Tacos

Posted 1146 day(s) ago by suncoastsooner56599 Views 654 Replies
Page 13 of 14 3 11 12 13 14
    Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    Trader Joes has a pretty good soy chorizo for those that try to watch what they eat. It's not exactly healthy but much better than the artery clogging version.
    Soyrizo. It's surprisingly good. Had it from Sprouts.
    The following users like this post: McRib

Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    Yeah I'm reluctant to accept the fact that someone doesn't like chorizo too.... to each their own.

PS: if you choose not to like something based on the fact you got it on a pizza from Papa John's, expect some ridicule....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe you missed the second time I tried it. You worry about what you like to eat and I'll worry about what I like to eat.

Trader Joes has a pretty good soy chorizo for those that try to watch what they eat. It's not exactly healthy but much better than the artery clogging version.
    You do realize that meats, and fat in general really don't have a thing to do with clogging arteries, right? It's all that soy/carb shit. real chorizo is better for you.

To health!

2 users like Slytherin's post: Eigenvalue, PokeJ

Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    You do realize that meats, and fat in general really don't have a thing to do with clogging arteries, right? It's all that soy/carb shit. real chorizo is better for you.

To health!

I don't take diet advice from overweight people.
    Last edited by smot poker; May 9th, 2017 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Don't want to be dick.

You're already a dick, so why worry? And I have been "overweight" since I was about 9. Not fat, not an ounce of it until my later 30s, but morbidly over weight on the height/weight chart. Which is yet another medical cluster**** of a deal. I'm 5'11" and I'm supposed to weigh something like 152 pounds. I haven't weighed 152 since I was about 11. When I work out hard and get into fightin' shape I'm still about 230 or so. The next time I weigh anywhere close to 152 will be when I'm dying of cancer or decomposing in my coffin.

Don't take it from this fat boy then. Look at the latest research. Diabetes? carbs Morbid obesity? carbs About 100 other health issues? carbs

That's not nice.
    The following users like this post: smot poker

You're already a dick, so why worry? And I have been "overweight" since I was about 9. Not fat, not an ounce of it until my later 30s, but morbidly over weight on the height/weight chart. Which is yet another medical cluster**** of a deal. I'm 5'11" and I'm supposed to weigh something like 152 pounds. I haven't weighed 152 since I was about 11. When I work out hard and get into fightin' shape I'm still about 230 or so. The next time I weigh anywhere close to 152 will be when I'm dying of cancer or decomposing in my coffin.

Don't take it from this fat boy then. Look at the latest research. Diabetes? carbs Morbid obesity? carbs About 100 other health issues? carbs
    I have done tons of diet research and tried many many diets from ketogenic to fruitarian. And I've learned there is no one perfect diet, just eat mostly natural whole foods and don't be a glutton. "Carbs" don't cause diabetes because you can't lump all carbs in the same group. A banana has the same number of carbs as three average chocolate chip cookies. Yet one is healthy and one is not. The whole anti-carb movement is driven by extreme ignorance.

FWIW, I'm 6'0" and was pushing 240 at one time. I used to say there was no way I could ever get below 210 even if you removed all my fat. Whelp, I weighed 184 yesterday morning.
    2 users like smot poker's post: cowhippy, ThievingMagpie

For you PokeJ. The chorizo egg and cheese tacos I got over the weekend.

4 users like wendyaveli's post: Crazyivan, PokeJ, Slytherin, SoonerBull

Originally Posted by wendyaveli View Post

Two thumbs up!

Those look delish! I'm craving some now...

Originally Posted by SoonerBull View Post
    Those look delish! I'm craving some now...

They look like folded flour tortillas.

I have done tons of diet research and tried many many diets from ketogenic to fruitarian. And I've learned there is no one perfect diet, just eat mostly natural whole foods and don't be a glutton. "Carbs" don't cause diabetes because you can't lump all carbs in the same group. A banana has the same number of carbs as three average chocolate chip cookies. Yet one is healthy and one is not. The whole anti-carb movement is driven by extreme ignorance.

