Steaks.

Posted 789 day(s) ago by wendyaveli166171 Views 2544 Replies
Page 5 of 51 3 4 5 6 7 15
    How about you guys mind your own business and I'll cook my steak how ever I want. I don't need the school or LT's telling me how to cook my steak.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    School?
    :sigh: I try so hard, yet fail.

Start calling you Max.

I was making a play off the "purity" thread.

Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I was making a play off the "purity" thread.
    Ah. Explains why I missed your pull--avoided that thread.

Ah. Explains why I missed your pull--avoided that thread.
    Smart man.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

Originally Posted by Sooner JK View Post
    4 pages....my god are you people still talking about how other people eat their food?
    No. We are talking about how we eat out food.

At one of the supermarkets I frequent, they had prime grade NY steaks at $9.99/lb. Normally this store doesn't carry prime grade ... so I was skeptical and bought just one to try it.

What was bizarre was the choice grade NY steaks and the grade below that, were both higher priced.

Another store I frequent regularly carries prime grade steaks , but at around $22/lb.

So, I pan seared it in a hot iron skillet to get a crusty sear on the outside, while remaining a cool red on the inside. It was no joke - a beautifully marbled, tender, flavorful prime grade. Had an Asian cabbage salad on the side.

Bought two more today.
    4 users like nocalsooner's post: bushmaster06, Mixer!, oucub23, wendyaveli

I'm sure it's been mentioned but just in case it hasn't.. I'll recommend Wild Country Meats in Hominy.. It's a meat market & restaurant... For Tulsa peeps it's about a 40-45 minute drive northwest & its well worth it.. Best ribeye I've had in a long time & i didn't have to take out a loan for it.. Complimentary homemade chips n dip as a starter, we also ordered some calf fries(a first for me) & much to my surprise they were really good, not chewy at all like i had expected.. At the end of your meal you get a complimentary root beer float as well.. The entire meal was outstanding, will definitely go back & try the BBQ next time...
    3 users like northspeter's post: IKILLYOU!, ThievingMagpie, wendyaveli

Originally Posted by northspeter View Post
    I'm sure it's been mentioned but just in case it hasn't.. I'll recommend Wild Country Meats in Hominy.. It's a meat market & restaurant... For Tulsa peeps it's about a 40-45 minute drive northwest & its well worth it.. Best ribeye I've had in a long time & i didn't have to take out a loan for it.. Complimentary homemade chips n dip as a starter, we also ordered some calf fries(a first for me) & much to my surprise they were really good, not chewy at all like i had expected.. At the end of your meal you get a complimentary root beer float as well.. The entire meal was outstanding, will definitely go back & try the BBQ next time...
    I love eating there and I have also had beef processed there, they do a really nice job.
    The following users like this post: northspeter

Originally Posted by IKILLYOU! View Post
    I love eating there and I have also had beef processed there, they do a really nice job.
    how is the BBQ, what would you recommend... ?

how is the BBQ, what would you recommend... ?
    Haven't tried everything, usually pass through there at lunchtime. I have eaten with friends that like the BBQ but I have only had the sliced brisket sandwich and remember it being tasty. Steaks and burgers are the main things I like there and of course the calf fries are pretty good.

Originally Posted by wendyaveli View Post
    I heard some man order a medium well steak for dinner. How could you ruin a perfectly good steak? Rude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds just like my wife of 32 years. Every time we go to a nice steak house and the waiter (or waitress) asks my wife how she wants her steak she replies............BURN IT! Not "well done", but....BURN IT! It comes out looking like the sole of an old shoe that has been thrown on the grill for a couple of hours. BUT HEY, she's the one who has to eat it...not me! And she always seems to enjoy it so who am I to complain. I just sit there shaking my head enjoying MY steak that has been slid over the grill 30 seconds on each side. I always tell the waiter to just knock the horns off, wipe it's nasty ass, and slap it on a plate. I enjoy mine RARE, and she likes hers burnt. Married for 32 years....I guess opposites really DO attract! The world would be a boring place if we were all the same.
    The following users like this post: wendyaveli

Back at a restaurant i worked in a guy order a filet mignon steak- cold. not rare, not blue, raw.

