Severe Weather Vol 2-Featuring SATP

Posted 1026 day(s) ago by KCRuf/Nek713378 Views 12860 Replies
Page 7 of 258 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107

KFOR TV CH 4 OKC at noon indicates:
    Severe weather western OK Wednesday. A few tornadoes are possible mostly in NW OK

Saturday: Severe weather is likely.... It's a classic set up....
    Expect the outlook to be upgraded to moderate risk, with the possibility of a High Risk outlook being issued.

KWTV CH 9 OKC at noon indicates:
    Severe WX on Wednesday... tornado zone is western ¼ of state and the western parts of north central OK
    The OKC area might have 2 round of storms with one round late in the evening and then another over night.

“Big weather day on Saturday”

Ugh

Crap.

Damnit. Gonna be in Tulsa on Saturday away from the kiddos. They'll be at the grandparents who have a shelter but don't like being away.

Took two months to work schedules and set up a day to get together with a good friend I haven't seen in 7 years. Of course that day has to be Sunday.

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossom View Post
    Took two months to work schedules and set up a day to get together with a good friend I haven't seen in 7 years. Of course that day has to be Sunday.
    Come down today. I'll make time for you.

Originally Posted by soonerdm View Post
    Come down today. I'll make time for you.
    Awesome, I could use a babysitter.

And......here we go!

Perfect......hail, wind, and tornadoes on the very weekend that I'm helping my parents move.
    Originally Posted by SoonerAmongThePack View Post
    Glancing at the morning models, Saturday's risk may be more enhanced in Western Oklahoma, and Sunday closer to the metro. Expect the dryline to move out into Western Oklahoma during the afternoon Saturday, retreat, and then move back into the state on Sunday.

So OKC/Central OK really both days, depending on where the dryline sets up. Higher risk for Tulsa on Sunday.

Does the no tell motel give refunds?

Originally Posted by SoonerBeerSnob View Post
    Does the no tell motel give refunds?
    Another volunteer? Y'all are going to love my kids. The middle one has a devilish streak, but as long as you're insured you should be okay.

Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    Severe weather western OK Wednesday. A few tornadoes are possible mostly in NW OK

Expect the outlook to be upgraded to moderate risk, with the possibility of a High Risk outlook being issued.

Severe WX on Wednesday... tornado zone is western ¼ of state and the western parts of north central OK
    The OKC area might have 2 round of storms with one round late in the evening and then another over night.

Great. My youngest has a soccer tournament Friday-Sunday.

Another volunteer? Y'all are going to love my kids. The middle one has a devilish streak, but as long as you're insured you should be okay.
    I can only watch the oldest one. Then she can watch my kid. Then you pay me for babysitting. Win win.
    The following users like this post: OrangeBlossom

I'll just take your kids to the bar to help me pick up bar skanks.
    2 users like bushmaster06's post: OrangeBlossom, SoonerBeerSnob

my son's prom...
    i'm sure there are many across the state that day.....

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    my son's prom...
    i'm sure there are many across the state that day.....
    Wasn't it prom night when the tornado hit Woodward a couple years ago?

Lots of complaints about plans being interrupted by the weather. This is how I have minimized my interruptions.

During about a 6 week period of late April until the end of May I have started scheduling any appointment or any planed event that I have any control over before 2 pm.....

This time of year and time of day is (2 pm to about 8 pm) the historic peak of severe weather season...
    When your making plans months and weeks in advance just know there is about a 20% chance that anything scheduled in the mid to late afternoon into the evening could be interrupted by severe weather.
    This advanced planing lets me watch the weather closer giving me a better opportunity to help keep my friends and family safe.
    5 users like OU48A's post: bushmaster06, COLLISON ANGRY, IndySooner, Julz, OUMallen

From MY favorite source. The NWS Storm Prediction Center.

"A depicted severe weather area indicates a 30% or higher probability for severe thunderstorms within 25 miles of a point."

Morning models, particularly the European, seems to suggest Saturday has the most potential for OKC. Seeing the models surge the dryline through the state as the energy ejects out into the plains on Sunday, which lessens the supercell risk.