FWIW, I'm 6'0" and was pushing 240 at one time. I used to say there was no way I could ever get below 210 even if you removed all my fat. Whelp, I weighed 184 yesterday morning.
    Yes...and no. It's even more complex...and simple than you're stating. For example, a pear has carbs like the banana. However, a pear is a much better food/type of carb based on the amount of sugars. By "carbs" I really mean starches more than anything. Breads, pasta, etc. Also high fructose corn syrup. That shit is death. Sodas especially are death.

And you're right, don't be a glutton. That's my biggest downfall. I eat a lot when I sit down and eat. That said, my simple mass keeps me from ever approaching 184 pounds. The only way for me to get down that low would be to lose a lot of muscle mass. I have dense/heavy bones and genetically thick. People can never come close when guessing my weight. They always think I'm 20-30 pounds lighter than I am.

Now, since nobody gives a flying **** about all that, we're not having tacos, but the wife's Papa Murphy concoction pizza tonight. Pretty legit. I'll try to limit myself to one...slice.
    The following users like this post: smot poker

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    And you look like a dork. Well at least your avatar does.

Trying tacoville for lunch tomorrow. Thread was convincing.
    3 users like JBret's post: 1stTimeCaller, Clark W. Griswold, Petro-Sooner

OK. I know they're not real tacos, but over the past couple weeks circumstances on the road have made me eat at a few places I despise. I've had tacos from Taco Bell, Bueno, Taco Casa, Taco Johns, and Mayo.

Here they are, in ranked order:

1. Taco Casa, and it's not even close. BY A MILE better than all the rest.
    2. Bueno, suck, but better ok.
    3. Taco Johns, suck, but not as bad as the remaining group.
    4. Mayo/Taco Hell. Tie for suckitude.
    The following users like this post: MikeLucky

OK. I know they're not real tacos, but over the past couple weeks circumstances on the road have made me eat at a few places I despise. I've had tacos from Taco Bell, Bueno, Taco Casa, Taco Johns, and Mayo.

They're real tacos. They're just not real good tacos. I'm man enough to admit that in a time of weakness I have eaten at everyone of those.

The following users like this post: Slytherin

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Yeah, but I'm a sucker for flour tortillas...especially if their a tab bit cooked and crunchy. Those fit the bill!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: oucub23

The Griswolds love us some Taco Casa. Those tacos are on time, so are the Chiladas.
    4 users like Clark W. Griswold's post: kingswitz, MikeLucky, Petro-Sooner, Slytherin

Originally Posted by Clark W. Griswold View Post
    The Griswolds love us some Taco Casa. Those tacos are on time, so are the Chiladas.
    My lunch today in Gainesville was 2 tacos, and a chilada. For a FF taco joint? Yeah, pretty on time. Plus they were clean, neat, plenty of help, and came and picked up my trash off the table. Nary a trash can in the place. I won't be ashamed to go back.
    The following users like this post: Clark W. Griswold

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Originally Posted by Clark W. Griswold View Post
    My lunch today in Gainesville was 2 tacos, and a chilada. For a FF taco joint? Yeah, pretty on time. Plus they were clean, neat, plenty of help, and came and picked up my trash off the table. Nary a trash can in the place. I won't be ashamed to go back.
    So, being half messican and literally growing up on authentic New Mexican food... I'm almost ashamed to admit this.... But, I am OBSESSED with Taco Casa. It was a go-to for me when I lived south of Norman, and now that they've opened one in Midwest City, it's been a more-than-once-a-week stop for myself and several of my coworkers. In fact, if any of us go there's hell to pay if invites and/or taking of orders to bring some back aren't appropriately offered. I came back to work the other day from there with a taco casa cup and literally had my life threatened 4 times.

Just a great fast food place that is quick, clean, and fresh.
    2 users like MikeLucky's post: Clark W. Griswold, Slytherin

As far as fast food Tex mex goes, Taco Casa rocks. The others.... not so much.

3 users like AcousticSoup's post: Clark W. Griswold, kingswitz, MikeLucky

Back on topic!!! Had Hugo's Taquiza's off 23rd with some of my girlfriends today. Nice little spot. $1.00 tacos today. Had 4 al pastor and a Mexican coke for like $7.00. Hole in the wall place. Will definitely go back.