We just set a raw steak on the plate

freaking vampire or some shit.
    The following users like this post: usaousooner

chilled organic strawberries, fresh pineapple chunks, orange cherry tomatoes, oven roasted cauliflower w/olive oil, oven roasted cremini and portabello mushrooms w/olive oil, pan roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon, onion, & garlic and USDA Prime New York Strip Steak, medium rare.
    3 users like nocalsooner's post: ngintunr, usaousooner, wendyaveli

Originally Posted by crispysdad View Post
    Sounds just like my wife of 32 years. Every time we go to a nice steak house and the waiter (or waitress) asks my wife how she wants her steak she replies............BURN IT! Not "well done", but....BURN IT! It comes out looking like the sole of an old shoe that has been thrown on the grill for a couple of hours. BUT HEY, she's the one who has to eat it...not me! And she always seems to enjoy it so who am I to complain. I just sit there shaking my head enjoying MY steak that has been slid over the grill 30 seconds on each side. I always tell the waiter to just knock the horns off, wipe it's nasty ass, and slap it on a plate. I enjoy mine RARE, and she likes hers burnt. Married for 32 years....I guess opposites really DO attract! The world would be a boring place if we were all the same.
    Does she ask for the ketchup on the steak, or on the side?
    The following users like this post: Slytherin

was going to take a steer there for processing but the seller backed out on our deal...
    will probly go there next year....
    sounds like they run an impressive operation..

Originally Posted by nocalsooner View Post
    At one of the supermarkets I frequent, they had prime grade NY steaks at $9.99/lb. Normally this store doesn't carry prime grade ... so I was skeptical and bought just one to try it.

What was bizarre was the choice grade NY steaks and the grade below that, were both higher priced.

Another store I frequent regularly carries prime grade steaks , but at around $22/lb.

So, I pan seared it in a hot iron skillet to get a crusty sear on the outside, while remaining a cool red on the inside. It was no joke - a beautifully marbled, tender, flavorful prime grade. Had an Asian cabbage salad on the side.

Bought two more today.
    it was probly from an old jersey cow....

Bought two more today.
    Where is this supermarket? I perhaps am nearby (Dublin).

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    it was probly from an old jersey cow....
    Or a big tomcat.... ... ....

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Or a big tomcat.... ... ....
    tomcats never grade prime...

1 1/8 inch t-bones on for the sear...

after the sear.....time to rest...

might as well put on some burgers while the steaks rest.....
    why let hot coals go to waste?

Thanks for the invite, ashoole.

Spoiler:

1 1/8 inch t-bones on for the sear...

after the sear.....time to rest...

might as well put on some burgers while the steaks rest.....
    why let hot coals go to waste?

Not sure I would exactly call that a sear, but to each their own..
    7 users like ArbySooner's post: AcousticSoup, bushmaster06, Coach, MikeLucky, ngintunr, SixBean, SoonerArtillery

If I could hook any of you up with one of my wife's WELL DONE pan fried steaks and a bottle of catsup you would stop eating your meat raw.

Originally Posted by tennsooner View Post
    If I could hook any of you up with one of my wife's WELL DONE pan fried steaks and a bottle of catsup you would stop eating your meat raw.

pics?

Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    i was running a bit behind so i didn't get the coals as hot as i usually do...
    it was still damn good eating...trust me...

Nothing wrong with a pan. Well done and catsup though? Yikes.
    The following users like this post: bushmaster06

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    Not even a good sear for a gas grill... over charcoal that's a tragic excuse for a sear.
    I've read some crazy shit on this board before, but this is near the top of the list. You are a solid poster, but c'mon man.... that's just some lunacy right there.

Mmmmmmm, grey beef.....
    Looks fantastic.....
    3 users like 1stTimeCaller's post: AcousticSoup, ngintunr, PokeJ

For ****'s sake man, is that a pork chop?
    5 users like mgsooner's post: 1stTimeCaller, AcousticSoup, bushmaster06, ngintunr, waynepayne

nope...that's one of the last few packages of steak from a show steer i got a year ago.....aged 28 days....
    one of the best eating steers i've ever had butchered...
    what color is the crap you buy at the grocery store?
    you should try the good stuff occasionally .....

i'm excited to get this year's side of beef back from the butcher this week.....

Nothing wrong with a pan. Well done and catsup though? Yikes.
    Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    I've read some crazy shit on this board before, but this is near the top of the list. You are a solid poster, but c'mon man.... that's just some lunacy right there.
    The following users like this post: Coach

nope...that's one of the last few packages of steak from a show steer i got a year ago.....aged 28 days....<br />
    one of the best eating steers i've ever had butchered...<br />
    what color is the crap you buy at the grocery store?<br />
    you should try the good stuff occasionally .....<br />
    <br />
    i'm excited to get this year's side of beef back from the butcher this week.....<br />
    <br />
    <br/>

He's talking about the gray color of the "sear"..not the color of the raw meat. Lol