Saturday is looking more like the tornado/hail day, and maybe a squall line on Sunday as the forcing is stronger/more linear.

Morning European. No bueno. Classic "negative tilt" trough axis, hallmark of major severe weather events in the Plains.

We're playing baseball in Ft. Smith this weekend. Looks to be a slight risk there so far. It's a strong tournament and we're kind of an average squad. I was hoping for rain so we could come home early. But then I'm a selfish ****.

I have family in a soccer tourney in the city this weekend also

Wasn't it prom night when the tornado hit Woodward a couple years ago?
    I think you might be right. two years is too far back to recall. The Hoisington Ks tornado a few years back was on prom night.

Channel 4 just said we'll see wind gusts to 70mph tonight between 5PM-Midnight.

That's going to break a lot of limbs - and worse.

Here's what the weather nerd I follow on twitter says. There is a map, but I'm too lazy to not hotlink it.

Weather Update: Slight risk of severe storms between 3 and 9 pm firing along the DRYLINE in western Oklahoma. There is the possibility of a TORNADO warned storm around sunset. Storms from the DRYLINE may or may not make it into central Oklahoma. Large hail is primary threat today. There will be a watch issued around 3-4 pm giving a better idea of who is at risk. Later tonight a COLD front moves in with squall line of storms ahead of it small hail is the primary threat with those storms with a almost zero TORNADO threat. This is not a high impact day. I will update with the area I feel storms are going to develop around 2pm. Possible HIGH end SEVERE weather event Saturday and Sunday for a large part of the state no need to try to be specific this far out as things will not evolve until Friday at the earliest. Real time surface and upper air data is needed for a good localized forecast otherwise it's just a craps shoot. Know your geography and look at the map with county outlines before asking questions please WATCHING ~ Mike
    Weather Update: Slight risk of severe storms between 3 and 9 pm firing along the DRYLINE in western Oklahoma. There is the possibility of a TORNADO warned storm around sunset. Storms from the DRYLINE may or may not make it into central Oklahoma. Large hail is primary threat today. There will be a watch issued around 3-4 pm giving a better idea of who is at risk. Later tonight a COLD front moves in with squall line of storms ahead of it small hail is the primary threat with those storms with a almost zero TORNADO threat. This is not a high impact day. I will update with the area I feel storms are going to develop around 2pm. Possible HIGH end SEVERE weather event Saturday and Sunday for a large part of the state no need to try to be specific this far out as things will not evolve until Friday at the earliest. Real time surface and upper air data is needed for a good localized forecast otherwise it's just a craps shoot. Know your geography and look at the map with county outlines before asking questions please WATCHING ~ Mike

Originally Posted by Wailer View Post
    Here's what the weather nerd I follow on twitter says. There is a map, but I'm too lazy to not hotlink it.

Woa. It's so scary he posted it twice!!
    2 users like lauderdaleOU's post: Bob Loblaw, IndySooner

Originally Posted by SoonerSean03 View Post
    Channel 4 just said we'll see wind gusts to 70mph tonight between 5PM-Midnight.
    That's just the hot air from Mike Morgan talking.
    4 users like Bob Loblaw's post: burnsyo, McRib, thefranchise17, Wailer

Originally Posted by lauderdaleOU View Post
    Woa. It's so scary he posted it twice!!
    That may have been my error.

That may have been my error.
    7 users like Wailer's post: Bob Loblaw, IndySooner, Julz, lauderdaleOU, McRib, OrangeBlossom, OUMallen

Originally Posted by snrsnflwr View Post
    I think you might be right. two years is too far back to recall. The Hoisington Ks tornado a few years back was on prom night.
    Had a fraternity brother from Great Bend that dated a gal from Hoisington. Haven't heard or seen "Hoisington" in years.

Originally Posted by snrsnflwr View Post
    I was up watching the weather live when it hit and I think I remember the storm spotter saying something about the after prom party on the south side of town when they started seeing the power flashes.