8 users like wendyaveli's post: Fugue, Lake_Bum, nocalsooner, OU48A, PokeJ, ThievingMagpie, WalkOn, wendyaveli

Back on topic!!! Had Hugo's Taquiza's off 23rd with some of my girlfriends today. Nice little spot. $1.00 tacos today. Had 4 al pastor and a Mexican coke for like $7.00. Hole in the wall place. Will definitely go back.

Is that chicken?

No. Al Pastor. My friend got a ground beef taco with what it looked like a cut up hot dog? She did not eat it lol.

No. Al Pastor. My friend got a ground beef taco with what it looked like a cut up hot dog? She did not eat it lol.

That's some real messican shit right there. If you were to be a visitor at a messican household, any taco, breakfast burrito, bowl of menudo will have hot dogs just like that. And no Oscar Meyer bullshit either... Bar ****ing S, FTW.

Seeing that makes me want to go there for sure.
    5 users like MikeLucky's post: AcousticSoup, Fugue, McRib, Slytherin, wendyaveli

Heck of a meal for $7.00. Great find.
    The following users like this post: wendyaveli

Originally Posted by JBret View Post
    Trying tacoville for lunch tomorrow. Thread was convincing.
    I must say I really enjoyed the chicken combo burrito and the chicken tacos but the beef tacos (they only have ground beef) were underwhelming.
    Anytime two people can eat for under $10, you have to temper your expectations, but overall, a real nice little hole in the wall kinda joint.
    The following users like this post: kingswitz

Hell I would have ate it but I was already full. Super pumped we found this place. They have a large menu and they even serve breffus tacos. If I could get my ass up early brought I'd get some for the office lol

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    That's some real messican shit right there. If you were to be a visitor at a messican household, any taco, breakfast burrito, bowl of menudo will have hot dogs just like that. And no Oscar Meyer bullshit either... Bar ****ing S, FTW.

Seeing that makes me want to go there for sure.
    Fake news here.

I must say I really enjoyed the chicken combo burrito and the chicken tacos but the beef tacos (they only have ground beef) were underwhelming.
    Anytime two people can eat for under $10, you have to temper your expectations, but overall, a real nice little hole in the wall kinda joint.
    Yeah, for a place called Tacoville, the tacos are just okay.

Next time go with a sancho, a nacho supreme (tostada-like), and guacamole (they only have guac on Wednesdays and Friday's).

Did you like the hot sauce?

Originally Posted by nocalsooner View Post
    Fake news here.
    Yes and no. There are Mexican hot dog places in Tucson. It's more of a Sonoran thing though. Sonoran hot dogs are bomb ****ing diggity now.

https://www.google.com/#tbm=lcl&q=me...6!2i318!4f13.1

Glad you guys like Taco Casa. A really good friend of mine owns a few. I've been addicted to them since middle school. One of my favorite things about them is the consistency of the portions of their ingredients. I go to other taco places and it's 90% shell, 6 shreds of cheese and a spoonful of beef.
    4 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: Clark W. Griswold, kingswitz, MikeLucky, WalkOn

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Glad you guys like Taco Casa. A really good friend of mine owns a few. I've been addicted to them since middle school. One of my favorite things about them is the consistency of the portions of their ingredients. I go to other taco places and it's 90% shell, 6 shreds of cheese and a spoonful of beef.
    Yep. I can go to Taco Hell or Mayo and after 6 tacos I'm still hungry. About 3-4 is all I can handle at Taco Casa. Usually only get 2.

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Hands down the best fast food taco place that I've ever eaten. And you are correct on their consistency.
    4 users like kingswitz's post: Clark W. Griswold, Petro-Sooner, Slytherin, WalkOn

Kind of interesting. One of the huge successes is a commitment to keeping the menu simple, and offering consistently good food and portions. I remember a business professor telling me one time that the most successful businesses are the ones that never diversify. He listed Greek House and In-n-Out as examples. He listed places like Der Wienerschnitzel as a negative example. When they were just doing hot dogs and polish sausage they were rocking it. Once they add hamburgers, chicken, etc. to the menu they floundered.