Originally Posted by Sieve View Post
    nope...that's one of the last few packages of steak from a show steer i got a year ago.....aged 28 days....<br />
    one of the best eating steers i've ever had butchered...<br />
    what color is the crap you buy at the grocery store?<br />
    you should try the good stuff occasionally .....<br />
    <br />
    i'm excited to get this year's side of beef back from the butcher this week.....<br />
    <br />
    <br/>

He's talking about the gray color of the "sear"..not the color of the raw meat. Lol
    i know what he's talking about...
    i have the highest quality grain fed angus meat..
    when i grill it....that's what it looks like...
    apparently everyone else has something else that looks different...
    i don't really care...

i know what he's talking about...
    i have the highest quality grain fed angus meat..
    when i grill it....that's what it looks like...
    apparently everyone else has something else that looks different...
    i don't really care...
    You do care or you wouldn't constantly be on this board trying so hard. The constant failure on your part to impress anyone is really the stuff of comedy at this point.
    4 users like MikeLucky's post: brokebacksooner, SixBean, SoCaliSooner, SoonerArtillery

You do care or you wouldn't constantly be on this board trying so hard. The constant failure on your part to impress anyone is really the stuff of comedy at this point.
    don't be so obsessed/jealous doucheymikey...
    and don't shit all over the steak thread...
    do we need a mod on the sammich board to make sure you behave ?

don't be so obsessed/jealous doucheymikey...
    and don't shit all over the steak thread...
    do we need a mod on the sammich board to make sure you behave ?
    You would be the last person I'd be jealous of. You present yourself as a horrible person. Not to mention you have no idea how to properly cook a steak. Is that on topic enough for you now?
    The following users like this post: OUEverest

That steak looks like something Flo cooked up on special at a truck stop $5.99 breakfast special.

- the mod on the food board
    3 users like AcousticSoup's post: ngintunr, SoonerArtillery, ThievingMagpie

Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    That steak looks like something Flo cooked up on special at a truck stop $5.99 breakfast special.

- the mod on the food board
    they were amazingly tender/juicy/flavorful...
    and the pic doesn't really show their size..
    those babies are about 20-24 oz each and about 8 or 9 inches long....
    that's what you get off a 1300 pound show steer...
    2 steaks are enough for the 4 of us...

pics?
    I'll see if she can make some later this week and post them.

Not even a good sear for a gas grill... over charcoal that's a tragic excuse for a sear.

Ok I was kidding about the catsup but I wasn't about the well done steaks. I'm not exactly sure how she makes them but she sears them in a hot pan and then transfers them to another skillet where she very slowly under low heat cooks them till all the pink is gone. They have an outstanding flavor and you can cut them with a fork. They are just outstanding and I prefer them over any I have ever grilled .

If that is true then you ruined two great steaks. Good job.
    Ok I was kidding about the catsup but I wasn't about the well done steaks. I'm not exactly sure how she makes them but she sears them in a hot pan and then transfers them to another skillet where she very slowly under low heat cooks them till all the pink is gone. They have an outstanding flavor and you can cut them with a fork. They are just outstanding and I prefer them over any I have ever grilled .
    Oh that's a great way to get a good sear. The sear I was talking about was 87's poor attempt.

Three minutes each side on high heat with a little oil. Don't move em. Baste with butter for last minute. Don't put them in the oven though--keep them in the med rare to med zone.

I hardly ever grill steaks anymore.

and they were still not cooked properly. beef shouldn't be gray when it comes off the grill.

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    and they were still not cooked properly. beef shouldn't be gray when it comes off the grill.
    Yes yes it should if it is 87's beef. Only perfectly raised and fed beef is gray when it comes off the grill.

Also how freaking rare did that steak have to be? It's was almost 3 inches thick and would have been undercooked for a steak less than one inch thick.

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    1. it wasn't gray....it was brown....
    2. it probly could have been seared a bit higher temp....but we don't like it charred.....
    3. did i mention it tasted just fabulous?
    4. have you posted any pics of your steaks?
    5. did i mention it was damn delicious?
    6. maybe you dumbazzes don't realize what resting a steak means......it means you remove it from the grill and let it rest 20 minutes...and then grill it again for about 3 minutes per side....i didn't include pics after the second grilling...
    7. did i mention it was an amazingly tender/juicy/tasty piece of beef?

Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Yes yes it should if it is 87's beef. Only perfectly raised and fed beef is gray when it comes off the grill.

Also how freaking rare did that steak have to be? It's was almost 3 inches thick and would have been undercooked for a steak less than one inch thick.
    pay closer attention...
    they are 1 1/8 inches thick..
    and like i thought...you didn't know what "resting" means....
    i thought you people knew a little about grilling....