOKC #BestFoodTruckOKC #EatMorePork #BBQNation

The following users like this post: McRib

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Boy, if I had a dollar for every gas station burrito I've thrown at a passing car over the years...
    2 users like JBret's post: Clark W. Griswold, mgsooner

Originally Posted by the-rover View Post
    Ok, been to Stanley's in Tyler, TX twice now. This last time I had the Mother Clucker, a sandwich with smoked chicken thighs with bacon, cheddar, guac and a fried egg on a jalapeno cheese sourdough bun.

It might be the best sandwich on the face of the earth.

JalapeƱo cheese bread makes any sandwich better.
    The following users like this post: Clark W. Griswold

The Camelback in Duncan is outstanding. Get the brisket early or it gets a bit dry but that's only if it has a chance to get to the warming trays.

Going to be in Ft Worth tomorrow.
    According to Yelp, Heim Barbecue is the shizznit.

Anyone been?

Heim is good. They have bacon burnt ends that everyone rave about. Let us know what you think.

No pics, but Saturday I smoked the best ribs i've ever done. St. Louis racks, dry-brined the night before, memphis-style rub, 6 hours @ 225. I'm officially done with the 3-2-1 business
    2 users like Morningwood's post: 1stTimeCaller, ThievingMagpie

Originally Posted by Morningwood View Post
    No pics, but Saturday I smoked the best ribs i've ever done. St. Louis racks, dry-brined the night before, memphis-style rub, 6 hours @ 225. I'm officially done with the 3-2-1 business
    Wrapping, spritzing, etc. is way overrated. Leave that smoker door closed for the first four hours and let them things cook. After that start checking for doneness. If anything hit them with a glaze before serving if that's your style. Everyone wants to cook "competition style" and it's way too busy.
    The following users like this post: Morningwood

I know BBQ is crazy subjective, but the best sandwich I have had is the Q Ban from Backdoor, dipped in their Expresso BBQ sauce. It is amazing.

I've been smokin some badass baby backs, juicy tender , full of flavor. They've been so good, I may never go back to spare ribs.

Originally Posted by JBret View Post
    Going to be in Ft Worth tomorrow.
    According to Yelp, Heim Barbecue is the shizznit.

Anyone been?

I can vouch for the pulled pork and sliced brisket... tremendously done.

The sides were less than stellar but still well worth a visit if you're in the hood.