Originally Posted by SoonerSean03 View Post
    We're playing baseball in Ft. Smith this weekend. Looks to be a slight risk there so far. It's a strong tournament and we're kind of an average squad. I was hoping for rain so we could come home early. But then I'm a selfish ****.
    I live just west of Fort Smith. Storms always roll through here between 7 to midnight, so you should be able to get most of your tourney in.

Severe Weather Vol 2-Featuring SATP

Imma go ahead and say a lil prayer for the kids doing page week at the Cap this week, and staying in a hotel. Hopefully there's no bad weather for them to deal with. :-/
    The following users like this post: NickDangerThirdEye

Saturday is looking more and more like a "know where your shelter is" kind of day.

Saturday is looking more and more like a "know where your shelter is" kind of day.
    The one day I volunteer for some overtime...

Come on rain! The hay field is dry.

Yep.... like an underground shelter.
    CH 4 OKC said at noon today that we could have strong tornado's in Oklahoma on Saturday.

Looks like I am spending my weekend with my parents....again

wonder if they will let me park my car in their garage....

Great. I really hope the folks managing this soccer tourney consider cancelling it or moving games around. I don't really want to be at the South Lakes Soccer Club when it hits the fan.

Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    Great. I really hope the folks managing this soccer tourney consider cancelling it or moving games around. I don't really want to be at the South Lakes Soccer Club when it hits the fan.
    South Lakes? Yeah that is where my cousins from Poteau are playing... Where in the city is that? I think their games are at 9 and 2... so hopefully over before the storms...

Originally Posted by nstinson View Post
    South Lakes? Yeah that is where my cousins from Poteau are playing... Where in the city is that? I think their games are at 9 and 2... so hopefully over before the storms...
    Just west of I-44 on 119th I believe. Never been there . . . I think I remember seeing it on a map at like Meridian and 119th south of the airport.

My youngest is playing on two different teams in different age groups. She plays at 7 on Friday, and at 1, 4:45 and 6 on Saturday. Then at like 8, 9 and again on Sunday depending on where they place.

http://www.weatherspotlight.com/chat.html

venture from the OKCTalk.com board is the man when it comes to weather in the metro. If you want to be in the know, check out his website, link above.

Didn't venture used to be over here? Or is he here too? I can't remember.

Originally Posted by nstinson View Post
    tornado alley

about 1/2 mile west of I-44 on SW 119th should be about exit 111, sw 89th is exit 113

Looks like I picked a good weekend to leave town. Just hope my house is there when I come back.
    2 users like freeeewilly66's post: Bob Loblaw, OUMallen

Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    Just west of I-44 on 119th I believe. Never been there . . . I think I remember seeing it on a map at like Meridian and 119th south of the airport.

My youngest is playing on two different teams in different age groups. She plays at 7 on Friday, and at 1, 4:45 and 6 on Saturday. Then at like 8, 9 and again on Sunday depending on where they place.
    My daughter is playing there this Saturday as well. (It's our home field). I think you will like the facilities and hopefully the Tornadoes will stay at bay.

****! My wifes out of town and I have a date with a big tittied blonde 15 years younger than me.
    2 users like soonerdm's post: oilmud, OUMallen

****! My wifes out of town and I have a date with a big tittied blonde 15 years younger than me.
    Just make it an "inside" date.

(Inside THE HOUSE, you perv.)
    Last edited by OUMallen; April 23rd, 2014 at 05:27 PM.

Originally Posted by freeeewilly66 View Post
    Looks like I picked a good weekend to leave town. Just hope my house is there when I come back.
    I have heard rumors that more than a few people are planing on what basically amounts to an evacuation to out of state locations?

Not sure what's the problem. Sex and tornadoes go pretty well together, speaking from personal experience.
    2 users like SoonerAmongThePack's post: Julz, McRib

I have heard rumors that more than a few people are planing on what basically amounts to an evacuation to out of state locations?
    I sure hope not.

I heard a rumor that you're not safe unless you cross the border into Canada.