Steaks.

Posted 787 day(s) ago by wendyaveli165843 Views 2544 Replies
Page 6 of 51 4 5 6 7 8 16
    Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    pay closer attention...
    they are 1 1/8 inches thick..
    and like i thought...you didn't know what "resting" means....
    i thought you people knew a little about grilling....
    You're an idiot. Lol

You don't rest it, then cook it again you ****tard. That defeats the entire purpose of resting it in the first place. I don't think resting meat means what you think it means. Lol
    3 users like MikeLucky's post: brokebacksooner, bushmaster06, SoonerArtillery

Wait, what??? Did you really just say I should rest for 20 minutes and then cook for six more?
    The following users like this post: waynepayne

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/trexsteak.htm

Now, the second most important step—letting the meat rest. I learned this important tidbit from a friend of mine, David Welch, who has been a chef at several well-known steak houses, including Pappas Bros. in Houston. Meat is mostly muscle that will contract and tighten during the searing process (think of when you get a “knot” in your shoulder muscle). For a tender, juicy steak, you must let the muscle in the meat relax before you cook your steak at a lower temperature (think of a massage working the knot out of your shoulder). After much experimentation, I have found that the optimum resting time for a steak is 20 minutes. Any longer than this and the juices start to run out of the meat. So leave the steak on a plate in your kitchen and walk away (if you have a dog, you may not want to walk away).

you dumbazzes should just stick to western sizzlin....
    you boys never fail to prove how stupid you are....over and over and over again.....regardless of subject....

Is this real life?
    3 users like mgsooner's post: AcousticSoup, BOOM, bushmaster06

you boys never fail to prove how stupid you are....over and over and over again.....regardless of subject....
    I'm pretty sure the link you posted is exactly what western sizzlin does.
    The following users like this post: SoonerArtillery

bbqs can be a ripoff.

i pick one up at a yard sale for $15 bucks and the thing works like a champ. the push button starter even works on it. its puts out some heat, enough to char some apple wood pieces i set off to the side.

some really high end expensive bbq's don't even get hot enough to properly cook a steak. they are just shiny and pretty.

You are such a moron. You ACTUALLY THINK that resting a steak means on a hot grill. Lol. You are such a funny sad little man.

<br />
    <br />
    http://www.nakedwhiz.com/trexsteak.htm<br />
    <br />
    Now, the second most important step—letting the meat rest. <b>I learned this important tidbit from a friend of mine, David Welch, who has been a chef at several well-known steak houses, including Pappas Bros. in Houston.</b> Meat is mostly muscle that will contract and tighten during the searing process (think of when you get a “knot” in your shoulder muscle). For a tender, juicy steak, you must let the muscle in the meat relax before you cook your steak at a lower temperature (think of a massage working the knot out of your shoulder). <b>After much experimentation, I have found that the optimum resting time for a steak is 20 minutes.</b> Any longer than this and the juices start to run out of the meat. So leave the steak on a plate in your kitchen and walk away (if you have a dog, you may not want to walk away).
    <br/>

The above linked cooking method is NOT what you said you did. No where in the above does it mention putting said steak BACK on the grill after resting. Dumazz.
    3 users like Sieve's post: bushmaster06, SixBean, SoonerArtillery

I can't decide which part of this thread is my favorite.... that idiot 87 worked so hard to impress us with how much better his cow meat is than any of our's... or the part where he then proved to us he has no idea how to cook them correctly and pretty much wasted such supposed great pieces of meat. It's such a close call.

how I learned to cook steaks on a grill, from the restaurant biz....

steak at 45 degree angle to grill rows-position 1
    rotate 90 degrees-pos 2
    flip over, again 45 degrees to grill lines-pos 3
    rotate 90-pos 4

remove from heat, rest for 8-10 minutes

carry-over cooking -after you take ...whatever off the grill its gonna continue to cook a bit

serve at 115 for med rare (its restaurant mid-rare most people would consider it rare)
    125 medium
    130 med well, etc.

requires high heat.

The meat was gray because he didn't cook it at high enough heat to properly sear the meat. The meat was drying up and cooking simultaneously. The coloring of the meat and the tan grill marks tell you all you need to know.
    The following users like this post: SoCaliSooner

The meat was gray because he didn't cook it at high enough heat to properly sear the meat. The meat was drying up and cooking simultaneously. The coloring of the meat and the tan grill marks tell you all you need to know.<br/>

It almost looks like it was steaming instead of searing as well..

Originally Posted by Sieve View Post
    yeah that's amateur hour for sure.

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    You are such a moron. You ACTUALLY THINK that resting a steak means on a hot grill. Lol. You are such a funny sad little man.
    no i actuallly don't.....
    do you know anything about anything?