"Upshaw and her husband, Roy Upshaw, founded the Fort Worth, Texas-based company in 1972 after almost a decade of experience as a Taco Bell franchisee.
    Taco Casa began with 16 menu items and has not expanded its menu since it started. “We still want to cook our shells, meat and beans fresh several times a day, offer quality food and keep the menu simple,” Shelda Upshaw says. “It was never our intention to own a lot of stores, but we had friends and family come to us and wanted the opportunity.”
    More than 40 years and a number of investors later, Taco Casa has grown to 73 stores with 70 of those located in Texas and three in Oklahoma."

Rumor has it that the recently closed burger king on 19th in Moore is going to become a Taco Casa.

Found this at Sam's. Cooking it tonight. Will report after.

The following users like this post: MikeLucky

Hopefully the finished product looks a lot better 😀

Hopefully the finished product looks a lot better
    Not so much. Chp made his version of Atomic Salsa so it helps, lol. My dogs can have treats all week.

The following users like this post: JBret

$3 for a Messican Coke?

Should have asked me first Wendy. We sell a lot of it but I've never thought it was all that good. Our demo team demos that quite a bit and it always seems dry and bland.
    The following users like this post: wendyaveli

Originally Posted by cfin5256 View Post
    Should have asked me first Wendy. We sell a lot of it but I've never thought it was all that good. Our demo team demos that quite a bit and it always seems dry and bland.
    Ugh. You right! lol

The following users like this post: cfin5256

Originally Posted by kingswitz View Post
    Hands down the best fast food taco place that I've ever eaten. And you are correct on their consistency.
    Agreed. The one here in Norman is always clean, food is always good, and the service always seems to be pretty good as well.

However, since its right by Norman High School, lunchtime there during the week is an adventure in trying to get your food in a timely manner (which is not their fault). Last time I was over there during my lunch hour, it was so crowded inside that the doors wouldn't close and the drive thru was backed up pretty far.

Ugh. You right! lol

Something I would recommend if they carry it at your club would be the bacon-wrapped pork loin. It's pre-seasoned but it's got a pretty good flavor to it. The pre-seasoned tri-tip isn't too bad but you'd be better off buying the tri-tip we cut and season it yourself.
    2 users like cfin5256's post: ThievingMagpie, wendyaveli

Originally Posted by cfin5256 View Post
    Something I would recommend if they carry it at your club would be the bacon-wrapped pork loin. It's pre-seasoned but it's got a pretty good flavor to it. The pre-seasoned tri-tip isn't too bad but you'd be better off buying the tri-tip we cut and season it yourself.
    Thanks for the heads up! I like bacon wrapped stuff lol

Y'all really need to swing down Lexington way and get you some Danny's. His truck sits on the main drag through town right after you cross the bridge from Purcell. Tacos pollos, carne asada plate, and a carne asada burrito. Each plate weighs well over a pound. $6 for the tacos, $7 for the plate, and $7 for the burrito. Very, very tasty. As good as any taco truck I've had. He's managed to stay in business there for about 6-7 months now and is getting busier and busier. He's there during lunch hours through the week too.

5 users like Slytherin's post: cfin5256, oilmud, PokeJ, ThievingMagpie, wendyaveli

Big Red and Barbacoa ❤️

Big Red and Barbacoa ❤️

We need more pics. I don't get out much so I'm living vicariously through the food threads...
    2 users like cfin5256's post: Clark W. Griswold, wendyaveli

Big Red and Barbacoa ❤️

I love barbacoa and I'm sure it was delicious, but that looks like a hairy, dehydrated turd.
    3 users like Tommy_Boy's post: AcousticSoup, ThievingMagpie, wendyaveli

Made some carne asada yesterday. We freelanced what it went into though. Some turned into tacos, some turned into grilled burritos.

4 users like AcousticSoup's post: Clark W. Griswold, nocalsooner, Slytherin, ThievingMagpie