The meat was gray because he didn't cook it at high enough heat to properly sear the meat. The meat was drying up and cooking simultaneously. The coloring of the meat and the tan grill marks tell you all you need to know.<br/>

it was seared for about 90 seconds on each side....
    while sitting on a plate in my kitchen for 20 minutes....very little juice seeped out....so the sear did its job....
    all you need to know is that it was an amazingly delicious steak.....
    Last edited by 87sooner; April 13th, 2015 at 08:02 AM.

You're an idiot. Lol

You don't rest it, then cook it again you ****tard. That defeats the entire purpose of resting it in the first place. I don't think resting meat means what you think it means. Lol
    you do if you know what you're doing.....and you're cooking high quality beef....
    you should stick to the jr sizzlin....

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Wait, what??? Did you really just say I should rest for 20 minutes and then cook for six more?
    yeah....that's what i said...
    i'm not surprised you've never heard of it....
    they don't do that at longwhorn steak house do they?

I can't decide which part of this thread is my favorite.... that idiot 87 worked so hard to impress us with how much better his cow meat is than any of our's... or the part where he then proved to us he has no idea how to cook them correctly and pretty much wasted such supposed great pieces of meat. It's such a close call.
    I'm kinda partial to the new way of resting/recooking a steak tutorial.
    The following users like this post: 87sooner

Originally Posted by SixBean View Post
    I'm kinda partial to the new way of resting/recooking a steak tutorial.
    this is the method that convinced me to buy a hasty bake....
    haven't grilled a steak any other way in several years...

btw...i posted this on page 3....i guess no one bothered to read it.....

http://www.landthieves.com/board/sho...=1#post2183465
    Last edited by 87sooner; April 13th, 2015 at 09:27 AM.

If that's the way you operate a charcoal grill, instead of a hasty bake, I'd probably recommend an Easy Bake.
    4 users like AcousticSoup's post: bushmaster06, MikeLucky, SixBean, ThievingMagpie

this is the method that convinced me to buy a hasty bake....
    haven't grilled a steak any other way in several years...

btw...i posted this on page 3....i guess no one bothered to read it.....

http://www.landthieves.com/board/sho...=1#post2183465
    Please don't associate Hasty Bake with your bone head "searing" methods. You're giving them a bad name.

Please don't associate Hasty Bake with your bone head "searing" methods. You're giving them a bad name.
    my searing method works....
    and the people i cook for prefer it......we don't like to taste char....just steak and a hint of hickory
    the steaks were delicious..

Meat snobs......Heh.....!!!

nothing brings out the flavor of a steak like some ketchup
    The following users like this post: 1stTimeCaller

1. it wasn't gray....it was brown....
    2. it probly could have been seared a bit higher temp....but we don't like it charred.....
    3. did i mention it tasted just fabulous?
    4. have you posted any pics of your steaks?
    5. did i mention it was damn delicious?
    6. maybe you dumbazzes don't realize what resting a steak means......it means you remove it from the grill and let it rest 20 minutes...and then grill it again for about 3 minutes per side....i didn't include pics after the second grilling...
    7. did i mention it was an amazingly tender/juicy/tasty piece of beef?
    I've been cooking professionally for over 12 years and I've never heard regrilling a steak after resting it. Unless you ****ed up and had to cook it more.

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    I've been cooking professionally for over 12 years and I've never heard regrilling a steak after resting it. Unless you ****ed up and had to cook it more.
    clearly you are a dumbazzzzzzz, by the way you are using poorly fed beef as your steaks don't look grey enough
    2 users like beech's post: bushmaster06, mgsooner

apparently you haven't cooked at any of the finer restaurants...
    congrats.....you learned something today.....

Basically, it was.

Basically, it was.
    did you go to cooking school?
    maybe you should consider a refresher course....

apparently you haven't cooked at any of the finer restaurants...
    congrats.....you learned something today.....

Oh, but I have. If I sent a steak out that looked like that gray shit you served I would've had my ass handed to me.
    The following users like this post: mgsooner

Oh, but I have. If I sent a steak out that looked like that gray shit you served I would've had my ass handed to me.

you're not paying attention...
    you don't know what the steak looked like when it was served...

did you go to cooking school?
    maybe you should consider a refresher course....
    How about you stick to growing wheat and leave the cooking to those who know what they're doing? Oh wait, you ****ed up your wheat crop.
    2 users like bushmaster06's post: mgsooner, MikeLucky

you're not paying attention...
    you don't know what the steak looked like when it was served...

So you took a picture of a shit steak and posted it and somehow it mysteriously looked better afterward, but you didn't show us that. Yeah, ok.
    4 users like bushmaster06's post: beech, Coach, mgsooner, SoonerArtillery

How about you stick to growing wheat and leave the cooking to those who know what they're doing? Oh wait, you ****ed up your wheat crop.
    you've never even heard of the method used to cook steaks in many fine restaurants....
    why is that?
    have you only cooked in western sizzlin?
    you need more training ....you are an amateur...

So you took a picture of a shit steak and posted it and somehow it mysteriously looked better afterward, but you didn't show us that. Yeah, ok.
    i clearly said the pic was after it was seared...
    after it was finished...we ate them...
    you don't know much about grilling do you?

I posted this earlier. It needs to be revisited I think. 14 Michelin stars.

Steaks.

I still never saw 87 post a picture of a seared steak. That was the eeyore of steaks.
    3 users like AcousticSoup's post: 1stTimeCaller, HellVol, SoonerArtillery

Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    I still never saw 87 post a picture of a seared steak. That was the eeyore of steaks.
    you should stick to western sizzlin and a bottle of heinze.....
    it's you

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    I posted this earlier. It needs to be revisited I think. 14 Michelin stars.

What kind of oil did he reference as the neutral oil he used? Couldn't understand it.

Gotdam 87, you're one dense fool. Why is it you're the only one here who doesn't understand how to sear a steak? I'll take that bushmaster, mouth watering steak over that greyed out, weak ass attempt at a grilled steak you posted any day! I still can't believe Hasty Bake lets such an amateur use their superb grills. Please, from now on stick to grilling hot dogs on that thing.
    The following users like this post: HellVol

Gotdam 87, you're one dense fool. Why is it you're the only one here who doesn't understand how to sear a steak? I'll take that bushmaster, mouth watering steak over that greyed out, weak ass attempt at a grilled steak you posted any day! I still can't believe Hasty Bake lets such an amateur use their superb grills. Please, from now on stick to grilling hot dogs on that thing.

i understand how to sear a steak.....and more importantly i understand why....
    hint.....it's not for looks....
    you can have the one that looks good....i'll take the one that tastes good....

Originally Posted by Crazyivan View Post
    What kind of oil did he reference as the neutral oil he used? Couldn't understand it.
    Groundnut oil.
    The following users like this post: brokebacksooner

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Groundnut oil.
    Thanks Cub. Okay, initially didn't know what that was, but now see it's also known as Peanut Oil. I definitely have that in stock.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

you've never even heard of the method used to cook steaks in many fine restaurants....
    why is that?
    have you only cooked in western sizzlin?
    you need more training ....you are an amateur...
    Yes, I've rested steaks. No, I haven't regrilled steaks after they've rested. And you call me an amateur.

This is why people don't like you. You messed up, admitted the grill should've been hotter before grilling, but you still argue that you did it on purpose. You're full of shit and got called on it. Man up and take it.
    3 users like bushmaster06's post: HellVol, mgsooner, MikeLucky

Yes, I've rested steaks. No, I haven't regrilled steaks after they've rested. And you call me an amateur.

This is why people don't like you. You messed up, admitted the grill should've been hotter before grilling, but you still argue that you did it on purpose. You're full of shit and got called on it. Man up and take it.
    lol...
    you're arguing and getting emotional about how i cooked MY steak....that was delicious....
    what's wrong with you?

regardless how hot the grill was....the sear did its job.....get it?
    do you know anything about grilling steaks? i mean....good quality steaks....

You sure you'd want my steak? I mean, it was only USDA Choice filet (not hand raised show steer) and grille over gas on my shorty Coleman tailgater grill.

lol...
    you're arguing and getting emotional about how i cooked MY steak....that was delicious....
    what's wrong with you?

regardless how hot the grill was....the sear did its job.....get it?
    do you know anything about grilling steaks? i mean....good quality steaks....

Emotional? Well I guess me (and everyone here) laughing at you is getting emotional then you're right.
    The following users like this post: Coach

And this 87 asshat even has a hasty bake with the expressed ability to move the coals close enough to the steaks to get a good sear and YET he still ****ed them up. Lol that is awesome. Then he proceeds to continue to get his ass handed to him over and over again. But, I thought you didn't care? Then why do you keep trying to convince everyone you are right when you are clearly wrong?

You need to find a different place to troll for people to impress. This place is WAY TOO smart for you.

You sure you'd want my steak? I mean, it was only USDA Choice filet (not hand raised show steer) and grille over gas on my shorty Coleman tailgater grill.
    100% sure.
    The following users like this post: bushmaster06